Vu+ Uno 4K

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

Re: Vu+ Uno 4K #61 Eragon

• 164 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 9 December 2016 - 21:50

All that is due to the well known CI+ restrictions.

Oh OK. Even recording another channel?

AFAIK, by a CI+ cam only one channel is allowed to be decoded at a time (both for watching and recording), but in many cases you could use Oscam which has no such limitation and a faster zapping speed.

Re: Vu+ Uno 4K #62 kermith

• 182 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 9 December 2016 - 21:55

Thanks, yes I am using oscam. But then I will also lose the possibility of watching HD channels. I guess all have it's pros and cons in the end.

Sony Z5 Premium

Re: Vu+ Uno 4K #63 Eragon

• 164 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 9 December 2016 - 23:04

But then I will also lose the possibility of watching HD channels.

What a bad luck!

This is a problem I haven't encountered in Italy: here we have only a bouquet requiring a CI+ cam but luckily Oscam is fully compatible with its HD and even 4K channels.

Re: Vu+ Uno 4K #64 kermith

• 182 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 9 December 2016 - 23:43

What do you mean? You can watch HD channels from your CI + in the box? I can do it as well but can't record because CI + can only handle one channel at a time in UNO 4K. Can you handle more HD channels?

Sony Z5 Premium

Re: Vu+ Uno 4K #65 _HarmeN

• 765 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 9 December 2016 - 23:46

Menu -> Applications -> FCC Configuration

You can set FCC to disabled/enabled and the max channel settings wich is default at 3 channels max is 7. You can also set if FCC should be disabled when a recording is running.

I believe FCC's default setting within VTi is disabled...

Vu+ Ultimo 4K (OpenPLI-9.0) :: 1x DVB-C FBC :: ZIGGO

Vu+ Ultimo 4K (OpenPLI-9.0) :: 1x DVB-C FBC + 1x DVB-S2 FBC :: ZIGGO

Re: Vu+ Uno 4K #66 kermith

• 182 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 9 December 2016 - 23:53

Thanks _HarmeN I actually found it earlier. My was set enabled to 5 channels as the default.

Sony Z5 Premium

Re: Vu+ Uno 4K #67 Eragon

• 164 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 10 December 2016 - 00:41

What do you mean? You can watch HD channels from your CI + in the box? I can do it as well but can't record because CI + can only handle one channel at a time in UNO 4K. Can you handle more HD channels?

Yes, in my Solo4K I use the smartcard only, without its CI+ CAM module.

I can watch/record at the same time all the subscription channels (SD, HD, 4K) I wish, exactly as I can do with the FTA channels.

Re: Vu+ Uno 4K #68 kermith

• 182 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 10 December 2016 - 00:47

But how is that possible? So I could just use the smartcard without the Ci+ module? Do I need something else to make it work? Tweak some settings?

Sony Z5 Premium

Re: Vu+ Uno 4K #69 Eragon

• 164 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 10 December 2016 - 11:17

Nothing particularly difficult to do: you have to properly configure your Oscam config file to use your local reader (the physical slot) and the smartcard.

In the oscam.server file something like this (it's only an example):

[reader]
label                         = my_card
protocol                      = internal
device                        = /dev/sci1
services                      = (as for your subscription)
lb_whitelist_services         = (as for your subscription)
caid                          = (as for your subscription)
boxkey                        = 45678
rsakey                        = (as for your subscription)

ecmwhitelist                  = (as for your subscription)
ecmheaderwhitelist            = (as for your subscription)
detect                        = cd
nagra_read                    = 1
mhz                           = 450
cardmhz                       = 2700
ident                         = (as for your subscription)
group                         = 1
emmcache                      = 1,1,2,0
blockemm-unknown              = 1

You should be able to find on the Internet the correct Oscam configurations for your subscription.

Edited by Eragon, 10 December 2016 - 11:18.

Re: Vu+ Uno 4K #70 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,913 posts

+1,788
Excellent

Posted 10 December 2016 - 12:51

It greatly depends on the card whether or not this is possible.

For some cards it works, for some cards you need a boxkey and/or an RSA key, for some cards (for example providers using CWoE) you can forget it and you need a CI+ module.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Ultimate (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Vu+ Uno 4K #71 Eragon

• 164 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 10 December 2016 - 13:10

providers using CWoE

I know, for ex. Sky Italy NDS smartcards are not supported by Oscam, but unfortunately there is no Sky CI+ CAM module... so only Sky receivers can be used.

Edited by Eragon, 10 December 2016 - 13:11.

Re: Vu+ Uno 4K #72 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,969 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 10 December 2016 - 13:34

Yes and that is exactly how Sky wants to see it. It won't get easy to get around that.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Vu+ Uno 4K #73 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,913 posts

+1,788
Excellent

Posted 10 December 2016 - 14:19

It depends per country.

In Germany, Sky does have a CI+ module. For Sky Italy and Sky UK they seem to exist (appearently used in the B2B market), but they are very hard to find/get, as they are not sold on the "open" market.

I presume it has to do with local law as well. And perhaps that is the way to go, for example persuade the law makers to pass a law allowing you to save energy by using a CI+ module instead of having to stack receivers. But you'll need a left-wing government for that, right-wing governments are generally in favour of forced package deals by providers.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Ultimate (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Vu+ Uno 4K #74 kermith

• 182 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 10 December 2016 - 16:14

@Eragon thanks for the example. Also thanks to the posts. I researched for some good ten hours now and unfortunately as @WanWizard and @Erik Slagter says, it's not possible to do it here in Sweden since the card needs "pairing" to the TV-providers box or CI+ module. In some countries there is no pairing so your example would work in that case. 

So there is no possibility to see HD channels on paired cards with Oscam. I'm surprised no one has been able to fix that yet.

Re: Vu+ Uno 4K #75 Eragon

• 164 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 10 December 2016 - 19:32

Even if the Sky Italy CI+ CAM would be available, the CI+ restrictions are very annoying, particularly compared to the Sky new receiver that will be able to tune and record up to 8 channels at the same time (the new Sky Pro receiver I'm testing now)...

Re: Vu+ Uno 4K #76 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,913 posts

+1,788
Excellent

Posted 10 December 2016 - 20:44

The new SKY Box (called SKY Q in the UK) is using an FBC tuner and a proprietary version of unicable, so it is even less compatible with the rest of the world then the old (DiseqC-less) box was.

It is just the next step to create a provider lock-in. :(

Re: Vu+ Uno 4K #77 Eragon

• 164 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 10 December 2016 - 21:01

I have the Sky new dCSS Unicable II multiswitch, it has 16 user bands, whose first 4 are backward compatible with Unicable I (EN50494).

It works also with my Solo4K.

Re: Vu+ Uno 4K #78 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,913 posts

+1,788
Excellent

Posted 10 December 2016 - 21:12

So SKY is lying, and it is just Unicable II / JESS ? Interesting.

Any idea who makes the "Sky" switch (original manufacturer and type)?

Re: Vu+ Uno 4K #79 Eragon

• 164 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 10 December 2016 - 22:37

Sky Unicable II switch by Unitron/Johansson:

dCSS-41

4kEwg1w.png

User bands:

anVhiLm.png

http://imgur.com/a/cdYMn

Attached Files

Edited by Eragon, 10 December 2016 - 22:38.

Re: Vu+ Uno 4K #80 Eragon

• 164 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 10 December 2016 - 22:45

Unitron:

http://unitrongroup.....html#downloads

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users