Hide VBI

• Please log in to reply
276 replies to this topic

Re: Hide VBI #241 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 28 September 2018 - 05:30

On 1920x1080 skins 3 lines are hidden as far I know.... 2 does not cover all the VBI lines...

If you read the plugin, you'll see that it covers just two lines. Hence the 0,18 %.

And most of the times even one line would be sufficient.

Anyway: what harm would be done by embedding this simple generic functionality; on top of any real sophisticated system that is still to be developed?

Re: Hide VBI #242 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,306 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 28 September 2018 - 07:03

Then I know for 100% sure it will not cover all the lines... one line is never sufficiant! As the Chanels are sd and you scale up at least one vbi line to two lines and the you still have compression scatter at the third line... note the overlay from the osd is hd and what you need to cover scaled up sd... so even the plugin needs to extend... What openpli has inside auto adjusts to the osd resolution. I’m afraid the plugin needs to do at least the same!
And note pli hates struisvogel methods.... please come with better arguments. Hiding lines at all time is for my feeling the same as putting your tv in hiding the overscan... please come with something smarter instead of ‘stupid’.

P.s. Just confirmed with two covered in hd osd you see scatter from the vbi lines due to the compression... two lines is not really sufficiant!

When the flags are remembered and you have a Function to clear set the flags for a complete bouquet is smarter... and already only hide them on sd channels is already smarter. The clear before scan is your ‘sjitty’ cullpit...

Edited by littlesat, 28 September 2018 - 07:32.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Hide VBI #243 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,625 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 28 September 2018 - 08:52

Btw - it should be (optionaly) displayed as small icon '---' in channel list - If we can there display other flags (service type icon, crypto icon - both very important :-) ), one less or more ... Then user can time to time display it and check, where is VBI active.

Much better is choose a provider who broadcasting properly, imho...

Kdo nic nedělá, nic nezkazí!

Re: Hide VBI #244 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,306 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 28 September 2018 - 08:59

Even within a provider there are channels that need it and some channels that don't need it...

When we do add an option to enable it all time I think we should only cover possible VBI lines on SD channels. But this is also not possible and that was why I ended up with the flags.

Actually the real issue (I repeating again) is that the clear for scan is the cullpit as it also purges the flags and prio's.... so why doing clear before scan in the first place?

Edited by littlesat, 28 September 2018 - 09:02.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Hide VBI #245 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,306 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 28 September 2018 - 09:26

I just verified some code about the clear before scan... OMG what is this made complicated.... It kills channels (transponders) and services right away... Actually I think you never should clear before scan as it 'kills' everything blindly. It looks like attic programmers just typed code without thinking...

Re: Hide VBI #246 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,306 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 28 September 2018 - 09:41

Just to add to the 'brainstorm' about restoring flags + prio's...

When you do a scan and you don't do saveServiceList the flags are still available in the lamedb as it is not overwritten yet...  So when we do something before the saveServiceList is performed we are able to restore the flags... -or- when we make a backup of the lamedb(5) before the scan we can restore the flags post the scan (on demand) and then remove the backup of lamedb(5). The same 'mechanism' can be performed post importing e.g. a HansSat setting... make a backup of lamedb(5), upgrade/update the settings and then 'restore' the flags via Hanssat... Then we also can make a mechanism that 'restores' the cable channels within Hanssat so a rescan of DVB-C is not required.

You can 'simply' parse the backup lamedb(5) file and when the service exists then 'overwrite' the flags and prio's. This can even be done in python... post the scan... and than after the scan do a reload settings and remove the backup file.... And of course we need an option when you clear that you also have an option 'but restore the flags and prios yes/no'

Edited by littlesat, 28 September 2018 - 10:00.

Re: Hide VBI #247 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,625 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 28 September 2018 - 09:54

I am making time to time remove lamedb and rescan. Bouquets remain unchanged and all is cleared ... without it is not possible remove "0.0 Services" satelite, f.eg.

Re: Hide VBI #248 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,306 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 28 September 2018 - 11:11

I think that when from a 'backup' of lamedb5 the flags and prios can be restored... we have something 'good'.... ;) Just create a lamedb5.bak file by copying it... do you thing (update settings from Hans and/or scan)... when the thing is done 'merge' the flags in the end-result and then remove the lamedb5.bak file... (no big project!)

Edited by littlesat, 28 September 2018 - 11:13.

Re: Hide VBI #249 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,306 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 28 September 2018 - 14:49

Here some extreme experimental code that can restore flags from a backup lamedb5..It stores the backup in a dict and then parses the 'new' lamedb where it removes the flags and prios and then load the new ones into them when the serviceref already exists in the backup lamedb5. Just to demonstrate this can be done relatively simple... and als you can see the lamedb5 new protocol does make it simple!

