Photo

Glamour Aura FHD skin - first public release canditate (RC3)

glamourskins FHD skin Glamour Aura FHD

• Please log in to reply
266 replies to this topic

Re: Glamour Aura FHD skin - first public release canditate (RC3) #181 jpuigs

• 1,143 posts

+32
Good

Posted 26 December 2019 - 23:43

On both receivers I currently use, Octagon SF8008 and Xtrend ET10K, I don't see any lag at all.

Octagon has SatDreamGr 6 Image.

Edited by jpuigs, 26 December 2019 - 23:46.

Enigma is getting old....

Spoiler

Re: Glamour Aura FHD skin - first public release canditate (RC3) #182 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,257 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 27 December 2019 - 08:09

Please note that putting msn weather on the skin is illegal.... to do it right you need to pay! I’m afraid skin builders and/or image builders are not aware of it.... usually you need an api key and with such key grabbing the weather stops after eg 200 grabs per day.
So when we do it right we cannot get that weather msn inside our feeds.... the same may be valid for other skins.

With msn weather it grabs the msn website to work a round not paying for the api... this each half an our and it seems to be a few MB it downloads...

Edited by littlesat, 27 December 2019 - 08:50.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Glamour Aura FHD skin - first public release canditate (RC3) #183 MCelliotG

• 443 posts

+35
Good

Posted 27 December 2019 - 12:21

I was not aware of that though, does this mean the MSN weather plugin is illegal as well?

However, the skin works without MSN weather, so it can be safely built without this dependancy. If any user wants weather they can download it on their own risk!

Now, having said that, is there a "legal" way to put weather info into skins?

Re: Glamour Aura FHD skin - first public release canditate (RC3) #184 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,257 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 27 December 2019 - 12:43

In fact it is illegal...

I tried to find a legal way and to support this a serious amount of $$$ is required...

As long msn does not adapt their website it might (illegaly) work...

Edited by littlesat, 27 December 2019 - 12:43.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Glamour Aura FHD skin - first public release canditate (RC3) #185 MCelliotG

• 443 posts

+35
Good

Posted 27 December 2019 - 13:34

I see, now I don't want to play the devil's advocate, but I failed to find an api for MSNweather actually, at least one that requires payment. Google weather yes, but MSN?

I found a discussion here that says the api is essentially dead?

https://stackoverflo...t-of-conditions

Re: Glamour Aura FHD skin - first public release canditate (RC3) #186 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,257 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 27 December 2019 - 13:39

So they grab their website...

Re: Glamour Aura FHD skin - first public release canditate (RC3) #187 MCelliotG

• 443 posts

+35
Good

Posted 27 December 2019 - 13:50

From what I see in the converter's code, yes. Is that really illegal though?

Re: Glamour Aura FHD skin - first public release canditate (RC3) #188 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,540 posts

+1,736
Excellent

Posted 27 December 2019 - 14:01

Technically yes, if you are ripping content for redistribution.

In this case, it is a single user reading a website page. Whether that user reads it through some code that reformats the data, or through a webbrowser, is imho irellevant. If that wouldn't be allowed, running a script filter in a browser wouldn't be either.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Glamour Aura FHD skin - first public release canditate (RC3) #189 MCelliotG

• 443 posts

+35
Good

Posted 27 December 2019 - 14:35

There's a lot to argue in this discussion, I see (for instance if ripping a website is illegal, then other grabbers should be as well), but the bottomline is that the skin can work fine without MSN weather, it's not even a dependency, and this is how exactly I have it working. If any user wants Weather Info, they can take the risk of downloading MSN weather externally. I believe it's the best of both worlds.

Re: Glamour Aura FHD skin - first public release canditate (RC3) #190 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,540 posts

+1,736
Excellent

Posted 27 December 2019 - 14:38

I think the question is not how you consume the data from the web page (as that is personal, if you're blind it could be a screenreader), but what you do with the data.

I don't think there is anything illegal with extracting the data for personal use. They might not like it (as you don't see all the ads), but I don't think there is any law against it.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Glamour Aura FHD skin - first public release canditate (RC3) #191 MCelliotG

• 443 posts

+35
Good

Posted 27 December 2019 - 14:55

Fully agreed! There are a lot of grey areas with data extraction, for instance EPG grabbing is also on the verge of what could be called legal or not!

BTW, I believe next week in the new year, I'll have ready at least two new color combinations of GlamourAura!

