Timeshifting problems with OpenPLi 3.0

• Please log in to reply
747 replies to this topic

Re: Timeshifting problems with OpenPLi 3.0 #701 mickeyreg

• 13 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:03

Any help resolving this would be greatly appreciated.

Try to install and activate plugin ExtendedNumberZap from here: http://openpli.org/f...ded-number-zap/

Re: Timeshifting problems with OpenPLi 3.0 #702 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 12 July 2013 - 13:56

Push. Is Pli team interested in this patch?

I didn't check, whether applying patch still works. If you are interested I can check it again.

Here's a new patch which generates .cuts files when timeshift files are stored.

Or here link to the patch: http://openpli.org/f...ndpost&p=354182

Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

Re: Timeshifting problems with OpenPLi 3.0 #703 Gasel

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:55

Push. Is Pli team interested in this patch?

I didn't check, whether applying

patch still works. If you are interested I can check it again.

Here's a new patch which generates .cuts files when timeshift files are stored.

Hi everybody,

This is my first post on your forum. Be forgiving because English is not my native language...

I read all this thread because i'm very interested in timeshifting. I owned (like littlesat ?) an old TopField TF-4000 with a very good and intuitive timeshifting. It was possible to insert "marks" to easily rewind in the buffer.

@ betacenauri :: Is it the purpose of this patch ? If yes, I'm interested to test.

An other nice feature would be to save the buffer and the penultimate buffer (giving them a fixed name) before deleting them.

So, we will have a chance to save it in case of mishandling (this may happen, isn't it ?).

NB : I do not use anymore PTS plugin, but only the builtin timeshit with autostart enabled. I only regret the search bar at the top of the screen.

Edited by Gasel, 13 August 2013 - 07:56.

Re: Timeshifting problems with OpenPLi 3.0 #704 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 13 August 2013 - 17:45

@ betacenauri :: Is it the purpose of this patch ? If yes, I'm interested to test.

An other nice feature would be to save the buffer and the penultimate buffer (giving them a fixed name) before deleting them.
So, we will have a chance to save it in case of mishandling (this may happen, isn't it ?).

Hi Gasel,

I had also a topfield. And I liked the timeshift there.
To your question: Not exactly. But it's a first step towards this. After a normal recording has finished you can see normally 2 marks in the timeline. One at the beginning and one at the end of the program (it's set according to now/next informations). With this patch I create automatically marks when you store the timeshift buffer. So when you watch the timeshift recording you have marks for beginning and end of each included program(only if now/next informations are available) like in a normal recording.

I have also made a patch to jump from one mark to another while timeshift is running. But it's currently not so nice, because you don't see a timeline. But perhaps this can also be changed...

@Pieterg: Well a last try. Did you look at the patch? Is there something you don't like? (perhaps the pts calculation, but I don't see a better solution to get relative pts values).

To your other question. You can activate a messagebox in the settings which asks you whether you want to change the channel and loose timeshift buffer or not. So it's not sooo easy to loose the buffer. The messagebox is currently only shown when you once have used timeshift. This is for me sufficient.

Edited by betacentauri, 13 August 2013 - 17:46.

Re: Timeshifting problems with OpenPLi 3.0 #705 Gasel

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:53

Hi betacentauri, and thank you very much for your help.

To your question: Not exactly. But it's a first step towards this.

So we could try together ;-).

I have also made a patch to jump from one mark to another while timeshift is running. But it's currently not so nice, because you don't see a timeline. But perhaps this can also be changed...

Exact. I was just wondering why we do not see a timeline when using timeshifting. Is it possible to add a timeline on the top of the screen (as PTS does...) ?

To your other question. You can activate a messagebox in the settings which asks you whether you want to change the channel and loose timeshift buffer or not. So it's not sooo easy to loose the buffer. The messagebox is currently only shown when you once have used timeshift. This is for me sufficient.

Yes, of course I've set this setting on, but however, I still think that a automatic backup of the buffer and of the previous buffer would be great.

