• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Re: Good alternative to OpenPLI ? #41 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,625 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 21 December 2014 - 19:25

Why this thread was not closed or moved into Lounge ? It is nothing about support ...

When you wants to buy new TV, do you writing f.eg. to Sony and do you want answer, what mark to buy, because Sony is no longer good for you ? 

Kdo nic nedělá, nic nezkazí!

Re: Good alternative to OpenPLI ? #42 Marc-UK

• 39 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 22 December 2014 - 00:03

The guy is talking about hours to fix his bricked box... Whats he doing with it that takes hours? Talk to the box to get things running spontanious again?

...Like flashing a working backup back is something like a 5 minutes job!

I did not mean to hurt anyone's feeling.

When I say "hours", I mean "hours". Although it did not happen to me, because I follow the forum, I read that some recent update bricked some DM second stage and the only workaround is to use a serial cable (which I don't have) and some DMM driver on a Windows PC (I use a Mac). So in such a case, yes, it would take hours to go to the store and purchase a USB to serial cable, install some stupid driver on an old Windows PC (the only Windows machine I still have) and then perform the restore operation.

In the case of today's update, it effectively took me only a few minutes to flash a new image which automatically retrieved the settings I had backed up before. In fact, it took longer to reboot than to reflash :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users