Photo

Compatibility of *.TS HD recording towards other (external) players.

TS h264 AC3 Enigma2 Oppo

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Re: Compatibility of *.TS HD recording towards other (external) players. #21 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 13 February 2012 - 19:33

Wow i discover something.
Film1 recordings in HD won't play on Oppo BDP93, but HD movies from SKY do play. :blink:

EEh, now what's the difference in Film1 HD, and SKY movies HD ?

The Oppo (2nd generation Marvell Qdeo™ video processing) gives a way better screenquality then the DM8k(broadcom).

Edited by J3r03n5ky, 13 February 2012 - 19:37.

Dreambox Dm8000 with all hardware addons donated to OpenPli. No interests anymore in policy of CanalDigitaal / M7 group and now-a-days channel encryption (like CI+ / HD+).

Good luck Enigma2 / OpenPli, it was fun with Sky Movies and so on, collected a nice collection of movies. Now back to basic boring lineair TV with KPN iTV (VDSL2 pair bonding 219 / 63 Mbps).

The VDSL pair bonding is excellent for... torrents to NAS in higher quality then HDTV (Like Dolby-TrueHD or DTS-Master-Audio soundquality ) :D

Re: Compatibility of *.TS HD recording towards other (external) players. #22 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 13 February 2012 - 20:16

So for me it'd be nice if enigma2 had a plugin so that it can chack the recordings in the background for resolving missing audio or video frames and re-sync.

If that were only the problem...

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Compatibility of *.TS HD recording towards other (external) players. #23 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 13 February 2012 - 20:20

Film1 recordings in HD won't play on Oppo BDP93, but HD movies from SKY do play. :blink:
EEh, now what's the difference in Film1 HD, and SKY movies HD ?

Something the Oppo chokes on apparently... Sorry but I am very cynical about a device that can't even play a normal DVB recording that even every broadcom hardware decoder can demux and decode.

The Oppo (2nd generation Marvell Qdeo™ video processing) gives a way better screenquality then the DM8k(broadcom).

In what aspect? For perfect picture quality, no image processing whatsoever, apart from deinterlacing within the television itself (!) should be performed at all... Of course when you're talking about quality I may assume that you have connected up everything digitally!

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Compatibility of *.TS HD recording towards other (external) players. #24 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:35

Last feedback from Oppo:

Hello Jeroen
The problem you mention is probably the form they are transmitted in. Satellite can normally only handle fixed bitrate signals, where as the actual program stream is variable bitrate. This is fixed with what are called stuffing packets, or null packets. These are packets in the stream with no information in them, they "stuff" or "pad" the signal to make it seem fixed bitrate for satellite transmissions. This makes for large files sizes and potentially hard to play files. VideoReDo can remove stuffing packets, you then end up with a file that is identical to the original, but up to 30-40% smaller.
http://en.wikipedia....am#Null_packets

Due to the nature of satellite transmission it is fairly common for the transport stream to be damaged. Certain very small bits of information can be lost which may render the file unplayable as a recording. The repair on your files shows this sort of thing:

2012-02-13 09:43:10 H.264, Found last Audio: 75393.06 00:01:15.09, Video: 450359962737.04 5795:20:33.03
2012-02-13 09:43:10 Changing graph current end range from: 450359962737.04 (5795:20:33.03), to: 75393.06 (00:01:15.09)

If you can find a program like VideoReDo for your operating system, all files are easily repaired.

It would be awesome if openpli build in a background service for repairing recordings. (like removing null packages of recording).

Dreambox Dm8000 with all hardware addons donated to OpenPli. No interests anymore in policy of CanalDigitaal / M7 group and now-a-days channel encryption (like CI+ / HD+).

Good luck Enigma2 / OpenPli, it was fun with Sky Movies and so on, collected a nice collection of movies. Now back to basic boring lineair TV with KPN iTV (VDSL2 pair bonding 219 / 63 Mbps).

The VDSL pair bonding is excellent for... torrents to NAS in higher quality then HDTV (Like Dolby-TrueHD or DTS-Master-Audio soundquality ) :D

Re: Compatibility of *.TS HD recording towards other (external) players. #25 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:57

It would be awesome if openpli build in a background service for repairing recordings. (like removing null packages of recording).

Do you ever read something I write?

Re: Compatibility of *.TS HD recording towards other (external) players. #26 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 14 February 2012 - 18:30

To be honest, not all. because your replies where so negative. (read them yourself)
[catfight]p.s thanks for the minus, you get one back.[/catfight]

Edited by J3r03n5ky, 14 February 2012 - 18:32.

Re: Compatibility of *.TS HD recording towards other (external) players. #27 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 14 February 2012 - 18:33

Now this is an interesting part of those professionals:

Satellite can normally only handle fixed bitrate signals,

Re: Compatibility of *.TS HD recording towards other (external) players. #28 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 14 February 2012 - 19:56

To be honest, not all. because your replies where so negative. (read them yourself)

So if someone tells you something, and you don't like it, you simply ignore it and wait for someone to tell you what you want to hear? Strange attitude, I don't think it will help you.

In this case, I am simply trying to make you see there are issues with this player and the manufacturer of the player needs to address these issues, instead of expecting other manufacturers to work around their issues?! Enigma, broadcom or the DVB standard have nothing to do with your problems!

This will probably cost me another point, like I care...

Edited by Erik Slagter, 14 February 2012 - 19:57.

Re: Compatibility of *.TS HD recording towards other (external) players. #29 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 14 February 2012 - 20:24

So if someone tells you something, and you don't like it, you simply ignore it and wait for someone to tell you what you want to hear? Strange attitude, I don't think it will help you.

