• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

Re: Fallbacktuner and timerconflict dectection #41 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 25 January 2016 - 18:17

In OpenATV they add isStreaming to the recording list here... Here we can try to store the streamings in a seperate list and then we are able to stop them when we need a timed recording....

lib/python/Components/Sources/StreamService.py

Please don't look only at streamings. It also can happen that EPG refresh is running (claiming a tuner) and a recording should start. I guess in this case recording don't start when there is no other free tuner. And for me a recording is much more important than EPG data.

By the way: I could also think of people who say that streaming is more important than a recording...

Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

Re: Fallbacktuner and timerconflict dectection #42 anudanan

• 1,185 posts

+16
Neutral

Posted 25 January 2016 - 18:53

By the way: I could also think of people who say that streaming is more important than a recording...

I think that is the reasonm why in openATV you have a config parameter to allow of not streamaborting

Receiver:2 x Uno4k SE (PLI 7.3 rel), 1 x ET9200 (PLI 4.0), NAS: 2 x QNAP 410, TV: LG 65C8llla, LG 47LB570V, LG 42LM615S, Sound: Yamaha RX-v663, Teufel System 5 THX

Re: Fallbacktuner and timerconflict dectection #43 anudanan

• 1,185 posts

+16
Neutral

Posted 25 January 2016 - 18:54

The VFD shows the recording indicator when a stream is active, the skin (UI) doesn't show the red "R" icon. Testen on my ET10000.

yes, the same on ET9200 and ET8000

Receiver:2 x Uno4k SE (PLI 7.3 rel), 1 x ET9200 (PLI 4.0), NAS: 2 x QNAP 410, TV: LG 65C8llla, LG 47LB570V, LG 42LM615S, Sound: Yamaha RX-v663, Teufel System 5 THX

Re: Fallbacktuner and timerconflict dectection #44 anudanan

• 1,185 posts

+16
Neutral

Posted 25 January 2016 - 19:06

Please don't look only at streamings. It also can happen that EPG refresh is running (claiming a tuner) and a recording should start. I guess in this case recording don't start when there is no other free tuner. And for me a recording is much more important than EPG data.

I think that works fine today, because EPG refresh only switches from one transponder to the next without having a recording status like streaming. It is similar to zapping channels

Edited by anudanan, 25 January 2016 - 19:07.

Re: Fallbacktuner and timerconflict dectection #45 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,598 posts

+694
Excellent

Posted 25 January 2016 - 19:10

It also can happen that EPG refresh is running (claiming a tuner) 

->

When EPG refrash is running as far I thought it zaps through channels.... Then the "zapper" should be stopped.... Or does it also start services in the "background"...

In addition to EGPrefresh I personally do not see any real added value... I think this is something terrible... But I see a lot of user do use it....

I could also think of people who say that streaming is more important than a recording...

-> 

Learn about what Steve Jobs is telling us... do not give too many options.... You make stuff really uncontrollable by adding tons of configs... I would strongly recommend to give recordings the highest priority once you set it like that...

At the end when a timer recording has priority it should be arrange that a recording can claim a tuner anyway...

And during the programming of a timer the tuner availability is always checked...(conflict check)... and when you do not ignore this check you should always be able to force a start of a recording.... 

I think once you give high priority to recordings that you should be able to stop anything that claims a tuner... (PIP, EPGRefresh, Stream... another recording).... so when you want to give a recording the right-a-way.... we should force it in a simple way.... By just "claiming" a possible tuner.... (and not go for an extreme complicated patch).

Ik zag net al dat PIP wordt onderbroken, en je een vraagstelling kunt krijgen... daar mag eigenlijk toegevoegd worden het stoppen van streams...

Als we het rete eenvoudig houden bouwen we in failureCB een stap voor stap process bij... die eerst PIP stopt... streams die er zijn stopt... checked of een opname kan, zo ja OK... neem op...., dan checked of EPGrefresh loopt... zo ja stopt deze eventueel (als nodig), checked of opname kan, stop een stream als die loopt, check of het kan... en dan zappen, checked of het kan en dan een foutmelding dat het echt vol is....

