Watch channels on TV and PC parallel

DM600

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Dialer

• 15 posts

Neutral

Posted 5 June 2008 - 10:36

I have installed my dreambox 600 in living room and made a LAN-connection to PC, installed in other room. Is it possible to watch some channel A on TV-cet in living room, parallel to watching channel B on PC? I mean if dreambox 600 have possibility to record 2 channels at once, it also migh be possible to watch them at once. Moreover, I did have watched channels in such way on Gemini, but lost that possibility after updating to last image version. The feature was in switching channels NOT by web-interface, but in making VLC-playlist of links like http://192.168.0.84:...,0113,047c,047d and switching between them (channels on TV do not switch when do in such a way!).

The question is if it is possible on PLi image? If not, are you planning to implement this feature?

Re: Watch channels on TV and PC parallel #2 Sjaaky

• 7,443 posts

+41
Good

Posted 5 June 2008 - 11:02

This is also possible on PLi, but the channel you watch with VLC must be FTA.

I have plans to make this possible for over 2 years now. Never got to it :(.

Re: Watch channels on TV and PC parallel #3 Dialer

• 15 posts

Neutral

Posted 5 June 2008 - 11:12

Actually ATM all channels of my cable operator are non-encrypted :)

Re: Watch channels on TV and PC parallel #4 Sjaaky

• 7,443 posts

+41
Good

Posted 5 June 2008 - 11:36

It should work when both channels are on the same transponder.

Re: Watch channels on TV and PC parallel #5 jonc

• 2,667 posts

Neutral

Posted 5 June 2008 - 11:37

But if you use ZapStream in Pli Iolite on the DM600 it is OK even if it is encrypted on the PC with vlc. The kids are watching Nickelodeon this way right now.
It's a hobby, so mileage varies Tell your friends about our Pli Wiki as it is there to help you - Click here for the PLi Wiki

Re: Watch channels on TV and PC parallel #6 Dialer

• 15 posts

Neutral

Posted 5 June 2008 - 11:42

But if you use ZapStream in Pli Iolite on the DM600 it is OK even if it is encrypted on the PC with vlc. The kids are watching Nickelodeon this way right now.

Does it work even if channels from different transponders?

PS: plz do not ignore another my problem.. Just give a hope that it could be solved :smt100 :smt022

Re: Watch channels on TV and PC parallel #7 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,473 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 5 June 2008 - 11:46

Does it work even if channels from different transponders?

no...

Re: Watch channels on TV and PC parallel #8 Dialer

• 15 posts

Neutral

Posted 5 June 2008 - 11:49

no...

OK, i see. Parallel recording also works only with channels from one transponder?

Re: Watch channels on TV and PC parallel #9 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,473 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 5 June 2008 - 11:57

no...

OK, i see. Parallel recording also works only with channels from one transponder?

Parallel recording ONLY works with channels from one transponder on a DM600!

Re: Watch channels on TV and PC parallel #10 Sjaaky

• 7,443 posts

+41
Good

Posted 5 June 2008 - 12:43

With zapstream you can only watch the channel selected on TV. Not a different channel.

Re: Watch channels on TV and PC parallel #11 TheMystery

• 395 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 5 June 2008 - 15:17

And how can u see different channels on the tv and the pc on the same transponder?

Re: Watch channels on TV and PC parallel #12 Sjaaky

• 7,443 posts

+41
Good

Posted 5 June 2008 - 16:07

As the topicstarter suggested.

Disable zapstream so video.m3u contains a url to dreambox:31339/0,vpid,apid,etc.. (with zapstream on it always contains dreambox:31344)
Save the urls for the channels you would like to watch in a playlist or for example bvn.m3u, whatever you fancy.

Zap to another channel on the same transponder
Start bvn.m3u with vlc.

On the dm500 the stream stops when you zap, but it is restartable. I guess the dm600 and dm500+ handle this situation better and continu streaming while you zap.

Re: Watch channels on TV and PC parallel #13 TheMystery

• 395 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 6 June 2008 - 12:39

ik have now this in my m3u http://192.168.1.103...,0200,0050,1ffe its from rtl4
if i put on rtl5 on the same transponder and open the rtl4.m3u with vlc on my pc i get nothing.

i have an dreambox 500+

Re: Watch channels on TV and PC parallel #14 Sjaaky

• 7,443 posts

+41
Good

Posted 6 June 2008 - 12:56

The channel you watch with VLC must be FTA.

Try tmf on tv and bvn on your pc. :)

Re: Watch channels on TV and PC parallel #15 jonc

• 2,667 posts

Neutral

Posted 6 June 2008 - 13:31

And how can u see different channels on the tv and the pc on the same transponder?

[Humour mode on]

Use many DM boxes as this real example shows below all bar one of these on zapstream to one PC. Notice the audio muted on most of them :)

Posted Image

Re: Watch channels on TV and PC parallel #16 pieterg

• PLi® Core member
  • 32,766 posts

+245
Excellent

Posted 6 June 2008 - 13:35

The channel you watch with VLC must be FTA.

Are you sure?
If you start the stream from the webinterface (so enigma knows you're streaming), AND you don't have zapstream selected, but are using the old tsstream instead, the channel can be crypted. (enigma treats this the same as a background recording, on a different channel than the one you are watching)

But it could be this only works on 600 / 70x0, as these boxed allow recording and dual decoding, 500(+) might not allow this.

Re: Watch channels on TV and PC parallel #17 Sjaaky

• 7,443 posts

+41
Good

Posted 6 June 2008 - 13:51

I've never stumbled upon that feature that's for sure.

As far as I know streamts and enigma are completely separate. Enigma doesn't know which pids streamts is streaming and does not decode them. But when this feature is not for the dm500 I might have missed it.

That's one of the reasons I (want / 'm going) to make zapstream a plugin for Enigma. It allows nice features like:
- dual decoding (and maybe more)
- use nicer urls http://dreambox/stream/current, http://dreambox/stream/NED2, http://dreambox/stre...am/<serviceref>
- multiple clients watching the same channel
- multiple clients watching the different channels

*note to self: check if the dm500 supports dual decoding.

Re: Watch channels on TV and PC parallel #18 jonc

• 2,667 posts

Neutral

Posted 6 June 2008 - 14:07

Radio (webif) and TV on the TV at the same time, yes, on the DM500, not dual TV channels as far as I have seen even if they are on the same transponder.

Here is an example

Posted Image
It's a hobby, so mileage varies Tell your friends about our Pli Wiki as it is there to help you - Click here for the PLi Wiki

Re: Watch channels on TV and PC parallel #19 Sjaaky

• 7,443 posts

+41
Good

Posted 6 June 2008 - 14:18

I've streamed up to 5 fta tv channels from the same transponder on a dm500. It works as long as the total stream is below the 2MB/s network speed threshold. But the software is experimental and not usable if you don't have a compiler nearby ;).

Re: Watch channels on TV and PC parallel #20 pieterg

• PLi® Core member
  • 32,766 posts

+245
Excellent

Posted 6 June 2008 - 14:28

As far as I know streamts and enigma are completely separate. Enigma doesn't know which pids streamts is streaming and does not decode them. But when this feature is not for the dm500 I might have missed it.

No, if you start streaming from the webinterface (instead of connecting to the streamts port directly), enigma allocates an extra service (can be seen because the available settinglist changes to the current transponder), and destributes capmt for it to the softcam.
Just like it does with a background recording.

However, the use is questionable, you are limited to a single transponder.
If you really want to be able to stream from you box, independent of the active channel, you need a twintuner (and enigma2 to properly handle it)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DM600

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users