Photo

CrossEPG not finding Rytec sources

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

Re: CrossEPG not finding Rytec sources #21 gogglebox

• 95 posts

Neutral

Posted 18 September 2017 - 18:03

I'll try to find one but I have it installed on my box using the latest Black Hole image and the xz files there and it all works!

The only thing I would say though, CrossEPG have created packages themselves which include all of your files for a specific country including the News package. To me, it would make sense if they enabled you to download only the free packages for each included list as I'm currently downloading lots of channels which I don't need but can choose to not download if I want.

Re: CrossEPG not finding Rytec sources #22 gogglebox

• 95 posts

Neutral

Posted 18 September 2017 - 18:03

It's version 0.8.4.

Re: CrossEPG not finding Rytec sources #23 viebrix

• 38 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 7 October 2017 - 14:15

Hi,

I have also added into directory /usr/crossepg/providers new conf files:

rytec_AT_basic.conf

rytec_DE_basic.conf

and it currently works under VTI, but it only works with gz files as doglover has already mentioned. EPGImport also only works with gz files and currently not working with xz under VTI.

To mention in passing I'm also prefering CrossEPG because it blocks the user interface during download and shows the progress of the import. EPGImport is running in the background and often slows down my box or blocks my DUO2 so that I don't know if the import is still running or if the box is frozen. I don't see any progress "progressbar" during an import... and the userinterface reacts often very slow so that failure can happen by choosing something in a menu.

Hi googlebox,

for which processor is your black hole version of crossepg. If it is for MIPSL, would it be possilbe that you post the libcrossepg.so file from the /usr/crossepg directory?

I want to try if it work on a VU+ duo2. Would be very helpful!

Thanks

viebrix

Re: CrossEPG not finding Rytec sources #24 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,147 posts

+261
Excellent

Posted 7 October 2017 - 17:47

Hi,

So you prefer to have your box totally blocked when importing EPG and not being able to watch TV, sounds strange to me.

EPGImport is running in the background and you can reopen it anytime and you will see where it is in the importing process. I prefer to have a box that runs slowly but being able to use it and watch TV than have it block for a long time during import.

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: CrossEPG not finding Rytec sources #25 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,263 posts

+646
Excellent

Posted 8 October 2017 - 08:29

If EPGimport on VTi cannot import xz files, I think is time users will react and report the problem to the VTi developpers.

The version of EPGimport on the OE-Alliance Github is the correct one. And also the new sources can be found on the OE-Alliance Github.

There should be no problem.

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Maxytec Multibox SE OpenPli (used as mediaplayer)
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

Sat: 13E, 19.2E, 23.5E and 28.2E
*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: CrossEPG not finding Rytec sources #26 viebrix

• 38 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 8 October 2017 - 12:26

Willy, you are sure right. Many users have already react on your thread in the vuplus-support forum. But currently no admin or vti team member gave any statement to this topic. And the users now think every problem is repaired with changing only the rytec source file. I have now mentioned that after 1.1.2018 the import will not work any more because of the xz compression. I'm very grateful what you are doing for me and all the other users out there. And your decision to split all the epg data in different files is also a right one for speed and usability. I hope someone in the VTI team will address the problem - because my cable provider only delivers epg data for 24 hours and without your import - I'm really lost after 1.Jan 2018. Because I'm not sure installing your new libraries - how this will influence the VTI image on the whole. Thanks for your work! best regards viebrix

Re: CrossEPG not finding Rytec sources #27 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,263 posts

+646
Excellent

Posted 8 October 2017 - 12:29

Because I'm not sure installing your new libraries - how this will influence the VTI image on the whole. Thanks for your work! best regards viebrix

This is something only the VTi development team can answer.

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: CrossEPG not finding Rytec sources #28 viebrix

• 38 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 8 October 2017 - 12:34

Pr2, with cross epg I'm also able to watch TV. There is only a small progressbar in the upper right corner. And if I want to change the channel during this time (10 minutes), I can swith to the tv tuner. Scheduling the epgimport I'm and other family members will not see if it is currently running, you click on your remote and it is not reacting, you click again (because you thought the remote was not aiming to the box) and select something and click ok - but it steps two time through the menu before selecting it (because of the delay). This leads possible that you delete something, instead of choosing cancle. I'm personal know when I have scheduled the import and will be careful, but other family members... won't think about epg import..