Edited by littlesat, 25 January 2016 - 19:23.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Fallbacktuner and timerconflict dectection #46 anudanan

• 1,185 posts

+16
Neutral

Posted 25 January 2016 - 19:12

You are right. I can see on my et9200 that during EPG refresh no record icon on the display in on. It zaps only through the channels

Edited by anudanan, 25 January 2016 - 19:13.

Re: Fallbacktuner and timerconflict dectection #47 anudanan

• 1,185 posts

+16
Neutral

Posted 25 January 2016 - 19:20

Learn about what Steve Jobs is telling us... do not give too many options.... You make stuff really uncontrollable by adding tons of configs... I would strongly recommend to give recordings the highest priority once you set it like that...

Today we have a setup parameter for the timer prio in the setup/recording menu and when it says timer have the highest prio than also streaming must abort when timer starts. If the switch says no then  timer fails if no free tuners are there. => no additional setup parameter 

Re: Fallbacktuner and timerconflict dectection #48 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,598 posts

+694
Excellent

Posted 25 January 2016 - 19:33

We have a 

def getClientsStreaming(self):
return eStreamServer.getInstance() and eStreamServer.getInstance().getConnectedClients()

in Navigation.py.........

It returns a python list with client and services that are streamed...

PyObject *eStreamServer::getConnectedClients()
{
ePyObject ret;
int idx = 0;
int cnt = clients.size();
ret = PyList_New(cnt);
for (eSmartPtrList<eStreamClient>::iterator it = clients.begin(); it != clients.end(); ++it)
{
ePyObject tuple = PyTuple_New(3);
PyTuple_SET_ITEM(tuple, 0, PyString_FromString((char *)it->getRemoteHost().c_str()));
PyTuple_SET_ITEM(tuple, 1, PyString_FromString((char *)it->getServiceref().c_str()));
PyTuple_SET_ITEM(tuple, 2, PyInt_FromLong(it->isUsingEncoder()));
PyList_SET_ITEM(ret, idx++, tuple);
}
return ret;
}

It includes also the encoder using... 

When we have a method to stop streams.... possibly via I'm afraid this needs to be added....

Edited by littlesat, 25 January 2016 - 20:06.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Fallbacktuner and timerconflict dectection #49 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 25 January 2016 - 19:52

EPG refresh can use 3-4 different modes. One of them is pseudo recording (besides main, PIP, hidden PIP, ...). And I guess this really creates a recording (but I'm not sure).

I don't want to push you to use OpenATV patch. But a solution to abort streams when tuner is needed for a recording in OpenPli would be nice ;)

Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

Re: Fallbacktuner and timerconflict dectection #50 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,598 posts

+694
Excellent

Posted 25 January 2016 - 20:15

But a solution to abort streams when tuner is needed for a recording in OpenPli would be nice  ;)

-> I agree.... In fact we only need a method to remotely stop streams... and then stop it stream-by-stream and check if a recording might be possible afterwords (to avoid to stop all streams).... This parts needs to be done in cpp... about here...

EPG refresh can use 3-4 different modes. 
-> And again crasy all those options in EPG refresh.... I think just zapping along and then when it is not possible try one hour later was smarter than giving programmable configurable options that are never optimal... It makes stuff extreme complicated.....

And why not starting EPG refresh when you put your box in standby and is in standby for e.g. 10 minutes..... And abort it when you put the box out of standby.... no programming or timestamp required at all!!!! (just like I did for auto cablescan and auto fast scan)....

I don't want to push you to use OpenATV patch.
-> I really think you need to think about it... discuss it and then perform a simple as possible easy patch...

Edited by littlesat, 25 January 2016 - 20:24.

Re: Fallbacktuner and timerconflict dectection #51 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,969 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 26 January 2016 - 16:20

Remote fallback tuner is just what it says. It's a best effort and nothing more. Use it for your autotimer generated timers that will be broadcasted again at some time. If you need to rely on fallback tuners, make sure they are not busy. Or don't use them. It's simple like that. You can't have it both ways, if you absolutely require to record more programmes and absolutely require that the recordings succeed, buy more tuners, that's what they're for. Or go cheap and take the risk, that is what I do. And if you do so, turn off the conflict detection, or the fallback tuner will never be used.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Fallbacktuner and timerconflict dectection #52 anudanan

• 1,185 posts

+16
Neutral

Posted 26 January 2016 - 16:33

You are right. No one in this thread would like to record via fallbacktuner, because that is not safe.

