Blindscan for all models

• Please log in to reply
267 replies to this topic

Re: Blindscan for all models #181 MCelliotG

• 443 posts

+35
Good

Posted 10 March 2019 - 18:54

I didn't talk about imposing but an automated way to set SR limits per tuner. In any case, the user is allowed to change the limits manually.

Let's say Availink's delsys returns 0-60, Silabs 0-80 and BCMxxxx 2-45. What would be ideal is that these limits be set automatically, and if the user for some reason wants to change them manually, they have the liberty to do so.

This will also set a bar for any future tuner, who knows maybe one day there will be a new tuner that can range from -10 to 1 million.... Blindscan should detect the limits automatically.

Of course everything is a suggestion, and an idea, the doable part is another story...

Re: Blindscan for all models #182 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,258 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 10 March 2019 - 19:34

I said before we need a way to get the real practical limits... you came with delsys and now it seems also they are still somehow not true...
With a spectrum analyzer if you at it on your box on the ui you can select a peak and the tune-in.... just a blind scan on that peak with some rollerances and by bandwidth a limited min max symbol rate... that will be real fun. I’m still hoping a manufacturer will make this possible! In the past the realbox was capable of doing this.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Blindscan for all models #183 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,244 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 10 March 2019 - 20:50

In any case, the user is allowed to change the limits manually. Let's say Availink's delsys returns 0-60, Silabs 0-80 and BCMxxxx 2-45. What would be ideal is that these limits be set automatically, and if the user for some reason wants to change them manually, they have the liberty to do so.

If you use the OE-A version you enter the SR and this is remembered for next time you open the plugin. In the PLi version the plugin opens on the config defaults and these are not saved.

I said before we need a way to get the real practical limits... you came with delsys and now it seems also they are still somehow not true...
With a spectrum analyzer if you at it on your box on the ui you can select a peak and the tune-in.... just a blind scan on that peak with some rollerances and by bandwidth a limited min max symbol rate... that will be real fun. I’m still hoping a manufacturer will make this possible! In the past the realbox was capable of doing this.

That is pretty much how the current plugin works except there is no graph. You tell the plugin the frequency, upper and lower symbol rate and a few other params and it returns transport streams that match those params. Then you select the ones you want to scan and enigma scans them for channels.

Re: Blindscan for all models #184 weirdo

• 21 posts

Neutral

Posted 10 March 2019 - 20:51

I remember years ago there was a fellow by the name of Charles Putney that made a Spectrum analyzer that worked on the Relook 400S.

Would it be possible by the gurus here to adapt this to work on other boxes?    https://sites.google...pectrumanalyzer

At the risk of sounding repetitious, has anyone looked at this? The Relook400s was a linux based box so it  might not be that hard to adapt?

Re: Blindscan for all models #185 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,258 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 10 March 2019 - 21:06

In any case, the user is allowed to change the limits manually. Let's say Availink's delsys returns 0-60, Silabs 0-80 and BCMxxxx 2-45. What would be ideal is that these limits be set automatically, and if the user for some reason wants to change them manually, they have the liberty to do so.

If you use the OE-A version you enter the SR and this is remembered for next time you open the plugin. In the PLi version the plugin opens on the config defaults and these are not saved.

That is pretty much how the current plugin works except there is no graph. You tell the plugin the frequency, upper and lower symbol rate and a few other params and it returns transport streams that match those params. Then you select the ones you want to scan and enigma scans them for channels.
I’m afraid you don’t understand that it is totally different... blindscan gives you after a while a list of found transponder... the spectrum a analyzer gives you a graph where the user can select transponders in one view... and based on the pattern a human can just select the new/interesting ones.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Blindscan for all models #186 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,258 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 10 March 2019 - 21:07

Remember the last SRs should be an easy change to the blindscan plugin.

Re: Blindscan for all models #187 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,244 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 10 March 2019 - 21:14

I’m afraid you don’t understand that it is totally different... blindscan gives you after a while a list of found transponder... the spectrum a analyzer gives you a graph where the user can select transponders in one view... and based on the pattern a human can just select the new/interesting ones.