The problem is just here, as you said "The messagebox is currently only shown when you ONCE have used timeshift.". For example, your daughter jumps on the sofa and sits on the remote (life example...).

I previously use "AltShift", made by the famous gutemine, but it does not work anymore with OpenPli. It recorded all, without worrying events, and erased automatically after some time.

Unfortunately, the new PTS, AFAIK, uses events when you use the beta setting "Enable Permanent Recording". So you can have your TV show cutted in two parts, because of the poor reliability of the EPG (at least in France).

If possible, could you tell me what to change to make a copy of the buffer just before the zap ?

Re: Timeshifting problems with OpenPLi 3.0 #706 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,260 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:35

Well a last try. Did you look at the patch?

I'm scared it get "undersnowed" under the rest of that topic...

I suggest it is nice to have .cut files for timeshifts....

As far I can see there is nothing wrong with that patch.

The only thing what I do not see in a quickview is what happened with m_event_now????

Edited by littlesat, 14 August 2013 - 09:41.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Timeshifting problems with OpenPLi 3.0 #707 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,260 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:20

The specific patch gave me some whitespace warnings.... could you please check for white spaces and apply a new patch... I know they do not harm... but we prefer to get everything as clean as possible...

$ git am ../0001-Generate-automatically-marks-while-timeshifting.-Mar.patch.txt
 -s
Applying: Generate automatically marks while timeshifting. Marks are stored in .
cuts file when timeshift is stored.
c:/Users/OpenPLi/Desktop/enigma2/.git/rebase-apply/patch:99: new blank line at E
OF.
+
warning: 1 line adds whitespace errors.

Edited by littlesat, 14 August 2013 - 12:23.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Timeshifting problems with OpenPLi 3.0 #708 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:41

Hi littlesat,

I take a look at the patch and check whether it can applied without problems.
m_event_now? Ahm, it's too long ago. I need to look at the patch to answer you (I'm at work)

Re: Timeshifting problems with OpenPLi 3.0 #709 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 14 August 2013 - 18:20

Hi littlesat,

attached is the new patch without whitespace errors. I have tested it and cut file is created.

To m_event_now:

m_ prefix stands normally for member variable. But the 2 variables m_event_now and m_event_next are no member variables. They are normal local variables in the procedure. So I renamed them to event_now and event_next.

Attached Files

Re: Timeshifting problems with OpenPLi 3.0 #710 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 14 August 2013 - 18:43

So we could try together ;-).

Do you have programming experiences? We'll have to change InfoBarGenerics.py and perhaps InfoBar.py to get something you would like to see.

Exact. I was just wondering why we do not see a timeline when using timeshifting. Is it possible to add a timeline on the top of the screen (as PTS does...) ?

That should be possible, but I haven't tested it yet. And there's not so much to invent. The timeline is already there (the one used while watching a recording). Littlesat can most likely say more, whether there are problems using it.

Yes, of course I've set this setting on, but however, I still think that a automatic backup of the buffer and of the previous buffer would be great.
The problem is just here, as you said "The messagebox is currently only shown when you ONCE have used timeshift.". For example, your daughter jumps on the sofa and sits on the remote (life example...).

It's possible, but then you need to handle 2 timeshift files, which makes the code more complex. If you look at the InfoBarGenerics.py you can see that it already has 3000 lines code. Perhaps we can transfer parts to a timeshift helper class...
@Littlesat: What do you think?

I previously use "AltShift", made by the famous gutemine, but it does not work anymore with OpenPli. It recorded all, without worrying events, and erased automatically after some time.
Unfortunately, the new PTS, AFAIK, uses events when you use the beta setting "Enable Permanent Recording". So you can have your TV show cutted in two parts, because of the poor reliability of the EPG (at least in France).
If possible, could you tell me what to change to make a copy of the buffer just before the zap ?

The easiest way would be if you create a hardlink to the timeshift file. This is what PTS Plugin does.
You can call in python the function getTimeshiftFilename() to get the timeshift filename. Then create a hard link to that filename. Then you need to delete old hard links after every channel switching.

