1748 replies to this topic

Re: merge requests for PLi's git #1481 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,614 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 31 January 2021 - 17:03

That is what has happened here.

And now the maintainer has informed us he will only maintain the new branch (which is OpenVIsion specific) and will delete the old branch soon (with the suggestion to fork it into e2openplugins).

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: merge requests for PLi's git #1482 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,440 posts

+62
Good

Posted 31 January 2021 - 17:12

And now the maintainer has informed us he will only maintain the new branch (which is OpenVIsion specific) and will delete the old branch soon (with the suggestion to fork it into e2openplugins).

Just in case you missed the comment:

I will keep https://github.com/p...BackupSuite-PLi as long as you need it

Re: merge requests for PLi's git #1483 fairbird

• 413 posts

+20
Neutral

Posted 31 January 2021 - 17:17

Ask Fairbird your slave (that's the second time he asks, and contacted also Delfi from PurE2 in the same way), ask about his post in private (and strangely all DreamOne/Two images are "Persian Prince" compiled, hummm...).

fairbird Online content - VIP Japhar - old hand - Registered: 03/09/15 - Posts: 736

#24539 - 01/31/21 02:35 PM Dream One/Two

Hello my friend ...

Can you please share yous meta-dream for One/Two ...
I need to fix my recipes file (sound) does not work on OV images ...

Thank you

Toysoft, on 31 Jan 2021 - 17:22, said:

There is much more behind this than that post, and I totaly agree with you WanWizard, age gave you Wisdom that some youngster will take tens of years to have.

See : https://forums.openp...ll-shocker-lol/

and

See : https://forums.openp...esteamspersons/

and he asks his friends/team to contact privately all our friends including myself as he needs the DMM meta-dream for DreamOne/DreamTwo... but all is there on DMM Github.

DMM GitHub : https://github.com/o...o/meta-dreambox

Have a nice weekend, and keep the openpli good job, the best image around by far.

TS

WanWizard, on 31 Jan 2021 - 16:43, said:

So this is the final dead blow to Pedro Newbie's legacy?

You've taken it over, and changed it so that is only works on your own image? Disappointing, not at all what open source is about...

Can you show us some proof of your bullshit?

Waiting to see some proof about:

"he asks his friends/team to contact privately all our friends including myself".

I'm happy to give you a finger for this but I'm saving the joy after seeing the proof ;)

Exactly, 100%.

It did supoort OpenPLi, you took over, changed it so it only supports your own image, and now you say "fork it before I delete it, you're on your own".

Which is to say it fiendly not very nice to the open source community, not in the spirit of it, and the users of it.

Whether you use it or not has no real relevance, if you maintain something, you maintain it, that is how open source works. Especially if it is not your original work.

I asked your help as you asked me before more times my help such as

Hello Fairbird,

As discussed I am posting you here, I have a question, what should be modified/added to support on the DM9x0UHD OpenPLi the 4k/UHD streams ? As compiling the OpenPLi with the meta-dream there is no UHD/4k available, so there should be more to be "added" to OpenPLi/Enigma2 Git code.

Thank you !

TS 

and

Thank you Fairbird, very appreciated.

Have a nice saturday, now should be more Sunday as you are 2 hours head as well ;o)

I think I fixed that, was on the enigma2 and not the meta, but still I have the same problem as the DM520HD... the H265. Do you know how I can enable the H265 ? Thank you !

Merci !

TS 

and more more ...

There is no need for these responses here and defamation ... We exchange help and information ... Have I ever done what you did? !!

Why do we solve our personal conflict by including other parties in these disputes? !!

Edited by fairbird, 31 January 2021 - 17:20.

DM500s
DM800

DM800se

DM920UHD

Re: merge requests for PLi's git #1484 Persian Prince

• 1,982 posts

+247
Excellent

Posted 31 January 2021 - 17:23

@fairbird

May I ask this question here: Did I ever ask you to ask any of those people to bring any kind of information for me?

Regards,

Persian Prince

Open Vision sources: https://github.com/OpenVisionE2

Re: merge requests for PLi's git #1485 fairbird

• 413 posts

+20
Neutral

Posted 31 January 2021 - 17:26

Of course not .... and As I wrote to Toysoft 

I need to fix my recipes file (sound) does not work on OV images

I need to fix MY RECIPES (my personal recipes) 

DM500s
DM800

DM800se

DM920UHD

Re: merge requests for PLi's git #1486 Toysoft

• 36 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 31 January 2021 - 17:28

Funny, your recipes, but all DreamOne and DreamTwo OpenVision images are... "Persian Prince" compiled, as there is the author on the image compilation/published...

I let you just think with your brain and conclude.

TS

Edited by Toysoft, 31 January 2021 - 17:28.

Re: merge requests for PLi's git #1487 fairbird

• 413 posts

+20
Neutral

Posted 31 January 2021 - 17:41

I have my personal Images such as OpenTS and OpenBH for DM800/800se/520/920 depend on my personal recipes from (openVision, Openpli, OE-all and Openvix) not just one core 

And I want to support DreamOne/Tow and I have already my personal recipes files. 

