• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Re: Build Enigma2 VPN Plugin For Dreambox #21 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 26 November 2012 - 17:25

OpenVPN needs to be installed on clients. Protocols like IPSec, IKE, PPTP, or L2TP are not supported: http://wiki.blue-pan....2_OpenVPN_(en)
Unfortunately it does not support PPTP protocol.
Open VPN Iranians do not think we will.

Yes that is completely correct. OpenVPN implements... OpenVPN ;)

Openvpn is much easier to configure, I've had lots less troubles with it then using IPsec (ike is a part of ipsec).

The question is (indeed) what do you need on "the other" side. I know there are ip-proxy services that accept openvpn connections. I think that's your best shot at the moment.

IPsec, on the other hand, needs support in the linux kernel (not there in the OpenPLi kernel), is a HELL to configure using linux and if you need to use IKE (which is very probably), I am very sure will quit long before you have it running.

L2TP depends on ipsec (in practise), PPTP could be doable, again if kernel support would be there in our kernel.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Build Enigma2 VPN Plugin For Dreambox #22 Eminem

• 27 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 26 November 2012 - 17:48

@Erik Slagter

IPsec security protocol, which basically is a way to transfer data between computers in a network are guaranteed.
Some other Internet security systems that are widely used, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL), transport layer security (TLS) and Secure Shell (SSH) model in the upper layers of the TCP / IP work. If adequate IPsec traffic over any IP-based network supports. Non-IP traffic on the network, if any, should be used protocols such as GRE with IPSec.

IPsec protocol for transmission can be used as network host to host tunneling method.
To do this we use the tunnel mode network.
In this mode, the entire IP packet encryption and / or authentication is. Then in the other packages are packed and a new header. This fashion to create a virtual private network for communications network, the communications network and host to host to host communication is used. In this mode, supports NAT traversal.

You can give a set of instructions for the Windows operating system to teach under what circumstances the use of IPSec. Under these circumstances, do you actually specify which group of IP traffic IPSec should be done by not What. IPSec allows you to define what data and how it should be encrypted. For this purpose, usually "IP filtering method is used. Specific IP filter list that you created, you can reference to use the IPSec protocol for Windows.
Now you can get the IP/SEC used the Enigma2?

Re: Build Enigma2 VPN Plugin For Dreambox #23 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 26 November 2012 - 18:03

I don't think it will help if you give me lecture on ipsec, if you do not even read what I wrote before.

I DO have experience with ipsec on linux and yes it IS difficult to get it working. It's not the ipsec concept, but implementation on linux that makes it complex.

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Build Enigma2 VPN Plugin For Dreambox #24 Eminem

• 27 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 26 November 2012 - 19:54

With these qualities, it is possible to set up PPTP on Enigma 2?
We need to have a graphical environment.
Unfortunately they do not work with Linux Iranian users large.
Also, if your experience with the Linux ipsec and say, I'm grateful.

Re: Build Enigma2 VPN Plugin For Dreambox #25 Persian Prince

• 1,982 posts

+247
Excellent

Posted 26 November 2012 - 20:53

we can't use OpenVPN in Iran , don't waste your time for it because the government banned it a long time ago

only PPTP/LT2P and SOCKS (v4/v5/https) is possible for now

create a python plugin for it , i can manage the rest in Persian Empire images (like kernel configs , needed packages , ...)

in Iran people using VPN for bypass filter not for real Virtual Private Network

when you connect to a VPN you'll have a new IP so a new IP in a free country means internet freedom

Open Vision sources: https://github.com/OpenVisionE2

Re: Build Enigma2 VPN Plugin For Dreambox #26 zavy

• 1 posts

Neutral

Posted 26 November 2012 - 22:18

We desperately need to plugin VPN on Enigma 2

Re: Build Enigma2 VPN Plugin For Dreambox #27 Sjaaky

• 7,443 posts

+41
Good

Posted 26 November 2012 - 23:22

Guys, your point came across loud and clear. But we just don't have an easy answer.

