←  [EN] Enduser support

Forums

»

The biggest bug..

berndel's Photo berndel 13 Jun 2011

dm7000 - open pli 11.06.2011 ... big bug: box is no more booting

i go back to 10.06.2011

same error with 12.06.2011 o.pli
box freeze completly during first booting after flash and show on tv blue sky open pli screen and lcd show that:

Posted Image

make anybody a test of the firmware before you bring it out??? if yes, then should have noted it this heavy bug.

the error is not after flashing separate after first booting and then move /var to cf card - after this box is freezing

but 50 times before with all images before 11.06.2011 was working with the same cf card without any prob..

with o,pli 13.06.2011 i get this:

Posted Image

now i go back to o.pli 06.06.2011 and test it Posted Image

pieterg's Photo pieterg 13 Jun 2011

there are no changes to the 7000 image, between 6.6 and 13.6
So any problems are caused by cdk inconsistencies.
(when I had to use this weird buildenvironment a few years ago, I noticed that almost every build from the same sources produced different results. That was a reason for me to decide not wanting to have anything to do with it again)

lucky for you there's always a dozen or so builds online, so you can pick the one that works best...

pieterg's Photo pieterg 13 Jun 2011

make anybody a test of the firmware before you bring it out???

these are automatic daily builds. Not 'brought out' by anybody, and not tested
(there's no such thing as an automatic test after an automatic build, for stuff like this)

berndel's Photo berndel 14 Jun 2011

error again in o.pli 14.06.:

move /var to cf card = ok
but after reboot box freeze completly

where from comes this bug into the images after 10.06.2011 ???

hemertje's Photo hemertje 14 Jun 2011

is your CF not corrupt or broken?

berndel's Photo berndel 15 Jun 2011

is your CF not corrupt or broken?

no!!! if i use images before 11.06.2011 and older -> move to /var working without problems..

berndel's Photo berndel 16 Jun 2011

with o,pli 13.06.2011 i get this:

Posted Image

now i go back to o.pli 06.06.2011 and test it Posted Image

same with 15.06.

since the version 11.06. there is this bug with the cf card. from where does this bug come? where is the source of these updates?

dAF2000's Photo dAF2000 16 Jun 2011

I've checked but we didn't change anything since 11.06 (or earlier). So, I can't understand why the CF wouldn't work anymore.
For now, you could better use the latest image which works for you. They are functionally the same (see the revision number in the file).

berndel's Photo berndel 18 Jun 2011

I've checked but we didn't change anything since 11.06 (or earlier). So, I can't understand why the CF wouldn't work anymore.
For now, you could better use the latest image which works for you. They are functionally the same (see the revision number in the file).

it must have changed something. if not, there would not be these problems. did if it nothing change, the people changed perhaps something, develop is that the cvs sources. where actual the source for the cvs?

pieterg's Photo pieterg 18 Jun 2011

no, we did not change anything for months.
So blame it on cdk brokenness, it happens a lot.
I'll clean the 7k builddir for you, perhaps that fixes it.

hemertje's Photo hemertje 20 Jun 2011

it must have changed something. if not, there would not be these problems. did if it nothing change, the people changed perhaps something, develop is that the cvs sources. where actual the source for the cvs?

no, we did not change anything for months.
So blame it on cdk brokenness, it happens a lot.
I'll clean the 7k builddir for you, perhaps that fixes it.

berndel, try the fresh build of today....

berndel's Photo berndel 25 Jun 2011

i format cf card and lost all data then new format and now working.

but now i have new strange thing.

Posted Image

i make channel search on astra19.2 and always i get BAT provider. what's this??? i don't like that! how can i disable it? this is on astra19.2 only

berndel's Photo berndel 25 Jun 2011

Posted Image

and independently of, why is there no screwed stone skin without snr? this manure is only for freaks and irritates in every channel switch!

now i have it Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

dAF2000's Photo dAF2000 27 Jun 2011

Are all your problems solved now? ;)

berndel's Photo berndel 3 Jul 2011

Are all your problems solved now? ;)

no. what is BAT and how can i disable it? (see post 25-06-2011 16:57 in this thread)

dAF2000's Photo dAF2000 4 Jul 2011

This is just the provider name as send by the providers.

berndel's Photo berndel 5 Jul 2011

This is just the provider name as send by the providers.

how to disable it?

dAF2000's Photo dAF2000 5 Jul 2011

Eh... not, I think. I often see strange provider names. You could try to remove it (if that's possible) but I don't really see the problem.