Photo

Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here!

• Please log in to reply
2124 replies to this topic

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #1821 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 19 February 2020 - 10:05

Possibly, I'm not home, and have only limited tools at my disposal. ;)

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #1822 zeljko2

• 51 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 February 2020 - 11:23

Croatian translations update for Branch: release-7.2 and develop.

Attached Files

• Attached File  hr.zip   80.5KB   1 downloads

Edited by zeljko2, 28 February 2020 - 11:26.

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #1823 jpuigs

• 1,143 posts

+32
Good

Posted 28 February 2020 - 18:19

English is the default language for enigma, isn't it ?

Then, this is not a translation, but a grammar mistake.

Go to Menu => Setup => System => Audio / Video => A/V Settings

The penultimate option is Audio auto volume level.

The description below PIG picture says: This option allows you can to set the auto volume level.

CAN TO SET........  ?????

I supose "can" word should be deleted....

Edited by jpuigs, 28 February 2020 - 18:20.

Enigma is getting old....

Spoiler

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #1824 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 28 February 2020 - 19:32

Yup, that is a typo.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #1825 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 28 February 2020 - 22:45

Croatian translations update for Branch: release-7.2 and develop.

Done in:

https://github.com/O...igma2/pull/2470

Thanks.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #1826 Adga

• 140 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 29 February 2020 - 08:03

New translation of Lithuanian language

2020-02-29

Attached Files

DM900 UHD + Formuler Z8 (IPTV) + 520 HD + DM7080HD + DM8000HD

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #1827 zeljko2

• 51 posts

Neutral

Posted 29 February 2020 - 22:56

In the last POT creation date: 2020-02-28 in hr.po, some expressions although translated into Croatian, are still displayed in English when, for example, I translate hr.po (enigma2.mo) switch an image: ("0" button behaviors in PiP mode, Configure the "Button 0" function when Picture in Picture is active and a few more expressions).

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #1828 nautilus7

• 229 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 1 March 2020 - 09:43

What do you mean by saying "switch an image" ???

Some PiP specific strings have been changed a couple of weeks ago, but I kept or updated the existing translations. See: https://github.com/O...7d9b3214a05992d

Edited by nautilus7, 1 March 2020 - 09:44.

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #1829 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 1 March 2020 - 09:52

The translation are posted into the develop branch not the 7.2 branch.
If you use the develop .po/.mo file on your 7.2 installation you will miss some translations.

So the .po you provide cannot match both the develop and release 7.2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #1830 zeljko2

• 51 posts

Neutral

Posted 1 March 2020 - 09:55

I used a branch for development.

After editing hr.po I also convert to enigma2.mo and with eg Dreambox control center I transfer the file to usr / share / enigma2 / po / en / LC_MESAGES / enigma2.mo. After that I see if there is anything else to change. That's how I've always worked so far and no problem. Now some translated terms are still in English.
I also checked that in the new Lithuanian language the same terms are in English.

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #1831 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 1 March 2020 - 09:58

And as Nautilus highlight in its post the term PIP has been changed into PiP so the develop translation cannot match the current 7.2 release which still use PIP.

Switch image means swapping the PiP image and the main screen image. Usefull when you are waiting for a program to start with the PiP Windows.

Edited by Pr2, 1 March 2020 - 09:58.

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #1832 zeljko2

• 51 posts

Neutral

Posted 1 March 2020 - 10:07

It's not about the words "PIP" and "PiP" but the whole not translated sentences eg: msgid "Behavior of '0' button in PiP mode"
msgid ""Ponašanje gumba '0' u PiP modu"" and a few more sentences. The translation into Croatian is still displayed in English.

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #1833 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 1 March 2020 - 16:54

If a single word is changed in the source sentence then the translation is not displayed at all and the string remains in its native language  (English).

So in the develop branch and the word PIP have been changed into PiP and sometimes picture-in-picture so if you use the translation created from the develop branch into the 7.2 release those string will no longer be displayed because there is a mismatch between the sentence in 7.2 and develop.

So your translation job based on develop branch cannot be fully tested on the 7.2 release version.

So in develop:

https://github.com/O.../po/hr.po#L2080

And in 7.2:

https://github.com/O.../po/hr.po#L2047

As you can see the original sentence has changed so you are testing a .mo file (from develop) that no longer match what is currently on your system -> no translation displayed.

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #1834 zeljko2

• 51 posts

Neutral

Posted 1 March 2020 - 20:27

I told you I was using a development branch where the problem was spotted, not the 7.2 release.
I revisited the develop hr.po I am sending you.
The problem is still there when I test.

Croatian translations update for Branch: develop

Attached Files

• Attached File  hr.zip   80.34KB   0 downloads

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #1835 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 2 March 2020 - 07:29

So you mean that you have build your own image based on develop and have it installed on your STB?

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #1836 zeljko2

• 51 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 March 2020 - 07:41

So you mean that you have build your own image based on develop and have it installed on your STB?

No, you didn't understand. In the image, I return the edited file enigma2.mo (hr.po) to control the successful translation. No self image I do or anything. This morning, after the upgrade, I realized the essence of everything. Sorry for not understanding. Please incorporate the latest hr.po into the development branch as of last night.
greting

Edited by zeljko2, 2 March 2020 - 07:44.

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #1837 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 2 March 2020 - 20:07

New translation of Lithuanian language

2020-02-29

Thanks, PR created:  https://github.com/O...igma2/pull/2474

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #1838 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 2 March 2020 - 20:13

Merged.

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #1839 zeljko2

• 51 posts

Neutral

Posted 4 March 2020 - 13:20

Dear Sirs,
why did you for ignorance ignore my last hr.po update on 02/28/2020. years.
I can even stop updating if that's the goal.
Keep in mind that I am the only one after many years to embark on this venture. Let's be real, that's a lot of work. All my questions are due to inexperience and misunderstanding of how I work, so please tolerate some mistakes.
Thank you.

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #1840 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 4 March 2020 - 14:39

Dear Sirs,
why did you for ignorance ignore my last hr.po update on 02/28/2020. years.
I can even stop updating if that's the goal.
Keep in mind that I am the only one after many years to embark on this venture. Let's be real, that's a lot of work. All my questions are due to inexperience and misunderstanding of how I work, so please tolerate some mistakes.
Thank you.

What has changed in your last hr.po the current one in dev is fully translated into croatian? 

Do you fix some already translated strings?

You were confused because you test your "develop" based translation hr.po on a "release 7.2" installed on your STB so I explain you why some sentences are now missing on your STB because the text of them have changed between the "develop" and the "release 7.2" branch.  Do you now understand this now?

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users