Posted 5 July 2018 - 18:50

My decoder is H7C but with OpenPLI 4

Re: BackupSuite #1002 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,588 posts

+1,738
Excellent

Posted 5 July 2018 - 19:12

OpenPLi 4 is end of life (and has been for a while), upgrade to OpenPLi 6 first.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: BackupSuite #1003 Persian Prince

• 1,982 posts

+247
Excellent

Posted 5 July 2018 - 20:30

My decoder is H7C but with OpenPLI 4

There will be no support for Open PLi 4 or any obsolete image from me.

Open Vision sources: https://github.com/OpenVisionE2

Re: BackupSuite #1004 Persian Prince

• 1,982 posts

+247
Excellent

Posted 1 August 2018 - 12:01

Backupsuite does work on the Zgemma H9T when making a backup, although the layout of the backup is totally different from it's original.

So I tried to flash it (restore backup) with the backupsuite plugin itself but that doesn't work.

You get a message that enigma2 will be stopped, then you wait some minutes and the box restarts itself so you think the backup is flashed but in in fact nothing happened !

I did some updates regarding h9 problem, please eplace your backupsuite.sh with latest one: https://github.com/P.../backupsuite.sh

Let me know if it works :)

Regards,

Persian Prince

Re: BackupSuite #1005 frankviana

• 472 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 1 August 2018 - 13:24

How to add the auto image backup like "full image backup" (choosing by day/week) and not only manually? I'm using vu zero 4k and the officail plugin openpli don't work.

Dreambox Two, GT-Media V8XS, GT-Media M7x, GT-Media v9 prime, Gt-Media Finder Meter 2, , TBS 6903-x v2, Octagon SF8008 single, Edision OS Mini 4k, Zgemma h9s SE, GT-Media V8UHD, Raspberry Pi 4, T95 Max + (CoreElec/Tvheadend), Freesky Triplo X, Zgemma h9 twin, Zgemma h9s, Amiko SHD 8900, Gt-Media GTC, Octagon SX88+, Octagon SX88, Vu Zero, Vu+ Zero 4K, Mecool K1/K2/K3, Azamerica s2010, Azamerica s810B, Nazabox Xgame, Koqit K1 mini, TBS 5520se, TBS 5925, TBS 6922se, Openbox X5, Openbox S9, AZBOX TITAN twin, AZBOX Premium+, AZBOX Elite , Rasp Pi, Rasp Pi 2/3, Orange Pi PC, Coolsat 5000, Dm528s, DM800se, Satlink 6933, Satlink 6960, Satlink 6932, GT-Media V8, Gt-Media V8 Meter,  PixelView PlayTV USB SBTVD ISDB-T (dib0700), Mygica S270 ISDB-T (Siano Rio). C-Band Motorized dish - 5,00m (20ºE - 116.8ºW), Ku-Band Motorized dish - 1,80m (3ºw - 116,8ºW)

Re: BackupSuite #1006 Niceguy

• 244 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 1 August 2018 - 15:26

HI where can I download the Backupsuite ipk for a Vu Solo2 SE please?

This machine is located in the bush bush... and not connected to internet.. I installed OpenPli 6.2 By USB but could not find the backup suite ipk...

Checked github but failed to find an ipk file...

Thanks in advance

Re: BackupSuite #1007 Persian Prince

• 1,982 posts

+247
Excellent

Posted 5 August 2018 - 05:48

How to add the auto image backup like "full image backup" (choosing by day/week) and not only manually? I'm using vu zero 4k and the officail plugin openpli don't work.

We don't have that option, there are some nice features that https://github.com/D...tic-full-backup has and I hope @Dimitrij help us with those ...

HI where can I download the Backupsuite ipk for a Vu Solo2 SE please?

This machine is located in the bush bush... and not connected to internet.. I installed OpenPli 6.2 By USB but could not find the backup suite ipk...

Checked github but failed to find an ipk file...

Thanks in advance

We don't provide any IPK package as you need to build it from the sources and it's not just one file, it depends on other things too: https://github.com/O...uite.bb#L13~L16

Re: BackupSuite #1008 Niceguy

• 244 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 5 August 2018 - 08:59

We don't provide any IPK package as you need to build it from the sources and it's not just one file, it depends on other things too: https://github.com/O...uite.bb#L13~L16

Well I am not a software designer..and. Pedro in the past always made an IPK pakcage available... please look throughout this thread...

Also the IPK is available in the feed am I correct so it should be fairly easy to make a package available for you... I tried the last one that pedro made and it will not install...

Thanks in advance.

