Unable to compile gst-1.0 branch

• Please log in to reply
249 replies to this topic

Re: Unable to compile gst-1.0 branch #41 christophecvr

• 3,131 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 28 January 2014 - 13:11

Seemed that this option is now also in source ?? or I screwed up with my test . I first retry with full fresh build (also let come the sources again.By erasing them from sources.

Re: Unable to compile gst-1.0 branch #42 christophecvr

• 3,131 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 28 January 2014 - 14:50

By double checking the c99 was set, It was just one off the tests who failed later on this test is done again with the c99. That is not the problem. eighter a lot off not find header files is the problem.

Re: Unable to compile gst-1.0 branch #43 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 28 January 2014 - 14:54

If header files are not found, that probably means that we lack some packages (-devel) "native" in OE.

Can you do a "make clean" (or the equivalent) and then post the output of a make run?

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Unable to compile gst-1.0 branch #44 christophecvr

• 3,131 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 28 January 2014 - 15:00

If header files are not found, that probably means that we lack some packages (-devel) "native" in OE.

Can you do a "make clean" (or the equivalent) and then post the output of a make run?

No the make files are still not made , the failure is in config fase. But I'm trrying now first by modifieing the bitbake file like it was done on 1.0.7

Re: Unable to compile gst-1.0 branch #45 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 28 January 2014 - 15:01

Can you post the output from that phase then?

Edited by Erik Slagter, 28 January 2014 - 15:02.

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Unable to compile gst-1.0 branch #46 christophecvr

• 3,131 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 28 January 2014 - 15:56

I Just took the full workdir out off openpli-oe-core/build/tmp/work/mips32el-oe-linux  For the plugin base.

Perhaps someone can find something why it does not configure

Attached Files

Re: Unable to compile gst-1.0 branch #47 radxnl

• 1,527 posts

+57
Good

Posted 28 January 2014 - 17:04

i just build 1.2.2 base, good and bad without any major problems

steps needed are to update remote repositories ( 1.2.2 was added recently, openpli is not up to date... yet! )

make to use new orc version and just build gstreamer1.0 etc etc

maybe i will push a new branch when i have time with all (even though they are minor) fixes.

Re: Unable to compile gst-1.0 branch #48 theparasol

• 4,157 posts

+198
Excellent

Posted 28 January 2014 - 17:18

Fresh gstreamer branch on latest rev would be very much appriciated radxnl, so a novice gitter like me can start coding/testing with the more interesting gstreamer stuff (and probably bite the dust too)

Hope you can find some time to burn!

@Camping: ZGemma H.2S, Technisat Multytenne 4-in-1 @Home: Edision Mini 4K, Wave Frontier T55, EMP Centauri EMP DiSEqC 8/1 switch, 4x Inverto Ultra Black single LNB

Re: Unable to compile gst-1.0 branch #49 christophecvr

• 3,131 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 28 January 2014 - 17:31

i just build 1.2.2 base, good and bad without any major problems

steps needed are to update remote repositories ( 1.2.2 was added recently, openpli is not up to date... yet! )

make to use new orc version and just build gstreamer1.0 etc etc

maybe i will push a new branch when i have time with all (even though they are minor) fixes.

Would be nice to have a gst1.0 branch.

But if you have a git patch with those minor changes , You may set it ass well. Then i'll maybe be able to find out what I missed with my changes what I missed

Re: Unable to compile gst-1.0 branch #50 christophecvr

• 3,131 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:57

steps needed are to update remote repositories

How to update submodules to latest commit ?

It always use openembedded-core comit a5e6926...

Re: Unable to compile gst-1.0 branch #51 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:14

... git submodule update ...  ;)

The versions (commit id's) of the submodule are tied to the checkout of the main repo.

If you explicity want/need other submodule versions than linked to the current checkout, you must go the directory where the submodule resides, do a "git pull" there, go back to the main repo, and then to a commit there (of the submodule or -a).

Re: Unable to compile gst-1.0 branch #52 christophecvr

• 3,131 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 29 January 2014 - 16:56

Updating the openembedded-core was not needed. That by openpli is updated enough.

It's just orc (just removing that from openpli-meta is enough)

Then the full gstreamer does compile whitout problems.

However gst-subsink and gst-dvbmediasink still a lot off work on. Also the machine dependent dvbmediasink and so on ...

The goal is to have gtreamer 0.1 completeley removed.

