"Toneburst" --> A

???

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: [solo 4k] transponder problems #42 Geert Jelle

• 5 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 4 January 2017 - 11:29

Same issue here, I have vu+ uno 4k and I miss alot of channels, somebody who has an older image of open pli that does work?

Re: [solo 4k] transponder problems #43 matkoh

• 46 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 4 January 2017 - 11:42

Hello again.

Now I have tried an other image "pbnigma" which should be an "clone" of OpenPli. And now I find all channels as expected, with "standard" settings. Se image:

Attached Files

Re: [solo 4k] transponder problems #44 matkoh

• 46 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 4 January 2017 - 12:09

I dont understand what the problem is ?? OpenPli works like an charm on EVERY other VU+ box, except for the boxes with ARM arcitechture. Is there an compiler error or what ??

Re: [solo 4k] transponder problems #45 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,716 posts

+1,741
Excellent

Posted 4 January 2017 - 15:20

There are plenty of people, including everyone in the team, that runs OpenPLi on their VU+ 4K box or their Mutant HD51. So from the fact you have an issue you can not deduct that it doesn't work for everyone.

I know there's a lot of work being done in this area at the moment, to support multistreams and multiple FBC tuners, and I've also seen a change regarding diseqc that seem to affect some setups, but not sure if that is the case here, since you've tested multiple setups.

The fact that if you only connect and configure tuner A, it works, does indicate a DiseqC problem, that causes your switch not to switch...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: [solo 4k] transponder problems #46 Geert Jelle

• 5 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 4 January 2017 - 23:12

WanWizard, I have the same issue . Several channels in the Netherlands and Germany have no signal.

For example Ned1, Ned3 and some more like the local provence transmitters, only Limburg has signal

I have shortly installed VTI and I had all channels back. First I thought the sat.xml file was not correct so I uploaded the the channels with dreambox edit and still with the same result, no signal on the channels. I´m pretty sure it is something in the image causing the issue. Please take this serious I´m very happy with open pli and hope I will not be forced to change to another image...Please let me know if you need more info. thanks

Re: [solo 4k] transponder problems #47 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,716 posts

+1,741
Excellent

Posted 4 January 2017 - 23:14

Also on a Solo4K?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: [solo 4k] transponder problems #48 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,039 posts

+339
Excellent

Posted 5 January 2017 - 06:33

WanWizard, I have the same issue . Several channels in the Netherlands and Germany have no signal.

For example Ned1, Ned3 and some more like the local provence transmitters, only Limburg has signal

I have shortly installed VTI and I had all channels back. First I thought the sat.xml file was not correct so I uploaded the the channels with dreambox edit and still with the same result, no signal on the channels. I´m pretty sure it is something in the image causing the issue. Please take this serious I´m very happy with open pli and hope I will not be forced to change to another image...Please let me know if you need more info. thanks

frequency / satellite?

Edited by Dimitrij, 5 January 2017 - 06:33.

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: [solo 4k] transponder problems #49 matkoh

• 46 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 5 January 2017 - 13:53

Hmmmm.

If the problem is my switch, then it should work on other switches !! BUT that it will NOT, I have tried on my multiswitch, my dads simple diseqs, a friend 4-1 diseqs, an other friends multiswitch. There is NO way to locate ANY channels on port A.

Re: [solo 4k] transponder problems #50 Geert Jelle

• 5 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 5 January 2017 - 16:47

my box is a solo uno 4K, I have tried to see if I could see the channels if I disactivated one tuner but than still I can´t see them.

My configuration is A 19,2 B 23,5 C 28,2 D 13,0 with twin lnb´s and two disecq

I checked with vti and it works normally but with pli, I miss Dutch, german, french ( I couldn´t see them anyway but I had signal on them now not even signal) than for 28,2 and 13,0 I don´t think there any issues.

Than I checked spain and it has signal.

whatever specific you want I can check just let  me know.

thanks alot much appreciated.

Re: [solo 4k] transponder problems #51 Satpal

• 299 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 7 January 2017 - 00:16

My latest problem doesn't fit exactly into the profile of this thread but I thought it might still be a good idea to gather the information here.