Re: Build Enigma2 VPN Plugin For Dreambox #28 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:58

we can't use OpenVPN in Iran , don't waste your time for it because the government banned it a long time ago

Banned like in if they search your house and they find OpenVPN on your harddisk, you will be punished??? Because I can't find any other means the gouvornment is going to find out that you are using OpenVPN. Is it also illegal to send large quantities of random data? Because OpenVPN's data looks like that...

Yeah I bet, they can intercept that, so what good is it going to bring?

You might also try the good old trick of setting up a ssh connection and run ppp over it. Or tunnel ip over icmp (ping) or even dns.

Re: Build Enigma2 VPN Plugin For Dreambox #29 Eminem

• 27 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:49

All Iranians to use the internet, the use of VPN.
If we do not use the VPN, 80% of sites are blocked for us, and we can not use the Internet.
Using VPN in Iran appear to be illegal, but everyone can use a VPN.
There is nothing in Iran the statute. :D

Re: Build Enigma2 VPN Plugin For Dreambox #30 esigz

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:36

Re: Build Enigma2 VPN Plugin For Dreambox #31 esigz

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:37

Re: Build Enigma2 VPN Plugin For Dreambox #32 Sjaaky

• 7,443 posts

+41
Good

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:39

hi
IRAN

hi, We desperately need to plugin VPN on Enigma 2

Good luck with your cause. I will not help you.

Edited by Sjaaky, 27 November 2012 - 12:40.

Re: Build Enigma2 VPN Plugin For Dreambox #33 mostafa_rsx

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 27 November 2012 - 13:09

Re: Build Enigma2 VPN Plugin For Dreambox #34 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,473 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 27 November 2012 - 13:14

do NOT spam this forum or you will be banned!

on the Glassfibre 1GB DVB-C...

Re: Build Enigma2 VPN Plugin For Dreambox #35 Eminem

• 27 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 27 November 2012 - 13:30

I do not think it is spam.
This demonstrates the high demand for building plugin is VPN.
I think you can create a poll, make it easier for applicants to express their opinion in this case.

Re: Build Enigma2 VPN Plugin For Dreambox #36 Sjaaky

• 7,443 posts

+41
Good

Posted 27 November 2012 - 14:02

Creating new users over and over again to post the same message is considered spam by us. It is considered rude and, given that you want us to do something, not particularly smart.

Re: Build Enigma2 VPN Plugin For Dreambox #37 Eminem

• 27 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 27 November 2012 - 14:28

Creating new users over and over again to post the same message is considered spam by us. It is considered rude and, given that you want us to do something, not particularly smart.

This is not the way you think.
I did this on my site for everyone to Persian, they tell about it to be given effect.
Good Luck

Re: Build Enigma2 VPN Plugin For Dreambox #38 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 27 November 2012 - 14:55

Well, over here it won't work, please take that from me. What will work is colaboration, doing part of the work yourself, to show how eager you want it ;)

Re: Build Enigma2 VPN Plugin For Dreambox #39 Persian Prince

• 1,982 posts

+247
Excellent

Posted 28 November 2012 - 13:07

Banned like in if they search your house and they find OpenVPN on your harddisk, you will be punished??? Because I can't find any other means the gouvornment is going to find out that you are using OpenVPN. Is it also illegal to send large quantities of random data? Because OpenVPN's data looks like that...

Yeah I bet, they can intercept that, so what good is it going to bring?

You might also try the good old trick of setting up a ssh connection and run ppp over it. Or tunnel ip over icmp (ping) or even dns.

you don't know our government , trust me they can do anything about internet

as i said we can't use OpenVPN and i don't know why or how exactly

PPTP is good for now and i can manage for tun module and the rest

just we need a python plugin for it because command line solution is not a good idea for all users

Open Vision sources: https://github.com/OpenVisionE2

Re: Build Enigma2 VPN Plugin For Dreambox #40 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,473 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 28 November 2012 - 13:35

Or start it via à PPanel

on the Glassfibre 1GB DVB-C...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users