+12
Neutral

Posted 13 November 2011 - 15:36

The path searched are:
/media/usb/picon/
/media/cf/picon/
/usr/share/enigma2/picon/

isn't it possible to look for **/picon/

Dreambox Dm8000 with all hardware addons donated to OpenPli. No interests anymore in policy of CanalDigitaal / M7 group and now-a-days channel encryption (like CI+ / HD+).

Good luck Enigma2 / OpenPli, it was fun with Sky Movies and so on, collected a nice collection of movies. Now back to basic boring lineair TV with KPN iTV (VDSL2 pair bonding 219 / 63 Mbps).

The VDSL pair bonding is excellent for... torrents to NAS in higher quality then HDTV (Like Dolby-TrueHD or DTS-Master-Audio soundquality ) :D

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #63 theparasol

• 4,157 posts

+198
Excellent

Posted 13 November 2011 - 15:37

It works, I had to click an icon "Show EPG..."

Have to say this webif works fast!
I hated the dreamboxonly webif for its slow performance

@Camping: ZGemma H.2S, Technisat Multytenne 4-in-1 @Home: Edision Mini 4K, Wave Frontier T55, EMP Centauri EMP DiSEqC 8/1 switch, 4x Inverto Ultra Black single LNB

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #64 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 13 November 2011 - 15:39

I hope openwebif is soon compatible with all those external applications who use webif. (like phone and computer programs)

Dreambox Dm8000 with all hardware addons donated to OpenPli. No interests anymore in policy of CanalDigitaal / M7 group and now-a-days channel encryption (like CI+ / HD+).

Good luck Enigma2 / OpenPli, it was fun with Sky Movies and so on, collected a nice collection of movies. Now back to basic boring lineair TV with KPN iTV (VDSL2 pair bonding 219 / 63 Mbps).

The VDSL pair bonding is excellent for... torrents to NAS in higher quality then HDTV (Like Dolby-TrueHD or DTS-Master-Audio soundquality ) :D

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #65 joseb

• 139 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 13 November 2011 - 15:56

I also vote for no popup windows. It starts to look really nice!
ET9000 ET5000 - 3 quad LNB 19,23,28 E - Viseosat

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #66 bacicciosat

• 540 posts

+100
Excellent

Posted 13 November 2011 - 15:58

Have to say this webif works fast!
I hated the dreamboxonly webif for its slow performance

About performance i think you will be surprise.
OpenWebIf is already fast. But cheetah offer the availability to compile templates to speed up all.
So at the end of work when the application will be complete we will compile templates and the performance will be more increased.

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #67 kooleracer

• 130 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 13 November 2011 - 16:21

Awesome work, thx all !

BTW, (well, this may be stupid question) is it possible to implement HTML5 support for the channel streaming? IDK if this require recoding (if so i know that this is not possible), but if not I think this should be possible? It would be fine to use HTML5 browser capabilities, instead of VLC player..

I think that is a really interesting suggestion? Is HTML5 a future possibility?

««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««« »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

Mut@nt / AX HD51 | Linux  4.7.4 | OpenPLi 4.0

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #68 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,042 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 13 November 2011 - 16:31

The path searched are:
/media/usb/picon/
/media/cf/picon/
/usr/share/enigma2/picon/

isn't it possible to look for **/picon/

Yes, just use "Components.Renderer.Picon.searchPath", it already maintains a list of picon location (and may also contain, for example, /media/sdd1/picon/ and similar paths) and only contains locations that actually have picon file in them.
Real musicians never die - they just decompose

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #69 daddelfalk

• 489 posts

+17
Neutral

Posted 13 November 2011 - 17:18

Hi,

use attached Patch to avoid crashing when Webbserver wants to bind on a Port already in use.

We should also consider using/implementing HTTPS with TLS (not SSL anymore) in latest Version and strongest SHA-Algo with a Default Certificate later, to upper the Security Level for HTTPS-Connections to a State-of-the-Art Encryption.

Attached Files

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #70 theparasol

• 4,157 posts

+198
Excellent

Posted 13 November 2011 - 17:39

Why use a secure connection to a webif of a box? I for certain never will use it.

@Camping: ZGemma H.2S, Technisat Multytenne 4-in-1 @Home: Edision Mini 4K, Wave Frontier T55, EMP Centauri EMP DiSEqC 8/1 switch, 4x Inverto Ultra Black single LNB

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #71 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 13 November 2011 - 18:10

As long as the standard certificate is used, there is nothing secure about it.

