• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Re: Vu clone attack #21 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,619 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 23 April 2014 - 20:32

And maybe a positive note about M7 as well: it's one of the few providers that actually honors the EU ruling that says that providers may not refuse you a subscription based on where you live.

And re: the topic: No, we haven't heard anything from VU+. And why would they? Their goal is to remove clones from the market. Now PLi does not and never has supported clones, but say for the sake of argument we did, would they warn us so we could warn the clone owners? Don't think so...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Vu clone attack #22 dirkjan73

• 304 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 23 April 2014 - 21:01

And maybe a positive note about M7 as well: it's one of the few providers that actually honors the EU ruling that says that providers may not refuse you a subscription based on where you live.

And re: the topic: No, we haven't heard anything from VU+. And why would they? Their goal is to remove clones from the market. Now PLi does not and never has supported clones, but say for the sake of argument we did, would they warn us so we could warn the clone owners? Don't think so...

@wanwizard thank u verry mutch,and that clears things up,but at the same time it frightens me now,maybe next time,they will put something in there,off course pure accidentaly,and my genuine device get bricked or broken,whom am i going to blame for this?Pli would say we only provide the software but the drivers come from VU,and VU would say the opposite....Who is going to pay for my genuine VU device without waranty?

Edited by dirkjan73, 23 April 2014 - 21:02.

Re: Vu clone attack #23 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,619 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 23 April 2014 - 21:04

Vendors adding measures in both hardware and software to prevent clone manufacturing is not new. And every vendor does it (or will do as soon as clones appear).

You can be pretty sure the vendor will make sure it's own genuine boxes are not affected, that would be extremely bad for business.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Vu clone attack #24 dirkjan73

• 304 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 23 April 2014 - 21:08

Yeah ure right,every company has to protect his income,but after this situation,from now on i am going to read all the comments before i am going to do a software update,and from now on,my VU DUO2 will sleep between me and my wife ;-)

Edited by dirkjan73, 23 April 2014 - 21:10.

Re: Vu clone attack #25 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 23 April 2014 - 21:14

.....from now on i am going to read all the comments before i am going to do a software update....

To what effect?

Re: Vu clone attack #26 dirkjan73

• 304 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 23 April 2014 - 21:28

.....from now on i am going to read all the comments before i am going to do a software update....

To what effect?

To study and learn more of this beautiful piece of software;-)

Re: Vu clone attack #27 theparasol

• 4,157 posts

+198
Excellent

Posted 23 April 2014 - 21:36

If the imitation box is broken beyond repair just tell the reseller to replace it or face the fact that a complaint will be filed for trading in counterfeit hardware.

@Camping: ZGemma H.2S, Technisat Multytenne 4-in-1 @Home: Edision Mini 4K, Wave Frontier T55, EMP Centauri EMP DiSEqC 8/1 switch, 4x Inverto Ultra Black single LNB

Re: Vu clone attack #28 dirkjan73

• 304 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 23 April 2014 - 21:55

@theparasol,like @wanwizard wisely said,piracy = piracy!Maybe its a couple of bucks cheaper but you wouldnt get the luxury like waranty or support fom original vendor,and if u buy a imitation then you have to calculate all this things.....

Re: Vu clone attack #29 shon

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:27

any*

again I say it's everybody's business, or you're freaky american who climbs into each a..?

Re: Vu clone attack #30 delavega

• 377 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:27

any*

again I say it's everybody's business, or you're freaky american who climbs into each a..?

Yea "everybody" -fail

Go lick clone maker balls genius there is no place for you here.

<p><span style="font-size:18px;"><span style="font-family:'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"><strong>Vu+ DUO 2</strong></span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:18px;"><span style="font-family:'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"><strong>Vu+ SOLO</strong></span></span>

Re: Vu clone attack #31 dirkjan73

• 304 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:55

I think @shon and @taboune must start another topic and continue their fight over there...This is going way off. topic like This ......if you are a pro or against clones thats ure right but try to respect the other ones vision about it!

Fact 1: people are and Will continuing buying clones,because they are cheaper,for studyin reasons or just for fun;

Fact 2: Genuine vendors Will try to stop This with virusses,timebombs or whatever;

Fact 3: PLi software is and Will be used on clones,even if PLi is not happy with this

So at the end it is a cat and mouse chase and i think this will be for a long time,off course till they closed the gates for clones or make them forbidden by law,

Re: Vu clone attack #32 malakudi

• 1,449 posts

+69
Good

Posted 24 April 2014 - 15:27

wanwizard thank u verry mutch,and that clears things up,but at the same time it frightens me now,maybe next time,they will put something in there,off course pure accidentaly,and my genuine device get bricked or broken,whom am i going to blame for this?Pli would say we only provide the software but the drivers come from VU,and VU would say the opposite....Who is going to pay for my genuine VU device without waranty?

OpenPLI comes with no warranty, either expressed or implied. Open source software comes with no warranty. You could stick with the original software that came with the STB if you start thinking that way. Or maybe don't bother buying STB that is supported by open source.

However, what you fear could happen with any STB, either closed or opensource.

