# toggle_mode.sh by mrvica
MODE=`cat /proc/stb/video/videomode`
echo active mode $MODE
echo 720p > /proc/stb/video/videomode
cat /proc/stb/video/videomode
sleep 1
echo $MODE> /proc/stb/video/videomode

you my try this script, hopefully you get your OSD restored, it switches for a moment to 720p and back to your active mode, instead of 720p you my try another mode, you get them listed with

cat /proc/stb/video/videomode_choices

SOrry, it is not working. My Display always sahs it it 720p@60 like stated above. When I do my resolutin in a/v settings "trick", your script is starting to work and switches every resolution correctly. But not initial :(

Re: Duo4K resolution problem #22 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 1 January 2019 - 13:02

If I was you, I go a shop and purchase a new HDMI cable compatible with 2.0a (latest HDMI version) and test it.

Since you have now a 4K box you perhaps use a too old version HDMI cable and it gives trouble to the box so the box decrease the resolution to match the cable specification that you use.

The only difference between HDMI cables is the maximum (reliable!) bandwidth supported. The HDMI interface cannot detect what HDMI cable is attached. This also means that if you have a very cheap and very old HDMI cable, it might be able to carry UHD@60, if it's really short. If it's too long, you'll start to see pixelation or unable to sync. EDID is negotiated over a very slow I2C line (100 kHz) which will always work.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Duo4K resolution problem #23 Florie

• 54 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 7 February 2019 - 21:27

So, one more thing, as it did not get any better. I installed the autoresolution plugin and that did a bit of a trick.I configured that a 720p is a 720p and anything else 1080p. So when I turn on the TV it is wrong like stated in the beinnig of this topic. But when I change then to a 720p and afterwars to a 1080p, the resolution stays correct @1080p. So my question is, if I can use a specific part of the autoresolutin code (I actualley do not need this plugin, just for my standby problem) that the duo4k switches between 720p and 1080p directly after startup once, because this would be the only solution I can see now.

Re: Duo4K resolution problem #24 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 16 February 2019 - 12:36

I'd say explore the entry /proc/stb/video/videomode

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Duo4K resolution problem #25 Florie

• 54 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 23 February 2019 - 14:56

ok, got it working with

#!/bin/sh

# toggle_mode.sh by mrvica
MODE=`cat /proc/stb/video/videomode`
echo active mode $MODE
echo 1080p > /proc/stb/video/videomode
sleep 1
echo $MODE> /proc/stb/video/videomode

So use echo 1080p instead of 720p as mentioned above. Now the final question. Could I automatically let the script run if the box was in normal standby and got switched to "on"?

Re: Duo4K resolution problem #26 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 3 March 2019 - 11:22

BTW this is on our issuelist for the duo4k we're planning to send to VU+.

Re: Duo4K resolution problem #27 Florie

• 54 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 4 March 2019 - 10:40

@Erik Thank you ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users