So when we create a backup lamedb5 before we reload/upload/scan services we can 'restore' all the flags quickly..

import re

channels = {}
for line in open('/etc/enigma2/lamedb5.bak', 'r').readlines():
        line = line.strip()
        if line[0] == 's':
                line = re.compile(r'''((?:[^,"']|"[^"]*"|'[^']*')+)''').split(line)[1::2]
                channels[line[0]] = [x for x in line[2:] if x[0] in "fc"]
newlamedb=[]
for line in open('/etc/enigma2/lamedb5', 'r').readlines():
        line = line.strip()
        if line[0] == 's':
                line = re.compile(r'''((?:[^,"']|"[^"]*"|'[^']*')+)''').split(line)[1::2]
                if line[0] in channels:
                        newlamedb.append(','.join(line[:2] + [x for x in line[2:] if x[0] not in "fc"] + channels[line[0]]))
                else:
                        newlamedb.append(','.join(line))
        else:
                newlamedb.append(line)
for x in newlamedb:
        print x

Edited by littlesat, 28 September 2018 - 15:42.

Re: Hide VBI #250 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,083 posts

+258
Excellent

Posted 28 September 2018 - 17:41

And note pli hates struisvogel methods.... please come with better arguments. Hiding lines at all time is for my feeling the same as putting your tv in hiding the overscan... please come with something smarter instead of ‘stupid’.

Since it is your feeling I guess that everybody MUST have the same! What is stupid is your attitude, please open your eyes and mind to make something really asked and useful for end-users. Sounds like you take yourself for God which is the only one who have the truth!

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Hide VBI #251 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,306 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 28 September 2018 - 17:45

please stop being personal! We all try to do our best! You can’t always get what you want... Rolling Stones... The plugin solves it in between so you get what you want... so we now have time to try to get a better solution.. which even covers more and solves more of your issue(s). Sorry for being 10 steps further... and I repeat a feature that is always hide it is NOT a solution... it is hammering as you try to solve the flags are gone issue...

Edited by littlesat, 28 September 2018 - 17:54.

Re: Hide VBI #252 jpuigs

• 1,143 posts

+32
Good

Posted 29 September 2018 - 13:06

.... and why don't we try to do multiple configuration, to suite everybody wishes ?

a setting with 3 options: All Enabled / All Disabled / Individual configured channel (this is the current behaviour)

Enigma is getting old....

Spoiler

Re: Hide VBI #253 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,306 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 29 September 2018 - 13:33

Because all enabled is not the way it should be done... why e.g. do it on hd services? When the flags are remembered somehow there was/is no issue and no need for it. And the plugin already fulfills the need which means no work-a-round to revert required.

Edited by littlesat, 29 September 2018 - 13:35.

Re: Hide VBI #254 mrvica

• 1,227 posts

+82
Good

Posted 29 September 2018 - 13:39

good idea, we don´t need to fiddle in lamedb at all, there is an old plugin AntiLogo meant ro prevent retention on plasma screens, instead of drawing small squares it could draw a long thin black bar and put it on top of the screen, the result is saved in /etc/enigma2 in a separate .xml file for each channel we set it up, I started adapting it, well I´ll need weeks to do it, others may be an hour

attached original ipk and my zip, I called it AntiDash, did only hd/fhd resizing

Attached Files

Re: Hide VBI #255 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,306 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 29 September 2018 - 13:45

This does not mean we could add something that helps to set the flag automatically on e.g. all as channels or on a complete userbouquet...

Re: Hide VBI #256 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,083 posts

+258
Excellent

Posted 29 September 2018 - 15:42

good idea, we don´t need to fiddle in lamedb at all, there is an old plugin AntiLogo meant ro prevent retention on plasma screens, instead of drawing small squares it could draw a long thin black bar and put it on top of the screen, the result is saved in /etc/enigma2 in a separate .xml file for each channel we set it up, I started adapting it, well I´ll need weeks to do it, others may be an hour

attached original ipk and my zip, I called it AntiDash, did only hd/fhd resizing

So if i understand it right, you are now busy creating a new plugin that behaves exactly the same as the current "hide dotted lines" implementation, but that will store the channels into a .xml file instead of the lamedb.

So what is the benefit of it since the request that some users have (including me) is to be able to set it up once for all on every possible channels.

If your new plugin need also to be setup by channels sorry but that's not what people want.

Can you please create the 1.3 version with the plugin.py that I send you by PM and post it here.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

Re: Hide VBI #257 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,625 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 29 September 2018 - 16:21

is to be able to set it up once for all on every possible channels.

Is it big problem to have plugin with 4 black lines in screen and display then this screen on e2 start ?

Re: Hide VBI #258 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,083 posts

+258
Excellent

Posted 29 September 2018 - 16:31

@ims,

It is the way I use it now since it is the only possible way.

Re: Hide VBI #259 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,306 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 29 September 2018 - 17:06

I already have a draft solution for keeping and remembering the flags without directly manipulating the lamedb file and creating backups... but it might take a few weeks before I can make a commit. I’m still fighting to keep it simple. In addition I think about adding a feature where you can set/clear the flags in a whole userbouquet (that is easy-I can commit as soon as I have more time)

Edited by littlesat, 29 September 2018 - 17:07.

Re: Hide VBI #260 mrvica

• 1,227 posts

+82
Good

Posted 29 September 2018 - 17:09

ok, attached version 1.3 with improvements by @Pr2, for testing switch to this channel
CANAL SUR A.
Astra 19.2E, DVB-S QPSK, 11156V, 22000, 5/6

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users