• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

Re: Outdated timezones #21 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,796 posts

+1,743
Excellent

Posted 6 April 2015 - 18:25

That's an E1 file. We haven't build any E1 images in ages...

And that XML file only contains timezone names, no timezone info at all. It is the OS that deals with timezones, and OpenPLi 4 is virtually up to date (it is one update behind, which will be corrected with the next OE update).

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Outdated timezones #22 Taapat

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,345 posts

+121
Excellent

Posted 6 April 2015 - 18:33

@WanWizard in  E2 Components/Timezones use /etc/timezone.xml to set the time zone. http://sourceforge.n...imezones.py#l13

But I do not know from where comes this file in the image.

Re: Outdated timezones #23 Taapat

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,345 posts

+121
Excellent

Posted 6 April 2015 - 18:40

If in this file is missing some zone, or it contains incorrect zone= it's not possible to set the correct time without problems.

Should be used other zone to have correct change, or not change to the winter/summer time.

Edited by Taapat, 6 April 2015 - 18:40.

Re: Outdated timezones #24 crazyyyk

• 24 posts

Neutral

Posted 6 April 2015 - 19:13

If in this file is missing some zone, or it contains incorrect zone= it's not possible to set the correct time without problems.

It seems like nobody cares. The best option is to edit tomezone.xml by yourself... 

But if openpli don't update this file may be it will be better to remove it from tuxbox-common package? Then the file won't be overwritten with upcoming updates of sattelite.xml...

Re: Outdated timezones #25 crazyyyk

• 24 posts

Neutral

Posted 6 April 2015 - 19:19

That's an E1 file. We haven't build any E1 images in ages...

Are you sure?

It is absolutely the same as timezones.xml in the latest openpli release...

Re: Outdated timezones #26 Taapat

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,345 posts

+121
Excellent

Posted 6 April 2015 - 19:24

But from where openpli to update this file if you have not specified exactly what needs to correct?

Only if you offer fixes, but they are ignored, only then can you say that nobody cares.
You write that the file is wrong, but what need to correct you do not offer.

Of course, if the file comes from OE which openpli not maintained, then the most likely nothing will change.

Re: Outdated timezones #27 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,796 posts

+1,743
Excellent

Posted 6 April 2015 - 22:59

I'm not a dev, so I can't comment on anything in the code. I can only see that the link points to the E1 cdk image (old 500, 7000).

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Outdated timezones #28 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,049 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 7 April 2015 - 12:18

If I understand correctly the problem is not about a timezone missing or incorrect.

The problem is that you want to disable the "daylight saving time" feature for your zone?
Real musicians never die - they just decompose

Re: Outdated timezones #29 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 7 April 2015 - 14:56

That may be a property of your time zone, but then it won't be called "GMT+1".

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Outdated timezones #30 crazyyyk

• 24 posts

Neutral

Posted 7 April 2015 - 15:18

If I understand correctly the problem is not about a timezone missing or incorrect.

The problem is that you want to disable the "daylight saving time" feature for your zone?

I want to set timezone that missing in timezones.xml and missing in /usr/share/zoneinfo

I can install package  tzdata-europe, but it only adds my timezone to /usr/share/zoneinfo

And I have to edit timezones.xml every time after update tuxbox-common package.

My timezone is /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Samara (GMT+4 without daylight saving time)

Re: Outdated timezones #31 gladiat

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 7 April 2015 - 16:02

I think it is a problem of incoorect timezone

When I choose the timezone GMT+1 West Central Africa (while I am in Algeria where Time Zne in Unix systemms is TZ-Algiers GMT+1 all the year without daylight saving)

the time displayed is 3 PM, while it should display 4 PM while it is 3 PM GMT

Re: Outdated timezones #32 Taapat

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,345 posts

+121
Excellent

Posted 7 April 2015 - 16:48

So for crazyyyk need to add:

<zone name="(GMT+04:00) Samara" zone="Europe/Samara" />

for gladiat:

<zone name="(GMT+01:00) Algeria" zone="Africa/Algiers" />

When started this topic I for myself make some changes in my timezones.xml. I can see that in many locations are used the same time zone (for example Istanbul). While in these countries due to political reasons time zones have not been changed, everything is ok, but I tried change to one of those cities, that are in the settings:

<zone name="(GMT+02:00) Riga, Tallinn, Vilnius" zone="Europe/Riga" />

If someone is interested here's my corrected timezones.xml in witch I also add Samara and Algeria: https://bitbucket.or...e.xml?at=master

Re: Outdated timezones #33 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,796 posts

+1,743
Excellent

Posted 7 April 2015 - 16:51

It should not be too difficult to generate the XML, so it's always up to date?

The fact that it's in a the cdk repo probably doesn't help, nobody looks in there for files still being used. We still have the same issue with the satellites.xml.

Re: Outdated timezones #34 crazyyyk

• 24 posts

Neutral

Posted 7 April 2015 - 18:14

I  already added it, but it will be replaced in the next update. Hope openpli will add your changes in timezones.xml + files in /usr/share/zoneinfo

Re: Outdated timezones #35 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 7 April 2015 - 18:20

If we collect all additions in this topic, we can merge them all in one go in the svn.

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Outdated timezones #36 gladiat

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 8 April 2015 - 11:35

for gladiat:

<zone name="(GMT+01:00) Algeria" zone="Africa/Algiers" />

When started this topic I for myself make some changes in my timezones.xml. I can see that in many locations are used the same time zone (for example Istanbul). While in these countries due to political reasons time zones have not been changed, everything is ok, but I tried change to one of those cities, that are in the settings:

<zone name="(GMT+02:00) Riga, Tallinn, Vilnius" zone="Europe/Riga" />

If someone is interested here's my corrected timezones.xml in witch I also add Samara and Algeria: https://bitbucket.or...e.xml?at=master

Hello

Should we just edit the timezone.xml file, what about /usr/share/zoneinfo that contains directories for each corrsponding timezone and with a binary file inside?

Edited by gladiat, 8 April 2015 - 11:36.

Re: Outdated timezones #37 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,086 posts

+258
Excellent

Posted 8 April 2015 - 14:54

Hi,

May be those link can help you figure out what happens with the timezone and DST. Some countries also decide to stop DST.

http://www.worldtimezone.com/dst_news/

And especially this one:

http://www.worldtime...s_russia66.html

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Outdated timezones #38 crazyyyk

• 24 posts

Neutral

Posted 12 April 2015 - 09:25

Why do you move timezone.xml to enigma2 package? Before I just delete tuxbox-common package and edit timezone.xml for myself. Now I should replace timezone.xml every time I update my box. I think if you move timezone.xml to enigma2 package you should actualize timezones!

Re: Outdated timezones #39 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,626 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 12 April 2015 - 09:32

When will be timezone.xml actualised well, then you must not edit it yourself more, i think...

Kdo nic nedělá, nic nezkazí!

Re: Outdated timezones #40 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 12 April 2015 - 13:39

What ims says. The timezone.xml should be corrected in the build process, it should not be necessary to do it yourself.

With this change we can actually make changes, which was not possible before.

I am planning to incorporate the changes mentioned here in a few days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users