cardmhz = 500
ident =
group = 1
emmcache = 1,1,0
blockemm-g = 1
lb_weight = 100

Works fine first time round but on restart of oscam I get the following:

usb_bulk_read read error -99

I have read on some forums this is due to the older vesrsion of kernel not releasing the USB devices correctly.

Does anyone have a fix for this

edit: subject better defined

DM800se Vu+Duo ET-9000 Vu+Ultimo

Re: Oscam & smargo #2 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,275 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 18 October 2010 - 11:07

I would at least also notify this at the streamboard forum, the forum of the creators of oscam -as- I sugest only they could solve this.

Re: Oscam & smargo #3 Alias1

• 575 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 18 October 2010 - 12:23

I would at least also notify this at the streamboard forum, the forum of the creators of oscam -as- I sugest only they could solve this.

PLi« openpli vuduo
vuduo login: root
Password:
[mail]root@vuduo[/mail] ~ # cat /proc/version
Linux version 2.6.18-7.3 ([mail]build@buildserver[/mail]) (gcc version 4.1.1) #1 SMP Mon Sep
20 06:11:00 CEST 2010
[mail]root@vuduo[/mail] ~ #
It has already been discussed on that forum the only fix is kernel version 2.6.30 or greater that they can come up with.
This version seems to fix the bug in releasing the USB ports correctly.

Re: Oscam & smargo #4 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,045 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 18 October 2010 - 14:19

And we're stuck with the old 2.6.18 kernel because VU+ and DMM don't create drivers for those. So basically, you're out of luck.
Real musicians never die - they just decompose

Re: Oscam & smargo #5 Alias1

• 575 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 19 October 2010 - 03:23

And we're stuck with the old 2.6.18 kernel because VU+ and DMM don't create drivers for those. So basically, you're out of luck.

Oh well good old dream multimedia got it working on mouse mode ecm times aint as good but never mind at least it works

Re: Oscam & smargo #6 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,275 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 19 October 2010 - 06:41

Because dream does not work... we only could notify oscam so they find another fix.

Re: Oscam & smargo #7 lionheart

• 35 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:52

I have a fix for this, and it works nicely on my VuDuo running OpenPLI Beta updated almost daily.

- First off, use the mouse protocol to read the smartgo. Smartreader doesn't work nicely with this version of kernel, as somebody has pointed out already
- When you stop oscam, and restart it for the second time, you will get an error when the oscam-reader module tries to initialize the USB device (it usually throws an error when trying to read the ATR of the card). This is because the kernel didn't release the USB device correctly when the oscam process went down. A workaround to this is to run the srp_tools command as root when oscam is no longer running:

root@vuduo ~ # srp_tools
<output follows>

The srp_tools command will reset the USB bus by reading the values associated to the smartgo reader, and this will allow you to startup oscam again and be able to hook up to the smartgo reader and initialize the card.

Give it a try and let me know if this fixes it for you. Remember however that the smartgo must be in Native mode (not dreambox) and that you must configure the reader under your oscam conf to utilize the mouse protocol.

Hope this helps..
Fabio

Re: Oscam & smargo #8 Alias1

• 575 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 19 October 2010 - 13:54

I have a fix for this, and it works nicely on my VuDuo running OpenPLI Beta updated almost daily.

- First off, use the mouse protocol to read the smartgo. Smartreader doesn't work nicely with this version of kernel, as somebody has pointed out already
- When you stop oscam, and restart it for the second time, you will get an error when the oscam-reader module tries to initialize the USB device (it usually throws an error when trying to read the ATR of the card). This is because the kernel didn't release the USB device correctly when the oscam process went down. A workaround to this is to run the srp_tools command as root when oscam is no longer running:

root@vuduo ~ # srp_tools
<output follows>

The srp_tools command will reset the USB bus by reading the values associated to the smartgo reader, and this will allow you to startup oscam again and be able to hook up to the smartgo reader and initialize the card.

Give it a try and let me know if this fixes it for you. Remember however that the smartgo must be in Native mode (not dreambox) and that you must configure the reader under your oscam conf to utilize the mouse protocol.

