Enigma2

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 spock

• 214 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 29 March 2011 - 17:36

What has happened to the "ecm info" settings in "menu - system/setup/"? I needed to check ecm time and cam and I can no longer find the menu?

I did a system update today but it did not help.

Re: Ecm info #2 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,472 posts

+693
Excellent

Posted 29 March 2011 - 17:57

Strange... here you can still turn it off and on???

Re: Ecm info #3 spock

• 214 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 29 March 2011 - 18:28

Well, just reporting what I am seeing here, but now I attached some screenshots. If better proof is needed I guess I can make a video. Anyway, any tips on what to do in order to track down why the menu isn't showing here for me?

I did a fresh install but the menu item still does not show up. I'm using Ai.HD skin both before and after reinstall, but the problem remains on all skins I've tried..

Attached Files

Re: Ecm info #4 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,472 posts

+693
Excellent

Posted 29 March 2011 - 19:41

It should be in customize.

Re: Ecm info #5 spock

• 214 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 29 March 2011 - 20:04

In 'customize' I already found the "Show crypto info in infobar", but this setting does no difference - on or off, I still can't see any cam/ecm info.

What I meant was in the System menu, there used to be a selection named "ECM Info", in there I could enable a bar that would show up in the top of the display, presenting which cam is used, ecm time and some other things. This one is missing, or was it removed?

The new setting in the 'customize' menu, do I need some special skin for this one to work?

Re: Ecm info #6 VU+NL

• 6,424 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 29 March 2011 - 20:09

The new setting in the 'customize' menu, do I need some special skin for this one to work?

Well, not a special skin, but a skin supporting that.
Try Magic-(E)HD with the SecondInfoBar installed as extra (on second "OK") and see if that's what you want.
VU+ DUO/UNO/Digiality 85cm multifocus-4 X twin-Inverto-LNB's/Triax 88 USALS/Logitech Harmony 300, 555, 600, 900 en 1100

Re: Ecm info #7 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,859 posts

+1,747
Excellent

Posted 29 March 2011 - 20:09

For me it's stil where it's supposed to be... Your setup menu it still set to 'expert' (also in customize)?

Attached Files

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Ecm info #8 spock

• 214 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 29 March 2011 - 20:24

Well, not a special skin, but a skin supporting that. Try Magic-(E)HD with the SecondInfoBar installed as extra (on second "OK") and see if that's what you want.

SecondInfoBar is a good solution but I prefer the simplicity of a plain Ai.HD skin, since generally I dont want to see ecminfo/cam etc, I just needed it today to check what was going on with my card. It was nice to be able to just turn this feature on or off whenever I needed it, instead of having to install extra plugins and/or skins. I got sherlock to work now in the meantime though.

For me it's stil where it's supposed to be... Your setup menu it still set to 'expert' (also in customize)?

It's set to expert since installation, tried swapping to simple and then to expert again, but it did not change anything.

Re: Ecm info #9 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 29 March 2011 - 20:56

What I meant was in the System menu, there used to be a selection named "ECM Info", in there I could enable a bar that would show up in the top of the display, presenting which cam is used, ecm time and some other things. This one is missing, or was it removed?

setting you're talking about has never been present in a (clean) PLi image as such,
it appears when you've got CCcam info plugin installed...

Re: Ecm info #10 VU+NL

• 6,424 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 29 March 2011 - 21:10

...What I meant was in the System menu, there used to be a selection named "ECM Info", in there I could enable a bar that would show up in the top of the display, presenting which cam is used, ecm time and some other things. This one is missing, or was it removed?

setting you're talking about has never been present in a (clean) PLi image as such, it appears when you've got CCcam info plugin installed...

It does, also without CCcamInfo, but is skin-dependant (the Magic-(E)HD skin does provide that info in the infobar).
VU+ DUO/UNO/Digiality 85cm multifocus-4 X twin-Inverto-LNB's/Triax 88 USALS/Logitech Harmony 300, 555, 600, 900 en 1100

Re: Ecm info #11 spock

• 214 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 29 March 2011 - 21:11

setting you're talking about has never been present in a (clean) PLi image as such, it appears when you've got CCcam info plugin installed...

That's it! I havent had that plugin installed for a long time now, and I had no idea that "Ecm Info" was part of it since I never needed to check ecm infos until today. I actually thought this was a part of standard enigma2, stupid me.

Thanks for clarifying.

Re: Ecm info #12 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,472 posts

+693
Excellent

Posted 30 March 2011 - 06:59

Please note that the CCcam info plugin in patching straight in some phython code and cannot be removed anymore properly without reflashing your box (or use a opkg install enigma2-src trick)... for ecm info you have in most skins a row and with the seconde infobar using you also can get additional info on the OSD.

Re: Ecm info #13 VU+NL

• 6,424 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 30 March 2011 - 08:41

Good warning indeed. I don't like "plugins" behaving like that, and with this one I ran into problems several times.

And, as pointed out: there is in fact no need for this one. And besides, the PPanels also offer CCcam-info.

Re: Ecm info #14 Sjaaky

• 7,443 posts

+41
Good

Posted 1 April 2011 - 14:41

In 'customize' I already found the "Show crypto info in infobar", but this setting does no difference - on or off, I still can't see any cam/ecm info.

Last time I checked I needed to restart enigma before the setting took effect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users