Re: Unable to flash OpenPLi 4 to 6 during boot, Formuler F1 #21 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,625 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 14 October 2018 - 08:37

I wrote there now.
I tried many different ways.
Put the usb in, restart/deepstandby/complete shutdown from the wall.
When I run it on either using the button on the side or by remote control it goes from F1 {v43} to booting.

Previously I could see that it found the image and now it doesnt do anything ...it goes straight to booting.

I even tried to rename noforce to force and no success

May be, there is displayed "v43" instead info about founded image and then must be pressed "Down" button, as for flash bootloader ?

Or try diferent usb sticks ... may be, < 1GB ?

Edited by ims, 14 October 2018 - 08:41.

Kdo nic nedělá, nic nezkazí!

Re: Unable to flash OpenPLi 4 to 6 during boot, Formuler F1 #22 fat4l

• 13 posts

Neutral

Posted 14 October 2018 - 10:43

after the boot, all usb work. also, during boot I can see my usb light coming on and off so it means it works.

I tried to press that button on the side when v43 was displayed but it put the receiver into standby mode .....

I only have 3 usb sticks at home. I will go on ebay and buy some small 1 gb .

Weird thing is, that the USB I flashed the bootloader with doesnt work with the receiver for flashing anymore...

Re: Unable to flash OpenPLi 4 to 6 during boot, Formuler F1 #23 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,625 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 14 October 2018 - 12:11

< 1GB is not mandatory ... but sometimes the manufacturers mention it. Try any old small flash.

Btw - always check, if you unplug flash after copy correctly... there can be problem, that some file is corrupted and then box ignore it.  Try chceck filesystem on flash after copy, if all will be ok still.

Re: Unable to flash OpenPLi 4 to 6 during boot, Formuler F1 #24 fat4l

• 13 posts

Neutral

Posted 15 October 2018 - 17:12

all I tried was 8GB, 32GB and 64GB.
But like I said, the 32GB one worked before when flashing the bootloader. It also worked in my friends box

Re: Unable to flash OpenPLi 4 to 6 during boot, Formuler F1 #25 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 15 October 2018 - 17:19

Unfortunately that doesn't say anything.

The bootloader has it's own USB device detection logic, and has a very short timeout, to not delay the normal boot process to much. If, for whatever reason, registering the USB device takes to long, the box doesn't see the stick in time and continues to boot.

This is where the advice of a small stick comes from (they usually register faster) and the advice to remove all other USB devices (if your stick is last in the detection queue it will not be seen either).

And, I think its mentioned before, there are bootloaders that corrupt the filesystem on the stick, so after use you need to format the stick FAT32 and unpack the zip on it again...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Unable to flash OpenPLi 4 to 6 during boot, Formuler F1 #26 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 15 October 2018 - 18:34

And, I think its mentioned before, there are bootloaders that corrupt the filesystem on the stick, so after use you need to format the stick FAT32 and unpack the zip on it again...

+1

Start with a freshly formatted stick.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Unable to flash OpenPLi 4 to 6 during boot, Formuler F1 #27 fat4l

• 13 posts

Neutral

Posted 15 October 2018 - 19:27

ok guys I know what the issue was .

this should  be highlighted somewhere.

The need of fat 32 is not all!!!
What is also needed is to make sure that you drive is set up as MBR not GPT.
I used this usb stick to install UEFI windows 10 pro before thats why it was set up automatically to GPT.

Now I launched MiniTool Partition Wizard and deleted all, then changed GPT to MBR and created fat32 partition. Note this is 32GB usb3.0 stick. It WORKS NOW!

Standard(quick/long) format to fat32 will NOT help.

This should be pinned somewhere as I find this info quite usefull.

Re: Unable to flash OpenPLi 4 to 6 during boot, Formuler F1 #28 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 15 October 2018 - 19:42

I think if we're saying: use FAT, the use of "MBR" type would be rather implied. At the time that FAT was "developed" nobody had ever heard of "GPT".

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Unable to flash OpenPLi 4 to 6 during boot, Formuler F1 #29 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 15 October 2018 - 20:29

I would like to know how one can format a stick in FAT(16/32) and get a GPT on it, or reformat a stick with a GPT in FAT(16/32) and not have the GPT replaced with an MBR?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Unable to flash OpenPLi 4 to 6 during boot, Formuler F1 #30 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,625 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 15 October 2018 - 20:56

Btw - what bonus you got with new bootloader ? Is repaired, that always after reflash box you have not press twice power button on RC (button on box too, i think), when you want put box to standby ?

Re: Unable to flash OpenPLi 4 to 6 during boot, Formuler F1 #31 fat4l

• 13 posts

Neutral

Posted 15 October 2018 - 21:14

Not sure how you can have GPT with fat32 but thats what windows 10 format did. It didnt change it back to MBR.
GPT was done by windows download tool and also by Rufus.

To change it back I had to use that partition wizard.

New bootloader, I think its just a bit faster bootimes.
What do you mean IMS ?

Re: Unable to flash OpenPLi 4 to 6 during boot, Formuler F1 #32 mimisiku

• 5,462 posts

+114
Excellent

Posted 15 October 2018 - 22:19

On the website the changelog says: v43 now shown in VFD. That's it....
Met één been in het graf..... Helaas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users