Since updating my Solo 4K from 18-12-2016 to the nightly build from 2 days ago I had to change almost all my Diseqc settings for the add-on dual tuner. As the FBC tuner is setup with unicable it wasn't affected. But for all the LNBs on tuners I and J I had to add "repeat sequence" and "repeat Diseqc 1.1 command" otherwise nothing would work at all anymore or at least not reliable. But even as changing channels and sats works very stable now it takes forever, mostly 3-4 seconds instead of 1 as it was before.

Re: [solo 4k] transponder problems #52 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 7 January 2017 - 09:04

Two interesting facts here:

- Athough FBC tuners are very interesting for having a lot of tuners for a reasonable price, I've seen they're less quality than "regular" tuners. Anything below ~65% doesn't give a lock, where a "regular" can sometimes go as low as 35% and still have lock.

- You definitely should try the "force toneburst" option. Nobody outside VU+ knows exactly what it does, but the setting appears to be critical. For some configurations it only works when this option is "off" while for some configurations it must be "on" to work.

Whether you get a lock on a transponder is no software issue. Enigma simply tells the tuner and the switch (via the drivers) what to receive and then it's up to the tuner. Reception quality can not be influenced by software. You either get the best signal the tuner can achieve or nothing at all (in case the tuner or the switch doesn't get the correct instructions).

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: [solo 4k] transponder problems #53 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 7 January 2017 - 09:08

There have been some DiSEqC tweaks/workarounds for a certain combination of tuner+switch recently. It seems to have nasty side-effects though.

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: [solo 4k] transponder problems #54 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 7 January 2017 - 09:51

- Athough FBC tuners are very interesting for having a lot of tuners for a reasonable price, I've seen they're less quality than "regular" tuners. Anything below ~65% doesn't give a lock, where a "regular" can sometimes go as low as 35% and still have lock.

Comparing numbers between different boxes/tuners makes no sense (your own (and others) words). The real comparison would be to tune the conventional tuner in the Solo-4k to a very weak transponder that is just lockable, and then switch to the FBC tuner.

Re: [solo 4k] transponder problems #55 Geert Jelle

• 5 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 7 January 2017 - 10:12

This is the strangest thing I have ever seen. yesterday I was streaming through my computer and I could see the channels were before I didn´t have signal.

I went as well to channel directly which I was streaming and the tuner said no receipt while on my computer I was still streaming the channel.

Later on I couldn´t stream neither the channels....

How can you say it is not a software issue when I  install other software and the channels are available?

Re: [solo 4k] transponder problems #56 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 7 January 2017 - 10:48

Comparing numbers between different boxes/tuners makes no sense (your own (and others) words). The real comparison would be to tune the conventional tuner in the Solo-4k to a very weak transponder that is just lockable, and then switch to the FBC tuner.

You missed the point. I am talking of percentage values within the SAME tuner.

And BTW, yes we're still looking for this volunteer ;)

Edited by Erik Slagter, 7 January 2017 - 10:52.

Re: [solo 4k] transponder problems #57 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 7 January 2017 - 10:51

This is the strangest thing I have ever seen. yesterday I was streaming through my computer and I could see the channels were before I didn´t have signal.

I went as well to channel directly which I was streaming and the tuner said no receipt while on my computer I was still streaming the channel.

Later on I couldn´t stream neither the channels....

How can you say it is not a software issue when I  install other software and the channels are available?

Because I know how it works ;)

This is just "randomness", reception quality is apparently at the "edge" between lock/no lock. Another explanation is that DiSEqC commands are repeated every now and then when the tuner gets no lock. If this is indeed a DiSEqC issue, it could very very well be that one time the command is received correctly and later not, or the other way around.

Before going know-it-all, did you check my comment on the "force toneburst" option?

Re: [solo 4k] transponder problems #58 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 7 January 2017 - 11:04

You missed the point. I am talking of percentage values within the SAME tuner.

And BTW, yes we're still looking for this volunteer ;)

Your text says otherwise.

And what 'volunteer' are you looking for?

Edited by Rob van der Does, 7 January 2017 - 11:05.

Re: [solo 4k] transponder problems #59 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 7 January 2017 - 12:28

The volunteer that is going to do what you describe above?

Re: [solo 4k] transponder problems #60 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 7 January 2017 - 12:41

I lost you :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users