No EPG Data after reboot

VU+DUO

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 timobile

• 12 posts

Neutral

Posted 14 June 2010 - 15:50

I'm using the Vu+ Duo without a hardisk. I'm using a NAS to record, to play, to use timeshift and so on.
Everything works fine but the epg data is always gone when I restart the box from deepstandby.
In the network manager I mounted a drive with "use as hdd replacement" = true.
I installed the epgrefesh plugin and the epg.dat exists on the mounted drive. It will be actualized and has the actual timestamp. It seems that it will be correct saved/actualized. But after reboot, when I look into the EPG, there are only the infos of the actual transponder.
I tried the rytec EPG import. The same thing. Can anybody tell my whe the epg data won't be reloaded from the mounted drive?

Re: No EPG Data after reboot #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,683 posts

+1,740
Excellent

Posted 14 June 2010 - 16:04

Same setup here.

How do you mount your NAS, using the mount manager? I have my NAS mounted via entries in /etc/fstab, and I don't have any issues. Maybe the NAS isn't mounted when Enigma tries to reload the EPG?

You could check this by telnetting into the box, issue 'init 3' to stop Enigma, en then starting Enigma by hand by issuing 'enigma2'. Have your telnet program log the output so you can check if the epg is loaded before the mounts are made.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: No EPG Data after reboot #3 timobile

• 12 posts

Neutral

Posted 14 June 2010 - 16:12

Yes I mount my NAS using the mount manager. thanks for the hint. Can you give me an example what I must write in etc/fstab so that it replaces the entry in mount manger (especially "use as hdd replacement"...???)

Is the change in fstab after a software update gone?

Re: No EPG Data after reboot #4 pieterg

• PLi® Core member
  • 32,766 posts

+245
Excellent

Posted 14 June 2010 - 16:23

Is the change in fstab after a software update gone?

no, fstab is marked as 'configfile', so the box will ask you whether or not to keep your version, when an update is avaialbe

Re: No EPG Data after reboot #5 timobile

• 12 posts

Neutral

Posted 14 June 2010 - 20:10

here is the telnet output. Your hint was a good hint. the epg cache is started before the automount.py. Is it possible or how can I change the startup sequence?

It's working with an AAF E2 Image on a UFS910.

Attached Files

Re: No EPG Data after reboot #6 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,683 posts

+1,740
Excellent

Posted 14 June 2010 - 20:34

Something a dev has to look at I'm afraid. I can remember we had the same issue years ago with Enigma1.

In the meantime, you could add your mount to fstab, so your NAS share gets mounted before enigma2 starts...
//172.16.1.31/Movies /media/hdd		 cifs	  rw,username=dreambox,password=dreambox  1 3

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: No EPG Data after reboot #7 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,045 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:47

If you do NOT mount it as hdd replacement, the EPG data saving will work again. You can change the recording locations to the NAS in the configuration screens.

Re: No EPG Data after reboot #8 Taykun345

• 1,297 posts

+41
Good

Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:38

I am using mount manager (cifs) to mount my synology 110j NAS and i dont have any problems with rytecEPG/tmeshift/recording

Re: No EPG Data after reboot #9 timobile

• 12 posts

Neutral

Posted 15 June 2010 - 12:50

I'm using mount manager to mount with nfs. Altogether there are two mounts. One as hdd replacement.
I have no problems with timeshift and recording. Only with the epgdata that it won't be loaded on startup from deep standby.
I will try today evening the two suggestions - cifs and no hdd replacement...

Re: No EPG Data after reboot #10 timobile

• 12 posts

Neutral

Posted 15 June 2010 - 20:08

Sorry, but nothing helped. cifs/nfs and/or without hdd replacement didn't solve the problem. But there is something strange: not the startup is the problem but the shutdown. When I plug off the power while E2 is running and then reboot all epg datas are there. Only when I restart E2 by the menu or go into deep standby and then restart most epg data is gone.
It seems that the shutdown corrupts the epg.dat...

I can remeber that sombody postet a similar problem in an other forum but I can't remember where

Re: No EPG Data after reboot #11 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 15 June 2010 - 20:21

I can remeber that sombody postet a similar problem in an other forum but I can't remember where

I have the same problem, although I didn't check it thoroughly. I also
loose epg when I restart enigma.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: No EPG Data after reboot #12 timobile

• 12 posts

Neutral

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:11

now it works Posted Image

I uninstalled the plugin epgrefresh.

This is my working setup:
- Two drives mounted via mount manager (NFS). One as hdd replacement and there is the epg.dat
- Rytec (EPGImport) installed (don't know if it is really needed)
- no EPGRefresh plugin installed

Thanks for the help and the brainstormings

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: VU+DUO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users