1459 replies to this topic

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #101 Meega

• 3,000 posts

+51
Good

Posted 14 November 2011 - 19:34

From my part ,welcome to.

I (and i think others) am very interested in the btw part,homey. :D
So please :( join bacicciosat and Skaman with developing the openwebif,and other plugins to ofcourse . :P

ET10000+ Openpli 6.1,1m schotel 4x duo-lnb op vaste opstelling.

Momolights teensy 2.0 met 50 leds op een string ,150 channels
DM8000 Openpli 6.1 Release

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #102 bacicciosat

• 540 posts

+100
Excellent

Posted 14 November 2011 - 19:52

Started to add volume functions (not yet complete).
We use a nice jQuery Ui built-in slider to manage volume.

Attached Files

• Attached File  ow4.png   138.74KB   164 downloads

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #103 Homey-GER

• 24 posts

+42
Good

Posted 14 November 2011 - 20:20

Looks very nice! I like that!

There is a lot of nice stuff that can be done with javascript, specially jQuery. I am working in my job all the day with it because most of the stuff we do with jQuery. So go with that!

Like already said, my movielist is basicly ready to release, just 1-2 more things that I will finish tomorow.

Maybe you guys also have some ideas and suggestions what we could do there? Some new features, some nice effects? It's currently very simple, but if you have some ideas of what else I could implement there!?

Attached File  movies.png   53.38KB   140 downloads

Just one more thing I would like to say:
About performance when fetching bouquets, movielist etc.
I didnt had time to benchmark the cheetah template engine and bouquet fetches and also see the performance is already very very nice, but there is maybe one last thing we could do better. Instead letting the Box creating the template and full html for the ajax call, we could minimize it and just fetch the channellist via AJAX as a JSON String. Less Overhead because the box does not need to create the full HTML for it. We could just fetch an JSON Object/Array with the channeldata and create the HTML with jQuery. This is a common practice today to keep load low on webservers, just push out json with the required data and let the client (browser) of the user create the full HTML. This is usually much faster then fetching XML Feeds or letting the server/box creating the full HTML.

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #104 Meega

• 3,000 posts

+51
Good

Posted 14 November 2011 - 20:31

use attached Patch to avoid crashing when Webbserver wants to bind on a Port already in use.

Applyed thanks.

Ps. I have added the Epg Search.
Please test.

Well i've tested the epg search and it works just fine.
But i have a suggestion ,is it possible to add sat position on the different tabs,some search's deliver the same program on different sat's and i think it's come in handy when you see the sat position.
And maby, when you type a search you have to click on the search button (what comes naturally) but maby it's also possible to hit the enter button on your keyboard.

Thanks

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #105 Meega

• 3,000 posts

+51
Good

Posted 14 November 2011 - 20:43

Maybe you guys also have some ideas and suggestions what we could do there? Some new features, some nice effects? It's currently very simple, but if you have some ideas of what else I could implement there!?

One thing you could think about is the viewingstatus from the movie.
In the image Openpli on the movieplayer (build in) we can see the status of the movie with some chooseble icons.
A statusbar or with a sphere with diferent colours red yellow ,green.
I no Milo can tell more about this.
And maby a delete button.

Sorry for this list :D

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #106 bacicciosat

• 540 posts

+100
Excellent

Posted 14 November 2011 - 21:00

Like already said, my movielist is basicly ready to release, just 1-2 more things that I will finish tomorow.

Very good Homey, remember to ask to Sjaaky to join in the team your github account so you can commit your code.

Just one more thing I would like to say:
About performance when fetching bouquets, movielist etc.
I didnt had time to benchmark the cheetah template engine and bouquet fetches and also see the performance is already very very nice, but there is maybe one last thing we could do better. Instead letting the Box creating the template and full html for the ajax call, we could minimize it and just fetch the channellist via AJAX as a JSON String. Less Overhead because the box does not need to create the full HTML for it. We could just fetch an JSON Object/Array with the channeldata and create the HTML with jQuery. This is a common practice today to keep load low on webservers, just push out json with the required data and let the client (browser) of the user create the full HTML. This is usually much faster then fetching XML Feeds or letting the server/box creating the full HTML.

Yes we talked with skaman about this possibility but we are not so expert in javascript so feel free to try any solution that can speed up performance with json.

Another thing. We are not web-developers and if you look at OW css you will understand well :D
So feel free to restructure css and or make all the changes to css and layout that you think are useful.

Edited by bacicciosat, 14 November 2011 - 21:01.

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #107 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 14 November 2011 - 21:07

Looks very nice! I like that!
It's currently very simple, but if you have some ideas of what else I could implement there!?

I got some other ideas, if you don't mind:
How about a awesome Signal panel (in original webif it's antenna icon on top right).
But then with DB & SNR & AGC & BER as huge bars from red to green. So that it is more easy to adjust the dish to have best signal quality.
If it's with big bars, then it's more easy to see when dish is away from computer screen.

Most important, that openwebif is compatible with 3th party programs who use original webif, like DreamDroid.