Hope this helps..
Fabio

It seems to work fine in mouse mode with USB to Serial drivers added but where do you get the srp_tools from just out of interest cause they aint loaded on my box

Re: Oscam & smargo #9 lionheart

• 35 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 October 2010 - 14:20

It seems to work fine in mouse mode with USB to Serial drivers added but where do you get the srp_tools from just out of interest cause they aint loaded on my box

srp_tools is just a binary application compiled for mipsel that you can copy to /usr/bin and use it without having to install any other dependency. For your convenience I've attached it to this post. It is compressed so remember to decompress it first with gzip -d.

Cheers

Attached Files

Re: Oscam & smargo #10 Alias1

• 575 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 19 October 2010 - 14:27

Thanks man you beat me to the post by about 3 minutes I have aleady found it and installed it on my machine I have noticed though in mouse mode oscam and the smargo seem to work fine I have done multiple restarts of oscam with it in this mode and no error

PLi« openpli vuduo
vuduo login: root
Password:
[mail]root@vuduo[/mail] ~ # srp_tools
smartreader+ version v1.5
MODE fixed
FREQ nan Mhz
KERNEL normal
T_MODE t = 0
EGT 0
[mail]root@vuduo[/mail] ~ #

Re: Oscam & smargo #11 lionheart

• 35 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 October 2010 - 14:32

Strange though, because the oscam build that I'm running (svn3145) needs first a bus reset through srp_tools, otherwise it won't read the card. Out of curiosity, are you running a new threaded oscam compile (>=1.00 trunk builds)?

Re: Oscam & smargo #12 Alias1

• 575 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 19 October 2010 - 14:41

Strange though, because the oscam build that I'm running (svn3145) needs first a bus reset through srp_tools, otherwise it won't read the card. Out of curiosity, are you running a new threaded oscam compile (>=1.00 trunk builds)?

Yup
OSCAM 1.00-svn build #3510
Have been running that for a week its stable

Re: Oscam & smargo #13 Alias1

• 575 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 19 October 2010 - 14:51

Cant edit my post but this is the script I made for starting and stopping oscam on Pli not sure if its the same one that Pli gives you on the downloads as I was running oscam before they added it

Attached Files

Re: Oscam & smargo #14 lionheart

• 35 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 October 2010 - 15:09

Here's mine, it works well with OSCam + CCcam + Mgcamd all running in the VuDuo with a Smartgo reader. Before starting OScam, it checks if the usb2serial drivers have been loaded, otherwise it will do it. Just in case anyone is lazy with writing their down:

#!/bin/sh
case "$1" in
start)
	   if [ $(lsmod|grep ftdi_sio|wc -l) -eq 0 ]; then
			 /etc/init.d/usb2serial start
	   else
			 echo "usb2serial drivers already loaded"
	   fi
	   /usr/bin/oscam -b
	   sleep 10
	   /usr/bin/CCcam
	   /usr/bin/mgcamd
	   ;;
stop)
	   kill `pidof mgcamd` 
	   kill `pidof CCcam` 
	   kill `pidof oscam` 
	   ;;
restart|reload)
	   $0 stop
	   sleep 1
	   $0 start
	   ;;
version)
	   echo "OSCam trunk | CCcam 2.1.4 | Mgcamd 1.35a"
	   ;;
info)
	   echo "OSCam + CCcam + Mgcamd"
	   ;;
*)
	   echo "Usage: $0 start|stop|restart"
	   exit 1
	   ;;
esac
exit 0

Re: Oscam & smargo #15 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,275 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 19 October 2010 - 15:16

T's wat je wilt... oscam, CCcam EN mgcamd en dat allemaal tegelijkertijd?

Re: Oscam & smargo #16 lionheart

• 35 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 October 2010 - 15:21

Some of us have gotten cards that don't get emm's written by oscam's implementation of dvbapi, therefore we must run something on top of it. Plus, mgcamd gives a faster zapping speed compared to oscam... which is something to not look down on to, if you ask..

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: VU+DUO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users