• Please log in to reply
267 replies to this topic

Re: Blindscan for all models #41 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 16 January 2015 - 21:21

Wierd filter not good data at 835.... So in fact the hole basic of blindscan is a bit mess...... :(
I also read that you sometimes need to restart your box :( the plugin comes with that warning befor you start the blindscan....
Can I suggest eben in its latesf release it is not really stable....

but still we should go for e2openpligins.... Or at least post that specific ipk om our 3rd party feeds....

As far I know for us dmm is likely almost not possible as I suggest they put the binary in their closed source enigma2 binary....

Are there sources availabld from these binaries...?

Edited by littlesat, 16 January 2015 - 21:24.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Blindscan for all models #42 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 9,967 posts

+335
Excellent

Posted 16 January 2015 - 21:24

root@et9x00:~# opkg list *blindscan*
dreambox-blindscan-utils - 1.7-r1.3 - Utilities needed to do transponder blindscan with dreambox dvb receivers
 Utilities needed to do transponder blindscan with dreambox dvb receivers.
enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-blindscan - 1.4 - Blind scan satellites for new transponders, only ET and VU+ models.
et-blindscan-dvbs-utils-dev - 1.0-r7.14 - et-blindscan-dvbs-utils version 1.0-r7 - Development files  Utils for
 DVB-S blindscan  This package contains symbolic links, header   files,
 and related items necessary for software development.
root@et9x00:~#

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: Blindscan for all models #43 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 16 January 2015 - 21:26

So they are in our feeds.... . Only thr name is not enigma2-plugin-extensions... Or systemplugins....

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Blindscan for all models #44 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,231 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 16 January 2015 - 21:30

F1/F3 ET8000/8500/10000/7x00 is no blindscan support.

Just waiting for a binary. Hardware is capable.

Re: Blindscan for all models #45 athoik

• PLi® Core member
  • 8,458 posts

+327
Excellent

Posted 16 January 2015 - 21:31

Blindscan utils are not the latest ones. 1.9 is latest. I'll post a patch for it.

As i said before python part is still open in DMM image. So maybe someone more experienced can have a look! It would be great for DMM with Open Source forks...
Wavefield T90: 0.8W - 1.9E - 4.8E - 13E - 16E - 19.2E - 23.5E - 26E - 33E - 39E - 42E - 45E on EMP Centauri DiseqC 16/1
Unamed: 13E Quattro - 9E Quattro on IKUSI MS-0916

Re: Blindscan for all models #46 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,231 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 16 January 2015 - 21:34

Wierd filter not good data at 835.... So in fact the hole basic of blindscan is a bit mess...... :(
I also read that you sometimes need to restart your box :( the plugin comes with that warning befor you start the blindscan....
Can I suggest eben in its latesf release it is not really stable....

Littlesat, I don't know what you are saying. I don't know about any warning to restart in our version and that is 100% stable. And the filter is because sometimes the binary outputs rubbish. If there were no filter there would be a BSoD. But that is not a fault with the plugin. It would happen with any plugin that used that binary.

Edited by Huevos, 16 January 2015 - 21:37.

Re: Blindscan for all models #47 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 16 January 2015 - 21:54

So the binaries from the manufacturers are sometimes "spokey" so we need work-a-rounds to avoid gsod...?
It is as it is :) but it seems that blindscan is one big kind of work-a-round...

This still does not mean we should have the plugin as best as possibld...

But are there somewhere sources available from these binaries..?....

Re: Blindscan for all models #48 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,231 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 16 January 2015 - 22:13

So[...].

But are there somewhere sources available from these binaries..?....

I doubt it. All the STB manufacturers would have sign no disclosure agreements with tuner manufacturers.

And by the way, personally I like blindscan much better than using my spectrum analyzer.

Edited by Huevos, 16 January 2015 - 22:15.

Re: Blindscan for all models #49 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 16 January 2015 - 23:09

For finding feeds a spectrum analyzer is the best you can get.... ;)

Re: Blindscan for all models #50 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 17 January 2015 - 09:06

So the binaries from the manufacturers are sometimes "spokey" so we need work-a-rounds to avoid gsod...?
It is as it is :) but it seems that blindscan is one big kind of work-a-round...

The VU+ blindscan binary is notorious for giving completely bogus output every now and then.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Blindscan for all models #51 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 17 January 2015 - 09:07

@dima73, the reason I want the original source and not the package is that the sources in the package lack the build tools (makefile.am etc.). This also made merging your mod packages quite difficult.

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Blindscan for all models #52 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,231 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 17 January 2015 - 09:08

A spectrum just shows signal peaks. For that to be useful you need to be able to superimpose older spectrum images over the current one.

And even when you do find a new transponder you still need to be able to retrieve the modulation, symbol rate and fec from that transponder and that requires a blind scan tuner (either in the analyser or seperately). My analyser has both these features but you are talking 2000 euro for that machine. That is hardly practical for a casual user that is trying to find a few new transponders. And even if it were you still have all the trouble of manually transfering those parameters from the analyser to the STB.

