30 replies to this topic

Re: Zero 4k - transcode #21 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 8 June 2018 - 12:18

It has nothing to do with power.

It's very simple to check. If you VU+ receiver has a "file" called /dev/bcm_enc0 it can do transcoding. If it doesn't it can't.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Zero 4k - transcode #22 daveraver

• 412 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 11 June 2018 - 19:27

and it depends on SoC architecture, not on hardware drivers...? very particular the zero 4k broadcom SoC. it doesnt appear at broadcom website, or I wasnt able to find it... anyway... zero is a zapper, not dual tuner, the hardware properties just fit to a single tuner... what about Anga 2018? it begin tomorrow. new vu+ deco on the horizon?
regards

Edited by daveraver, 11 June 2018 - 19:27.

Re: Zero 4k - transcode #23 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,562 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 11 June 2018 - 20:42

It depends on both.

If the SoC doesn't support it, end of story. If it does, then the drivers must enable it, amongst others by creating the "bcm_enc0" device.

Not all drivers enable all features of the SoC, most of it is controlled by licenses the manufacturer must buy from Broadcom. So cheap boxes tend to have less features, even if they use the same SoC as a more expensive box.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Zero 4k - transcode #24 daveraver

• 412 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 12 June 2018 - 12:27

It depends on both.

If the SoC doesn't support it, end of story. If it does, then the drivers must enable it, amongst others by creating the "bcm_enc0" device.

Not all drivers enable all features of the SoC, most of it is controlled by licenses the manufacturer must buy from Broadcom. So cheap boxes tend to have less features, even if they use the same SoC as a more expensive box

It would be fine to use streamproxy to change the default streaming port.

There is any way to make it possible?

This change of port is a mania of mine... We cannot hide what we are doing, I know it, neither by changing default streaming port neither using vpn... but ISP doesnt have any evidency, but we all know, they guess what we are doing... sure

PD: Vu+ Duo 4k on the road... 

Edited by daveraver, 12 June 2018 - 12:28.

Re: Zero 4k - transcode #25 daveraver

• 412 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 12 June 2018 - 12:39

Just a last point about Zero 4k. It is said it has gigabit ethernet, We can see it on the manual inside the package. But why people says is has fast ethernet, 10/100 ??? I know an enigma2 image that let to do a speed network test by Ookla... I will load it on multiboot to check the network card... 

Re: Zero 4k - transcode #26 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,562 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 12 June 2018 - 12:49

If you have an ISP that are interested in what you do (for example for filtering or traffic shaping purposes), the portnumber is not relevant at all, these devices look at content.

Besides that, opening up the streaming port on the internet is a very dumb thing to do, the box is not a security device, and before you know it you are a supplier to an illegal IPTV network.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Zero 4k - transcode #27 daveraver

• 412 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 12 June 2018 - 13:33

If you have an ISP that are interested in what you do (for example for filtering or traffic shaping purposes), the portnumber is not relevant at all, these devices look at content.

Besides that, opening up the streaming port on the internet is a very dumb thing to do, the box is not a security device, and before you know it you are a supplier to an illegal IPTV network.

yes, I am using openvpn, not iptables as I wanted. Some ISP ara encapsulating packages to frustrate some tasks sometimes. I am not a masive iptv transmitter, I am a very limitated transmiter, just 2 ovpn clients.... through 2 openwrt router... plugged on 2 Smart TV's... I never have seen connected on my deco any extrange IP...

The new Smart Tv has a singularity. They dont accept the 'user:pass@' link... so here was the difficulty... at least for me...

Greetings

Edited by daveraver, 12 June 2018 - 13:33.

Re: Zero 4k - transcode #28 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,562 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 12 June 2018 - 14:44

You are aware that what you are doing is quite possibily illegal?

Re: Zero 4k - transcode #29 daveraver

• 412 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 12 June 2018 - 21:06

yes, but I dont make bussiness... illegal, but is not the same as I could see the channels by no legal ways...?? and no legal to put the card on an enigma2 box too... what is legal? cards not pairing with the official box... Well, I am against the prohibitions...

Edited by daveraver, 12 June 2018 - 21:07.

Re: Zero 4k - transcode #30 oldgraf

• 26 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:18

Just a last point about Zero 4k. It is said it has gigabit ethernet, We can see it on the manual inside the package. But why people says is has fast ethernet, 10/100 ??? I know an enigma2 image that let to do a speed network test by Ookla... I will load it on multiboot to check the network card... 

from telnet or ssh type

ethtool eth0

this will tell you all

Re: Zero 4k - transcode #31 daveraver

• 412 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 13 June 2018 - 19:08

well, then.. 10/100.... which is the meaning of putting ethernet gigabit in the manual inside de package??? buuuufffgrrrrr...

pd: I am sorry for multi topic thread... it can be closed if you want...

Edited by daveraver, 13 June 2018 - 19:09.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users