Photo

Jack the Ripper - PLi Special Edition for UBIFS Conversion of PLi OE 3.0 Images

UBIFS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
182 replies to this topic

Re: Jack the Ripper - PLi Special Edition for UBIFS Conversion of PLi OE 3.0 Images #141 Lost in Space

• 876 posts

+69
Good

Posted 22 April 2013 - 20:36

UBIFS ist not working on such an old kernel, check the UBIFS backports yourself.

Edited by gutemine, 22 April 2013 - 20:36.

Re: Jack the Ripper - PLi Special Edition for UBIFS Conversion of PLi OE 3.0 Images #142 jalizi

• 27 posts

Neutral

Posted 23 April 2013 - 16:43

@PLi team

i think that you should accept the fact that gutemine did Astnayy and wonderful work. He was doing with a small plugin that you can not do it for months.  Therefore due to jealousy and stubbornness with gutemine, do not deprived your users of the advantages of the ubifs kernel .

Re: Jack the Ripper - PLi Special Edition for UBIFS Conversion of PLi OE 3.0 Images #143 Happysat

• 697 posts

+43
Good

Posted 23 April 2013 - 16:52

@PLi team

i think that you should accept the fact that gutemine did Astnayy and wonderful work. He was doing with a small plugin that you can not do it for months.  Therefore due to jealousy and stubbornness with gutemine, do not deprived your users of the advantages of the ubifs kernel .

roflbits.png

Octagon SF8008 / TBS5530  DVB-S2/T2 T-85/1.50Mtr/3x90cm (53e 52e 51,5e 28e 25,9e 23e 19e 13e 9e 4e 1w 5w 14w)

Re: Jack the Ripper - PLi Special Edition for UBIFS Conversion of PLi OE 3.0 Images #144 mika-nl

• 454 posts

+10
Neutral

Posted 23 April 2013 - 18:40

it's working

root@dm500hd:~# df -h
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
ubi0:rootfs              41.3M     29.5M     11.8M  71% /
devtmpfs                 66.1M      4.0K     66.1M   0% /dev
tmpfs                    64.0K         0     64.0K   0% /media
/dev/sda1                14.5G    494.9M     13.3G   4% /media/usb
tmpfs                    66.3M    136.0K     66.1M   0% /var/volatile

Yes it is,

Thanks and credits to PLI-Team , gutemine and handa-civic .

I did install oscam , picons , dflash  , mytube  and settings hans.

But remove also alot and this is my result :

root@dm500hd:~# df -h
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
ubi0:rootfs              41.4M     38.5M      2.9M  93% /
devtmpfs                 66.1M      4.0K     66.1M   0% /dev
tmpfs                    64.0K         0     64.0K   0% /media
tmpfs                    66.3M    348.0K     65.9M   1% /var/volatile

What i did to get free space :

Verwijderen :

sambaserver
enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-fastscan
enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-osd3dsetup
enigma2-plugin-extensions-mediascanner 
enigma2-plugin-extensions-mediaplayer 
opkg remove --force-depends oscam-util-list-smargo
enigma2-plugin-extensions-ppanel
enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-hdmicec
kernel-module-rt2500usb 
kernel-module-rt2800usb 
kernel-module-rt73usb
kernel-module-rt2x00usb 
hotplug-e2-helper
enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-wirelesslan
python-wifi
enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-softwaremanager
sambaserver 
enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-cablescan
enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-positionersetup
firmware-carl9170
firmware-htc7010
firmware-htc9271
firmware-rt2870
firmware-rt73
firmware-rtl8192cu
firmware-rtl8712u
firmware-zd1211

opkg remove --force-depends  task-base-wifi
wireless-tools 
wpa-supplicant 
wpa-supplicant-cli 
wpa-supplicant-passphras
kernel-module-ath
kernel-module-ath9k-common
kernel-module-ath9k
kernel-module-ath9k-hw 

kernel-module-ath9k-htc
kernel-module-cifs cifs
kernel-module-rtl8187 rtl8192cu kernel-module-rt2x00lib kernel-module-rt2800lib kernel-module-r8712u
ntfs-3 gnfs-utils-client 

sdparm libntfs-3g81 dropbear

settings-autorestore ntfs-3g enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-skinselector enigma2-plugin-extensions-autobackup enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-hotplug dreambox-blindscan-utils
enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-videotune enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-tempfancontrol

Talen verwijderen :
backup cp -r /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components /media/hdd/backup/
download Language.py from http://sourceforge.net/p/openpli/enigma2/ci/master/tree/lib/python/Components/Language.py
remove all exept the one you need from Language.py
upload Language.py to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components
now you can also delete in /usr/share/enigma2/po/ and /usr/lib/locale and /usr/share/enigma2/countries/ 

extra wissen
rm -rf /usr/share/enigma2/rc_models

So i understand the decision from the PLi team for not doing it, But i love to have it now.

And yes it feels much faster overall not only boottime.

