Photo

unpack openpli image on linux

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
67 replies to this topic

Re: unpack openpli image on linux #41 MostlyHarmless

• 32 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 December 2012 - 20:59

I agree that everybody has the right to be treated with respect.

I only startet repeating the argument because it is definitely NOT rocket science to solve a 3 piece puzzle.

Instead of executing this very simple task they started blaming gutemine without having any real proof.

Re: unpack openpli image on linux #42 hemispherical1

• 1,596 posts

+49
Good

Posted 21 December 2012 - 22:53

I had no dog in this fight, I only stopped by this thread because what was being attempted sounded rather straightforward, bordering on simple. I only attempted to actually reassemble an image after it was stated that it wouldn't work, although it "should". Personally I have no need to reassemble dumped images, and if I did, I'd be happy enough to have it working on the DB.

I also never stated gutemine's nfidump for the PC was broken, just that it seemed strange that the other 2 parts of the equation are known to work fine, building images from scratch. It's actually quite illogical that nfidump could have even been the culprit.

After consideration, the one thing that I was obviously doing different building images on PC & DB... On the DB I'm root, but I never used root to build images on my PC (I don't use root on my PC to do anything not requiring root privledges). For the hell of it I repeated the procedure on my PC as root and viola, the resulting image boots & runs. Again, I find it illogical that a user can build a working image from scratch, but root is required to reassemble a dumped image. I might've even explored that further if the problem had anything to do with me, but as stated earlier, it's not my problem... ;)

--
hemi

Edited by hemispherical1, 21 December 2012 - 23:08.

Re: unpack openpli image on linux #43 MostlyHarmless

• 32 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 December 2012 - 23:10

I don't have a problem either - and as you used the suggested/proper/clever procedure to simply ask yourself what is different in these 2 setups (also a red X principle btw) and started changing these things as suggested you were clever enough to find out what is done wrong.

There are 2 more flaws in the current approach, but they will become vsible over time and give some more capability testing.

If some of the participants in this thread get their self-confidence by ripping other people's work (inlcuding PLi's and gutemine's) and if they then try to blame their own failure and limitations on others it could be that they simply get tested in public and people might enjoy watching their failures.

So I hope we added some entertainment and educational value on problem solving to this thread :-)

Edited by MostlyHarmless, 21 December 2012 - 23:11.

Re: unpack openpli image on linux #44 theparasol

• 4,157 posts

+198
Excellent

Posted 21 December 2012 - 23:46

Ok I admit: Had a few good laughs due to Happysat excellent jokes :)

@Camping: ZGemma H.2S, Technisat Multytenne 4-in-1 @Home: Edision Mini 4K, Wave Frontier T55, EMP Centauri EMP DiSEqC 8/1 switch, 4x Inverto Ultra Black single LNB

Re: unpack openpli image on linux #45 hemispherical1

• 1,596 posts

+49
Good

Posted 22 December 2012 - 00:49

I didn't follow your "suggested/proper/clever procedure" RedX suggestions for the simple reason that your condescending attitude throughout this thread assured I'd rather have a bricked DB in the closet, useless for anything, rather than possibly provide you with any form of satisfaction.

Some of us are actually able to use what we refer to as... "common sense". Please don't attempt to take the solution as something you actually contributed to. From what I read, you'd still have folks mixing & matching binaries & architectures, rather than solving the problem. I missed the part where you suggested using the root account... But then again, I'm an ass, as stated earlier...

--
hemi

Edited by hemispherical1, 22 December 2012 - 00:52.

Re: unpack openpli image on linux #46 Happysat

• 697 posts

+43
Good

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:09

Mmh i put a frame about "started blaming gutemine without having any real proof."

None of these involved members participating in this thread did blame you for any possible screw arrounds in nfidump or any other tools from you as far as i can read.

Words are used like "should work" "Box doesn't complete booted" and i said "strange".

If "ripping other people's work (inlcuding PLi's and gutemine's) and bla" was not meant for me please ignore.

Yes Fairbird mentions - "from your nfidump binary file" i did attach nfidump like many people attach files on this board, never said i did create nfidump or modify...

Neither i rip PLi's work, im guilty off downloading a daily build + failed attempt trying to repack it just to see if it works like Hemi above nothing more into it...

