Photo

Multituner: First commits - but they need a lot of improvements

• Please log in to reply
318 replies to this topic

Re: Multituner: First commits - but they need a lot of improvements #281 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,269 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 29 March 2019 - 11:46

The hastuners check in SystemConfig is not required at all... You need to check if there are tuners yes/no from the nimmanager... There IP tuners should be included aswell.

nimmanager.nim_slots should not be empty....

Edited by littlesat, 29 March 2019 - 11:51.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Multituner: First commits - but they need a lot of improvements #282 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,439 posts

+62
Good

Posted 29 March 2019 - 12:20

What if you remove tuners and want to use receiver without tuners. How do you change the tuner configuration?

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.

Re: Multituner: First commits - but they need a lot of improvements #283 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,588 posts

+1,738
Excellent

Posted 29 March 2019 - 13:11

Or have a Zgemma i55, which does not have tuners at all?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Multituner: First commits - but they need a lot of improvements #284 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,269 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 29 March 2019 - 14:06

FYI: https://github.com/O...161f857bbd2966a

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Multituner: First commits - but they need a lot of improvements #285 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,269 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 29 March 2019 - 14:15

For the satposdepends GSOD we need to check approx what we have in canDependOn (but we might need some changes for that) from line 949 in nimmanager and only add the option to configMode choices when we have nims with rotors...

At least this functions returns a positionerList and it only lists slots (nims) with rotors which do not have satposdepends yet...

I think you get something like this (around line 1582 in NimManager... sorry I cannot test this on a box today..

if len(nimmgr.getNimListOfType(slot.type, exception=slot_id)) > 0:
  config_mode_choices["equal"] = _("Equal to")
+if nimmgr.canDependOn(slot_id): 
  config_mode_choices["satposdepends"] = _("Second cable of motorized LNB")
if len(nimmgr.canConnectTo(slot_id)) > 0:
  config_mode_choices["loopthrough"] = _("Loop through from")

Re: Multituner: First commits - but they need a lot of improvements #286 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,269 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 30 March 2019 - 18:46

FYI https://github.com/O...b7e89b22c5cf2e3

Re: Multituner: First commits - but they need a lot of improvements #287 zeros

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,635 posts

+61
Good

Posted 2 April 2019 - 05:27

I tried with Enigma version 2019-03-31 (develop), what is not the most latest, but quite last.

I found such thing with my dm920, can you check this behaviour? :
I configure my Triple so:
1- all disabled

Next I enable only DVB-T.
2- enable-Tuner-A-Configure-DVB-T and I enable Tuner-B-Configure-DVB-T
And it remains Disabled! Why? It is NOK:
4-Tuner-A-B-remains-Disabled

Now I go On, I add Configure DVB-S
5-I-add-Configure-DVB-S

After Save that is OK - it shows Mode DVB-S2/T2
6-After-Save-OK-it-shows-Mode-DVB-S2/T2

7-I-go-back-and-disable-DVB-S
8-it-shows-now-correctly-Mode-DVB-T2
Maybe it is only dreambox behaviour but just in case, can you verify that somehow?

Attached Files

DM920UHD DVB-S2X TRIPLE tuner + Triple M.S tuner DVB-S2X, DVB-T2/T, QboxHD, QboxHD Mini, Icecrypt T2300HD,
Qviart Lunix3 4K, Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 4GB & 8GB

Vertex 4K60 4:4:4 600MHz

Re: Multituner: First commits - but they need a lot of improvements #288 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,269 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 2 April 2019 - 06:39

Maybe you tried in the past when it did not work properly yet... so in settings you have some left overs?.... or the configMode changes are ‘hurting’ here again? When I tested the last time I could disable everything and then enable dvb t or c only without issues and without going to enable dvb-s first...
It could also be that there is something wrong with your image as it cannot be genuine pli...
But I’ll try to verify it...

Edited by littlesat, 2 April 2019 - 06:43.

Re: Multituner: First commits - but they need a lot of improvements #289 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,269 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 2 April 2019 - 07:02

I’ll check it as soon as I can... in between I already have an idea what it could be... ‘nothing’ is removed as option when we have dvb-s from the configMode choices in satConfig.... so maybe due to this in Nimconfig it cannot set to simple...

Re: Multituner: First commits - but they need a lot of improvements #290 zeros

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,635 posts

+61
Good

Posted 2 April 2019 - 07:35

I looked at the bottom of the stuff that you added, couldn't change anything about it. I had a clean install, but I got that easy repeated. Put all disabled and then try again- And it will happen again when you start in these an unusual way. I'll check it again tonight, together with the last build.

DM920UHD DVB-S2X TRIPLE tuner + Triple M.S tuner DVB-S2X, DVB-T2/T, QboxHD, QboxHD Mini, Icecrypt T2300HD,

Re: Multituner: First commits - but they need a lot of improvements #291 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,269 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 2 April 2019 - 08:25

Few... sounds indeed we have one 'glitch' left... sorry that I did not see it...

Can you change line 1565 in NimManager.py from

if nim.configMode.value == 'nothing':

to this one

if "nothing" not in nim.configMode.choices.choices or nim.configMode.value == 'nothing':

and try again...?

I think most likely the issue is related to the fact "nothing" is removed from the configMode possible choices for DVB-S when we have a multi- or combined tuner... then configMode can never contain the value 'nothing' again....