But if you use fallbacktuner or remotechanneltuner or partnerplugin to use a remote tuner for watching TV, and that make sense, then you have no safe timer programming on the main box, which serves the fallbacktuner and which has also programmed timer (with no conflict warnings), if these timers need tuners, they can´t get it today because the stream blocks it.

That is the problem and therefor are the above ideas.

Re: Fallbacktuner and timerconflict dectection #53 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 26 January 2016 - 17:25

That is the problem and therefor are the above ideas.

Exactly: this is all only about the mainbox and the way recordings should be assured (via reliable conflict management).
At the moment this is not the case, but in the above posts you find several ideas to improve the situation (and in ATV this has already been done months ago).

Re: Fallbacktuner and timerconflict dectection #54 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,598 posts

+694
Excellent

Posted 26 January 2016 - 20:36

Sorry I do not think ATV make a real impeovement here. Their patch is complicated when you think about stopping streams for timer recordings... (And in case of some wierd sfuff epg refresh plugin is possibly doing in one if it's configurable modes)

But unless this we do not have such functionality yet at all... ;)

We need at least to have a method to stop streams for recordings....

Edited by littlesat, 26 January 2016 - 20:38.

Re: Fallbacktuner and timerconflict dectection #55 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,969 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 26 January 2016 - 20:52

You can use fallback tuner for recording, no problem at all, as long as the receiver is dedicated for that purpose. If you're going to use it also for viewing, streaming, recording, etc., all bets are off. Like I said, it's no cheap alternative for real hardware, if you think so, you will get disappointed anyway. I have a receiver with four tuners dedicated for fallback and then there is no problem.

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Fallbacktuner and timerconflict dectection #56 anudanan

• 1,185 posts

+16
Neutral

Posted 26 January 2016 - 21:10

I think many users of enigma would like to use sometimes streaming from a remote box without the risc that programmed tuner there fails. Buying more tuners can´t be the only solution for solving that . It is the same situation like watching live TV and if a timer claims the last tuner then the live TV normally switched to the timer channel. Anyone knows that and it is ok. What is bad behind the idea to have the same reaction when you stream from a box and the stream aborts or switch to the channel from the last timer if it needs a tuner. Even when the setup parameter says that timer has the highest priority

Re: Fallbacktuner and timerconflict dectection #57 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,598 posts

+694
Excellent

Posted 26 January 2016 - 21:18

I fully agree that timers need priority

Re: Fallbacktuner and timerconflict dectection #58 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 26 January 2016 - 21:37

You can use fallback tuner for recording, no problem at all, as long as the receiver is dedicated for that purpose. If you're going to use it also for viewing, streaming, recording, etc., all bets are off. Like I said, it's no cheap alternative for real hardware, if you think so, you will get disappointed anyway. I have a receiver with four tuners dedicated for fallback and then there is no problem.

You are again talking about the client boxes. But the real issue, and hence this thread, is about the serverbox (where recordings should not be hampered by streams).

And no matter how many tuners the server has: a couple of streams + a couple of recordings will give problems.

Re: Fallbacktuner and timerconflict dectection #59 anudanan

• 1,185 posts

+16
Neutral

Posted 26 January 2016 - 21:48

Right and the badness ist that when you programm the timers with conflict detection, you see  the conflicts and can solve the conflicts and everything if fine because the box knows how all local tuners can serv the timers but if a stream is running, you have a conflict and no user know about that tuner blocking handling of streams. That is not what the user expect

Edited by anudanan, 26 January 2016 - 21:48.

Re: Fallbacktuner and timerconflict dectection #60 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,969 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 27 January 2016 - 13:33

You are again talking about the client boxes. But the real issue, and hence this thread, is about the serverbox (where recordings should not be hampered by streams).

And no matter how many tuners the server has: a couple of streams + a couple of recordings will give problems.

Nope I am talking about the server. If you're going to use it for anything else then recording, all bets are off. And that is fine with me.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users