Photo

Jack the Ripper - PLi Special Edition for UBIFS Conversion of PLi OE 3.0 Images

UBIFS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
182 replies to this topic

Re: Jack the Ripper - PLi Special Edition for UBIFS Conversion of PLi OE 3.0 Images #161 theparasol

• 4,157 posts

+198
Excellent

Posted 18 May 2013 - 22:20

How nice to put a timebomb in it as the code should only function to give you feedback on proof of concept ;)

@Eminem: just set the systemtime back to the date Gutemine released his "shit", produce the image and it should work fine

@Camping: ZGemma H.2S, Technisat Multytenne 4-in-1 @Home: Edision Mini 4K, Wave Frontier T55, EMP Centauri EMP DiSEqC 8/1 switch, 4x Inverto Ultra Black single LNB

Re: Jack the Ripper - PLi Special Edition for UBIFS Conversion of PLi OE 3.0 Images #162 gorski

• 1,699 posts

+46
Good

Posted 18 May 2013 - 22:24

Crikey! The man is a menace with attitude...

Just lots of data instead of thinking and a calculator instead of a heart...

Yuk! :D

<span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>Laziness and cowardice are the reasons why such a large proportion of men, even when nature has long emancipated them from alien guidance..." I. Kant, "Political writings" (1784)</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'><a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://eserver.org/p...lightenment.txt'>http://eserver.org/p...ent.txt</a>'><a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a>'>http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a></a> - the jolly text on Enlightenment, at the basis of Modernity...</span>

Re: Jack the Ripper - PLi Special Edition for UBIFS Conversion of PLi OE 3.0 Images #163 Lost in Space

• 876 posts

+69
Good

Posted 18 May 2013 - 22:30

Well, I would not recommend such things without knowing what then could happen.

Anyway, the correct question would have been - ist there really still a need for such a Plugin and should we extend the trial ?

On the 7020hd and 8000 there should be no need for it anymore and it was clearly stated that PLi Kernel will not support ubifs on the Dreamsmall boxes due to space problems (which I have problems to understand, but I accept this decision).

And as you have not even asked ...

Edited by gutemine, 18 May 2013 - 22:31.

Re: Jack the Ripper - PLi Special Edition for UBIFS Conversion of PLi OE 3.0 Images #164 theparasol

• 4,157 posts

+198
Excellent

Posted 18 May 2013 - 22:39

And as you have not even asked ...

Indeed: no-one did. But I presume it will take you to the next level of satisfaction: let them beg forever.

Listen Gutemine: This forum / the openpli is a nice community. If you keep this kind of attitude up I personally advise you to just leave and kindly ask a moderator to delete your code also. On the other hand I respect your knowledge and want to personally thank you for disclosing some new windows. Hope some day you will start to see the world no longer as your personal playground but as something valuable for all you also may contribute too.

@Camping: ZGemma H.2S, Technisat Multytenne 4-in-1 @Home: Edision Mini 4K, Wave Frontier T55, EMP Centauri EMP DiSEqC 8/1 switch, 4x Inverto Ultra Black single LNB

Re: Jack the Ripper - PLi Special Edition for UBIFS Conversion of PLi OE 3.0 Images #165 Lost in Space

• 876 posts

+69
Good

Posted 18 May 2013 - 22:47

Nobody needs to beg for anybody, but as you point out I'm just a guest here and have to accept the rules and the decisions of PLi team

If your decision is not to support Multibooting I simply acept this, if your decision is not to support ubifs on 500hd and 800se, I simply accept this too, unless a discussion prooves that I should ignore this decision and we find a level of common understanding why this is done and  not an offense.

I'm therefore just mirroring the decision and therefore I have not to explain it - especially as I already wrote now twice that I don't even understand it.

So you are right if the decision is that these boxes should not have ubifs, because  then you could delete the kits and close this thread as it would be useless to continue it.

Just read one page up the discussion with pieterg and my replies and then it is clear why I stopped doing further kits and have to stop supporting the existing ones.

Edited by gutemine, 18 May 2013 - 22:51.

Re: Jack the Ripper - PLi Special Edition for UBIFS Conversion of PLi OE 3.0 Images #166 gorski

• 1,699 posts

+46
Good

Posted 18 May 2013 - 22:57

Heh, after explanations from the horses mouth, so to speak, you still keep banging on about PB Expander as if you know what you are talking about, trying hard to keep being ignorant, so you can keep your prejudices and attitude - so that's enough for me, never to use any of your half-baked stuff, thanx a bunch......