MiKa

Re: Jack the Ripper - PLi Special Edition for UBIFS Conversion of PLi OE 3.0 Images #145 Lost in Space

• 876 posts

+69
Good

Posted 23 April 2013 - 21:13

ubifs performance is not only boot time, check some nice presentations on this that you can easily find on the web - and then do your ROFL.

It saves Memory and CPU power too, and especially the small boxes beeing short of this benefit a lot due to this.

My 500HD with squeezeout and ubifs and autoswap performs almost unfeelable equally fast then my 7020hd, which has much more Memory and Flash but at least the same CPU.

And yes, I worked hard to achive this goal and it took me weeks of research, testing and development.

But gutemine is not looking for credits, applause or praisal. It is just the fun of it, and that sometimes ignorance and disbelive can be prooven wrong.

Please don't see this as critics, it is just my sense of humor.

Like naming a Plugin Flodder after the warm welcome in this board :-)

Edited by gutemine, 23 April 2013 - 21:15.

Re: Jack the Ripper - PLi Special Edition for UBIFS Conversion of PLi OE 3.0 Images #146 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,471 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 23 April 2013 - 21:55

you know the Dutch Flodder family ;)

http://www.flodder.tv

on the Glassfibre 1GB DVB-C...

Re: Jack the Ripper - PLi Special Edition for UBIFS Conversion of PLi OE 3.0 Images #147 Lost in Space

• 876 posts

+69
Good

Posted 23 April 2013 - 21:58

Off course :-)

The German TV stations play it regulary, maybe their way of admiring neighbours.

But the name describes quite well what the Plugin does - the Flash flodds the sunny Flodder device.

Edited by gutemine, 23 April 2013 - 21:59.

Re: Jack the Ripper - PLi Special Edition for UBIFS Conversion of PLi OE 3.0 Images #148 luis67

• 76 posts

Neutral

Posted 24 April 2013 - 14:56

ubifs performance is not only boot time, check some nice presentations on this that you can easily find on the web - and then do your ROFL.

It saves Memory and CPU power too, and especially the small boxes beeing short of this benefit a lot due to this.

My 500HD with squeezeout and ubifs and autoswap performs almost unfeelable equally fast then my 7020hd, which has much more Memory and Flash but at least the same CPU.

And yes, I worked hard to achive this goal and it took me weeks of research, testing and development.

But gutemine is not looking for credits, applause or praisal. It is just the fun of it, and that sometimes ignorance and disbelive can be prooven wrong.

Please don't see this as critics, it is just my sense of humor.

Like naming a Plugin Flodder after the warm welcome in this board :-)

Ι would like to ask if openpli with latest images support ubifs for dm500hd?Can i convert it to ubifs via dflash backup if doesnt support it yet?

Re: Jack the Ripper - PLi Special Edition for UBIFS Conversion of PLi OE 3.0 Images #149 pieterg

• PLi® Core member
  • 32,766 posts

+245
Excellent

Posted 24 April 2013 - 14:57

dm500hd yes, dm800se no

Re: Jack the Ripper - PLi Special Edition for UBIFS Conversion of PLi OE 3.0 Images #150 niky_ice

• 1 posts

Neutral

Posted 24 April 2013 - 21:42

dm500hd yes, dm800se no

Why not if you can install on 800 hd?
after converting it to reboot the dreambox dreambox hangs on the photo and does not load image.pieterg it can not change to have the same result as the dm 500 hd?. Thank you.

Re: Jack the Ripper - PLi Special Edition for UBIFS Conversion of PLi OE 3.0 Images #151 Lost in Space

• 876 posts

+69
Good

Posted 24 April 2013 - 22:11

On OE 2.0 Images from DMM it works nicely to convert them to ubifs on 800se and 500hd boxes.

And JTR Special Editorn for PLi therefore also worked/works for all these boxes.

So a 'no' for 800se is nonsense, only the OLD 800pvr has a too old kernel for ubifs.

Edited by gutemine, 24 April 2013 - 22:13.

Re: Jack the Ripper - PLi Special Edition for UBIFS Conversion of PLi OE 3.0 Images #152 pieterg

• PLi® Core member
  • 32,766 posts

+245
Excellent

Posted 25 April 2013 - 00:27

unfortunately the no for the dm800se is not nonsense, we had to disable the UBI support in the dm800se kernel, because the kernel got too big.
there is some nasty bug (probably in the secondstage loader) which causes booting to crash when the kernel is above some magical size.
Without UBI, we just manage to stay under that.

The same thing happens with the dm500hd, but there the magical size is just above the size with UBI enabled, so we just get away with it (for now).

Re: Jack the Ripper - PLi Special Edition for UBIFS Conversion of PLi OE 3.0 Images #153 Lost in Space

• 876 posts

+69
Good

Posted 25 April 2013 - 15:08

Strange, as the DMM kernel of the OE 2.0 images can hold UBIFS on all boxes nicely, and it even includes my 76k initramfs patch in all OoZoon Images without any space problems. If you insist on your none compression policy for /dev/mtdblock2 which gives about 1-2 second better boottimes, OK, but don't use this as an excuse.