Octagon SF8008 / TBS5530  DVB-S2/T2 T-85/1.50Mtr/3x90cm (53e 52e 51,5e 28e 25,9e 23e 19e 13e 9e 4e 1w 5w 14w)

Re: unpack openpli image on linux #47 fairbird

• 413 posts

+20
Neutral

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:12

Yes..
Happysat (I wish everyone to be happy) he is right, he never said here or any where he buid, create or modifiy binary's files..
Perhaps my expression was wrong, Should be write "The files what you attach it" :rolleyes:

DM500s
DM800

DM800se

DM920UHD

Re: unpack openpli image on linux #48 hemispherical1

• 1,596 posts

+49
Good

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:06

Has anyone verified my findings, reassembling the image, on a PC, as root works? I still don't know why I'm even here, I have no need to reassemble a dumped image... ;)

--
hemi

Re: unpack openpli image on linux #49 MostlyHarmless

• 32 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:58

Look, now you are blaming me of missleading and trying to brick your box, and then you are fishing for compliments for a bad solution ?

And on the first page of this thread you still find the package which includes a sim201 directory with bootloaders for clones - so I'm deeply sorry for totally misunderstanding the purpose of this thread!

And I already said that there are flaws in your 'solution', because one of the problem of common sense it that is often doesn't include undestanding what you are actually doing.

Only for example - if you would understand the binaries that you are using, then you would know what the -q flag of mkfs.jfss2 does.

Which would bring us back to the argument of talking to the parts, but as you are not willing to follow this advice I will not repeat it anymore.

Have a nice Holiday Season
MostlyHarmless

Edited by MostlyHarmless, 22 December 2012 - 11:01.

Re: unpack openpli image on linux #50 Happysat

• 697 posts

+43
Good

Posted 22 December 2012 - 15:25

Definition:

Blaming - Blaming is the practice of identifying a person or people responsible for creating a problem, rather than identifying ways of dealing with the problem.

Since most people don't like to think that their gut feelings may be unreliable or that they themselves may be suffering from a mental disorder, it is not uncommon for people who experience dramatic mood swings to try to pin the blame elsewhere.

This can lead to false accusations, "always" and "never" statements, circular discussions, projection, raging, shaming and splitting.

Blaming is also a way of devaluing others.
The end result is that the blamer feels superior.
Others are seen as less worthwhile making the blamer "perfect".
Off-loading blame means putting the other person down by emphasizing his or her flaws.

Sometimes you may face false accusations or dissociation and be blamed for something which isn't real or which never happened or which doesn't exist.
It's also fairly common to find yourself getting the blame for something that a person with a personality disorder actually did or said themselves.
This is known as projection.

Learning to Cope with Blaming:

Some mental health professionals promote a technique of validation whenever a non-personality-disordered individual (Non-PD) is confronted with an episode of blaming.
Validation, when used skillfully, can sometimes help a person who is feeling very badly about themselves reverse course and begin to feel good about themselves.

If a person is intentionally hurting you as a means of making themselves feel better, it is rarely productive to try to absorb the verbal abuse yourself.
You are not helping a person with a personality disorder to get better when you allow them to hurt you without taking responsibility for what they are doing.
That is an unhealthy form of enabling which exchanges long term security for a short term relief.

Blaming gives personality disordered individuals a mechanism to let off steam but does little to resolve any real problems.
The root problem is often the internal negative feelings of the personality disordered individual themselves.
Furthermore, if the non-personality-disordered person reacts defensively or destructively to the blaming, they may inadvertently turn a blaming episode into a full-blown verbal conflict.
Blaming can thus become a self-fulfilling prophecy, leading to chronic verbal conflict in relationships.

The real problem is that the personality-disordered individual feels bad within themselves.
They want to feel better.
A discussion or argument about your list of faults is not going to solve it.

What NOT to do:

Don't become defensive and validate a false accusation or projection by arguing about it.

Don't respond by arguing about what the facts are. Blaming is about a person's feelings, not the facts.

Don't argue in front of children.

Don't assume that there is a logical reason for why you are being blamed.

Don't assume that the person really believes what they are saying or always feels that way.

Don't try to fix a person who has a personality disorder yourself. You can't change them by changing yourself.

Don't assume that because their blame is inaccurate, that they are being deliberately manipulative or calculating.

They may be so focused on their feelings that they are giving very little attention to their behavior.

What TO do:
Remember that an episode of blaming isn't about you. It's really all about the way the other person feels.

Listen to the feelings rather than the facts being expressed. While the facts may be way-off, the underlying feelings between the lines are often real: "I feel scared", "I feel worthless", "I feel weak" etc.

You can model these "I" statements in your responses if you like, e.g."I feel scared when you say that".

Remember that what the person is feeling is temporary.

They will probably feel different in a few days or a few hours.