In this case, I am simply trying to make you see there are issues with this player and the manufacturer of the player needs to address these issues, instead of expecting other manufacturers to work around their issues?! Enigma, broadcom or the DVB standard have nothing to do with your problems!

This will probably cost me another point, like I care...

With negative i mean, you've a statement of manufactorer of playing device in topic(read your posts), without experiencing yourself(it's like telling something whithout experiencing device). It's a awesome device(customizable, example: multiregion, and/or more then €400,- nuforce DAC's option to build in), and it does play DVB-HD recordings, but not from Film1 HD.

Oh, who cares the points , I agree with that.
My solution can be: end Film1 HD, continue Sky Movies HD. (no more stupid icon in right top screen) :D

Edited by J3r03n5ky, 14 February 2012 - 20:28.

Re: Compatibility of *.TS HD recording towards other (external) players. #30 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 14 February 2012 - 20:28

With negative i mean, you've a statement of manufactorer of playing device in topic, without experiencing yourself. It's a awesome device(customizable, example: multireguion, and/or more then €400,- nuforce DAC's option to build in), and it does play DVB-HD recordings, but not from Film1 HD.

But what purpose does such a fine device serve, if it can't play the media you want to play?

And then the bs the support department reply, it's utter nonsense! They should really admit the ommitment and promise to solve the issue, simple.

And imho, for perfect quality, a receiver should have no DAC's at all. D/A conversion is something that should be done as close as possible to where the analogue signal is required. Every cm of extra analog path introduces noise. So the DAC's should be in the audio amplifier and in the monitor/tv just before the panel.

Edited by Erik Slagter, 14 February 2012 - 20:29.

Re: Compatibility of *.TS HD recording towards other (external) players. #31 dAF2000

• PLi® Ex-Leden
  • 14,151 posts

+52
Good

Posted 14 February 2012 - 20:28

[modbreak=Modbreak]Okay, now you both could react on eachother. And let stop this discussion now (except for the technical details of course).[/modbreak]
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: http://openpli.org/wiki

Re: Compatibility of *.TS HD recording towards other (external) players. #32 nemdani

• 66 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 14 February 2012 - 21:03

Not true anymore. BBC HD went for variable bitrates in June 2010.
http://hdcampaign.kk...tory/4545230768
ET6x00

Re: Compatibility of *.TS HD recording towards other (external) players. #33 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 14 February 2012 - 21:10

You're not being serious here, I hope?

SatKiekerd quoted this line for the utter nonsense of it. And he is right. BBC nor any other broadcaster use strict fixed bitrates, never. They are probably mixing up with the total capacity of the transponders, which always is a fixed number of bits per seconds and cannot change. But that fact has nothing to do with the subject they were talking about.

Edited by Erik Slagter, 14 February 2012 - 21:10.

Re: Compatibility of *.TS HD recording towards other (external) players. #34 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 14 February 2012 - 22:52

Not true anymore. BBC HD went for variable bitrates in June 2010.
http://hdcampaign.kk...tory/4545230768

So isn't it so, that the variable bitrate is packed in a fixed bitrate with usage of stuffing packets/null packets?
In a way that the peak of the variable bitrate is not higher then the fixed bitrate.

So if we get back on topic, some external players prossibly cannot handle the stuffing packets, or null packets. That will explain why some 1080I HD channels play(SKY movies HD channels), and other 1080I HD channels don't play(Film1HD channel).
Of course this is not a big problem, because playing the recordings of enigma2 is just a extra addon to the external player, that originally is for other sources (here 4 example:Bluray/BD-live/DVD-A/SACD/DVD-V/VCD/CD/usbport).

So again, it'd be cool if their would be a plugin who can remove this null packets so that we know it'll play on any player, or is removing null packets impossible because of preventing sync issues between audio & video.

Edited by J3r03n5ky, 14 February 2012 - 22:56.

Re: Compatibility of *.TS HD recording towards other (external) players. #35 pieterg

• PLi® Core member
  • 32,766 posts

+245
Excellent

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:58

stuffing is done per transponder, not per channel of course (or variable bitrate would not offer any reduction in bandwidth).
So you won't see any stuffing packets.

Re: Compatibility of *.TS HD recording towards other (external) players. #36 nemdani

• 66 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 15 February 2012 - 20:15

There's not much padding going on, usually just a few for safety reasons. The individual streams are all vbr and will use the available bitrate.
See: http://en.wikipedia....cal_multiplexer

Edited by nemdani, 15 February 2012 - 20:19.

ET6x00

Re: Compatibility of *.TS HD recording towards other (external) players. #37 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:18

You either do not understand how it works, or you do not understand Pieter's text.

Re: Compatibility of *.TS HD recording towards other (external) players. #38 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 16 February 2012 - 18:14

You either do not understand how it works, or you do not understand Pieter's text.

Why do you assume that ???

Re: Compatibility of *.TS HD recording towards other (external) players. #39 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 16 February 2012 - 18:41

Because either one can be true but not both...

To be more explicit, nemdami here talks about padding, while pieterg explains one message above that padding/stuffing is done on a transponder basis, not on a channel basis, and that the demultiplexed stream, that ends up on your harddisk, does not contain any of this padding or stuffing. The padding packets are transmitted using a separate transport stream pid, this pid is never selected when demuxing a specific program, so the padding packets never end up in the stream on you harddisk. It would be useless to store them, so why even select them at the demultiplexing stage.

I don't know how to explain this even more clearly.

Edited by Erik Slagter, 17 February 2012 - 10:55.

Re: Compatibility of *.TS HD recording towards other (external) players. #40 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 16 February 2012 - 22:31

I understand.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users