Re: BackupSuite #1009 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,074 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 5 August 2018 - 10:50

Hi,

I check on my system and I find this package from the feed:  enigma2-plugin-extensions-automatic-fullbackup

So in telnet:

opkg update
opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-automatic-fullbackup

Should install the package you are looking at.

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: BackupSuite #1010 Persian Prince

• 1,982 posts

+247
Excellent

Posted 5 August 2018 - 12:08

No that's another plugin, it should be "enigma2-plugin-extensions-backupsuite"

Anyway I attached the latest version for you but without depends it won't work ...

Re: BackupSuite #1011 Niceguy

• 244 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 6 August 2018 - 10:41

@Pr2 this is for a target machine with an adidas network (USB) in the middle of nowhere.... So even with your commands it will not work...

@Persian Prince, Given no internet connection how can I install the depends? Thanks for the IPK!

Re: BackupSuite #1012 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,074 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 6 August 2018 - 11:19

OK but I will anyway give the command for BackupSuite which is in the feed.  :-)

opkg update
opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-backupsuite

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: BackupSuite #1013 Persian Prince

• 1,982 posts

+247
Excellent

Posted 8 August 2018 - 13:17

Now you can create backups on MMC with menu button ;)

I did update "schermen.py" for full hd skins only so PRs are welcome :)

Re: BackupSuite #1014 bazbaileyremote

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 5 October 2018 - 03:52

Am I correct is stating there is an issue with making backups via BackupSuite to ZGemma H9S?  I saw something mentioned in the release notes on Github but could not find any more information on this.  It creates the backup without any issue but does not restore.  Using latest version of OpenPli.

Re: BackupSuite #1015 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 5 October 2018 - 08:44

Yes, I have other reports from the H9 not working well with backup-suite. One precondition seems to be an update of the BSP layer, which we currently are working on.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: BackupSuite #1016 bazbaileyremote

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 5 October 2018 - 16:09

Yes, I have other reports from the H9 not working well with backup-suite. One precondition seems to be an update of the BSP layer, which we currently are working on.

Thanks for the update

Re: BackupSuite #1017 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,394 posts

+394
Excellent

Posted 5 October 2018 - 16:28

I will first test a public image and afterwards a home build develop image with the updated BSP and will report this back to the developers. But I wonder whether the cause of this issue actually is the older BSP in the release.

Mijn schotel is een T90 met 10 LNB's. Daarnaast voor de fun nog een draaibaar systeem met een Triax TD 78.

Dreamboxen heb ik niet meer echt actief. Verder heb ik ook nog een een VU+ duo2 met 500Gb harddisk + een VU+ Uno, Zero, Solo 4K, Ultimo 4K, Zero 4K, Uno 4Kse. + ook nog een Xtrend ET7x00. Daarnaast heb ik ook nog diverse andere modellen w.o. een Formuler F4, ET8500, ET7500, Mut@nt 2400HD, Xsarius Fusion HD se en verder nog wel het e.e.a. waarmee op verzoek vanalles wordt getest. Iemand moet het tenslotte doen. ;) :)
Los van de eerder genoemde modellen heb ik nog wel een rits aan testsamples als Mut@nt 2400HD, HD60, GB UE4K, GB Trio4K, Maxitec Multibox combo en Twin, Octagon sf8008, sf8008 mini en last but nog least enkele modellen van het Grieks Duitse Edision.

Voor centrale opslag van media gebruik ik een Qnap 219P 
met tweemaal 2 Tb harddisks + een Synology DS414 met 12 Tb Totale opslag.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: Just one click away from this "solutioncentre".

Als ik alles al wist hoefde ik ook niets te vragen. If I had all the knowledge I had no questions at all.

Re: BackupSuite #1018 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 6 October 2018 - 08:37

Here too, so don't set your expectations too high. Looks like PP needs to do some work as well.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: BackupSuite #1019 Dimmie

• 2,338 posts

+33
Good

Posted 7 October 2018 - 23:47

Am I correct is stating there is an issue with making backups via BackupSuite to ZGemma H9S?  I saw something mentioned in the release notes on Github but could not find any more information on this.  It creates the backup without any issue but does not restore.  Using latest version of OpenPli.

Can confirm the issue is still there. My last information is that PP is still working on it.

I am not sure if a new BSP will fix this backup problem too ? I think we just have to be patient.

Edited by Dimmie, 7 October 2018 - 23:48.

Re: BackupSuite #1020 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,588 posts

+1,738
Excellent

Posted 8 October 2018 - 09:57

The problem is that the H9 (and a few other boxes originally designed for android) don't use a standard GPT table in flash, but something specific for android which is not native to Linux.

The restore looks for specific partitions in the GPT to restore the backup to, but those can't be found. We're looking into a way to get Android partition table support built in, but that won't be a quick fix (imho).

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users