6.1 Release is public

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Re: 6.1 Release is public #21 jort38

• 644 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 7 January 2018 - 11:48

this ​means 6.2 will be introduced shortly now as BETA while 6.1 will be the only STABLE available, thus 4 EoL and yet 6.0 to be phased out already?

EoL only happens on new major releases, so OpenPLi 4 goes EoL when 7.0-release is out, OpenPLi 6.x will go EoL when OpenPLi 8.0-release is out. etc.

With all my Xtrends I still have a warning, so still on 4.
Is there chance the driver issue is resolved before version 4 Goes EOL?

Vu+ Ultimo 4K (4 TB HD, DVBS FSB, DVBC FBC & OpenPli 9),

Xtrend ET10000 (1 DVBS works via ethernet & OpenPli 9),

Xtrend ET10000 (DVBT2 & OpenPli 9, located in Thailand). Only latest stable releases.

Xtrend ET10000 (works via ethernet & OpenPli 9) and

Xtrend ET8000 (1 TB HD, 1 DVBT2 & works via ethernet & OpenPli 9)

Re: 6.1 Release is public #22 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 7 January 2018 - 13:30

I think you should ask Xtrend, we're still waiting...

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: 6.1 Release is public #23 fidelcastro54

• 342 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 7 January 2018 - 13:35

This is the readon why i kicked my xtrend boxes. :(

Gesendet von meinem SM-T813 mit Tapatalk

VU+ Duo2 *OpenPLI 7.0 *int. 1TB HDD *16TB QNAP-NAS Gb-LAN *OSCam*HD+ HD02 *Sky V14 *MTV Unlimited

Re: 6.1 Release is public #24 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,614 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 7 January 2018 - 13:36

Is the future strategy of the OpenPli image maintenace to offer "software updates" to the new image releases, without the need to flash anymore ?

Or are the software updates rather intended to be more like "flashing the new image from the remote control instead of the usb device" ?

Minor release upgrades can be done using software update (so 6.0 -> 6.1 -> 6.2 ...), Major release upgrades have to be flashed (as those will introduce a new version of OpenEmbedded). 

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: 6.1 Release is public #25 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,614 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 7 January 2018 - 13:40

Do the plugins (third-party or from the feed) use also other folders than "\usr\lib\enigma2\python\Plugins\Extensions" ?

No.

Is there any wiki "step by step" description available (with screenshots if possible) about how to autobackup, flash and autorestore ?

No. But it is very simple.

• Make sure you have local storage (USB disk, internal or external disk, box with an MMC card, etc).
  • Press menu, go to Setup, Flash image
  • Select the image you want to flash
  • Select you want to flash with a backup
  • Make yourself some coffee...

After the flash, your backup will be automatically restored, your installed plugins (if not installed manually) will be reinstalled, and you are back in business.

On slower boxes it will be faster than a software upgrade of 400+ packages...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: 6.1 Release is public #26 mymon

• 145 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 7 January 2018 - 15:01

Do the plugins (third-party or from the feed) use also other folders than "\usr\lib\enigma2\python\Plugins\Extensions" ?

I'd say that's a default path for plugins but there is much more you can install that you would have to look after manually (like: Skins/OpenVPN/IPtables/APC-UPS settins ect)

It really depends what you have on the box.. Autobackup give you ability to manually add scope for backup - like fstab or custom bootlogo/skin settings etc

Vu+ Duo, Solo2, Solo4K OpenPLi
CN: DM800Se, SoloPro, Duo, Solo2Se, Solo2 Lonrisun & Sunray, Zgemma Star H.2S

Re: 6.1 Release is public #27 FRAP

• 329 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 7 January 2018 - 16:24

I decided to watch the movie IPTV and put the film on record. Then I did not like the movie, I wanted to stop the recording and immediately delete it.
(clicked on the RED button appeared MENU there chose the action Stop Recording And Delete I agreed and received the greens)
VU+DUO2 OpenPLi 6.1 stable

Attached Files

Alcohol for wimps. Strong people enjoy depression.

Re: 6.1 Release is public #28 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,614 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 7 January 2018 - 16:41

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 208, in processDelay
    callback(*retval)
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/InfoBarGenerics.py", line 2359, in confirm
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/InfoBarGenerics.py", line 2352, in moveToTrash
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/MovieSelection.py", line 173, in moveServiceFiles
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

Looks like the recording was already gone, or never started in the first place?

I assume you started the recording with the red button as well? Can you try it again, then check if a running timer is created for this recording, and if the recording file is actually created?