Re: Jack the Ripper - PLi Special Edition for UBIFS Conversion of PLi OE 3.0 Images #154 pieterg

• PLi® Core member
  • 32,766 posts

+245
Excellent

Posted 25 April 2013 - 15:31

Strange, as the DMM kernel of the OE 2.0 images can hold UBIFS on all boxes nicely, and it even includes my 76k initramfs patch in all OoZoon Images without any space problems.

yes, it's strange.
But we have more stuff built into the kernel, where dmm is using modules.
So I'm just assuming the issue is size related, rather than anything else. But it could be anything really, hard to tell.

I'll turn some stuff back into modules, and hope to stay under the magical limit.

If you insist on your none compression policy for /dev/mtdblock2 which gives about 1-2 second better boottimes, OK, but don't use this as an excuse.

I'm not trying to make exuses, I'm just letting you know what I think is the reason of the problem.
Can we leave out the politics please? Remember we're all hobbyists here, trying to make things work.

I don't think jffs2 compression has an effect on this issue, because the secondstage loader succeeds in reading the kernel image from the boot partition.
It only crashes just after it jumps to the kernel start address.

Re: Jack the Ripper - PLi Special Edition for UBIFS Conversion of PLi OE 3.0 Images #155 Meega

• 3,000 posts

+51
Good

Posted 25 April 2013 - 15:35

Deep stuff over here,very deep!!!! :P

ET10000+ Openpli 6.1,1m schotel 4x duo-lnb op vaste opstelling.

Momolights teensy 2.0 met 50 leds op een string ,150 channels
DM8000 Openpli 6.1 Release

Re: Jack the Ripper - PLi Special Edition for UBIFS Conversion of PLi OE 3.0 Images #156 Lost in Space

• 876 posts

+69
Good

Posted 25 April 2013 - 16:26

Reasearch is about having the nose in the dust.

As I already said it is possible to build such working kernels and I'm not aware of too many modules in your kernel the others don't have.

Don't forget that due to Barry Allen always using Flash kernel I know pretty well what is missing if somebody boots with a DMM kernel your Images and vice versa.. Besides lzo compressed jffs2 and stv there are not such big differences anybody missed so far.

Maybe it is a bad habbit if sombody answers 'no' to ask back 'why', but so far it always worked.

And it simply means that I was wrong, there is still a need for JTR.

Edited by gutemine, 25 April 2013 - 16:28.

Re: Jack the Ripper - PLi Special Edition for UBIFS Conversion of PLi OE 3.0 Images #157 gorski

• 1,699 posts

+46
Good

Posted 25 April 2013 - 16:29

No need for BA!!!

In fact, there is frequently a need to avoid it!

<span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>Laziness and cowardice are the reasons why such a large proportion of men, even when nature has long emancipated them from alien guidance..." I. Kant, "Political writings" (1784)</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'><a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://eserver.org/p...lightenment.txt'>http://eserver.org/p...ent.txt</a>'><a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a>'>http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a></a> - the jolly text on Enlightenment, at the basis of Modernity...</span>

Re: Jack the Ripper - PLi Special Edition for UBIFS Conversion of PLi OE 3.0 Images #158 Lost in Space

• 876 posts

+69
Good

Posted 25 April 2013 - 16:55

I didn't say that you HAVE to use it, I just said that it is a very usefull tool to compare kernels and find out differences - not everybody likes to read kernel config files and compare them line by line :)

Re: Jack the Ripper - PLi Special Edition for UBIFS Conversion of PLi OE 3.0 Images #159 Eminem

• 27 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 18 May 2013 - 21:58

@gutemine

Unfortunately this plugin, the latest PLI image and DMM, are not compatible. Convert to image successfully, but it will not boot.

[    1.093000] brcmnand_read_page: 3: brcmnand_posted_read_cache failed at offset=2748600, ret=-77
[    1.093000] UBI error: ubi_io_read: error -77 (ECC error) while reading 14848 bytes from PEB 2258:1024, read 512 bytes
[    1.221000] UBI error: ubi_init: cannot attach mtd3
[    1.222000] VFS: Cannot open root device "ubi0:rootfs" or unknown-block(8,1)
[    1.223000] Please append a correct "root=" boot option; here are the available partitions:
[    1.224000] 1f00           64512 mtdblock0  (driver?)
[    1.225000] 1f01             256 mtdblock1  (driver?)
[    1.226000] 1f02            3840 mtdblock2  (driver?)
[    1.226000] 1f03           60416 mtdblock3  (driver?)
[    1.227000] Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(8,1)

Attached Files

• Attached File  cap.TXT   30.03KB   6 downloads

Re: Jack the Ripper - PLi Special Edition for UBIFS Conversion of PLi OE 3.0 Images #160 Lost in Space

• 876 posts

+69
Good

Posted 18 May 2013 - 22:15

Maybe simply Converting your image is NOT successfully as your trial has expired :-)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: UBIFS

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users