Re: Timeshifting problems with OpenPLi 3.0 #711 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,260 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 14 August 2013 - 19:52

Please hold on..

Timeshift does not have the higest priority here. I do not see any advantage at all, but that is personally.

What pts plugin does is using separate cpp code that is not included in e2 and it patches inf fact around in python code. This is somehow hacky...

I thing we have most features now...

Running two same recordinfs at the same time is a crasy, especially because you also can start an instant recording instead. Then i would better like to find something to change a timeshift recording somehow into an instant recording...

But having cuts in timeshift recordings is really nice to have.

Edited by littlesat, 14 August 2013 - 20:00.

Re: Timeshifting problems with OpenPLi 3.0 #712 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 14 August 2013 - 20:20

But having cuts in timeshift recordings is really nice to have.

Then please take a look at my new patch (2 posts above).

Re: Timeshifting problems with OpenPLi 3.0 #713 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,260 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 14 August 2013 - 20:24

I will take a look.... But i do not have access to my build pc and box now to test it.... So it will be done tomorrow...

Re: Timeshifting problems with OpenPLi 3.0 #714 Gasel

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:56

Hi betacentauri,

Have done ten years of object-oriented programming but I stopped long, and I don't know Python, but why not (for simple things...)

In short, a perfect timeshifing for me would be as follow :

• a timeline with ability of putting marks and skip during the timeshift (as TopField does). But just activating a timeline would already be great.
  • before zap, save the buffer to a fixed name (does not seem very complex, is it ?)
    At the next zap, erase the saved buffer, and save the current buffer to the same fixed name, and so on (I drop the idea of ​​the penultimate buffer)

I'll take a look at the python sources.

Re: Timeshifting problems with OpenPLi 3.0 #715 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 15 August 2013 - 17:26

Learning python is not soo difficult, if you have already programming skills. But you need a good editor which show the indentation (e.g. you can configure geany quite good).
To show a timeline you have to adapt the python code. For the marks python and perhaps the c++ code.
Implementing the buffer saving shouldn't be too difficult. Look in the InfoBarGenerics.py. There you find a part for the timeshifting. And after the timeshift start you can get the filename and set a hard link on it and so on...

Re: Timeshifting problems with OpenPLi 3.0 #716 josjansen

• 342 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 4 September 2013 - 09:17

I have a VUDUO.

I have a problem with the built in timeshift.

When I rewind a live program and press the pause button and then the play button the timeshift continues with the live program.

Should the program actually not start to the point of rewinds?

sorry for my poor english  :unsure:

Edited by josjansen, 4 September 2013 - 09:18.

ET8000  

Oscam

Openpli 6.2

Re: Timeshifting problems with OpenPLi 3.0 #717 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 4 September 2013 - 18:26

Yes, it should. How many seconds were you behind live point when pressing play button?

Does it also occur when you rewind e.g. 1 minute or more?

Re: Timeshifting problems with OpenPLi 3.0 #718 josjansen

• 342 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 5 September 2013 - 07:13

I just got a new flash (Openpli 4.0) and the problem is solved.

Perhaps the Openpli 3.0 was the problem.

Thank you betacentauri.

ET8000  

Oscam

Openpli 6.2

Re: Timeshifting problems with OpenPLi 3.0 #719 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,073 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 5 September 2013 - 11:37

Hi,

I second totally this query to have a real timeline when timeshift is active.

About the possible mistake when being in timeshift mentionned by Gasel, you can define a parameter in your configuration to pop-up a menu when stopping the timeshift that will ask you what to do... this remove most "human error" when playing with the timeshift. :-)

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Timeshifting problems with OpenPLi 3.0 #720 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 5 September 2013 - 18:34

Hi Pr2,

the pop up is not shown in all cases. When you zap to a channel and don't pause or rewind and then zap again the dialog isn't shown.
(this is what I like. Some see it in a different way)

Timeline: I take a look at it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users