<span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>Laziness and cowardice are the reasons why such a large proportion of men, even when nature has long emancipated them from alien guidance..." I. Kant, "Political writings" (1784)</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'><a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://eserver.org/p...lightenment.txt'>http://eserver.org/p...ent.txt</a>'><a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a>'>http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a></a> - the jolly text on Enlightenment, at the basis of Modernity...</span>

Re: Jack the Ripper - PLi Special Edition for UBIFS Conversion of PLi OE 3.0 Images #167 theparasol

• 4,157 posts

+198
Excellent

Posted 18 May 2013 - 23:02

Plz keep in mind I'm just another passing bird just like you not a member of the team.

To bad you arent a nicer person. Most people here are but I think you are attracted to this forum just to fool another bunch of people.

But however, no hard feelings. Its all about ideas and I hate it that my coding skills are still too rusty to provide a timebomb free code of your concept.

Its simply taking too much time and no personal interest of having the idea in sound code.

Re: Jack the Ripper - PLi Special Edition for UBIFS Conversion of PLi OE 3.0 Images #168 Lost in Space

• 876 posts

+69
Good

Posted 18 May 2013 - 23:04

I don't read any bashing of PB in my reply, as I just explained what and why.

If somebody would ask what needs to be changed to make the existing kits continue to work, as I wrote that and why there will be probably no new ones, then I would have answered in a professional and friendly way, but as you are not interested there is no need to.

And JTR is a really upgly way of doing the job, you will not miss it to be honest.

Edited by gutemine, 18 May 2013 - 23:05.

Re: Jack the Ripper - PLi Special Edition for UBIFS Conversion of PLi OE 3.0 Images #169 gorski

• 1,699 posts

+46
Good

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:59

Banging on = bashing? Well, as I said earlier, stick with I.T. :D

And you haven't explained anything at all, when it comes PB Expander. Things were explained to you by the coder himself (and I gave you the info, too) and you kept incorrectly banging on (here I go again :D ) as if you knew what you were talking about, whereas some of us who know a little bit about it saw you had no clue - but it didn't stop you from passing your judgement from on high... :rolleyes: Pathetic, really but also quite silly (as in funny to watch... :D )... :D

So, you are quite right: I am NOT interested in such "explanations" from your good self, thanx a bunch, since you are not interested in hearing anything from anybody! We have seen ample evidence of that attitude of yours from many a post on this forum alone, when you were "debating" things with the coders and they couldn't tell you anything but you were constantly telling them what's what in a "definitive" kind of way, even though we could see from the debate that opinions were divided or even quite diametrically opposite, on various issues... As others have told me: "Who the Hell does this guy think he is?!?" Seriously arrogant and aloof... If only you were that kind of "authority"...

Stay well and keep entertaining us, please... :D

Edited by gorski, 19 May 2013 - 10:01.

Re: Jack the Ripper - PLi Special Edition for UBIFS Conversion of PLi OE 3.0 Images #170 Lost in Space

• 876 posts

+69
Good

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:09

I'm a dumb idiot ... I know :)

Re: Jack the Ripper - PLi Special Edition for UBIFS Conversion of PLi OE 3.0 Images #171 gorski

• 1,699 posts

+46
Good

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:21

No, you choose to be deaf, dumb and blonde when you want it - quite a difference there, you know... :D

Re: Jack the Ripper - PLi Special Edition for UBIFS Conversion of PLi OE 3.0 Images #172 Lost in Space

• 876 posts

+69
Good

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:49

Yes, I have the freedom to choose :)

Re: Jack the Ripper - PLi Special Edition for UBIFS Conversion of PLi OE 3.0 Images #173 offnow

• 56 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 19 May 2013 - 19:15

I don't read any bashing of PB in my reply, as I just explained what and why.

If somebody would ask what needs to be changed to make the existing kits continue to work, as I wrote that and why there will be probably no new ones, then I would have answered in a professional and friendly way, but as you are not interested there is no need to.

Öhm, hast probiert und ging nicht? Dann brauch ich mal nen log - weil im Normalfalle geht der blind mit 4 Knopfdrücken...

Also die einzigen Probleme, die mal existierten, das Kopieren... weil das busybox-cp keine anständigen Rückmeldungen zulässt und dadurch das Auslagern nicht fertig war, vor dem Neustart...