And with your own certificate, all you to is encrypt the connection. Anyone can still go to your box and brute-force it. Same as without an encrypted connection. So I second @theparasol.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #72 daddelfalk

• 489 posts

+17
Neutral

Posted 13 November 2011 - 18:20

Hi,

old WebInterface uses a Default Certificate and SSLv2/3 Method which is not regared as secure anymore. Using TLSv1 and HTTPs make sure that noboday can sniff your Password entered in WebInterface or perform MITM-Attacks.

Maybe implement a Button to create an own "self-signed" Individual Certificate helps.

And adding support for TLSV1 HTTPS should be easy:

+ ctx = ssl.DefaultOpenSSLContextFactory('/etc/enigma2/server.pem', '/etc/enigma2/cacert.pem', sslmethod=SSL.TLSv1_METHOD)
+ try:
+ https_running = reactor.listenSSL(port, ctx, site)
+ print "[OpenWebif] started on %i"% (port)
+ except CannotListenError:
+ print "[OpenWebif] failed to listen on Port %i" % (port)

+

Edited by daddelfalk, 13 November 2011 - 18:23.

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #73 theparasol

• 4,157 posts

+198
Excellent

Posted 13 November 2011 - 18:22

If its that simple: do it, but I think there are at the moment important features like volume control / streaming to code :)

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #74 daddelfalk

• 489 posts

+17
Neutral

Posted 13 November 2011 - 18:26

Hi,

it's just a suggestion, while we discuss all things and Features in here. I give no timeline and give special features a high priority, that's not my task ;)

If its that simple: do it, but I think there are at the moment important features like volume control / streaming to code :)

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #75 Homey-GER

• 24 posts

+42
Good

Posted 13 November 2011 - 18:36

Hey there,

if you need some help let me know. I would really like to help with OpenWebif and maybe other plugins later. I am talented Webdeveloper with a lot of experience in html/xhtml and javascript/jquery and I also know a lot about python plugins on my dreambox. I would like to help a little bit with the OpenWebif to get it finished as fast as posssible. Today I spend an hour to create a Movielist on my installed OpenWebif, not finished completly yet and still missing download and stream support but I also could take a look at it.

Just want to make sure no one else is already working on it, no need to waste time on something that someone else is currently working on.

So ... if you need help, just let me know!

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #76 daddelfalk

• 489 posts

+17
Neutral

Posted 13 November 2011 - 18:39

Hi Homey-GER,

nice to meet you in here. Feel invited to join OpenWebIf Development, i think we need a strong Formation in the complete "Web" Stuff.

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #77 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,042 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 13 November 2011 - 19:03

The "standard" webinterface used a private key for HTTPS that was publicly known and available. That's way worse than anything else - it's locking the window and leaving the door open with a sign on the road pointing to it.

That's why I made the default "disabled", to make people think about using it. Apart from just wasting resources, the HTTPS gave a false sense of security, while in reality, the connection was just as secure as plain text.

So IF you add it, make sure to force the end user to generate or upload a certificate - and offer a way of doing so without editing files on the box. Do not make the same mistake again...
Real musicians never die - they just decompose

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #78 bacicciosat

• 540 posts

+100
Excellent

Posted 13 November 2011 - 19:37

Hey there,

if you need some help let me know. I would really like to help with OpenWebif and maybe other plugins later. I am talented Webdeveloper with a lot of experience in html/xhtml and javascript/jquery and I also know a lot about python plugins on my dreambox. I would like to help a little bit with the OpenWebif to get it finished as fast as posssible. Today I spend an hour to create a Movielist on my installed OpenWebif, not finished completly yet and still missing download and stream support but I also could take a look at it.

Just want to make sure no one else is already working on it, no need to waste time on something that someone else is currently working on.

So ... if you need help, just let me know!

Hi Homey,
E2OpenPlugins and OepnWebIf are open to all the developers that want to join (just ask to Sjaaky to enter in the team).

About OpenWebIf:
At the present i am working to complete the epg adding epg searching and skaman is working to web api.
Next things in my todo list are the volume functions.
So nobody is working to movie list and stream.
If you want to partecipate i think your help will be appreciated.

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #79 pieterg

• PLi® Core member
  • 32,766 posts

+245
Excellent

Posted 13 November 2011 - 21:21

I was thinking about writing an alternative for the streamproxy.
But no work has been done yet, and I have plenty of things on my TODO list, so I'll leave the streaming to you :)

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #80 bacicciosat

• 540 posts

+100
Excellent

Posted 13 November 2011 - 21:24

I was thinking about writing an alternative for the streamproxy.
But no work has been done yet, and I have plenty of things on my TODO list, so I'll leave the streaming to you :)

Please pieterg don't leave two heads are better than one :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users