Photo

Why does nobody care about Permanent Timeshift?

Timeshift

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Re: Why does nobody care about Permanent Timeshift? #41 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,073 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 19 December 2018 - 21:24

The current timeshift cannot shift streams (as far I know) don’t worry (if the as far I know is correct)

The current implementation can timeshift stream.

The only problem with stream is when you want to record it since most stream servers allow only 1 connection, recording automatically creates 2 connections so recording always failed.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Why does nobody care about Permanent Timeshift? #42 nietgiftig

• 787 posts

+39
Good

Posted 20 December 2018 - 08:18

I would say just write the already received data also to a file. And that’s what the current implementation does. So is it really so bad??

Not really, It just works.

The use of permanent timeshift is to have a choice to preserve an already made or running timeshift recording that is necessary to have when you use timeshift., inclusive the current running one.

The problems come when people are using the timeshift portion of enigma, the rewind and skipping in the current running recording, or are making one or more regular recordings.

The last one can be neutralized with the option to auto stop timeshift when recording in the traditional way.

Has little to do with the purpose of the plugin "permanent timeshift" or better named "save current running or earlier made timeshift recording"

(I know, to long for a button  :) )

Hardware: Master VU Uno 4K SE  1x Mut@nt HD51.4K & 2x ZgemmaH9T
Software : Pli (v7) (7.1rc) 2019 

Re: Why does nobody care about Permanent Timeshift? #43 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,262 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 20 December 2018 - 11:32

The current implementation can timeshift stream.

The only problem with stream is when you want to record it since most stream servers allow only 1 connection, recording automatically creates 2 connections so recording always failed.

For streams a work-a-round might be... stop the stream... start the recording... play the recording....

For live streams this might be fine (with side effect you miss a small part of the transmission or a small part of the transmission recorded you just saw before)... But for 'file' streams you record it from the beginning)

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Why does nobody care about Permanent Timeshift? #44 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,262 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 20 December 2018 - 11:35

A new feature we also might need is put some kind of bookmark in the recordings list that point to a recording a 'play-point' where the program starts based on EPG...

Edited by littlesat, 20 December 2018 - 11:35.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Why does nobody care about Permanent Timeshift? #45 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 20 December 2018 - 18:36

During recording the marks are collected if now/next show a program start/end. Using these marks while the recording is running is not very easy as playback and recording use 2 different threads. I already thought about that.
Either store the marks immediately after receiving in the cuts file or send a “signal” from the recording thread to the playback thread. Don’t really know if that works.
Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users