Photo

Bricked Box -Vu Duo - Please help if you can!

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Re: Bricked Box -Vu Duo - Please help if you can! #41 hermantel

• 18 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 6 April 2014 - 19:27

Thank you very much! I had the same problem.with my VU+DUO. Only the red light was burning on front and the hdd was running..

Without your advice I never would have guest that it was only an simple elco C807. I had to remove the circuit board, and removed C807 on the motherboard. Open this link; http://www.satbox4al...ead-28592.html 

You can see which one. . I thought the power supply was broken..Luckely I googled first. You did make me very happy today. 

If you have the same problem.stop trying to switch it on! Or you might blow up the power regulator too.

I googled first,

Greetings, Herman from Hilversum. Netherlands.

Re: Bricked Box -Vu Duo - Please help if you can! #42 jort38

• 651 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 6 April 2014 - 20:48

I would like to change this elco too, but I Cannot do this myself.
The only one responding was Tech, but he is located in Doetichem.

Can you help me and my 2 boxes?

I live in Almere, but I don't mind going to Hilversum if someone can do the change for me.

Vu+ Ultimo 4K (4 TB HD, DVBS FSB, DVBC FBC & OpenPli 9),

Xtrend ET10000 (1 DVBS works via ethernet & OpenPli 9),

Xtrend ET10000 (DVBT2 & OpenPli 9, located in Thailand). Only latest stable releases.

Xtrend ET10000 (works via ethernet & OpenPli 9) and

Xtrend ET8000 (1 TB HD, 1 DVBT2 & works via ethernet & OpenPli 9)

Re: Bricked Box -Vu Duo - Please help if you can! #43 jeff-jordan

• 1 posts

Neutral

Posted 7 June 2014 - 11:39

Hiya,

thank you for this thread guys !

Last night I had the same problem here with my VU+ Duo.

It first "behaved" curious and rebooted in a loop over a time of approximately 15 minutes.

Then I turned the box off and waited several minutes.

After that, the box didn't start up anymore and the only sign of life was the red LED when powering up.

I immediately had the power supply under suspicion, because with now ~4 years of operation, the capacitors should be overdue.

A quick check with the multimeter at the supply voltages showed me that at least all voltages were there (so no diodes or zener-diodes should have been defective)... but instead of rigging up my old Tectronix to check the ripple, I went to bed then.

So this morning I've been looking at several forums, if the problem is already known, and found this thread ;-).

After changing C807 on the STB-board (replaced it with 470uF/16V), I took a closer look at the power supply pcb, where I additionally changed C14, C15 (replaced both with 2200uF/10V/105°) and C17 (took another 470uF/16V/105°).

Now there's nearly no ripple at the +5V Vcc... and, of course, the box works again.

Best,

jeff

Re: Bricked Box -Vu Duo - Please help if you can! #44 catshoop

• 7 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 10 August 2015 - 22:23

Hi all, new info for dead vu+ duo, old one.
C807 for startup, and C801 100uF 16v.

For channel no hi band 12015Mhz in another post.

Catshoop.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users