Edited by J3r03n5ky, 14 November 2011 - 21:08.

Dreambox Dm8000 with all hardware addons donated to OpenPli. No interests anymore in policy of CanalDigitaal / M7 group and now-a-days channel encryption (like CI+ / HD+).

Good luck Enigma2 / OpenPli, it was fun with Sky Movies and so on, collected a nice collection of movies. Now back to basic boring lineair TV with KPN iTV (VDSL2 pair bonding 219 / 63 Mbps).

The VDSL pair bonding is excellent for... torrents to NAS in higher quality then HDTV (Like Dolby-TrueHD or DTS-Master-Audio soundquality ) :D

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #108 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 14 November 2011 - 21:15

I suppose subdirectories with recordings in it are also supported in MovieList?
So that it not only look in movies directory. but also in 4 example /media/hdd/movie/Horror/MegaFart.ts

Dreambox Dm8000 with all hardware addons donated to OpenPli. No interests anymore in policy of CanalDigitaal / M7 group and now-a-days channel encryption (like CI+ / HD+).

Good luck Enigma2 / OpenPli, it was fun with Sky Movies and so on, collected a nice collection of movies. Now back to basic boring lineair TV with KPN iTV (VDSL2 pair bonding 219 / 63 Mbps).

The VDSL pair bonding is excellent for... torrents to NAS in higher quality then HDTV (Like Dolby-TrueHD or DTS-Master-Audio soundquality ) :D

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #109 Homey-GER

• 24 posts

+42
Good

Posted 14 November 2011 - 21:29

Suggestion of a friend that I also would like:
Clicking the Speaker Icon in the Volume should MUTE the audio and the Icon should get replaced by an Speaker with red X or something like that. So you can mute and unmute the audio by clicking the speaker icon. Shouldn't be to hard to implement, but if you are out of time but like that idea, let me know and I can do it if you are finished with the audio stuff.

I suppose subdirectories with recordings in it are also supported in MovieList?

Uhm no you cant browser the full HDD (yet). You have a DropDown Menu with your Video Bookmarks that you use. A full filebrowser is a lot of more work, but we also could add an input field where you can add a path manually. Or make those video bookmarks easily editable from the webif ...

Edited by Homey-GER, 14 November 2011 - 21:31.

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #110 bacicciosat

• 540 posts

+100
Excellent

Posted 14 November 2011 - 21:44

Suggestion of a friend that I also would like:
Clicking the Speaker Icon in the Volume should MUTE the audio and the Icon should get replaced by an Speaker with red X or something like that. So you can mute and unmute the audio by clicking the speaker icon. Shouldn't be to hard to implement, but if you are out of time but like that idea, let me know and I can do it if you are finished with the audio stuff.

Yes yes of course, the icon is already changed when you set volume to 0.
But Volume have to be completed with mute/unmute and with the update of the state from the box at page loading.
About this we have not yet a system of live update.
The plan is at page loading to update volume and current service. I was thinking to add current service basic info (service name ecc) in the top of the page where you see now "n/a" and to put all the complete infos about current service in the tab page "current" with many info as possible like in a skin OSD. with progress bars for ber snr ecc.
So there is too much work to do :D

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #111 bacicciosat

• 540 posts

+100
Excellent

Posted 14 November 2011 - 21:48

Most important, that openwebif is compatible with 3th party programs who use original webif, like DreamDroid.

Sure. skaman is writing the complete set of standard api used by all the external applications like DreamDroid ecc.

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #112 Homey-GER

• 24 posts

+42
Good

Posted 14 November 2011 - 21:48

Here a simple JS to make it possible to mute/unmute by clicking the Speaker:

$('#volimage').click(function(){
  if (mutestatus == 0) {
   mutestatus = 1;
   $.ajax("web/vol?set=set0")
   $("#volimage").attr("src","/images/volume_mute.png");
  } else  {
   mutestatus = 0;
   $.ajax("web/vol?set=set" + $("#amount").val())
   $("#volimage").attr("src","/images/volume.png");
  }
});

And a "var mutestatus = 0;" global variable definied at the top of openwebif.js

For sure can be done better (we need to know mute status on the box for example). Just a quick way to make my friend happy and give him his mute button ;)

Yes we talked with skaman about this possibility but we are not so expert in javascript so feel free to try any solution that can speed up performance with json.

Okay then I will create a test bouquets-list within the next days, JSON based and the HTML rendered by the Browser and jQuery. It's not that complicated with jQuery, but I guess that's easy to say for me because I am working with jQuery and Javascript and Ajax Calls like this 8 hours per day in my job :)

Let's just try it out one time to see if it makes a big difference between letting the browser or box creating the ready html for this. I think that template engine does a good job and if it's not much big difference we can keep it the current way. But I am interested to know how quick it can be if we just fetch an json object with the channels and let the Browser then render the HTML with jQuery. Then we can do some benchmarks and see what performs better and makes more sense.

Edited by Homey-GER, 14 November 2011 - 21:52.