I do understand. I have a spectrum analyzer. You just superimpose the old graph over the new one and the differences are clear straight away. The problem for us is we need the writers of the closed source code to provide us with a binary executable that can do this.

Re: Blindscan for all models #188 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,258 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 10 March 2019 - 21:25

yep the manufacturers need to help here... and as long we love blindscan they will create blindscan and not something that is better....

Re: Blindscan for all models #189 zinonino

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 April 2019 - 03:56

Zgemma h7 add support in driver for blindscan, when will be include in pli ?

Re: Blindscan for all models #190 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,258 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 17 April 2019 - 06:47

Bsp layer... so zgemma should actually do it

Re: Blindscan for all models #191 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 9,992 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 17 April 2019 - 07:57

h7: add blindscan

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: Blindscan for all models #192 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,258 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 17 April 2019 - 09:36

This means it will come in 7.1/8.0...

Re: Blindscan for all models #193 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 17 April 2019 - 10:05

That BSP is already in develop, so it will be part of the upcoming 7.1-release.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Blindscan for all models #194 MCelliotG

• 443 posts

+35
Good

Posted 17 April 2019 - 10:38

So, Zgemma H7 added blindscan, I find it odd for other receivers using the very same hardware like HD51 not to!

Re: Blindscan for all models #195 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 17 April 2019 - 10:59

It is up to the manufacturer, maybe Mutant feels differently. Or can't be bothered.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Blindscan for all models #196 MCelliotG

• 443 posts

+35
Good

Posted 17 April 2019 - 12:00

Of course, it's just an observation. I had contacted WTE and he told me that Mutant never advertised blindscan anyway. However they never advertised the DVB-S2X tuner capability either, when the initial HD51 boxes were released they were equipped with a normal DVB-S2 tuner, Silabs was added later either as a pluggable tuner or already pre-installed for selling (this combo I bought myself). So, they added Multistream support without advertising either, so not adding blindscan was simply too neglectful of their part.

Let's hope they add it, although I doubt it.

Zgemma after three years almost on release now makes them hold a candle...

Re: Blindscan for all models #197 diyjeb

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 April 2019 - 21:55

Hello, first and foremost, thank you for adding the blind scan function to the firmware. Its a great feature to have.

Will the blind scan plugin be able to work with user defined LNB settings?

I have a ku band satellite dish with an Invacom Qph-031 Quad Polar LNB (circular & linear).

The local oscillator settings we use in North America are shown below.

LOF1: 10750 linear (ku band 11700-12200)

LOF2: 11250 circular (ku band 12200-12700)

Receiver: Zgemma H7.AC

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help and of course always willing to test changes.

Re: Blindscan for all models #198 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,244 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 20 April 2019 - 14:44

No. It is currently not possible. User defined lamb's in blindscan are sing band.

Re: Blindscan for all models #199 el bandido

• 363 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 20 April 2019 - 19:21

Hello, first and foremost, thank you for adding the blind scan function to the firmware. Its a great feature to have.

Will the blind scan plugin be able to work with user defined LNB settings?

I have a ku band satellite dish with an Invacom Qph-031 Quad Polar LNB (circular & linear).

The local oscillator settings we use in North America are shown below.

LOF1: 10750 linear (ku band 11700-12200)

LOF2: 11250 circular (ku band 12200-12700)

Receiver: Zgemma H7.AC

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help and of course always willing to test changes.

This lnb will work fine on other enigma2 receivers that have the standard blindscan, but you need to treat it as two separate lnbs instead of trying to make it into one. Huevos went to the trouble to add the 11250 l.o. capability, but this will not apply to Zgemma today.

Looks like Zgemma is also using a different version of blindscan than most other receivers that have this capability. Right now, I do not think c band is supported in the  Zgemma, and I doubt 10750 l.o. is either. Will be interesting to see how this works out over time.

Re: Blindscan for all models #200 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,244 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 21 April 2019 - 10:28

Thanks El Bandido for pointing that out.

Zgemma uses dmmBlindScan.py and the binary code is built in to its drivers. That means all the great features of this plugin (such as the filters) are not available to Zgemma users.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users