←  [EN] Third-Party Development

Forums

»

how compile mplayer for vuuno ?

's foto cml 24 sep 2013

hello forum:

do you think is posible to crosscopile/compile mplayer for a Vuuno openpli ?

http://www.mplayerhq...ign7/dload.html

I use it to play my audio files in ubuntu by the command line ,  sadly it is not available in openpli ..

Can you help ??

Cristian

Citeren

's foto Erik Slagter 24 sep 2013

You might want to try gstreamer, which is installed. You must stop enigma first, though. One nice advantage, gstreamer can play all sorts of streams, including icecast.
Citeren

's foto MiLo 24 sep 2013

Strictly speaking: Yes. I think it is.

I also think that it would be utterly useless to do so. Now that we know that the solution to your problem appears to be "mplayer", enlighten us as to what the problem is?
Citeren

's foto cml 25 sep 2013

Strictly speaking: Yes. I think it is.

I also think that it would be utterly useless to do so. Now that we know that the solution to your problem appears to be "mplayer", enlighten us as to what the problem is?

:)  Milo:

The real problem:

i have a vuuno machine , if play flac files using mediaplayer (openpli) , sometimes the system get stuck/frozen and does not respond .

I have to manualy reset the box .. which is realy anoying.... 

Any ideas...

how can i play files from the CLI with gstreamer??

Thanks!!!!!

Citeren

's foto MiLo 25 sep 2013

System getting stuck is usually a sign that the driver or (hardware) decoder borked. Using another player won't help - it will send the same data to the same driver with probably the same results.

Basically, all you can do about that is complain about it to the VU+ people.
Citeren

's foto cml 25 sep 2013

System getting stuck is usually a sign that the driver or (hardware) decoder borked. Using another player won't help - it will send the same data to the same driver with probably the same results.

Basically, all you can do about that is complain about it to the VU+ people.

i have a question about that ...  

I think the problem is gstremer related and not an driver issue..

Mostly because the problem is present in some files and for others it doesnt happen...

Also I complained several times to VU+ , they simply dont give a FUCK....  LOL

########################################################

unknown action DirectionActions/downUp! typo in keymap?
[EPGC] schedule other finished(1351969066)
[EPGC] stop caching events(1351969066)
[EPGC] next update in 60 min
action
-> OkCancelActions ok
playing
4097:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:/hdd/tacho/flac/AA.VV._-_Garota_De_Ipanema/11_-_Quarteto_Em_Cy_&_MPB4_-_Rancho_das_Namoradas.flac
[eDVBCAService] free slot 0 demux 0 for service 1:0:2:36CD:6A4:13E:820000:0:0:0:
[eDVBCAService] free service 1:0:2:36CD:6A4:13E:820000:0:0:0:
decoder state: play, vpid=-1, apid=-1
DEMUX_STOP - pcr - ok
AUDIO_STOP
- ok
DEMUX_STOP
- audio - ok
AUDIO_CONTINUE
- ok
cleaning up

TuxTxt cache cleared
start release channel timer
eServiceMP3
::construct!
eServiceMP3::playbin2 uri=file:///hdd/tacho/flac/AA.VV._-_Garota_De_Ipanema/11_-_Quarteto_Em_Cy_&_MPB4_-_Rancho_das_Namoradas.flac
eServiceMP3::starting pipeline
gst_element_query_position failed
in getPlayPosition
in getPlayPosition
in getPlayPosition
in getPlayPosition
eServiceMP3
::state transition NULL -> READY
Gstreamer error: The autoaudiosink element is not working. (4) from playsink0
eServiceMP3
::/tmp/.id3coverart 65305 bytes written
eServiceMP3
::/tmp/.id3coverart 65305 bytes written
Gstreamer error: GStreamer encountered a general stream error. (1) from flacparse0

########################################################

Citeren

's foto cml 25 sep 2013

Please just guide me on how compiling mplayer, PLEASE!!!

Citeren

's foto betacentauri 25 sep 2013

Is it always the same file?

Can you stop enigma2 and execute this

gst-launch playbin2 uri=file:///hdd/tacho/flac/AA.VV._-_Garota_De_Ipanema/11_-_Quarteto_Em_Cy_&_MPB4_-_Rancho_das_Namoradas.flac -v > /hdd/flac.txt 2>&1

Does it also crash?

In /hdd you'll find a file flac.txt. Post it here. But I also think it's a driver issue...

And please post some more informations about the problematic file. E.g. sampling rate. Can you post mediainfo output?

Veranderd door betacentauri, 25 september 2013 - 13:27
Citeren

's foto pieterg 25 sep 2013

that won't help you, the vuuno does not have enough cpu power to do software decoding.

edit: actually, as you intend to use it only for flac, that would probably work.
But as you cannot use it for anything more fancy than simple audio files, I'm afraid not so many people will have wasted time trying to crossbuild mplayer for settopboxes.
Veranderd door pieterg, 25 september 2013 - 13:34
Citeren

's foto cml 25 sep 2013

that won't help you, the vuuno does not have enough cpu power to do software decoding.

edit: actually, as you intend to use it only for flac, that would probably work.
But as you cannot use it for anything more fancy than simple audio files, I'm afraid not so many people will have wasted time trying to crossbuild mplayer for settopboxes.