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #113 joseb

• 139 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 14 November 2011 - 22:16

Then we can do some benchmarks and see what performs better and makes more sense.

Just make sure you also try it on a Nokia N97 or similarly slow device.
Processor speed and resources on mobile devices are very often
comparable or even less than satellite boxes, not to speak of the
sometimes awkward browsers used on these devices.

Nobody will expect a great user experience on these phones, but
it would be nice if it worked. If it works there, chances are it works
really well on a six-core PC.
ET9000 ET5000 - 3 quad LNB 19,23,28 E - Viseosat

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #114 Homey-GER

• 24 posts

+42
Good

Posted 14 November 2011 - 22:17

Okay so last but not least for today I made a quick bencharmk with my "ALL Bouquet" to see how long it takes to load it.

my all bouquet contains around 1500 channels if I remember right.

It takes around 30 seconds on the original webinterface ...

And around 6 seconds currently in the OpenWebif. One second is for the python part (getChannels()) and around 4-5 seconds to generate the template and html code.

Without the template stuff and directly outputting JSON Object it takes around 2 seconds. So thats more then 2x faster than letting the box creating the full html code for 1500 channels. Might be worth to take a look at it, specially on slower boxes like the old DM800 it could be much more faster then.

Benchmark Results:
1.) Just Python Stuff
2.) Output Data as JSON Object
3.) Current Webif Call (let the box create full html)

Attached Files

Edited by Homey-GER, 14 November 2011 - 22:18.

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #115 nietgiftig

• 787 posts

+39
Good

Posted 14 November 2011 - 22:29

Combi screen Bouquets / Channels ?

Attached Files

Hardware: Master VU Uno 4K SE  1x Mut@nt HD51.4K & 2x ZgemmaH9T
Software : Pli (v7) (7.1rc) 2019 

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #116 bacicciosat

• 540 posts

+100
Excellent

Posted 14 November 2011 - 22:33

To make benchmark test you it is better to try with a compiled template.
If you have installed chetaah on you pc you can use for example

cheetah-compile channels.tmpl

Here is the cheetah user guide.

Attached Files

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #117 joseb

• 139 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 14 November 2011 - 22:35

Without the template stuff and directly outputting JSON Object it takes around 2 seconds.
On what satellite receiver? On which browser? And, more important, on what PC?
ET9000 ET5000 - 3 quad LNB 19,23,28 E - Viseosat

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #118 bacicciosat

• 540 posts

+100
Excellent

Posted 14 November 2011 - 23:04

Without the template stuff and directly outputting JSON Object it takes around 2 seconds. So thats more then 2x faster than letting the box creating the full html code for 1500 channels. Might be worth to take a look at it, specially on slower boxes like the old DM800 it could be much more faster then.

Very good, so let's go with Json

Here a simple JS to make it possible to mute/unmute by clicking the Speaker:

Well, i will let you to commit and to complete volume functions, i need a little break.
:D

Edited by bacicciosat, 14 November 2011 - 23:09.

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #119 Homey-GER

• 24 posts

+42
Good

Posted 16 November 2011 - 18:23

Sorry I am limited here to make postings due to forum restrictions for new accounts.

So ... let's make a ToDo List so I know what needs to be done and what I can do from it.[list]
[*]An Status Ajax-Feed (JSON prefered) where we grab informations from current running-state (Volume, MuteStatus, Current Channel, StandBy Mode and maybe other information that we need)
[*]Use this Feed to set current Volume, Channel in Header and other things (all this can be done via jQuery when Ajax Fetch done; we should grab this feed every x seconds and update information in WebIf)
[*]BoxInfo Tab: Look why Chipset is "unknown" on my DM800se
[*]Movies: Get my Movielist Stuff into GIT
[*]TV Bouquets: For Testings purposes I want to create an JSON Channel List and render the HTML via jQuery in the Browser
[*]Box Control: Send Message, Power-Control and Screenshot Support (shouldn't be much work)
[*]Box Control:Timers and Remote Control (much work)
[*]Radio List
[*]WebTV: TV Live Stream Support
[/list]
I can create the first 5 things within the next few days, but if someone else wants to create one of this, let me know.

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #120 Homey-GER

• 24 posts

+42
Good

Posted 16 November 2011 - 18:31

grr cant even edit my postings ...

Just make sure you also try it on a Nokia N97 or similarly slow device.
Processor speed and resources on mobile devices are very often
comparable or even less than satellite boxes, not to speak of the
sometimes awkward browsers used on these devices.

Yes for sure this needs to be checked. But I dont have a N97 but an old and very slow iPhone 3G. I will see how it performs when it has to create the channelist via javascript inside the browser. What's also good about json is that we only need to transfer 10% of the Data via Internet. Specially if you are not at home and want to use the webif on your phone via internet, it can help a lot of we don't have to transfer so much data via internet. For example the ALL Bouquet has currently a size of 800kb. With JSON format it's only 80kb. Much faster to transfer this via Internet ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users