142 replies to this topic

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #21 jeanclaude

• 866 posts

+28
Good

Posted 23 March 2016 - 17:52

and just got another one :

Attached File  again01.jpg   62.77KB   5 downloads

this time wit an autotimer on top. this time I simply deactivated the top line & set my timer again.

still strange that a new timer conflict popped up, autotimer didn't run in between. The new timer & the conflicting timers are for tomorrow, whereas the previous timer & conflict was for today - not sure if this makes a difference in the timer sanity logic ?

DreamBox 7000S+8000HD (eindelijk), openPLi, CCcam, 85 cm schotel, draaibare opstelling en VEEL te weinig slaap.

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #22 jort38

• 644 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 23 March 2016 - 18:33

I sometimes have something similar when there are multiple conflicting timers. The only solution I have found to complete te list of conflicts. The easiest way is just delete the one you don't want to record after all. After that I usually am able to activate the disabled timer.

Vu+ Ultimo 4K (4 TB HD, DVBS FSB, DVBC FBC & OpenPli 9),

Xtrend ET10000 (1 DVBS works via ethernet & OpenPli 9),

Xtrend ET10000 (DVBT2 & OpenPli 9, located in Thailand). Only latest stable releases.

Xtrend ET10000 (works via ethernet & OpenPli 9) and

Xtrend ET8000 (1 TB HD, 1 DVBT2 & works via ethernet & OpenPli 9)

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #23 rhinoceros

• 569 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 24 March 2016 - 08:05

@jeanclaude: Do any of the timers involve alternatives?.

(When alternatives are used in timers it can sometimes be difficult to understand a timer conflict. Example: Suppose you have 2 timers, timer1 and timer2. There is no conflict but at least one of them is using an alternative. Then you add a new timer, timer3. You then might get a conflict report between timer1 and timer2. Not with timer3. The new timer3 could prevent the use of an alternative in timer1 or timer2. Hence the conflict.)

"Het enige wat we leren van de geschiedenis is dat we niets leren van geschiedenis.", Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel, 1831

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #24 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,036 posts

+339
Excellent

Posted 24 March 2016 - 10:33

new timeredit copied & compled during restart.

is this the timer conflict screen you've modified or the screen for setting a new timer ?

what do you expect back ?

I was a bit changed logic solutions timers conflict menu.

Don't disable running timers.

But the main problem is quite different.

List of timers conflict always first  new added timer.

So --> when no  solution and close timers conflict menu --> disable first timer(It should be new timer) in conflict list

Are you sure you are using the latest version of https://github.com/O...rSanityCheck.py?

Edited by Dimitrij, 24 March 2016 - 10:35.

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #25 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,036 posts

+339
Excellent

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:10

jeanclaude

Please, you can perform a periodic check?

Don't add new tumer.

Open timers list and run edit any tmer in list --> then just press OK

When open timers conflict menu please take a screenshot.

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #26 jeanclaude

• 866 posts

+28
Good

Posted 24 March 2016 - 13:10

@rhinoceros : no alternatives, never used them, so cannot be the source of the problem

@Dimitrij : so no more disable of running timers - this would indeed be a step foreward. The case hasn't reproduced itself yet, but I'll keep an eye on this and I'll report back. And yes, normally a conflict will arise when you add a new timer, which is then displayed on top of the list. But even in that case disabeling the new timer is NOT a good idea as I may very well decide to disable other timers and keep the new timer. Just keep looping to the timer conflict screen until the user resolves the conflict and do not disable the new timer automatically - this only makes things worse : if, after automatically disabeling the new timer, the conflict is resolved then the timer conflict screen is not shown again and I end up with nothing ! I have to set the timer once more and I risk falling into the timer conflict screen again when doing so and my new timer may then once again be disabled automatically. That's no way to set a new timer ....... just let the user solve the conflict, that's all.

supplemental problem here is that timer conflicts seem to be inserted by something else (and I'm still pointing to the autotimer plugin)

I'll keep checking periodically and I'll send you anything I may find. As for using the latest version, I did my last code update a few weeks ago. Has anything been updated in these processes lately ? I'll perform another update this weekend, see if this makes any difference.