I don't know really ... If you have some problems with (Persian Prince) Why did you involve me in the subject.

These are childish behavior ... What is the relationship between me and the subject ...

Have I been exposed to you by himself this way ?! 

Edited by fairbird, 31 January 2021 - 17:42.

DM500s
DM800

DM800se

DM920UHD

Re: merge requests for PLi's git #1488 Persian Prince

• 1,982 posts

+247
Excellent

Posted 31 January 2021 - 17:47

Toysoft, on 31 Jan 2021 - 19:58, said:

Funny, your recipes, but all DreamOne and DreamTwo OpenVision images are... "Persian Prince" compiled, as there is the author on the image compilation/published...

I let you just think with your brain and conclude.

TS

When someone wants to be stupid he gets as much as he needs.

fairbird's builds are private builds for his Arabic friends in Arabic forums so you won't see those in other forums.

fairbird has access to all OV sources including dreamone and dreamtwo but I don't have access to his private local sources.

You're a slave of your small mind and you call fairbird a slave?

You just won the stupidity award of the year, congratulations ;)

Where's your proof now? I give you my BIG finger now :D

Re: merge requests for PLi's git #1489 Toysoft

• 36 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 31 January 2021 - 17:49

I have no problem with him, but he seems to have with US and uses then his slaves.

Read below, please find something before that would have involved anyone from our Teams, etc doing something against him (as OV is his Empire, with the Emperor and his slave)

https://forums.openp...esteamspersons/

About DreamOne/DreamTwo OV versions from Persian Empire... strangely these have the fixes of Fairbird. Humm... who tells it right ?

TS

I have my personal Images such as OpenTS and OpenBH for DM800/800se/520/920 depend on my personal recipes from (openVision, Openpli, OE-all and Openvix) not just one core 

And I want to support DreamOne/Tow and I have already my personal recipes files. 

I don't know really ... If you have some problems with (Persian Prince) Why did you involve me in the subject.

These are childish behavior ... What is the relationship between me and the subject ...

Have I been exposed to you by himself this way ?! 

Edited by Toysoft, 31 January 2021 - 17:51.

Re: merge requests for PLi's git #1490 Tech

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 14,644 posts

+459
Excellent

Posted 31 January 2021 - 18:04

Can you have this discussion in a different place then here?

As far as I'm concerned, start a PM session and continue your discussion overthere but stop thorwing mud to eachother in public!!

Aan de rand van de afgrond is een stap voorwaarts niet altijd vooruitgang....

On the edge of the abyss, a step forward is not always progress....

Re: merge requests for PLi's git #1491 Toysoft

• 36 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 31 January 2021 - 18:11

I agree, for me it's over I have much better to do (I did PM with FB, but he thought then it would be a good idea to come here, or his friend forced him to), answers to false statements were needed, and are now black and white.

It's clear now to everybody with such posts that these two guys are in "bed together".

TS

Can you have this discussion in a different place then here?

As far as I'm concerned, start a PM session and continue your discussion overthere but stop thorwing mud to eachother in public!!

Edited by Toysoft, 31 January 2021 - 18:14.

Re: merge requests for PLi's git #1492 rantanplan

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,806 posts

+83
Good

Posted 31 January 2021 - 18:29

fairbird builds its images from the base xy and that is exactly what you (PP)forbid!
Only fairbird is not yet aware of the consequences of your actions.
You arbitrarily drag everything into your 'private' and with that you make it your property.
Not others steal something, but you (PP) use all sources known to you and now consider it your property.
You want to dictate to others in which forum they are allowed to work, otherwise you threaten.
It's all extremely embarrassing.
It's all really shameful

As far as the backup suite is concerned, one should build a clean branch for and get rid of ballast again.

Re: merge requests for PLi's git #1493 Persian Prince

• 1,982 posts

+247
Excellent

Posted 31 January 2021 - 19:30

https://github.com/O...nE2/BackupSuite (new generation, won't work on PLi)

https://github.com/p...BackupSuite-PLi (old generation, works ok on PLi)

There are no branches anymore so PLi should merge my PR or use a fixed SRCREV as current master branch in OV sources is former develop branch.

Re: merge requests for PLi's git #1494 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 1 February 2021 - 01:22

Hi,

I just wanted to mention that all the code I am adding to OpenVision is also intended for OpenPLi and any other image that wants it.  The code is being prototyped, workshopped and tested on OpenVision as this team is more willing to experiment with new code and new ideas.  When OpenPli gets the new version 8 release settled and is ready to take new changes, code like the new Setup, Information, International, etc they will be available (as they are completed).  I also hope to commit Prl's fantastic new help engine when he is ready for it to launch.

It was always my intention to keep OpenPLi, and any other images that want my code, in the loop.  Persian Prince assured me that he will commit my code to OpenPLi as soon as possible.  As some of you know I tried to commit and synchronise my code to multiple images at once.  This was a task that was not appreciated and, in more recent times, sabotaged.  By working with one team I can complete each task and have the code tested before it is offered to other images.  If people want my code they are welcome to cherry pick it directly from OpenVision.

