Glass HD skin compatible ?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Re: Glass HD skin compatible ? #21 alsat1

• 221 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:11

I have a problem with this skin on pli3.0 dm800se.Skin version is 7.71,installed and running without problem,but I cannot download any picons sat,provid etc from the hdglass16 skin setup,also I cannot check for new version,its always showing message about ftp error and tell me to check firewall and internet connection,but I have no firewall and internet connection is ok on dm800se.

Also picons dir is ok set to media/usb and hdd to dev/sda1.

What could be the reason?

Re: Glass HD skin compatible ? #22 djnata

• 47 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 August 2013 - 06:58

i have the same problem too :\

Edited by djnata, 2 August 2013 - 06:59.

Re: Glass HD skin compatible ? #23 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,408 posts

+692
Excellent

Posted 2 August 2013 - 07:53

The error you describes suggests thst the download feed from the glass skin is unreachable. Please ask what's going on there at the creator of the glass skin. Hopefully for you this is a temperaly situation.

Edited by littlesat, 2 August 2013 - 07:55.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Glass HD skin compatible ? #24 asdas11

• 55 posts

Neutral

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:36

remember the Glass skins can brake your OpenPli software at it overwrites some system files!

OOO...maybe OpenPli 3.0 is weak image???

Re: Glass HD skin compatible ? #25 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,626 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:47

remember the Glass skins can brake your OpenPli software at it overwrites some system files!

Here is easy help ... do not use OpenPli, when it is weak image ;)

Kdo nic nedělá, nic nezkazí!

Re: Glass HD skin compatible ? #26 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,772 posts

+1,742
Excellent

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:27

A rediculous remark. With every application, on every platform or OS, if you overwrite existing system files that are not compatible, you are in trouble.

Don't blame the platform, blame the person that created the package that caused this to happen. Als if that person didn't state it was made for OpenPLi, blame yourself for installing it.

Too many people still think that whatever works on a standard DMM image will work on an OpenPLi image. This is NOT the case, OpenPLi is not a DMM clone like many other images!

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Glass HD skin compatible ? #27 asdas11

• 55 posts

Neutral

Posted 16 August 2013 - 19:19

A rediculous remark. With every application, on every platform or OS, if you overwrite existing system files that are not compatible, you are in trouble.

Don't blame the platform, blame the person that created the package that caused this to happen. Als if that person didn't state it was made for OpenPLi, blame yourself for installing it.

Too many people still think that whatever works on a standard DMM image will work on an OpenPLi image. This is NOT the case, OpenPLi is not a DMM clone like many other images!

Hi,

I have orginal DM800 hd se OpenPli 2 weeks...but still i have a little problems...

Re: Glass HD skin compatible ? #28 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,626 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 16 August 2013 - 19:40

once again... "OpenPLi is not a DMM's clone like many other images!"

Edited by ims, 16 August 2013 - 19:43.

Re: Glass HD skin compatible ? #29 asdas11

• 55 posts

Neutral

Posted 16 August 2013 - 20:25

once again... "OpenPLi is not a DMM's clone like many other images!"

It's ok, i understand - i returned in OpenPli

But now PPanel - before when i first time install OpenPli is worked, but now i must to find other panel (e-panel)...

Re: Glass HD skin compatible ? #30 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,626 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 16 August 2013 - 20:35

what does not work in PPanel ? For me it works well.

But If you have installed Glass skin ( it is not skin only, it rewriting some enigma's .py file), it can be possible. 

Re: Glass HD skin compatible ? #31 asdas11

• 55 posts

Neutral

Posted 16 August 2013 - 20:49

what does not work in PPanel ? For me it works well.

But If you have installed Glass skin ( it is not skin only, it rewriting some enigma's .py file), it can be possible. 

Ok, i have Glass, but i did out,

What i must change (it is not skin only, it rewriting some enigma's .py file), that enigma's.py file to return to normal PPanel?

