read more about a possibility:

http://www.pli-image...078#post_216078

on the Glassfibre 1GB DVB-C...

Re: Request to put WebIf back into feeds for all #23 Hump

• 88 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 9 September 2011 - 13:17

As of today, another Plugin (DreamExplorer) disappeared form the et feed. So far, so good. But, obviously the daily PLi Update also purges an existing plugin installation silently from the boxes, without the user knowledge or a warning. I'm sure that users are not very happy about this.

...but I know, the authors wishes have to be respected. I guess, the users wishes are not really important. At least users should be aware, that daily PLi software updates can and will remove any plugin (if originally installed from PLi feed) from their box, if so requested by the author.

Sorry, but this procedure really sucks. :(

Re: Request to put WebIf back into feeds for all #24 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 9 September 2011 - 13:24

I think it's more useful to complain at the authors of the plugins who want to use weird licenses or agreements.

Dreambox Dm8000 with all hardware addons donated to OpenPli. No interests anymore in policy of CanalDigitaal / M7 group and now-a-days channel encryption (like CI+ / HD+).

Good luck Enigma2 / OpenPli, it was fun with Sky Movies and so on, collected a nice collection of movies. Now back to basic boring lineair TV with KPN iTV (VDSL2 pair bonding 219 / 63 Mbps).

The VDSL pair bonding is excellent for... torrents to NAS in higher quality then HDTV (Like Dolby-TrueHD or DTS-Master-Audio soundquality ) :D

Re: Request to put WebIf back into feeds for all #25 Sjaaky

• 7,443 posts

+41
Good

Posted 9 September 2011 - 13:28

I guess, the users wishes are not really important.

Well they are, but those of the author are more important.

Re: Request to put WebIf back into feeds for all #26 Hump

• 88 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 9 September 2011 - 13:29

I think it's more useful to complain at the authors of the plugins who want to use weird licenses or agreements.

I fully agree. But for PLi it should be sufficient to remove the Plugin from the feeds an not purge existing installations on boxes. That would show enough respect for the authors. Why mess up existing installations? I don't understand this at all!

Re: Request to put WebIf back into feeds for all #27 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,297 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 9 September 2011 - 13:31

DreamExplorer is not compatible anymore for some reason. As it is a 3rd party plugin without having sources we cannot fix this. Please contact the auther of DreamExplorer. I suggest something goes wrong with the png improvements.

Please note that DreamExplorer is not removed at all yet...!!

Re: Request to put WebIf back into feeds for all #28 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 9 September 2011 - 13:36

I fully agree. But for PLi it should be sufficient to remove the Plugin from the feeds an not purge existing installations on boxes. That would show enough respect for the authors. Why mess up existing installations? I don't understand this at all!

It's time for the Common Public E2 Plugin repository.
No bullshit, no horseshit, no cellularorganismshit, no extraterrestrialshit but just open plugins that can be used on any enigma2 device.

So who will start the time eating job with informing enigma2 authors about this Common Public Enigma2 OpenPlugin repository?

If it's online, then we can make in the plugin list, two lists, one for the open plugins, and one for the closed by manufactorer preference list (the fools list).

Dreambox Dm8000 with all hardware addons donated to OpenPli. No interests anymore in policy of CanalDigitaal / M7 group and now-a-days channel encryption (like CI+ / HD+).

Good luck Enigma2 / OpenPli, it was fun with Sky Movies and so on, collected a nice collection of movies. Now back to basic boring lineair TV with KPN iTV (VDSL2 pair bonding 219 / 63 Mbps).

The VDSL pair bonding is excellent for... torrents to NAS in higher quality then HDTV (Like Dolby-TrueHD or DTS-Master-Audio soundquality ) :D

Re: Request to put WebIf back into feeds for all #29 Hump

• 88 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 9 September 2011 - 13:39

Ups, then I was wrong about the DreamExplorer Plugin. Sorry about this.

However, I still don't like the procedure for daily PLi Software Update deleting existing plugin installations on boxes, if so requested by authors.

Re: Request to put WebIf back into feeds for all #30 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 9 September 2011 - 13:44

calm down guys;-)
from your screens (in other section) it looks like it has something to do with yesterday's PicturePlayer plugin splitting, not with 'dmm wars' :-P
better ask @MiLo...