PLEASE NOTE: My code is free to use but no-one should be using it in any images that obtain financial advantage from using or including any of my code.  Further, appropriate acknowledgement and attribution to me should be maintained for any of my code that is used.  If people want to use my code for financial benefit then please discuss the matter with me, directly, first.

Regards,

Ian.

Edited by IanSav, 1 February 2021 - 01:31.

Re: merge requests for PLi's git #1495 Taapat

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,343 posts

+120
Excellent

Posted 1 February 2021 - 07:29

I don't see why that ever would be necessary. You can always create a new branch if you want to break with history?

Exactly. I think it's normal that you don't want to continue any image support if you don't use it.
I don't understand why not create a new barnch and continue in it.
Leave the previous one as it is now.

It is normal to inform the team that you will not continue support in this barnch and it can decide for itself what to do - create own fork or leave it as is.
I don't understand why need to create a new repo that won't be supported so that everyone who used the old, should switch to it.

Edited by Taapat, 1 February 2021 - 07:38.

Re: merge requests for PLi's git #1496 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,274 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 1 February 2021 - 07:45

@iansav,
As long you develop and commit in openVision at this moment your changes are not free. When the result is that it will be a lot of work for us te accept (to debug, discuss comments and suggestions and it does not have real added value etc.) I think under these circumstances I will not merge it..... note recently I debugged your menu path stuff. Your work made changes at lower level and due to you also tried to support openatv it also inserts more code lines than required for us.

Note that your code on openVision isn’t free at all anymore as it is currently closed!!!!

Sorry I cannot help that you ‘landed’ into a community that decide to go close source, which is some kind of egoistic as does totally not understand the open source mindset. It is a pitty they go to approx the same level as those that steal our work. I also hate my 15+ year of work is included in closed source projects and/or even is sold for money. But I never will stay here when openpli becomes closepli...

Edited by littlesat, 1 February 2021 - 07:53.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: merge requests for PLi's git #1497 Persian Prince

• 1,982 posts

+247
Excellent

Posted 1 February 2021 - 08:44

@iansav,
As long you develop and commit in openVision at this moment your changes are not free. When the result is that it will be a lot of work for us te accept (to debug, discuss comments and suggestions and it does not have real added value etc.) I think under these circumstances I will not merge it..... note recently I debugged your menu path stuff. Your work made changes at lower level and due to you also tried to support openatv it also inserts more code lines than required for us.

Note that your code on openVision isn’t free at all anymore as it is currently closed!!!!

Sorry I cannot help that you ‘landed’ into a community that decide to go close source, which is some kind of egoistic as does totally not understand the open source mindset. It is a pitty they go to approx the same level as those that steal our work. I also hate my 15+ year of work is included in closed source projects and/or even is sold for money. But I never will stay here when openpli becomes closepli...

Our version of enigma2 will be open again soon or invitations will be sent to Open Source teams to view our private repo so don't worry about this part, my intention was never to have a closed-source enigma2 and cooperation with Open Source teams will continue (if they want).

Re: merge requests for PLi's git #1498 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 1 February 2021 - 09:05

Hi Littlesat,

All my code for Enigma2 *IS* open source and is absolutely available to all Enigma2 developers.  I have discussed the matter with Persian Prince and all my open source code will remain open.  None of my code is to be restricted!

By way of explanation, my understanding is that Persian Prince has made the changes he made due to users taking code from OpenVision without crediting the source of that code.  Even more disturbing is that some of the code has apparently been used for commercial profit!  Obviously such profit is not being distributed to those who created the code.

Any issues with multi image compatibility simply demonstrates that many images are becoming different for no very good reason.  The menu path code was tested and worked on all images to which I committed that code, including OpenPLi.  The problems only started when my code was changed and the changes not tested!  When I last checked, a short while ago, the code is still broken.  The posts by WanWizard and I directed to you have not yet been answered (https://github.com/O...916dbb783b1524f).  By the way, when I commit code to multiple images I tailored the code to the target image.  The sooner the core of Enigma2 is made more uniform the better and the fewer compatibility issues will exist.

One of my conditions for developing things on OpenVision is specifically that the code will be offered and submitted to OpenPLi.  I am told that OpenVision is close enough to OpenPLi that this should be straight forward with minimal issues.

If you have any further concerns please contact me to discuss the matter.

Regards,

Ian.

Edited by IanSav, 1 February 2021 - 09:09.

Re: merge requests for PLi's git #1499 Taapat

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,343 posts

+120
Excellent

Posted 1 February 2021 - 09:29

As I understand, this is not about freely available code, but about permission to use it to get a financial advantage.
You may not like this, but under the current enigma2 leicense, you cannot prohibited the use of the code for commercial purposes: https://github.com/O...LICENSE#L33-L37
However, you can request freely available source codes.

Re: merge requests for PLi's git #1500 Persian Prince

• 1,982 posts

+247
Excellent

Posted 1 February 2021 - 09:46

https://github.com/O...gma2-openvision is open now :)

But our OE will never be open again, nobody should be able to create OV images without our permission and this won't change.

The thing is I really don't care if someone uses our version of enigma, I just can't stand and watch somebody rename our image into something else and sell it.

Most of my work is in OE anyway.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users