• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Re: Auto language #21 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,326 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:48

Then the provider sends incorrect data... I never saw that ORY was coming out in upper case.... And I checked several transponders (but I do not have access to all channels!!!). If you are sure ORY in capital does work for you I'll commit this change for you!! I expect then ENG and POL should be auto changed to eng and pol by the iso language converter. I suggest for some reason ORY was not translated - so this should indeed be added. I also can add mis and mul for you... This is something we can not test or verify as I receive no Polish DVB-T channels.

When the auto selector selects polish and the subtitle is also polish the subtitles will be suspended by default as the audio language is the same as the subtitle language (usually you do not need subtitles in this case). With the 'allow subtitles when audio language is the same mask" you can abort this rule. In your example you have to set this by "1" as this is the 1st prefered subtitle language to get polish subtitles when the audio is also polish.

When ORY is selected you'll get Polish subtitles always as the languages are not equal.

Re: Auto language #22 macnuts

• 420 posts

+14
Neutral

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:16

... I never saw that ORY was coming out in upper case....

I can believe you. Polish providers do not adhere to standards in many ways.

... If you are sure ORY in capital does work for you I'll commit this change for you!! ...

Thank you very much. I does work and it will help many Polish users. ORY should suffice, I agree, no need for POL or ENG.

... I also can add mis and mul for you... This is something we can not test or verify as I receive no Polish DVB-T channels.

Please add those too. That would help Polish DVB-T viewers. I can confirm that it works fine.

When the auto selector selects polish and the subtitle is also polish the subtitles will be suspended by default as the audio language is the same as the subtitle language (usually you do not need subtitles in this case). With the 'allow subtitles when audio language is the same mask" you can abort this rule. In your example you have to set this by "1" as this is the 1st prefered subtitle language to get polish subtitles when the audio is also polish.

When ORY is selected you'll get Polish subtitles always as the languages are not equal.

The "disable subtitles when the audio language == subtitle language" general rule is OK, I agree and I could conclude it from the STB behavior. But I got the meaning of the "allow subtitle == audio language mask" option wrong. I thought that I had to specify "preferred audio" items there. So in my configuration, to have Polish, English and French subtitles enabled when the auto audio language selection matches any of them, I have to set the option to "1,2,3"? Thank you for clarifying that.

Re: Auto language #23 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,326 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 27 July 2011 - 18:12

FYI:
http://openpli.git.s...4f400d12695a883

Re: Auto language #24 macnuts

• 420 posts

+14
Neutral

Posted 28 July 2011 - 15:32

Thanks /images/smiley/smile.gif

Re: Auto language #25 xoxo

• 5 posts

Neutral

Posted 14 August 2011 - 12:53

Hi,
There is also a problem with auto language selection for norwegian. The code used in UsageConfig.py is "nob", this should be changed to "nor"

(I think "nob" is the code for norwegian bokmal (one of two very similar written languages we have in norway)) Problem is "nob" does'nt work.

Please change this

best regards,
xoxo

Re: Auto language #26 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,326 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 14 August 2011 - 16:37

I will take a look for it later today... Is it OK I just add nor? and leave nob there?

Re: Auto language #27 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,326 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 14 August 2011 - 17:29

See: http://openpli.git.s...f8371990395c291

As I could not find nob in the ISO list of languages I removed it. I suggest it was just a typo :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users