Photo

OpenPLi-4 based images with Gstreamer 1.7.2 (master git) images 2016-02

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

Re: OpenPLi-4 based images with Gstreamer 1.7.2 (master git) images 2016-02 #41 MastaG

• 1,531 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 25 February 2016 - 09:45

DcaMan, unfortunately you'll have to flash the image from the first post.

My images are using different repositories and it's not possible to upgrade.

Good luck :)

Re: OpenPLi-4 based images with Gstreamer 1.7.2 (master git) images 2016-02 #42 DcaMan

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 25 February 2016 - 14:35

Thanks a lot for the feedback.
Is there a way to save my current settings and recover them?

Dcaman.

Re: OpenPLi-4 based images with Gstreamer 1.7.2 (master git) images 2016-02 #43 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,614 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 25 February 2016 - 14:58

Use the standard autobackup functionality.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: OpenPLi-4 based images with Gstreamer 1.7.2 (master git) images 2016-02 #44 sonci

• 26 posts

Neutral

Posted 27 February 2016 - 15:46

Thanks,

Has anybody noticed that Media player is broken now, It just freeze the Vu solo, so I have to reboot..

Re: OpenPLi-4 based images with Gstreamer 1.7.2 (master git) images 2016-02 #45 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,273 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 27 February 2016 - 16:26

Media player is not broken... A plugin mediastream or so breaks it

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: OpenPLi-4 based images with Gstreamer 1.7.2 (master git) images 2016-02 #46 jimmya3

• 20 posts

Neutral

Posted 27 February 2016 - 17:35

Isn't it possible to make a version for DM7080 ? i see you made also image for DM7020v2 and DM800se v2 ? 

Re: OpenPLi-4 based images with Gstreamer 1.7.2 (master git) images 2016-02 #47 MastaG

• 1,531 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 27 February 2016 - 23:47

I think the dm7020v2 uses the exact same drivers as the v1, its just the image size that differs.
However I haven't tested them.
The dm800sev2 and dm500hdv2 are not booting since the bsp had its kernels patchlevel updated.
I have to compare the patches to the ones from the oe-a bsp I cant debug since I dont have such receiver.
That same goes for the 7080 and the 820.

I already have some nice changes queued up for the next release.
But I need to fix some critical things first.
I may or may not add support for those receivers depending on my free time.

Re: OpenPLi-4 based images with Gstreamer 1.7.2 (master git) images 2016-02 #48 adri

• 372 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 28 February 2016 - 15:50

The DM7080HD needs different drivers, which can be downloaded from http://www.dreamboxupdate.com.

Some small changes are also required to enigma2, due to different names for tuner and demux devices.

If anyone is interested, all required changes are in https://github.com/openatv and https://github.com/oe-alliance.

Using this, it should be possible to make the required changes and build images for all the DMM receivers.

Re: OpenPLi-4 based images with Gstreamer 1.7.2 (master git) images 2016-02 #49 DcaMan

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 February 2016 - 16:53

Use the standard autobackup functionality.

Thanks.
All went OK.
Is it safe to make soft updates?

Re: OpenPLi-4 based images with Gstreamer 1.7.2 (master git) images 2016-02 #50 MastaG

• 1,531 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 29 February 2016 - 00:05

DcaMan,

Yes for now you can upgrade and install addons.

But once I release a new set of images I'm not sure whether the online upgrade will work.

Worst case scenario you'll just have to reflash the new version and restore your backup again :)

adri,

I'm aware of that, but it takes time to go trough all the changes OpenATV made to their enigma2 code to make the new Dreambox models compatible.

Personally I find their Enigma2 a mess with a shitload of hacks for a shitload of receivers.

Also many commit messages aren't really clear to me and since I don't have too much free time lately it's not on top of my list.

It would be nice if Dream Multimedia would just present a clean bsp-layer for PLi, like Zgemma Star did.

So the first thing for Dreambox receivers I'm going to do, is adding missing kernel patches to get the dm500hdv2 and dm800sev2 up and running again :)

Then I'll see if I can add the newer models without too much problems.

Currently I'm still working out the deadlock that sometimes happens in gstreamer on spark receivers when servicemp3 calls GST_STATE_NULL.

When I press CTRL + C in gst-launch's playbin it always stops playing and clears the framebuffer and goes to STATE_NULL

However when servicmp3 tries to do the same it sometimes freezes on the last frame with a spinner.

Still testing some things but I may need some help on this one.

Edited by MastaG, 29 February 2016 - 00:09.

Re: OpenPLi-4 based images with Gstreamer 1.7.2 (master git) images 2016-02 #51 adri

• 372 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 29 February 2016 - 11:12

MastaG,

Thanks for your reply.

I didn't post to 'push' you into doing all the needed changes for DMM receivers.

I just wanted to give some information about the changes required and where to find them.

I agree with you, the OpenATV enigma2 code is sometimes a little difficult to read, due to all the embedded receiver depended code.

If more DMM receiver are supported in to the future, that would probably make a lot of users happy.

Adri.