Re: Vu clone attack #33 pop_eye

• 240 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 24 April 2014 - 19:33

How about not buying so called "opensourced" stbs at all ? This business has picked up on recent years because of the idea you can do anything with the

so called "opensourced" stb. Believe me or not especially with closed source drivers - you cannot :P

So by breaking the bubble , users finally realize that is all about selling closed source manufacturer chips and not about support...

IMO this is pity game between Vu+ manufacturer and their supplier of the chips.

Question: Why BCM is selling chips to cloners when they know their HW is going to be used for cloning genuine products ?

Answer: Because it is a lucrative business and highly profitable.

So the debate is of who is getting paid the most and who is suffering the most... :rolleyes:

There should not be any fear with real open sourced products. I know I am not afraid...

Edited by pop_eye, 24 April 2014 - 19:37.

Re: Vu clone attack #34 redblink

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 25 April 2014 - 17:04

Hi all,

It's my first post on this forum, but i'm an oldiest on the "sat".

Maybe the real fault isn't on end users.

The only fault whou them can have it -buying "clones".

But a clone cost 35£+wat+TAX no more than 50-55£ and "original" cost 130-140£.

The manufacturer are the same 99% of cases who produce "original" or "clones"

The market for "original" are drasticly decreased according to latest policy of SAT providers to stop piracy and card sharing.

Killng the clones won't increase selling from no one.

who loose? who won?

Only manufacturer.

End user are penalized on both way.

Maybe you are wright when you say -buy only originals.

But i'm think peoples of poor countries can not buy nothing even thi price for "originals" are half.
We talk about originals because we have around of 2000€ or more salary.

But on poor countries 75% have under 70€/month.

So we can tell them "be scotish" buing only expensive products.

I think not.

Re: Vu clone attack #35 delavega

• 377 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 25 April 2014 - 17:09

who gives a shit?

<p><span style="font-size:18px;"><span style="font-family:'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"><strong>Vu+ DUO 2</strong></span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:18px;"><span style="font-family:'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"><strong>Vu+ SOLO</strong></span></span>

Re: Vu clone attack #36 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,619 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 25 April 2014 - 17:34

And totally incorrect.

Clones are absolutely NOT manufactured by the same manufacturer as the original, and are absolutely NOT of the same quality.

Personally I don't give a toss if someone buys an fake LV bag for a very low price. But don't complain if you get picked up on the airport, or if the bottom drops out after using it once. And the same goes for STB's. Buy rubbish, get rubbish, stop compaining.

Re: Vu clone attack #37 hwads

• 197 posts

Neutral

Posted 25 April 2014 - 18:20

I bet you won't put cheap nasty tyres on your car, its not only the fact it might get bombed, but they not tested to local standards and could overheat and burn your house down.........

DM 8000 using Latest PLI.

Re: Vu clone attack #38 redblink

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 25 April 2014 - 18:44

Clones are "most wanted " because are ceapest.

I' didn't use a clone but i think it's not end user fault.

It's a unfair battle. 

DEv teams can't spit against "clone" manufacturers because they can have courage to pay lawers to defeat "original" products.

International laws can't get effect on China.

So they goes against end users.

But i say: even dev teams destruct all clones, they  can't increase selling of "originals".

It's rules market.

If i have no money i don't buy.

It's not my case i use original products because i can buy.

For others who can't buy ?

It's unfair to compare anvelope or aibags with s.r. clones. Everybody knows they can give soddisfaction at half price. It can't affect our life and our lives :)

I have my own bussines-i do service for pc, sat, phones and i saw manny products originals or not.

Some times a "clone" do it better like an "original".

From this war the only who can loose are the END USERS.

Why need to punish the end user?

Edited by redblink, 25 April 2014 - 18:47.

Re: Vu clone attack #39 malakudi

• 1,449 posts

+69
Good

Posted 25 April 2014 - 19:46

Clones of DMM were somehow "justified" because DMM was (and still does) selling with very high profit margins.

But buying a clone of VU+ Solo2, an STB that costs only 300-320 euros and is full featured (dual tuner/gigabit/fast cpu etc), is not justified at all. If you can afford buying a VU+ Solo2 clone (about 200 euros), you could buy an original receiver for that money.

Re: Vu clone attack #40 theparasol

• 4,157 posts

+198
Excellent

Posted 25 April 2014 - 19:51

The end user needs to punish their supplier in return. Replace the broken box or file a complaint!

But most wont do that since they bought the box due to its cheaper price and believed the fairytale that its beter or same as original manufacturer.

This kind of countermeasures of manufacturers are great due to the fact they harm clones that are pronounced as cheaper but same as original.

Its all about research and development. Clone manufactureres shameless relent on the efforts and money the original manufacturer put into the product.

Well, they even "steal" the hardware drivers for it. Thats unfair, they sell less and even original product owners are harmed since a cloned box is sold less and the original

manufacturer will put less support or abandon driver updates of models that are sold in smaller quantities or models that are cloned massively.

Since we now have freedom of brand: choose wisely but never buy a clone! 

@Camping: ZGemma H.2S, Technisat Multytenne 4-in-1 @Home: Edision Mini 4K, Wave Frontier T55, EMP Centauri EMP DiSEqC 8/1 switch, 4x Inverto Ultra Black single LNB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users