Photo

What is the utility of .sc and .ap files around .ts files in MoviePlayer?

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

Re: What is the utility of .sc and .ap files around .ts files in MoviePlayer? #21 Meega

• 3,000 posts

+51
Good

Posted 15 November 2014 - 10:01

Ok, thank you. What does exactly Enigma? The main menu to access the timer, the plugins, the parameters... are in Enigma or is it a plugin? MoviePlayer is in standard Enigma or is it a plugin? When OpenPli does all night improvements, it's only on the plugins?

And who works on Enigma?

Thank you :) .

Maby to understand Openpli a little better.

http://wiki.openpli.org/history

ET10000+ Openpli 6.1,1m schotel 4x duo-lnb op vaste opstelling.

Momolights teensy 2.0 met 50 leds op een string ,150 channels
DM8000 Openpli 6.1 Release

Re: What is the utility of .sc and .ap files around .ts files in MoviePlayer? #22 sjlouis

• 1,538 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 15 November 2014 - 10:17

Ok I will read it later (I'm not easy in English).

Vu+ Ultimo 4K - OpenPli 8.3

Xtrend ET9200 - OpenPli 6.2

Re: What is the utility of .sc and .ap files around .ts files in MoviePlayer? #23 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 15 November 2014 - 15:09

BTW I am suggesting to put the video and audio streams into another container, it's very light on the cpu, it shouldn't take more than a few minutes. It's a completely other thing than re-encoding/transcoding. Mkvtoolnix has a nice GUI to do it.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: What is the utility of .sc and .ap files around .ts files in MoviePlayer? #24 sjlouis

• 1,538 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 15 November 2014 - 18:24

Ok I think I will try it.

Re: What is the utility of .sc and .ap files around .ts files in MoviePlayer? #25 sjlouis

• 1,538 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:18

I will have to inspect Mkvtoolnix because I've tried it and I obtain only a .mka file which is only audio. Ok it will be convenient if I record a music channel but it wasn't the initial goal.

And do you know if it's possible to have the informations about the movie as we have is the .eit file?

Thank you :)

Re: What is the utility of .sc and .ap files around .ts files in MoviePlayer? #26 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 18 November 2014 - 12:44

Hmm, interesting yes, I guess you forgot the add the video track ;)

The eit file doesn't mean anything to mkvmerge, unfortunately.

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: What is the utility of .sc and .ap files around .ts files in MoviePlayer? #27 sjlouis

• 1,538 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 18 November 2014 - 12:54

Yes I've seen there wasn't the video track but I don't know why there isn't. I add the .ts file and there is no video track :wacko: . It did it for 3 different files :blink: .

I tried with a fourth file, there is video track MPEG-1/2 but it ends in error with message "MPEG-2 before trying to mutiplex it".

I'm lost with this product.

Re: What is the utility of .sc and .ap files around .ts files in MoviePlayer? #28 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 18 November 2014 - 12:55

Ah, I think you have an old version that doesn't handle transport streams very well. Pity.

Re: What is the utility of .sc and .ap files around .ts files in MoviePlayer? #29 sjlouis

• 1,538 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 18 November 2014 - 13:28

I've downloaded it this night, this is the 7.3.0 for Windows 7 32 bits.

Re: What is the utility of .sc and .ap files around .ts files in MoviePlayer? #30 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 18 November 2014 - 14:15

That sounds quite new.

I have convert a lot of transport streams using mkvtoolnix, and it really should just work. What program are you using, mmg?

Re: What is the utility of .sc and .ap files around .ts files in MoviePlayer? #31 sjlouis

• 1,538 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 18 November 2014 - 14:45

I've seen it's mkvmerge. I have clicked on "Download mkvtoolnix" and it's mkvmerge even if it seems it's the same product.

Re: What is the utility of .sc and .ap files around .ts files in MoviePlayer? #32 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 18 November 2014 - 19:48

Mkvtoolnix is a suite of utilities for mkv manipulation. Mkvmerge is the tool to create/change mkv files and mmg is the graphical front end to it. I don't think many people will use mkvmerge from the command line, it's quite tricky (but logical, once you grasped it).

Re: What is the utility of .sc and .ap files around .ts files in MoviePlayer? #33 sjlouis

• 1,538 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 18 November 2014 - 20:04

Ok, there is an error is the download tool as you can see even if you don't understand French  ;)  :

http://www.clubic.co...mkvtoolnix.html

Thank you, i will try again :) .

Re: What is the utility of .sc and .ap files around .ts files in MoviePlayer? #34 sjlouis

• 1,538 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 18 November 2014 - 21:06

Is there an interest to keep mkvmerge or can I delete it?

Re: What is the utility of .sc and .ap files around .ts files in MoviePlayer? #35 sjlouis

• 1,538 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 19 November 2014 - 12:06

I've done another download and in fact it loads mkvmerge and Mkvtoolnix beta. It's the same thing than mkvmerge with less functions ant when it accepts to work, it does the same thing than mkvmerge. I don't know if this version 7.3.0 is bad :wacko: .

Perhaps I will try to download it later.

Re: What is the utility of .sc and .ap files around .ts files in MoviePlayer? #36 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 19 November 2014 - 13:55

Ok, there is an error is the download tool as you can see even if you don't understand French  ;)  :

http://www.clubic.co...mkvtoolnix.html

Thank you, i will try again :) .

The writers of the article apparently didn't fully understand how and what mkvtoolnix is ;) And by the way I've had five years of French education, I can read this article just fine :)

This is the official site: https://www.bunkus.o...ools/mkvtoolnix

Re: What is the utility of .sc and .ap files around .ts files in MoviePlayer? #37 diocane

• 13 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 November 2014 - 15:08

i found no utility at all, i delete those files with cron every day

Re: What is the utility of .sc and .ap files around .ts files in MoviePlayer? #38 sjlouis

• 1,538 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 19 November 2014 - 16:11

It's exactly the same product with the same problems. Is it sufficient to add the .ts file or does I have to add the other files (.sc, .ap, .eit)?

Do you use the last version 7.3.0?

For diocane, the .eit is convenient to have the informations about the movie, the summary is very interesting. For the other file, I don't know what they do.

Re: What is the utility of .sc and .ap files around .ts files in MoviePlayer? #39 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 19 November 2014 - 17:13

.Ap and .sc files are a DMM invention, they don't adhere to any standard, so mkvmerge doesn't know what to do with them.

Can you try with a recording from a different service (something simple with one video track and one audio track)? As said before I've had this working, but haven't used it for some time.

Re: What is the utility of .sc and .ap files around .ts files in MoviePlayer? #40 sjlouis

• 1,538 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 19 November 2014 - 20:58

I've recorded a lot of files on my disk and I've tried with 8 files and it never sees the video track, only the audio tracks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users