• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

Re: Permanent Timeshift #41 almero

• 25 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:40

Hi,
I am experiencing the same issue on my dm8000: PTS works unreliably when shifting over more than one event. Plus, 'timeshift record current event / select event' leads to a recording with length 0.
Problems started when I did an update somewhere early January 2012. It was my first update in at least a month. During December, I didn't see the problem.

Today I uninstalled PTS and installed an older version of PTS from early December (I tried 10/12 and 4/12). But 'Timeshift record current event' again lead to a recording with length 0.

I do remember something was changed late December in the way the timeshift buffer operates. Maybe that has something to do with it.

In the enigma2 update log, I found the following information:

Record stream information during timeshift - Mike Looijmans [Sun, 25 Dec 2011 11:02:12 +0000]

servicedvb: Record stream information during timeshift
Write an sc file during timeshift. This allows smooth (re)winding
at >16x during timeshift, and also improves skipping and other seek
related actions.

Drawback: The AP data is stored in memory, consuming ~64k RAM per hour
which is not used for anything.

Could it be that the PTS plugin is not aware of the changed timeshift structure and therefore cannot record it to disk?

Re: Permanent Timeshift #42 MrKappa

• 81 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 31 January 2012 - 19:13

What Almero say is very interesting. I suppose that the issue is connected with other updates outside the plugin itself. I hope that the developers can find the issue soon. For the moment I will not update automatically the image or anyway I will test it sometime but after a complete backup.

Re: Permanent Timeshift #43 MrKappa

• 81 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 5 February 2012 - 13:55

I have tested again yesterday with latest updated but until now I see the same issue. Other timeshift plugin (no PTS) seems to work fine. For the moment I stay with my december backup waiting for some news.

Re: Permanent Timeshift #44 umtauscher

• 177 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 8 February 2012 - 20:42

I experienced this problem too yesterday.
It is so sad that the problem is back.
Is there anybody working on this?
Thanks
Umtauscher

This is on the VU duo in my case btw

Edited by umtauscher, 8 February 2012 - 20:45.

Re: Permanent Timeshift #45 Lukin

• 137 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 10 February 2012 - 21:44

I see now only the old version is available for download (PTS 0.9.5), I don`t see how to save timeshifted events to disk,

is there any workaround to this?

Thx!

Re: Permanent Timeshift #46 hemispherical1

• 1,596 posts

+49
Good

Posted 10 February 2012 - 22:34

Hence the "You lose some features from 1.0.x, but at least it provides working timeshift"... :(

The incredibly clunky work around would be to manually go in and save the timeshift.* file, renaming with a .ts on the end to be playable by the DB movieplayer. Just remember not to change channels before you save the timeshift or it's gone with the wind... ;)

--
hemi

Re: Permanent Timeshift #47 Lukin

• 137 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 10 February 2012 - 23:13

Thx so much Hemi!!!

I hope it gets fixed.

Re: Permanent Timeshift #48 MrKappa

• 81 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 11 February 2012 - 00:50

I was lucky because I still kept a backup from december when a recent version of PTS was working with OpenPLI.
As we see all versions after 1.0.x does not work properly with an updated image so for the moment I keep this one.
I hope too for a fix so I can restart with the image updates.

Re: Permanent Timeshift #49 MrKappa

• 81 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 11 February 2012 - 13:43

PS: any change with today's kernel update for this issue?

Re: Permanent Timeshift #50 umtauscher

• 177 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:24

Thx so much Hemi!!!

I hope it gets fixed.

Thanks for that.
I had to delete the plugin and install it again to get "downgraded".
Neverthless I find it great to have a working version again. I can live with not beeing able to save any buffer files. I my opinion that never "really" worked anyway. It had far too many nearly redundantly named menue antries.
Cheers
Umtauscher

Re: Permanent Timeshift #51 Lukin

• 137 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 14 February 2012 - 14:58

PS: any change with today's kernel update for this issue?

I`m afraid, no, sorry!, I`m on an updated kernel build from last weekend and upgrading to the latest experimental PTS results in buggy timeshift, Like Hemi mentioned above, downgrading PTS seems to be the only fix, at least for now, I hope.

I can live with not beeing able to save any buffer files. I my opinion that never "really" worked anyway. It had far too many nearly redundantly named menu entries.

Least I can say is I got addicted to rewinding, skipping commercials, and last minute saving to disk, you can imagine how frustrated i get when things don`t work the way they`re supposed to...with that clunky workaround in mind, it only gets depressing, really!!!

Re: Permanent Timeshift #52 MrKappa

• 81 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 15 February 2012 - 19:39

I don't want to be negative but I don't know if somebody is working on this issue or we have some possibility to solve it. Maybe we should use the other timeshift plugin currently just to keep the image with last updates?
I'm sorry and I don't want to be misunderstood, I know it's an hobby and the developers do a great job (if we consider the level of maturity of this software) but it will be nice to know the status or we will get again PTS working using last OpenPLI.
Thank you

Re: Permanent Timeshift #53 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 15 February 2012 - 22:12

Milo suggested several days ago to adapt PTS from ViX, as it works fine there.

Re: Permanent Timeshift #54 MrKappa

• 81 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 16 February 2012 - 19:24

Sorry but I cannot find the post from Milo you mention. Please, could you link it or post the procedure?
Do we have to use another version of the plugin or adapt some other file?
Thank you

Re: Permanent Timeshift #55 andyblac

• 465 posts

+18
Neutral

Posted 16 February 2012 - 23:08

vix f

Sorry but I cannot find the post from Milo you mention. Please, could you link it or post the procedure?
Do we have to use another version of the plugin or adapt some other file?
Thank you

vix does not use the PTS plugin, i recoded the plugin and embedded the function direct into the core of vix image. but as SatKeikerd say's instant timeshift works in vix.

Edited by andyblac, 17 February 2012 - 00:57.

Re: Permanent Timeshift #56 MrKappa

• 81 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 17 February 2012 - 18:12

Thanks also to you Andyblac.

For my understanding basic timeshift is not an issue as we can use or an old version of PTS or use alternatively "AutoTimeshift" which allows similar basic functions.
There some nice functions on recent PTS versions (>1.0 release I guess) like the possibility to keep previous events and select one of these to save the recording for example.

Then, what is the status of development of PTS? Any chance to fix the recent issues?
It will be just nice to know that it has not been abandoned from the developers and we have some chance to get it working soon....

PS: I'm not a software designer or developer but I'm available as beta tester if it may help.

Edited by MrKappa, 17 February 2012 - 18:14.

Re: Permanent Timeshift #57 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:49

Sorry for my late response. You'll find Milo's statement at http://openpli.org/f...post__p__251367

Re: Permanent Timeshift #58 brdbch

• 6 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:02

Unfortunately Permanent Timeshift does not work correctly in the last VIX releases (at least on VU+ duo). It goes back to live whenever it reaches a new event, and there is no way to rewind back.

Re: Permanent Timeshift #59 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:10

Unfortunately Permanent Timeshift does not work correctly in the last VIX releases (at least on VU+ duo). It goes back to live whenever it reaches a new event, and there is no way to rewind back.

Did you report that on their forum? As this is not a known issue.

Re: Permanent Timeshift #60 brdbch

• 6 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:39

Yes, about 2 weeks ago.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ET9000

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users