Mit dem richtigen cp geht das allerdings ohne Probleme... und unser Expander funktioniert IMMER (nö, keinerlei Problem beim Mounten), weil wir eben nicht das komplette /usr auslagern, sondern nur die speicherlastigen Teile... Auch unsere Mounterei ist etwas anders als im pli, vertauschte sda und sdb sind bei uns ein Fremdwort... Ja, das ist auch nicht perfekt und nach dem 33 Update ist der Flash dann irgendwann mal auch voll - aber bei Kernel-updates sollte man eh neu flashen (mit intelligentem Backup tut das auch nicht weh...) - also macht man nie und nimmer soviele Updates...

hab keine Lust mehr...

Viel Spaß allen und lebt wohl

Re: Jack the Ripper - PLi Special Edition for UBIFS Conversion of PLi OE 3.0 Images #174 Lost in Space

• 876 posts

+69
Good

Posted 19 May 2013 - 19:31

Ähm warum sollte ein Kernel update ein Problem sein ?

Und ja ich habs probiert ...

Und Flodder benutzt genauso sein eigenes copy aber fürs ganze image, damit gehen also gar keine root updates mehr in den Flash.

Und ja hier im JTR Thread is das eigentlich OT, mein Feedback bezog sich darauf warum und was im JTR Testkit die Arbeit eingestellt hat,

aber wenn Euch andere Sachen mehr interessieren soll es mir auch recht sein.

Edited by gutemine, 19 May 2013 - 19:32.

Re: Jack the Ripper - PLi Special Edition for UBIFS Conversion of PLi OE 3.0 Images #175 offnow

• 56 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 19 May 2013 - 19:50

Wieso eigenes copy, wenn die coreutils das richtige und ausreichende cp bereit stellen - man muß sie halt mitcompilieren lassen...

OK, Du hast probiert - dann sag mir mal, wohin ausgelagert wird... wie heist der Ordner?

hab keine Lust mehr...

Re: Jack the Ripper - PLi Special Edition for UBIFS Conversion of PLi OE 3.0 Images #176 Lost in Space

• 876 posts

+69
Good

Posted 19 May 2013 - 19:56

Bill Clinton würde jetzt wohl sagen:

Aber ich habe nicht inhaliert ...

Edited by gutemine, 19 May 2013 - 19:56.

Re: Jack the Ripper - PLi Special Edition for UBIFS Conversion of PLi OE 3.0 Images #177 offnow

• 56 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 19 May 2013 - 20:08

Also unserer Moderatorin stehen gerade die Haare zu Berge - und ich soll Dich treten... weil Du den Ordnernamen nicht kennst...

Und btw - hätte mich gewundert, wenn Du Dir so nen Schrott auf die Box machst...

Edited by notavail, 19 May 2013 - 20:12.

hab keine Lust mehr...

Re: Jack the Ripper - PLi Special Edition for UBIFS Conversion of PLi OE 3.0 Images #178 Lost in Space

• 876 posts

+69
Good

Posted 19 May 2013 - 20:21

Ich habe schon ganz anderne Schrott auf meiner Box gehabt, inklusive gepatchter Kloneimages, Images von VU und ET

Und ich habe glaube ich schon gesagt das ich für Eure Sachen in meinem Thread sicher nicht Werbung machen will.

Vor allem habt Ihr keine meiner Fragen beantwortet, also macht es auch für mich wenig Sinn Antworten zu geben.

Das was ich wissen wollte weis ich, keine Angst :lol:

Und wenn Ihr den dezenten Hinweis darauf wer hier wohl doch inhaliert hat nicht versteht kann ich auch nicht helfen.

Edited by gutemine, 19 May 2013 - 20:22.

Re: Jack the Ripper - PLi Special Edition for UBIFS Conversion of PLi OE 3.0 Images #179 offnow

• 56 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 19 May 2013 - 20:42

Fragen hab ich keine gesehen - nur Aussagen, was besser zu machen wäre, bei irgendwas, was Du nie probiert hast

??? (der Ordnername ist etwas außergewöhnlich - deshalb hab ich auch so blöd gefragt...)

Was soll ich daraus dann schließen...

hab keine Lust mehr...

Re: Jack the Ripper - PLi Special Edition for UBIFS Conversion of PLi OE 3.0 Images #180 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,471 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 19 May 2013 - 22:42

keep it english please!

on the Glassfibre 1GB DVB-C...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: UBIFS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users