Re: OpenPLi-4 based images with Gstreamer 1.7.2 (master git) images 2016-02 #52 krisux

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 29 February 2016 - 12:12

what is the difference between openpli-enigma2-dm800.nfi and japhar/openpli-enigma2-dm800.nfi ?

Re: OpenPLi-4 based images with Gstreamer 1.7.2 (master git) images 2016-02 #53 fairbird

• 413 posts

+20
Neutral

Posted 29 February 2016 - 15:34

openpli-enigma2-dm800.nfi (Genuine Boxes)

japhar/openpli-enigma2-dm800.nfi (Clone Boxes - Sim japhar)

DM500s
DM800

DM800se

DM920UHD

Re: OpenPLi-4 based images with Gstreamer 1.7.2 (master git) images 2016-02 #54 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,614 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 29 February 2016 - 15:43

The first must be a clone image too, original OpenPLI images are named "OpenPLi-<version>-beta-<box>-YYYYMMDD.zip".

For the DM800 the last one is OpenPLi-2.1-beta-dm800-20140510.zip. The DM800 is an end-of-life box, support for it was dropped almost two years ago.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: OpenPLi-4 based images with Gstreamer 1.7.2 (master git) images 2016-02 #55 MastaG

• 1,531 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 29 February 2016 - 15:58

Well I'm not going to promote clones.

But the DM800 image from the "pli" directory contains the original secondstage bootloader (ssl) version 84 and the latest original drivers.

So it only runs on the original DM800HD receiver, which is indeed not supported by DMM anymore.

EDIT:

Now that I think of it, not completely genuine I guess since I'm patching the drivers:

#!/bin/sh
if [ ! -e /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/extra/patched ]
then
    for m in $(find /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/extra -name "*.ko")
    do
        echo "patching vermagic ${m}"
        sed -i 's/gcc-4\.[0-9]/gcc-4.9/g' $m
    done
    touch /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/extra/patched
    depmod -a
    rm -f /dev/null
    mknod /dev/null c 1 3
    sync
fi
exit 0

I have to replace the vermagic string inside the .ko driver files to make them load on the kernel which is built with gcc 4.9.

And I believe that's not permitted :P

Edited by MastaG, 29 February 2016 - 16:02.

Re: OpenPLi-4 based images with Gstreamer 1.7.2 (master git) images 2016-02 #56 gorski

• 1,699 posts

+46
Good

Posted 29 February 2016 - 17:00

:D :P :D :P :D

<span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>Laziness and cowardice are the reasons why such a large proportion of men, even when nature has long emancipated them from alien guidance..." I. Kant, "Political writings" (1784)</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'><a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://eserver.org/p...lightenment.txt'>http://eserver.org/p...ent.txt</a>'><a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a>'>http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a></a> - the jolly text on Enlightenment, at the basis of Modernity...</span>

Re: OpenPLi-4 based images with Gstreamer 1.7.2 (master git) images 2016-02 #57 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,471 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 29 February 2016 - 19:59

:D :P :D :P :D

Why are you building and hosting images for them?

on the Glassfibre 1GB DVB-C...

Re: OpenPLi-4 based images with Gstreamer 1.7.2 (master git) images 2016-02 #58 gorski

• 1,699 posts

+46
Good

Posted 29 February 2016 - 20:13

'Cause he's not a Puritan, things are not exactly black and white, so really, it's the right thing to do and it's fun... :P :D

<span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>Laziness and cowardice are the reasons why such a large proportion of men, even when nature has long emancipated them from alien guidance..." I. Kant, "Political writings" (1784)</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'><a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://eserver.org/p...lightenment.txt'>http://eserver.org/p...ent.txt</a>'><a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a>'>http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a></a> - the jolly text on Enlightenment, at the basis of Modernity...</span>

Re: OpenPLi-4 based images with Gstreamer 1.7.2 (master git) images 2016-02 #59 MastaG

• 1,531 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 29 February 2016 - 21:06

Well, I'm still building for the old DM800HD since there are many people still using it.

And if you still have one lying around and a few hours to spend on a sunday, you should try out my gstreamer 1.7 build on it just for kicks.

You can see that even with it's non-fpu single core 300MHz soc, it still plays all of the m3u8 streams perfectly fine.

I like the fact that PLi and it's developers brought something to a device (long out of support) which it didn't have before.

Regarding clone receivers. I really don't want to talk about it or start a discussion.

It was a stupid mistake to use the official OpenPLi splash screen on my non-official builds and I'll refrain from using it again.

It was also a stupid mistake to place the japhar directory in the same url as the pli dir.

I guess all I want to say about it is that the japhar team were kindly enough to host the feed for all receivers and presented a nice list of public iptv streams for us to test with.

That's it.

Re: OpenPLi-4 based images with Gstreamer 1.7.2 (master git) images 2016-02 #60 fankoosh

• 198 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 29 February 2016 - 22:56

@MastaG thanx for ur build but i cannot see any support for the rest of openpli supported box eg:zgemma , r u gona build new one for zgemma?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users