I need this only for flacs :  this is usefull for me ..

Its simply silly that a box like this can not play a flac file       :(

Please guide me on crosscompiling mplayer, please...   PLEASE PLEASE !!!!  have 3 other linux machines :)

Is it always the same file?

Can you stop enigma2 and execute this

gst-launch playbin2 uri=file:///hdd/tacho/flac/AA.VV._-_Garota_De_Ipanema/11_-_Quarteto_Em_Cy_&_MPB4_-_Rancho_das_Namoradas.flac -v > /hdd/flac.txt 2>&1

Does it also crash?

In /hdd you'll find a file flac.txt. Post it here. But I also think it's a driver issue...

And please post some more informations about the problematic file. E.g. sampling rate. Can you post mediainfo output?

Crash happens always in a diferent file... which makes it totaly anoying....   !!!!!!   

i will try your command ;)

Thanks for your help....

Citeren

Then try to play several files with my command. Perhaps we have luck and the crash occurs AND there's something in log which help us...

Edit: What sampling rate do your flacs have? More than 48khz?
Veranderd door betacentauri, 25 september 2013 - 14:45
Citeren

's foto Erik Slagter 25 sep 2013

BTW mplayer doesn't use autoconf, the source is a bit of a mess actually (has been for many years), so crosscompiling will probably something of an effort...

Citeren

's foto cml 25 sep 2013

Then try to play several files with my command. Perhaps we have luck and the crash occurs AND there's something in log which help us...

Edit: What sampling rate do your flacs have? More than 48khz?

YES , its running!!!!

Citeren

That's a problem ;-). I wanted to see the error message. And can you say "it works" soo quick? I thought the error occurred only sometimes.

I have another idea. Give me some hours...
Citeren

My idea don't work.

If you can find out, which files cause the problem, there might be a way to build a workaround (e.g. all files with 48khz cause the problem, then we can downsample it to 44.1khz or files with 32bit sampling depth or ...).

Does this problem also occur when you use VTI image? Do you use the latest drivers? I heard some flac problems were solved with the latest drivers.

Citeren

's foto cml 26 sep 2013

Good news and bad news:

Using the comand line , i have no errors...

find /media/hdd/tacho/flac/ -name "*.flac" -exec gst-launch playbin2 uri=file://{} \;

I played 12 hours flawlessly..

Using the GUI  , the error is present...

There must be a bug in the GUI  , because gstremer seems ok.. ALSO DOES THE DRIVERS !!!    :ph34r:

My idea don't work.

If you can find out, which files cause the problem, there might be a way to build a workaround (e.g. all files with 48khz cause the problem, then we can downsample it to 44.1khz or files with 32bit sampling depth or ...).

Does this problem also occur when you use VTI image? Do you use the latest drivers? I heard some flac problems were solved with the latest drivers.

I never tested the VTI image , but the problem hapened in BH .

I dont know which drivers i am using  , how do i check that ?

i am using last fpga update thought

I will continue to test.... its all seems like a "media player plugin" bug to me...

Citeren

's foto cml 27 sep 2013

Hello ? community::  i am reporting a bug!!!  anyone here?

-I First reported this issue about a year ago , and still no real interest ...

-Blaming the VU+ Drivers or hardware is not TRUE...

-Gstreamer works fine in the command line.. Ive played for 28 hours ... all files are ok , no crash..

THERE IS A BUG IN THE HMI ....

It Makes enigma to crash when the media player plugin is used....

Please help

Citeren

's foto pieterg 27 sep 2013

Why are you using a media player plugin? That could very well be the cause of your problem, many media player plugins replace e2's 'servicemp3' (which handles gstreamer playback).

Please test with a clean installation, without any media player plugins installed.
Citeren

's foto betacentauri 27 sep 2013

There was a bug in the driver(I saw several posts regarding flac problems in another forum). The latest driver seems to fix that.
So don't blame openpli for everything! And it's difficult to find and fix it when it only occurs on VU+ boxes... And it's also strange that nobody else has these problems. Ok, flacs are not very popular. Did you try a fresh install?

You can enable gstreamer logging via environment variable. I can post how this evening. Perhaps that helps to find the issue.
Citeren

's foto cml 27 sep 2013

There was a bug in the driver(I saw several posts regarding flac problems in another forum). The latest driver seems to fix that.
So don't blame openpli for everything! And it's difficult to find and fix it when it only occurs on VU+ boxes... And it's also strange that nobody else has these problems. Ok, flacs are not very popular. Did you try a fresh install?

You can enable gstreamer logging via environment variable. I can post how this evening. Perhaps that helps to find the issue.

>>it is not just me , several users have reported bugs/crashs with playback of diferent formats in openpli with vu+ boxes (mp3, wav)

>> it seems to be something related to the way the media player plugin is calling gstreamer...

>>i am only tring to colaborate , by pointing out a bug ...

>>i felt like i was not taken seriously for about a year, and  it seems like i was right since the begining ...

>>>FLAC files are very popular , with them you can have a digital audio library with CD QUALITY in your box..
I think : if a linux set top box  is the heart of many peoples media center ,  it might be usualy conected to a hifi system , therefore , it is very important to support losseless formats.... because sound quality , its INCREDIBLE DIFERENT ......   :)

>>  lets continue to track down the bug !!!
Citeren