Re: 6.1 Release is public #29 FRAP

• 329 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 7 January 2018 - 16:58

I'm from the bouquet of TV there I still have Iptv sheets turned on the film then pressed the red button I chose the recording without determining the end time (the movie I chose was not a satellite one but I chose to view it)) Then I pressed the red button again and chose Stop Recording And I did not delete the timers I created everything I had on the air

Re: 6.1 Release is public #30 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,614 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 7 January 2018 - 17:03

It this a public stream, or is it some (illegal) IPTV provider?

For recording a stream, a second stream will start, and most providers block that, so that might be a reason why there is no recording (which doesn't mean it should crash though).

Re: 6.1 Release is public #31 FRAP

• 329 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 7 January 2018 - 17:11

it's not a publicly legal stream from the Internet (I'm sorry now it came to me with your help)

Re: 6.1 Release is public #32 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,614 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 7 January 2018 - 17:14

Then it's most likely a block on the second stream. We'll have to find a way of detecting that so we can show an error message when you start the recording, and not have it crash when you stop it. ;) 

Re: 6.1 Release is public #33 FRAP

• 329 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 7 January 2018 - 17:17

translation from the gull is a nightmare! Illegal viewing from me Thank you I understood what's the matter

Re: 6.1 Release is public #34 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,075 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 8 January 2018 - 10:48

Hi,

I just test an online update on a Zgemme H.5 and everything went fine!

You just need to be patient and not getting afraid with this message on screen (because it stay on it for a "quite" long time and it repeats several times)

depmod: WARNING: could not open /lib/modules/4.10.6/modules.order: No such file or directory
depmod: WARNING: could not open /lib/modules/4.10.6/modules.builtin: No such file or directory

After the switch to OpenPLi 6.1 I perform another update and 9 packages are updated and the same Warning is displayed on screen (just to let you know).

I check on the STB and modules.order doesn't exist at all in this folder, and modules.builtin doesn't exist but modules.builtin.bin exists in /lib/modules/4.10.6/

So I check in the folder:  /lib/modules/4.10.12/ and there both files exists. Just for information.

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: 6.1 Release is public #35 satdz

• 40 posts

Neutral

Posted 8 January 2018 - 11:17

Highlights:[edit]
  • Flashimage support: Online Flash - Flash your box with a new image using your remote. Press Menu, and go to Setup, Flash image. See https://forums.openp...ot/#entry745951 (experimental!)
  • Improvements on Helptext messages
  • Gstreamer upgrade to v1.12.3
  • Cablescan - Different regions can now be selected for scanning
  • Add fastscan for KabelKiosk and Diveo Germany
  • Quad PiP for VU+ Solo 4K and Ultimo 4K receivers
  • Kodi support for VU+ and Mutant receivers
  • Kodi and HbbTV  support for all VU+ UHD receivers
  • Support for DVB streams over HTTPS
  • HbbTV (Except for Miraclebox. No support from the manufacturer)
  • Multiboot for Mutant HD51 and Zgemma H7
  • VU+ now supports offline decoding using either a softcam or a CI module

Hello, you say that Kodi is supported by Vu + and this is not the case and why hbbtv is supported only by vu + UHD? 

Re: 6.1 Release is public #36 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,274 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 8 January 2018 - 12:28

Kodi is supported as it works here as a charm... And hbbtv is only in 4K boxes indeed. For mips vu boxes you can install openopera(2) for hbbtv.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: 6.1 Release is public #37 satdz

• 40 posts

Neutral

Posted 8 January 2018 - 15:04

Kodi is supported as it works here as a charm... And hbbtv is only in 4K boxes indeed. For mips vu boxes you can install openopera(2) for hbbtv.

ok,but it work only boxes 4k???

Re: 6.1 Release is public #38 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 8 January 2018 - 18:13

Littlesat told you half of the story.

Kodi is supported on VU+ ARM UHD receivers, support by VU+ and a little bit of glue by our team members

Kodi is supported on Mutant and Zgemma ARM UHD receivers, support by Mutant and Zgemma.

If one works (on to a certain level) it doesn't mean that counts for the other as well. They're completely different implementations.

Edited by Erik Slagter, 8 January 2018 - 18:14.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: 6.1 Release is public #39 blunt

• 159 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 8 January 2018 - 18:17

https://forums.openp...-clarification/

6.1 stable still have this bug in the french translation, first line is in english "(download and reboot ( recommended and doesnt have the closing " )"

all other lines are in french

Edited by blunt, 8 January 2018 - 18:17.

Re: 6.1 Release is public #40 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,075 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 8 January 2018 - 19:20

Translation is already in release-6.1 branch:

https://github.com/O...50d582f6ff586c5

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users