6.0 Stable Release

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

Re: 6.0 Stable Release #81 bril

• 204 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 26 October 2017 - 06:15

Looks this also solves my problem, when I restart Samba on box 1 I can see the share on box 2 again.

/etc/init.d/samba.sh restart

Attached Files

Edited by bril, 26 October 2017 - 06:18.

Mut@ntHD51 STB 4K 2x,  Openpli 7.1 release  , 60 cm schotel 2x duo-lnb, 19.2/23.5 vaste opstelling, Panasonic TXL55DT50E

Re: 6.0 Stable Release #82 zebulon7

• 415 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:39

try to flash simply another time, it has work fine for me.

Vu+ Duo 4K SE / OpenATV 7.3 / Double Tuner TNT

Vu+ Duo2 / OpenPLi 9.0 / Double Tuner TNT

Re: 6.0 Stable Release #83 wabe

• 45 posts

Neutral

Posted 31 October 2017 - 15:54

Upgraded OpenPLi 6 today. After the upgrade Samba doesn't start and I receive the following errors when restarting:

root@vusolo2:~# /etc/init.d/samba.sh restart

Stopping Samba: smbd nmbd.

Waiting for samba processes to die off...

Starting Samba: smbd/usr/sbin/smbd: error while loading shared libraries: libsmbd-base-samba4.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

nmbd/usr/sbin/nmbd: error while loading shared libraries: libpopt-samba3-samba4.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Re: 6.0 Stable Release #84 wabe

• 45 posts

Neutral

Posted 31 October 2017 - 16:09

Also tried removing samba and reinstall. Didn't work either. Apparently there are packages missing.

Re: 6.0 Stable Release #85 blunt

• 159 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 31 October 2017 - 17:20

Also tried removing samba and reinstall. Didn't work either. Apparently there are packages missing.

did you update openpli recently like yesterday or today

the mount was off for me , i did:  /etc/init.d/samba.sh restart and it works

Re: 6.0 Stable Release #86 wabe

• 45 posts

Neutral

Posted 31 October 2017 - 18:20

did you update openpli recently like yesterday or today

the mount was off for me , i did:  /etc/init.d/samba.sh restart and it works

I upgraded today - Build 2017-10-30 and this problem came up. As you may notice in my first post on this page. I issued '/etc/init.d/samba.sh and received the error messages I posted. After uninstall/reinstall smb.conf is also missing from /etc/samba

Re: 6.0 Stable Release #87 blunt

• 159 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 31 October 2017 - 18:37

try

opkg update && opkg install sabma --force-reinstall

then check if you have the samba.conf

also retry to update twice in a row , missing package need to be installed after a reboot 

Edited by blunt, 31 October 2017 - 18:41.

Re: 6.0 Stable Release #88 wabe

• 45 posts

Neutral

Posted 31 October 2017 - 20:44

I did. smb.conf wasn't recreated but manually added it from a post in this forum. Samba now at least start without error and I "see" the box. I cannot access the shares however.

Re: 6.0 Stable Release #89 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 31 October 2017 - 21:08

also retry to update twice in a row , missing package need to be installed after a reboot 

Correct, you may have to update multiple times, thanks to circular dependencies in the samba packages (dependencies that only appear after samba has been installed).

To reinstall, it is better to do

opkg remove samba && opkg install samba

it is not the same as "force-reiinstall", and has less side effects. It will also solve the missing smb.conf issue (that was created in the 15/10 build).

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: 6.0 Stable Release #90 wabe

• 45 posts

Neutral

Posted 31 October 2017 - 21:42

Correct, you may have to update multiple times, thanks to circular dependencies in the samba packages (dependencies that only appear after samba has been installed).

To reinstall, it is better to do

opkg remove samba && opkg install samba

it is not the same as "force-reiinstall", and has less side effects. It will also solve the missing smb.conf issue (that was created in the 15/10 build).

Samba works now, sort of, with my manually added smb.conf. Cannot access the shares however. Have tried from computers with windows, macOS and Linux. Same result.

Re: 6.0 Stable Release #91 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 31 October 2017 - 21:44

How do you try to connect (lets stick to Windows). By name? Using "\\ip-name"? Via network neighborhood? Other?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: 6.0 Stable Release #92 wabe

• 45 posts

Neutral

Posted 31 October 2017 - 22:00

How do you try to connect (lets stick to Windows). By name? Using "\\ip-name"? Via network neighborhood? Other?

Network neighborhood. My box is visible as "VuSolo2". When I try to open it I get an unspecific error message that the resource is unavailable.

Re: 6.0 Stable Release #93 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 31 October 2017 - 22:01

So you see it, but you can't connect to it? That sounds indeed like some library is missing.

You are sure there is no library update waiting?

opkg update && opkg upgrade

Re: 6.0 Stable Release #94 wabe

• 45 posts

Neutral

Posted 31 October 2017 - 22:20

So you see it, but you can't connect to it? That sounds indeed like some library is missing.

You are sure there is no library update waiting?

opkg update && opkg upgrade

Yes, pretty sure! Have reinstalled several times plus /etc/init.d/samba.sh restart. Have also checked that smbd/nmbd runs through "ps"

Re: 6.0 Stable Release #95 zebulon7

• 415 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 31 October 2017 - 22:37

Have you try try to simply flash another time, like i did for the first release, on my vu+Duo2 ?

Re: 6.0 Stable Release #96 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 31 October 2017 - 22:38

Hmm...

I don't have a VU+ box here, but I'll try to flash something with 6.0-release first thing tomorrow morning, to see if I can find anything. My main box also runs 6.0-release, which runs fine.

Sorry I can't do it tonight, this old man needs his beauty sleep soon. ;)

Re: 6.0 Stable Release #97 wabe

• 45 posts

Neutral

Posted 31 October 2017 - 23:11

Hmm...

I don't have a VU+ box here, but I'll try to flash something with 6.0-release first thing tomorrow morning, to see if I can find anything. My main box also runs 6.0-release, which runs fine.

Sorry I can't do it tonight, this old man needs his beauty sleep soon. ;)

Don't bother! Made a last attempt and added an extra slash "/" at the end of the file paths as specified in an example at samba.org

After a new restart I was able to access the shares.

Re: 6.0 Stable Release #98 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 31 October 2017 - 23:14

Oef... Good to hear you've got it sorted, and thanks for the feedback!.

Re: 6.0 Stable Release #99 zebulon7

• 415 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 1 November 2017 - 10:12

For the futures version, should it be possible to create a batch for solve the samba prob's ?

I would like to know too if a second flash will solve it ?

Re: 6.0 Stable Release #100 ricki

• 571 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 1 November 2017 - 11:59

No samba after update, is there a fix?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users