Re: Request to put WebIf back into feeds for all #31 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,625 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 9 September 2011 - 13:47

DreamExplorer is not compatible anymore for some reason. As it is a 3rd party plugin without having sources we cannot fix this. Please contact the auther of DreamExplorer. I suggest something goes wrong with the png improvements.

Please note that DreamExplorer is not removed at all yet...!!

DreamExplorer cannot import Pic_Thumb and picshow from PicturePlayer plugin,py , because it was is moved to ui.py, thats all...

change line 44 in plugin.py in DreamExplorer to: from Plugins.Extensions.PicturePlayer.ui import Pic_Thumb, picshow
Kdo nic nedělá, nic nezkazí!

Re: Request to put WebIf back into feeds for all #32 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,045 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 9 September 2011 - 13:51

As of today, another Plugin (DreamExplorer) disappeared form the et feed. So far, so good. But, obviously the daily PLi Update also purges an existing plugin installation silently from the boxes, without the user knowledge or a warning. I'm sure that users are not very happy about this.http://www.dict.cc/e...isappeared.html

If they are purged, that was never by design nor was it intentional. There is no mechanism at all to remove packages.
"DreamExplorer" is not in the PLi repository at all, so it's a 3rd party plugin.

(the removal of the Webinterface plugin was accidental: It wasn't actually removed, but replaced with a version that hardly contained any files. That has been fixed, but by then, it was already too late for most users.)

I can understand that you think you have the right to be pissed off, but that isn't justified because it is only based on the false assumption that we would actually want to remove packages from user's machines. I would like to know what the basis for your faulty assumption is. How did you come to your conclusion?
Real musicians never die - they just decompose

Re: Request to put WebIf back into feeds for all #33 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,045 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 9 September 2011 - 13:59

DreamExplorer cannot import Pic_Thumb and picshow from PicturePlayer plugin,py , because it was is moved to ui.py, thats all...
change line 44 in plugin.py in DreamExplorer to: from Plugins.Extensions.PicturePlayer.ui import Pic_Thumb, picshow

Ah, if that's all, I can just add a few backward compatibility placeholders for them. There might be more plugins that attempt to do something similar.

Re: Request to put WebIf back into feeds for all #34 Hump

• 88 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 9 September 2011 - 14:15

If they are purged, that was never by design nor was it intentional. There is no mechanism at all to remove packages.
"DreamExplorer" is not in the PLi repository at all, so it's a 3rd party plugin.

I was wrong on this. I already aplogized. Sorry.

(the removal of the Webinterface plugin was accidental: It wasn't actually removed, but replaced with a version that hardly contained any files. That has been fixed, but by then, it was already too late for most users.)

In my opinion the existing plugin installations on users boxes should not be touched at all, if it would be a downgrade of the plugin. webif and webbouquet editor did not work at all, after the PLi Software update at that time. Removal of the Plugin on the feeds, should have been more then sufficient, to show respect for the author.

I can understand that you think you have the right to be pissed off, but that isn't justified because it is only based on the false assumption that we would actually want to remove packages from user's machines. I would like to know what the basis for your faulty assumption is. How did you come to your conclusion?

Well, if a working plugin installation gets replaced bei a than non-working (understand, that the old version was fixed after the fact) old version, than the original working version is removed - gone . Isn't it? ...wrong conclusion?

...btw, I'm not pissed, I'm just discussing this issue...and don't get me wrong, you guys are doing a great job for all of us. Thanks.

Re: Request to put WebIf back into feeds for all #35 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,045 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 9 September 2011 - 18:05

For clarity:

This is the commit that removed the Webinterface. The effect should have been that the plugin simply wasn't being built any longer. The last version would remain in the feed, and even if not in the feed, that version would remain installed on any box.

http://openpli.git.s...8d17980943c3911

A few days later, pieterg figured out what went wrong and committed this fix:

http://openpli.git.s...a865ca209798ff7

Because the Webinterface directory still existed after the build, the packager picked it up as being the new version, thereby destroying the previous one.

Re: Request to put WebIf back into feeds for all #36 Hump

• 88 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 9 September 2011 - 18:47

@Milo,

thanks for the clarifacation. Shit happens sometimes. That isn't problem at all! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users