Re: CrossEPG not finding Rytec sources #29 viebrix

• 38 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 8 October 2017 - 12:42

Willy, I know therefore I wanted to try to compile crossepg, because it's more independent from those libraries. But I haven't found how I can compile it for my box. Thanks again for your work.

Re: CrossEPG not finding Rytec sources #30 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,589 posts

+160
Excellent

Posted 8 October 2017 - 13:17

@viebrix, why do people use these images with so many missing features? This is software for a satellite receiver box, and they can't even get satconfig, manual scan or satfinder right. Load a decent image on your box.

Re: CrossEPG not finding Rytec sources #31 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,263 posts

+646
Excellent

Posted 8 October 2017 - 13:18

Willy, I know therefore I wanted to try to compile crossepg, because it's more independent from those libraries. But I haven't found how I can compile it for my box. Thanks again for your work.

I tried to compile crossepg, but failed miserably.  The errors it threw up  were too much for my knowledge.

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: CrossEPG not finding Rytec sources #32 viebrix

• 38 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 8 October 2017 - 13:53

@Huevos I'm from Austria and I'm using my VU+ Duo2 for dvb-c. VTI image was the image for VU+ which seemed to have the greatest community in german language. Unfortunately my english is not very good and so I'm feeling more comfortable in german. VTI image also was already installed on my box as I bought it - because at this time (3 1/2 years ago) the original image couldn't handle 3TB harddiscs. The VTI impressed me with all the possibilities and I'm a great fan of the serienrecorder plugin, which also has a great maintainance task in the vti forum. Which image would you recommend for an dvb-c/t2 user with main task to use the serienrecorder, who needs additional epg data (because cable provider doesn't deliver more than 24h with dvb-c) who want's to use all the LCD4Linux features for the duo2 und who uses mediaportal for tv-theke streams and sometimes youtube

Re: CrossEPG not finding Rytec sources #33 viebrix

• 38 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 8 October 2017 - 13:56

Willy is it possible to compile directly on the box or should I make some virtual pc linux image to compile on my pc. Or is there a possibility to do it under windows? maybe you can give me only some hint to a tutorial or forum very such things are described...?

Re: CrossEPG not finding Rytec sources #34 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,263 posts

+646
Excellent

Posted 8 October 2017 - 15:02

I am using the OpenPLi building enviroment on a Linux PC (not on the receiver itself)

See here an user guide:  http://users.telenet...npliubuntu.html

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: CrossEPG not finding Rytec sources #35 viebrix

• 38 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 8 October 2017 - 15:20

Willy thank you so much!

Re: CrossEPG not finding Rytec sources #36 gogglebox

• 95 posts

Neutral

Posted 14 October 2017 - 17:13

The way CrossEPG has compiled the sources means that it's all the packages or none of them per country. Also they don't have the News package in there at all. My News channels have a blank EPG

For me, it would make sense mohave two options per country, all the packages and just the free channels. I only receive the FTA channels so anything extra is redundant and I want to download less as well. Would it be possible to pass this onto the CrossEPG team?

Re: CrossEPG not finding Rytec sources #37 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,263 posts

+646
Excellent

Posted 15 October 2017 - 07:28

Which CrossEPG team?  That is one of the problems.

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: CrossEPG not finding Rytec sources #38 viebrix

• 38 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:56

googlebox - you are able to define your sources by yourself. I have also changed the austria/germany/swiss source to an AT source and an DE_Basic and DE_Common source. The advantage is you can select every source independently. But can you tell me where I can find the compiled version of crossepg and for whichbox this version is?

Re: CrossEPG not finding Rytec sources #39 viebrix

• 38 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:09

googlebox unzip the file rytec_NWS.zip and store rytec_NWS.conf on your box in the crossepg/providers directory.

on my box this is in /USR/CROSSEPG/PROVIDERS

I hope I'm allowed to upload this file here? :-/

Re: CrossEPG not finding Rytec sources #40 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,263 posts

+646
Excellent

Posted 17 October 2017 - 13:00

Provide me with a working ipk for Crossepg pls.

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users