Re: Unable to compile gst-1.0 branch #53 theparasol

• 4,157 posts

+198
Excellent

Posted 29 January 2014 - 19:25

Yes, but why use 1.0 and not start directly with 1.2.2 instead, its stable according to gstreamer site?

@Camping: ZGemma H.2S, Technisat Multytenne 4-in-1 @Home: Edision Mini 4K, Wave Frontier T55, EMP Centauri EMP DiSEqC 8/1 switch, 4x Inverto Ultra Black single LNB

Re: Unable to compile gst-1.0 branch #54 Sjaaky

• 7,443 posts

+41
Good

Posted 29 January 2014 - 23:23

The main effort is to go from 0.10 to 1.0, because of the api change. I espect that the update from 1.0 to 1.x is trivial. So yes your point is valid, but when I speak of gstreamer 1, I don't care about the rest of the version number.

Re: Unable to compile gst-1.0 branch #55 christophecvr

• 3,131 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:11

The main effort is to go from 0.10 to 1.0, because of the api change. I espect that the update from 1.0 to 1.x is trivial. So yes your point is valid, but when I speak of gstreamer 1, I don't care about the rest of the version number.

I'm bussy with the gstreamer off openembedde-core repos. There if we give the package . Jus need to set gstreamer1.0  and gstreamer1.0-plugins-base etc ..   . At this time it will automatically result in version 1.2.2

gstreamer1.0_1.2.2 and it does compile if orc off openembedded-core is used (I just remove orc out off meta-openpli) . That's even the goal in future I gues

Re: Unable to compile gst-1.0 branch #56 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,045 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:57

If gst 0.1 compiles well with the new orc version, we might as well remove the old orc recipe from the master branch.
Real musicians never die - they just decompose

Re: Unable to compile gst-1.0 branch #57 christophecvr

• 3,131 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:43

In my personal test branch it did . I've even had one full image build vuduo2 with 0.1.xx and 1.0_1.222 in . However next time I'll do a standard image build(with gst 0.1) which I use on my box dm8000 and vuduo2 I will try once with just the orc removed out off meta-openpli/recipes-devtools  And then report if it's ok .

At this time in experimental tries with 1.2.2 I do have the build with the full gstreamer1.0 compiled and all plugins packages. And none off the 0.1 gstreamer .

However the gst-dvb-mediasink , subsink and as consequence the enigma2.bb do not build yet. They still seem to request for gst 0.1. Shure it's a small change somwhere , but still couldn't pin point the cause.

Gues it a multiple problem . With the 1.2.2 off openembedded its in a work dir gstreamer1.0xxx  also the plugins are in a work dir off gstreamer1.0-plugins-base , good ,bad or ugly . The splitet packages off plugins are not gst-plugins-base-alsa but gstreamer1.0-plugins-base-alsa for example

Re: Unable to compile gst-1.0 branch #58 Sjaaky

• 7,443 posts

+41
Good

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:49

However the gst-dvb-mediasink , subsink and as consequence the enigma2.bb do not build yet. They still seem to request for gst 0.1. Shure it's a small change somwhere , but still couldn't pin point the cause.

There are config variable to choose between gst 0.1 and gst 1. Find them and they will compile ;).

For enigma use pass --with-gstversion to configure.

Re: Unable to compile gst-1.0 branch #59 christophecvr

• 3,131 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 30 January 2014 - 13:22

I do have here the error log for build vuduo2

Changes I made removed the gstreamer 0.1 out of openpli-meta, removed the orc out of openpli-meta.

Then it uses the gstreamer out off openembedded and orc out off openembedded.

Then I adapted the vuduox.inc to use gst-plugin-dvbmediasink (instead off the gst-plugin-vuplus-dvbmediasink)

Changes the bb files to use gstreamer1.0  of openembedded.

Fails on dvbmediasin,subsink and as consequence enigma2

The gstreamer1.0 and plugins (all)  self compiled and installed ok.

I also included the relevant bitbake files I modified and used

Attached Files

Edited by christophecvr, 30 January 2014 - 13:23.

Re: Unable to compile gst-1.0 branch #60 christophecvr

• 3,131 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 30 January 2014 - 15:46

@MiLo

Ter info

I just tested a build from scratch for vuduo2 with standard git just removed the orc out of meta-openpli/recipes-devtools

The orc is enabled by gstreamer 0.1.36 I saw. And it did worked fine with the orc out off openembedded-core/recipes-devtools  orc_0.4.18

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users