Re: Glamour Aura FHD skin - first public release canditate (RC3) #192 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,540 posts

+1,736
Excellent

Posted 27 December 2019 - 15:01

Ok.

As to the build, our develop images run with AUTOREV, so they always use HEAD when building from a git repo.

All release images are pinned on commit hash, so that work-in-progress doen't crash a release build. This means that if you want to release a new (and tested ! ) version, this pinning needs to be updated.

You can do that by sending a pull request to the release branch, with an update of this line: https://github.com/O...orefs.conf#L271

Re: Glamour Aura FHD skin - first public release canditate (RC3) #193 MCelliotG

• 443 posts

+35
Good

Posted 27 December 2019 - 15:33

Thank you so very very much!!!  :lol: 

I will definitely put tests for the new skins, although only the graphics change and some color code.

Re: Glamour Aura FHD skin - first public release canditate (RC3) #194 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,257 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 27 December 2019 - 16:55

There's a lot to argue in this discussion, I see (for instance if ripping a website is illegal, then other grabbers should be as well), but the bottomline is that the skin can work fine without MSN weather, it's not even a dependency, and this is how exactly I have it working. If any user wants Weather Info, they can take the risk of downloading MSN weather externally. I believe it's the best of both worlds

This discussion is somehow offtopic...

With an api where you pay for the service getting the weather info is less complex, faster and needs less data to download and process...

​This grabbing system grabs the website with relatively more data and more data to process... In addition when the website changes it's layout the code can't grab the weather data anymore which might lead to unexpected behavior (when not good covered in the code), which you do not have with the api.

Re: Glamour Aura FHD skin - first public release canditate (RC3) #195 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,540 posts

+1,736
Excellent

Posted 27 December 2019 - 17:22

Absolutely true, but not always an option.

As they say, "If you can't do it how it should, you should do it how you can"... ;)

Re: Glamour Aura FHD skin - first public release canditate (RC3) #196 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,070 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 2 January 2020 - 08:54

Hi,

Is it normal that the skin is not in the list?

opkg list | grep glamour

Checked on VU+ Solo4K with develop image.

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Glamour Aura FHD skin - first public release canditate (RC3) #197 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,540 posts

+1,736
Excellent

Posted 2 January 2020 - 12:39

No.

root@vuduo4k:~# opkg list | grep glamour
enigma2-plugin-skins-glamouraurafhd - 6.0.5+git456+7199787-r0.0

box not up to date?

edit: think I already see it, there is a feed dependency missing: https://github.com/O...205644189183aae

Re: Glamour Aura FHD skin - first public release canditate (RC3) #198 MCelliotG

• 443 posts

+35
Good

Posted 2 January 2020 - 16:43

Thank you so much. Another 4 GlamourAura color skins will be uploaded within the next couple of days on Github as well. Tests went great so far.

Here are some previews:

GlamourAuraBerry

berry1.jpg 

GlamourAuraLime

lime1.jpg 

Glamor Aura Mango

mango1.jpg

GlamourAuraRose

rose1.jpg rose2.jpg

Edited by MCelliotG, 2 January 2020 - 16:46.

Re: Glamour Aura FHD skin - first public release canditate (RC3) #199 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,070 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 3 January 2020 - 14:15

No.

root@vuduo4k:~# opkg list | grep glamour
enigma2-plugin-skins-glamouraurafhd - 6.0.5+git456+7199787-r0.0

box not up to date?

edit: think I already see it, there is a feed dependency missing: https://github.com/O...205644189183aae

Thanks with your change the skin is there now:  enigma2-plugin-skins-glamouraurafhd

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

Re: Glamour Aura FHD skin - first public release canditate (RC3) #200 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,070 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 3 January 2020 - 14:46

@MCelliotG,

Here is my feedback about your skin, it is a nice one and it has a lot of works to create it.

But in the channel list the Yellow star seems to highlight the TV program broadcasted around 20H00, how to change it since now most evening shows/movies start rather at 21H00 than at 20H00 (at least in France, Belgium).  My suggestion is to use the Prime Time that we can defined for the EPG. So we can easily change it and there will information displayed between the channel list and the EPG prime time will be consistent.

Also in the EPG since you use very big picon the text seems so small compared to the picon, I would advice that you increase the text size there (or define it into bold).

Another point for exemple if you go into the Information > About screen  it display the title: Detected tuners and below we still have text, but we saw the very top of the next line cropped.  Would be better to adjust the display to avoid this cropped effect.

Attached File  info.jpg   128.08KB   9 downloads

Regards,

Pr2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users