Re: Blindscan for all models #53 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,231 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 17 January 2015 - 09:21

@dima73, the reason I want the original source and not the package is that the sources in the package lack the build tools (makefile.am etc.). This also made merging your mod packages quite difficult.

Erik, the attached file is the source (modified by Dima 73 from the OE-A code), after the Solo2 was added. The license is here, https://github.com/o...3/Blindscan/src

Attached Files

Edited by Huevos, 17 January 2015 - 09:21.

Re: Blindscan for all models #54 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 17 January 2015 - 09:28

Thanks Huevos, I will take care of it. May take a while though before it's finished.

Re: Blindscan for all models #55 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 17 January 2015 - 09:56

I know off topic.... But a good discussion...

Making a spectrum analyzer with a tuner is not expensive...
And to find new transponders you can put a reference on top of it
then you can select a peak... And (blind) tune into the specific transponder...

I know is feature from the dr. HD box and there it is working as a charm. And with this feature you can really find new transponders and especially feeds very easily...

I's still hoping we sometimes get drivers that might support this.... Even having the outer fec, the only signal indicator which no E2 box gives is for me a bit of pain...

Re: Blindscan for all models #56 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,231 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 17 January 2015 - 16:40

I [...] Making a spectrum analyzer with a tuner is not expensive...
And to find new transponders you can put a reference on top of it
then you can select a peak... And (blind) tune into the specific transponder...

I know is feature from the dr. HD box and there it is working as a charm. And with this feature you can really find new transponders and especially feeds very easily...

You would need a receiver that can measure gross signal. Also, software would need to be able to switch off auto-gain-control (AGC). Then you'd have to step through every frequency to find the lowest gross signal (to use as your floor value) and then map every other frequency against that value. And when you find signal peaks you would still need a blind scan capable tuner to be able to decode the transponder parameters.

And regarding Dr HD, even if you spot something on that spectrum you still need to do a blindscan to reveal the channels.

BTW, blindscan sometimes finds transponders that are too weak to show on the spectrum. Or don't show because they are between high powered DTH transponders.

Also, spectrum shows all signal peaks, not just 8PSK/QPSK ones that the STB is capable of receiving.

Edited by Huevos, 17 January 2015 - 16:43.

Re: Blindscan for all models #57 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 17 January 2015 - 18:11

You would need a receiver that can measure gross signal. 

how do you think blindscan does work???

[/quote]

And regarding Dr HD, even if you spot something on that spectrum you still need to do a blindscan to reveal the channels.

[/quote]

Agree... but only (close to ) the frequency you did select.

BTW, blindscan sometimes finds transponders that are too weak to show on the spectrum. Or don't show because they are between high powered DTH transponders.

Not with a good spectrum analyzer and/or could spectrum analyzer configuration.... 

Also, spectrum shows all signal peaks, not just 8PSK/QPSK ones that the STB is capable of receiving.

This gives me a feeling you do not understand how 8PSK/QPSK transponders are seen on a spectrum analyzer....

Re: Blindscan for all models #58 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,231 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 17 January 2015 - 18:45

This gives me a feeling you do not understand how 8PSK/QPSK transponders are seen on a spectrum analyzer....

I've got a complete understanding... It's my job to understand. Spectrum measures signal. Modulation is irrelevant to spectrum.

But to tune a transponder modulation is very relevant, and needs to compatible with the hardware/software of the device decoding it.

Re: Blindscan for all models #59 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 17 January 2015 - 18:48

Modulation is irrelevant to spectrum.

This is not true....   ;) I see clearly a difference when AM or FM is used or a digital signal...  To recognize 8PSK/QPSK you better can use something different....

And regards the tuner... blindscan tuners do not need modulation type (8PSK/QPSK) system (DVB-S1/2), FEC and filtering as parameter... Only frequency, polarization, band and symbolrate is relevant... No need to see the modulation type,,,

But we cannot build a spectrum analyzer with the current boxes... The only method we have to find transponders without a prepared list is the blindscan.... which is in fact really blind.... ;) (But I do not want to say here it is useless... I mean you give two frequencies, a symbol rate set, start, wait, and get a list of transponderparameters....)

Edited by littlesat, 17 January 2015 - 18:55.

Re: Blindscan for all models #60 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,231 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 17 January 2015 - 19:05

This is not true....   ;) I see clearly a difference when AM or FM is used or a digital signal..

That is not what I mean. Yes, signal peaks analogue/digital have slightly different shapes... but there is no way you could tell the difference between QPSK/8PSK/16APSK by looking at spectrum output. The only difference you can see is the width of the signal peak. Wider indicates a higher symbol. But to know the parameters you still need a tuner capable of demodulating the signal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users