DreamBox 7000S+8000HD (eindelijk), openPLi, CCcam, 85 cm schotel, draaibare opstelling en VEEL te weinig slaap.

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #27 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,036 posts

+339
Excellent

Posted 24 March 2016 - 13:55

As for using the latest version, I did my last code update a few weeks ago. Has anything been updated in these processes lately ? I'll perform another update this weekend, see if this makes any difference.

Add this file manually,restart E2 and then remove it.

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/

But even in that case disabeling the new timer is NOT a good idea as I may very well decide to disable other timers and keep the new timer. 

In this case, a new timer is saved.

Edited by Dimitrij, 24 March 2016 - 13:59.

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #28 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,036 posts

+339
Excellent

Posted 24 March 2016 - 15:16

And new wersion file TimerEdit

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #29 jeanclaude

• 866 posts

+28
Good

Posted 25 March 2016 - 11:03

plugins installed, compiled, new EPG loaded & autotimer plugin finished. Let's have a look at the result, shall we  :P

these are my running timers :

Attached File  new00.jpg   85.37KB   4 downloads

case 1. Let's check a listed timer - in this case Stargate Universe at 10.51 - and indee the timer conflict window popps up :

Attached File  new01.jpg   69.94KB   4 downloads

seems to be a conflict for next sunday, so no relation whatsoever with the Stargate Universe timer I was checking. let's try & solve the conflict and see what happens. I go to the last timer "Houdini & Doyle" and I press the yellow "OFF" button. I get the following popup :

Attached File  new02.jpg   35.75KB   4 downloads

and I'm returned to the timer conflict screen :

Attached File  new03.jpg   71.97KB   4 downloads

yes, this is what I want. the first timer is not automatically de-activated as in the past, and I can continue to de-activate selected timers until the conflict is resolved, after which the timer conflict screen disappears and I'm back in the timers list.

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #30 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,036 posts

+339
Excellent

Posted 25 March 2016 - 11:17

Ok.

Step 2.

Correct the error by adding conflict timers.
So, we decided that the blame for the AT.
need:
1)Open timers list and run edit any tmer in list --> then just press OK

2)/etc/enigma2/autotimer.xml
3)AT --> "Create debug log file" Yes --> /tmp/autotimer.log

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #31 jeanclaude

• 866 posts

+28
Good

Posted 25 March 2016 - 11:20

case 2 - I'm checking my de-activated timers and I want to activate one of them, in this case Andromeda next wednesday at 11.11 :

Attached File  new07.jpg   81.25KB   5 downloads

pressing the yellow "ON" button displays the following timer conflict screen :

Attached File  new05.jpg   72.92KB   5 downloads

the de-activated Andromeda timer is on top, as it should be. Now I'd like to activate the timer with the yellow button, but this is giving me the following popup :

Attached File  new06.jpg   31.65KB   5 downloads

so it seems I cannot activate the de-activated timer. I know that this would do nothing to solve the conflict, but my purpose would be to set the Andromeda timer as active first and then de-activate other timers until the conflict is solved. This is now not possible, as I cannot activate the first timer in the list.

as there is no conflict with the first timer de-activated yet, deactivating any other timer in the list closes the timer conflict screen and throws me be back in the timer list. The Andromeda timer is still de-activated, so I press yellow "ON" again only to find myself back in the timer conflict screen, but now with 1 active timer less in the list. I have to de-activate a second active timer from the list and once more I'm back in the timer list, with my Andromeda timer still de-activated. I now press the yellow ON button for a third time, and yes this time my times disappears from the timer list, meaning that it has been moved to the active timers list :

Attached File  new08.jpg   84.78KB   5 downloads

so my suggestion to improve this would be : don't de-activate the first timer in the list if a conflict is not resolved (still happens if I look at the text in the popup screen), just let the user activate and/or de-activate any timer in the list (I would exclude currently running timers) until the conflict is resolved by the user, after which the timer conflict screen can disappear.