Re: Glass HD skin compatible ? #32 fox71

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 24 August 2013 - 22:33

Hi all there is a problem in the skin care problem can not be loaded, graphics, etc .. ftp error

Re: Glass HD skin compatible ? #33 fox71

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 August 2013 - 13:39

??????

Re: Glass HD skin compatible ? #34 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,626 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 30 August 2013 - 13:42

why you do not reading what was wroted before ???????

Re: Glass HD skin compatible ? #35 asdas11

• 55 posts

Neutral

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:13

Hi,

i bought my DM800 hd se two years ago, wrote OpenPli, after change, but now (07 20) i am in my DM - OpenPli...I like sat tv, but i am not 'tifosi' and 'profesional' sat tv.It's only my 'hobby'. I work in other range; sat tv - that is out of my range, because i have'nt so much time to find me interisting questiones...

Re: Glass HD skin compatible ? #36 benko

• 96 posts

Neutral

Posted 5 October 2013 - 22:17

Glass HD skin compatible with OPenPLi 4.0

Me not working version hdglass16_7.16_all.rar

Re: Glass HD skin compatible ? #37 Anzo

• 313 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 6 October 2013 - 13:54

I've got a DM8000 and runing the HDGlass16 skin, version 7.83. No problems, whatsoever.

Groet, André

:blink:

Re: Glass HD skin compatible ? #38 gorski

• 1,699 posts

+46
Good

Posted 7 October 2013 - 22:37

So, is this an official OpenPLI warning, that newer versions of HD Glass are not compatible with OpenPLi based images?

I remember using the skin long time ago and it was cumbersome, slow, not really fully functional, indeed...

But of late this has improved significantly to the point of it being the best for a hobbyist, IMHO...

What it gives, no other skin gives to a "serious" hobbyist and hence it's second to none!

Moreover, the principle of giving controls and options to the user is the best!!!

This is why I revere PBNIGMa, also. Mind, their default skin is great, too!!!

Pity if HD Glass shouldn't be used with OpenPLi.

Maybe the author could get some pointers?

I think this would be the best way forward!

Thanx in advance!!! B)

<span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>Laziness and cowardice are the reasons why such a large proportion of men, even when nature has long emancipated them from alien guidance..." I. Kant, "Political writings" (1784)</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'><a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://eserver.org/p...lightenment.txt'>http://eserver.org/p...ent.txt</a>'><a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a>'>http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a></a> - the jolly text on Enlightenment, at the basis of Modernity...</span>

Re: Glass HD skin compatible ? #39 theparasol

• 4,157 posts

+198
Excellent

Posted 7 October 2013 - 22:57

The author shouldn't overwrite any files on the image with own versions/hacks.

I read that newer version of glass dont do that anymore but I never checked it myself.

Due too fact that the glass skin isnt written explict for openpli I dont want to use it as (minor) incompatiblity may araise.

Instead the default openpli hd skin is best if you want a skin that support all specific openpli features.

But if you want eye-candy, perhaps glass is the skin to use but keep in mind that if your box reacts weird just reflash and try the openpli hd skin before

filing any complaints.

@Camping: ZGemma H.2S, Technisat Multytenne 4-in-1 @Home: Edision Mini 4K, Wave Frontier T55, EMP Centauri EMP DiSEqC 8/1 switch, 4x Inverto Ultra Black single LNB

Re: Glass HD skin compatible ? #40 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,772 posts

+1,742
Excellent

Posted 7 October 2013 - 22:59

The problem with HD Glass is not the skin itself, but the fact that it overwrites python files.

Which means you either keep it in perfect sync with the image the skin is for (and have different ones for each supported image), or ask for trouble because of the issues due to incompatibility of the replaced code.

From a quick look at this version it looks like a plugin is provided to setup the skin, which now doesn't overwrite, but "hooks" code in. In which case the same worries about compatibility applies.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users