VU+ Zero

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#1 maveric

• 126 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 6 December 2014 - 20:58

In there any Openpli image coming for VU+ Zero ?

Blackhole, OpenATV and VTI has it

Edited by maveric, 6 December 2014 - 20:58.

Re: VU+ Zero #2 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,470 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 6 December 2014 - 21:03

http://forums.openpl...-vu-zero-image/

on the Glassfibre 1GB DVB-C...

Re: VU+ Zero #3 maveric

• 126 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 6 December 2014 - 22:40

Okey thanx

Why is the search function not working ?

Do you know anything more?

There is no answer in the other 2 treads

Re: VU+ Zero #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,311 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 6 December 2014 - 22:44

Might be because of the +.

The problem with the Zero is the same as with all VU+ boxes at the moment. The drivers are compiled with an antique build environment, or in other words, OpenPLi is too new. Other images are either derived from an old DMM image, or from the original VU+ image (which in turn is derived from an old DMM image), and they don't have that problem.

We're currently working with the VU+ developers to get this sorted, and there's a lot of progress, so I expect good news soon (also for the other VU+ boxes).

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: VU+ Zero #5 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,470 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 6 December 2014 - 23:04

Just zero as search option gives no results

Re: VU+ Zero #6 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,311 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 6 December 2014 - 23:08

IP.Board's search function sucks, we can agree on that. Replacing it by Google custom search is on the todo list.

In the meantime: Google for "zero site:forums.openpli.org"

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: VU+ Zero #7 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 7 December 2014 - 08:51

Other images are either derived from an old DMM image, or from the original VU+ image (which in turn is derived from an old DMM image), and they don't have that problem.

It has been stated before, but since you repeat this I'll do the same: several images use a newer build-environment than PLi and were able to build images for all 'new kernel' VU's from the day the drivers/kernels were released (albeit it was a lot of work).
So that is clearly not the reason.

Edited by SatKiekerd, 7 December 2014 - 08:54.

Re: VU+ Zero #8 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 7 December 2014 - 09:10

Having said that there might be considerations you don't know of (nor you need to know of) so for the moment just accept the answer.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: VU+ Zero #9 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 7 December 2014 - 09:16

Of course I accept the answer, but not the reason given by WanWizard.

Re: VU+ Zero #10 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,470 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 7 December 2014 - 13:36

It is like it is, you have to live with it

Re: VU+ Zero #11 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,311 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 7 December 2014 - 13:46

It's a discussion that leads nowhere.

Obviously you can have a 21st century car, and bolt the gearbox of a Model-T onto it.  And given enough effort that will probably work. Question is why would you want to, if it's obviously better to have a modern gearbox. Everyone can make that decision for themselfs, and we don't really care what others decide.

It's our point of view (like it or not) that the manufacturer should modernize, not that the garage/mechanic should work with and around the antique components supplied.

The manufacturer finally seems to agree with us, and we're working closely with them to get this sorted. And when that happens, we can support the new hardware, and switch to the latest drivers on the other boxes.

Re: VU+ Zero #12 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 7 December 2014 - 16:58

It's our point of view (like it or not) that the manufacturer should modernize,

Yes, I do like that. And I do agree.

The manufacturer finally seems to agree with us,

They agreed with that exactly 12 months ago but it took/takes them 'a little while' to implement that agreement.

Re: VU+ Zero #13 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 7 December 2014 - 17:06

That's the part where you don't know all the details and don't have to know.

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: VU+ Zero #14 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 7 December 2014 - 17:43

Well "They agreed with that exactly 12 months ago" is the part I know of and "but it took/takes them 'a little while' to implement that agreement" is the part that is quite obvious after waiting 12 month :)

Re: VU+ Zero #15 dax

• 228 posts

Neutral

Posted 8 December 2014 - 16:01

We're currently working with the VU+ developers to get this sorted, and there's a lot of progress, so I expect good news soon (also for the other VU+ boxes).

The manufacturer finally seems to agree with us, and we're working closely with them to get this sorted. And when that happens, we can support the new hardware, and switch to the latest drivers on the other boxes.

In my opinion... Two great news!!!

Re: VU+ Zero #16 RotaC

• 6 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 December 2014 - 05:37

We are glad to announce that VU+ has been added to our line-up of manufacturers that support OpenPLi with a so-called BSP layer. This means amongst others: up to date DVB drivers / Linux kernels on VU+ receivers and official OpenPLi images for the SoloSE and Zero models. Due to the vast amount of changes to the VU+ images, we strongly recommend, for every VU+ model, to do a clean flash with an image from today or newer. We cannot give support on VU+ receivers that only have heen upgraded after today.

Edited by RotaC, 20 December 2014 - 05:37.

Re: VU+ Zero #17 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 20 December 2014 - 09:09

The SoloSE and Zero models are not yet being build, though. I expect to have that working today, but no guarantees.

Re: VU+ Zero #18 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5,784 posts

+186
Excellent

Posted 20 December 2014 - 09:14

Can I assume that Vu has finally left the old building enviroment?

Hardware: Vu+ Uno 4K SE - Vu+ Duo 4K  - Fuba 78 cm - Tripleblock LNB Quad 19.2/23.5/28.2 - DS918+
Software : OpenPLi - OSCam - Settings van Hans - Autotimer - EPGImport

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember: Upvote with the rep_up.png button for any user/post you find to be helpful, informative, or deserving of recognition!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki

Note: I do not provide support via PM !.

Re: VU+ Zero #19 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 20 December 2014 - 09:39

No, not necessarily. The big difference is that VU+ now supplies us with VU+ specifics (drivers, kernel, etc) in a format we can integrate directly (and automatically) into our building environment. So what VU+ does for their own building environment is no longer relevant. Most of the other manufacturers already did this, by the way.

Re: VU+ Zero #20 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5,784 posts

+186
Excellent

Posted 20 December 2014 - 09:49

Not starting the discussion about blindly wanting to install the newest drivers (as most people IMHO really just update to update), apart from that it's good to hear they swifted ;)

Hardware: Vu+ Uno 4K SE - Vu+ Duo 4K  - Fuba 78 cm - Tripleblock LNB Quad 19.2/23.5/28.2 - DS918+
Software : OpenPLi - OSCam - Settings van Hans - Autotimer - EPGImport

Remember: Upvote with the rep_up.png button for any user/post you find to be helpful, informative, or deserving of recognition!

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki

Note: I do not provide support via PM !.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users