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #32 jeanclaude

• 866 posts

+28
Good

Posted 25 March 2016 - 11:28

case 3 - let's plan a new recording on top off the current recordings - I go to an active channel and press the EPG to record the first item in the list :

Attached File  new10.jpg   115.54KB   4 downloads

this opens the timer conflict screen :

Attached File  new11.jpg   96.03KB   4 downloads

OK, that's normal. The new recording is set to run until 11:15 but with 4 new recordings starting at 10:51 this is not possible.

so I'm changing the new recording end time to 10:49 :

Attached File  new12.jpg   60.15KB   4 downloads

the timer conflict screen disappears and I'm back in the EPG list with a timer recording item set at left :

Attached File  new13.jpg   114.05KB   4 downloads

so this is completely correct, good, nothing needs to be changed here.

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #33 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,036 posts

+339
Excellent

Posted 25 March 2016 - 11:29

question...

last timer "Houdini & Doyle" not AT

How can you add it, it was a menu(single EPG or Webif or etc)?

Timer conflict window popps up?

Conflict AT timers already existed at that time?

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #34 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,036 posts

+339
Excellent

Posted 25 March 2016 - 11:58

so my suggestion to improve this would be : don't de-activate the first timer in the list if a conflict is not resolved (still happens if I look at the text in the popup screen), just let the user activate and/or de-activate any timer in the list (I would exclude currently running timers) until the conflict is resolved by the user, after which the timer conflict screen can disappear.

This will result from the enormous confusion.

You activate all the timers and then press the exit button.

And it will remain several unresolved conflicts.

Better you go a few times in the conflict menu, knowing that you are doing.
Than just leave everything in such a mess.

Many users in this very poorly understood.
Auto solution, warns against errors.
Better record cartoon child than he would cry.

Edited by Dimitrij, 25 March 2016 - 12:00.

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #35 jeanclaude

• 866 posts

+28
Good

Posted 25 March 2016 - 23:09

question...

last timer "Houdini & Doyle" not AT

How can you add it, it was a menu(single EPG or Webif or etc)?

Timer conflict window popps up?

Conflict AT timers already existed at that time?

if it's not AT then it's added from the EPG. At this time there will not have been a conflict.

afterwards AT must have added a new timer or modified an existing timer creating a conflict in doing so.

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #36 jeanclaude

• 866 posts

+28
Good

Posted 25 March 2016 - 23:13

Ok.

Step 2.

Correct the error by adding conflict timers.
So, we decided that the blame for the AT.
need:
1)Open timers list and run edit any tmer in list --> then just press OK

2)/etc/enigma2/autotimer.xml
3)AT --> "Create debug log file" Yes --> /tmp/autotimer.log

I'll have a look tomorrow morning to see if another conflict comes up - if it does I'll post the information. Will be leaving for a few days tomorrow so if not tomorrow morning then it will be a few days later.

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #37 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,036 posts

+339
Excellent

Posted 26 March 2016 - 13:21

jeanclaude

Please run test.

Replace the file from the archive in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/AutoTimer/

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #38 jeanclaude

• 866 posts

+28
Good

Posted 28 March 2016 - 21:52

I' back  :)

just took a look at the running timers :

Attached File  conflict1.jpg   83.96KB   4 downloads

and checked the 3rd timer for any conflicts - and to my surprise NO timer conflict screen appears.

your new scripts have been running here for a few days now, and I'll keep on verifying daily, but right now it seems like the problem is solved.

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #39 jeanclaude

• 866 posts

+28
Good

Posted 28 March 2016 - 21:57

aw :

Attached File  conflict2.jpg   62.02KB   8 downloads

just noticed that the epg download is dead, so no new epg has arrived since I don't know when.

could just be that no new timers were added while I was away. I'll be in touch .......

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #40 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,036 posts

+339
Excellent

Posted 29 March 2016 - 05:32

ok,wait...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users