You can try to redirect the person with the personality disorder to the real issue, so long as you are able to do so without feeling threatened or hurt yourself.

Politely, briefly and calmly state the truth ONE TIME ONLY.

End the conversation by taking a time-out even if the other person doesn't want to.

I will not repeat it anymore.

I feel scared when you say that, and we need a time out.

Octagon SF8008 / TBS5530  DVB-S2/T2 T-85/1.50Mtr/3x90cm (53e 52e 51,5e 28e 25,9e 23e 19e 13e 9e 4e 1w 5w 14w)

Re: unpack openpli image on linux #51 theparasol

• 4,157 posts

+198
Excellent

Posted 22 December 2012 - 16:05

A nice mental challenge game but as it has very little to do with openpli and sat in common it would be better to put a sock into it.

Lets be grateful that the world hasnt ended 12-12-12 and we can still enjoy some more years of openpli and satellite television ;)

@Camping: ZGemma H.2S, Technisat Multytenne 4-in-1 @Home: Edision Mini 4K, Wave Frontier T55, EMP Centauri EMP DiSEqC 8/1 switch, 4x Inverto Ultra Black single LNB

Re: unpack openpli image on linux #52 Meega

• 3,000 posts

+51
Good

Posted 22 December 2012 - 16:20

Lets be grateful that the world hasnt ended 12-12-12 and we can still enjoy some more years of openpli and satellite television ;)

Yeah and also on 21-12-12 it didn't end ,wush pfff :)

ET10000+ Openpli 6.1,1m schotel 4x duo-lnb op vaste opstelling.

Momolights teensy 2.0 met 50 leds op een string ,150 channels
DM8000 Openpli 6.1 Release

Re: unpack openpli image on linux #53 Happysat

• 697 posts

+43
Good

Posted 22 December 2012 - 16:38

LOL

Re: unpack openpli image on linux #54 metoo

• 1,573 posts

+33
Good

Posted 22 December 2012 - 17:02

Yeah and also on 21-12-12 it didn't end ,wush pfff :)

Yes and wat should i do now?
a dont have made any appointment after 21-12, i have spend all my mony last months, not a penny left.............
can i sue the Maya?
goto sleep till next month

Edited by metoo, 22 December 2012 - 17:04.

ET10000 C C C C/T  2TB HDD ET7000 + ET6000 dvb-S  OpenPli Triax 88 multifeed quad LNBs VU Uno4K SE C+2TB HDD Mutant HD60

Re: unpack openpli image on linux #55 hemispherical1

• 1,596 posts

+49
Good

Posted 22 December 2012 - 17:13

Look, now you are blaming me of missleading and trying to brick your box,...

Nobody blamed you for anything. I said that "I'd rather have a bricked DB in the closet, useless for anything, rather than possibly provide you with any form of satisfaction.". Let me try to say it another way that you might be able understand...

Hypothetically, if I had the choice of a broken DB, or listening to your condescending attitude to fix it, I would strongly prefer throwing my DB in the trash. No my DB is not broken, nor in the trash, it never was in the trash and I don't believe you tried to damage anything.

--
hemi

Re: unpack openpli image on linux #56 fairbird

• 413 posts

+20
Neutral

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:16

Thank you hemispherical1
You are intelligent, i have tried what you said pack and repack under root on Ubuntu 10.04 and new image work well :D
Thank you again

DM500s
DM800

DM800se

DM920UHD

Re: unpack openpli image on linux #57 jeffphil

• 116 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:44

The truly wise are able to teach in plain language those that only think they are wise have to resort to riddles as they don't know the subject well enough to explain it to anyone
Until The Wheels are off the ground there is still hope

DM500,DM600,DM800HD,VU+ Duo

Re: unpack openpli image on linux #58 MostlyHarmless

• 32 posts

Neutral

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:48

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.

William S.

Re: unpack openpli image on linux #59 Meega

• 3,000 posts

+51
Good

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:04

@all in this topic.

Come on ????????

Help each other instead of pointing vingers.
I think this all is a based on a misunderstanding.

ET10000+ Openpli 6.1,1m schotel 4x duo-lnb op vaste opstelling.

Momolights teensy 2.0 met 50 leds op een string ,150 channels
DM8000 Openpli 6.1 Release

Re: unpack openpli image on linux #60 MostlyHarmless

• 32 posts

Neutral

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:25

They don't take my advice and prefere to unpack as root where they have a good chance to brick their Linux when unpacking in the wrong directory.

Hence the story about the fools ... because they decided to learn it the hard way.

Edited by MostlyHarmless, 23 December 2012 - 11:28.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users