I also need to investigate the other 'route' where all tuners are disabled. There nothing is added at the options but can also be removed in Satconfig.py.

def combinedConfigChanged(nim, slot, slot_id, configElement=None):
                               tunersEnabled = slot.getTunerTypesEnabled()
                               if tunersEnabled:
                                               tunersEnabled = ",".join(tunersEnabled)
                                               print "[InitNimManager] enable combined tuner type(s) %s" % tunersEnabled
                                               eDVBResourceManager.getInstance().setFrontendType(nimmgr.nim_slots[slot_id].frontend_id, tunersEnabled)
-                                              if nim.configMode.value == 'nothing':
+                                              if "nothing" not in nim.configMode.choices.choices or nim.configMode.value == 'nothing':
                                                               nim.configMode.value = nim.configMode.default = "simple" if "DVB-S" in tunersEnabled else "enabled"
                               else:
                                               print "[InitNimManager] disable combined tuner"
                                               eDVBResourceManager.getInstance().setFrontendType(nimmgr.nim_slots[slot_id].frontend_id, "UNDEFINED")
                                               nim.configMode.choices.choices.update({ "nothing": _("Disabled")})
                                               nim.configMode.value = nim.configMode.default = "nothing"

Edited by littlesat, 2 April 2019 - 08:32.

Re: Multituner: First commits - but they need a lot of improvements #292 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,269 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 2 April 2019 - 08:43

Maybe doing this in Satconfig.py is a better approach... just allow 'nothing' in case DVB-S is disabled... But then we need to 'remove' or redo this adaptConfigModeChoices more frequent... And in __init__ we can remove the adaptConfigModeChoices (not included below)

def adaptConfigModeChoices(self):
                               if self.nim.isCompatible("DVB-S") and not self.nim.isFBCLink():
                                               #redefine configMode choices with only the possible/required options.
                                               #We have to pre-define them here as here all tuner configs are known
                                               config_mode_choices = {"simple": _("Simple"), "advanced": _("Advanced")}
-                                              if not self.nim.multi_type or not self.nimConfig.configModeDVBS.value:
+                                              if not self.nim.multi_type or not self.nimConfig.configModeDVBS.value:
                                                               config_mode_choices["nothing"] = _("Disabled")
                                               if nimmanager.canEqualTo(self.slotid):
                                                               config_mode_choices["equal"] = _("Equal to")
                                               if nimmanager.canDependOn(self.slotid):
                                                               config_mode_choices["satposdepends"] = _("Second cable of motorized LNB")
                                               if nimmanager.canConnectTo(self.slotid):
                                                               config_mode_choices["loopthrough"] = _("Loop through from")
                                               self.nimConfig.configMode.setChoices(config_mode_choices, "simple")

def createSetup(self):
+                              self.adaptConfigModeChoices()
                               self.list = [ ]

self.multiType = self.configMode = self.diseqcModeEntry = self.advancedSatsEntry = self.advancedLnbsEntry = self.advancedDiseqcMode = self.advancedUsalsEntry = self.advancedLof =\
                               self.advancedPowerMeasurement = self.turningSpeed = self.turnFastEpochBegin = self.turnFastEpochEnd = self.toneburst = self.committedDiseqcCommand = self.uncommittedDiseqcCommand =\
                               self.commandOrder = self.cableScanType = self.cableConfigScanDetails = self.advancedUnicable = self.advancedFormat = self.advancedPosition = self.advancedType = self.advancedManufacturer =\
                               self.advancedSCR = self.advancedConnected = self.showAdditionalMotorOptions = self.selectSatsEntry = self.advancedSelectSatsEntry = self.singleSatEntry = self.toneamplitude =        self.scpc =\
                               self.t2mirawmode = self.forcelnbpower = self.forcetoneburst = self.terrestrialRegionsEntry = self.cableRegionsEntry = self.configModeDVBS = self.configModeDVBC = self.configModeDVBT =\
                               self.configModeATSC = None

Edited by littlesat, 2 April 2019 - 08:44.

Re: Multituner: First commits - but they need a lot of improvements #293 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,269 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 2 April 2019 - 08:46

Or... and then also update this more frequent... 

def adaptConfigModeChoices(self):
-                               if self.nim.isCompatible("DVB-S") and not self.nim.isFBCLink():
+                               if self.nim.isCompatible("DVB-S") and not self.nim.isFBCLink() and self.nimConfig.configModeDVBS.value:
                                               #redefine configMode choices with only the possible/required options.
                                               #We have to pre-define them here as here all tuner configs are known
                                               config_mode_choices = {"simple": _("Simple"), "advanced": _("Advanced")}
                                               if not self.nim.multi_type or not self.nimConfig.configModeDVBS.value:
                                                               config_mode_choices["nothing"] = _("Disabled")

Edited by littlesat, 2 April 2019 - 08:46.

Re: Multituner: First commits - but they need a lot of improvements #294 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,269 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 2 April 2019 - 08:48

And maybe even better create in SatConfig.py when you have DVB-S and not FBClink a 'fake' configMode with an addnotification that only has the options available that you can select. Let me sleep on it ;)

Re: Multituner: First commits - but they need a lot of improvements #295 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,269 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 2 April 2019 - 17:03

FYI... and it was more simple...

https://github.com/O...577ed6e65a493fb

Re: Multituner: First commits - but they need a lot of improvements #296 zeros

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,635 posts

+61
Good

Posted 2 April 2019 - 17:29

Thanks, I thought it can't be difficult.

Re: Multituner: First commits - but they need a lot of improvements #297 zeros

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,635 posts

+61
Good

Posted 4 April 2019 - 05:21

Everything's really good, at least from here side. For you should give the golden medal or send to a vacation to the Canary or better Galapagos Islands. I tested the last night build, everything's fine.

Re: Multituner: First commits - but they need a lot of improvements #298 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,269 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 4 April 2019 - 06:49

Thanks for the feedback’

Re: Multituner: First commits - but they need a lot of improvements #299 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,439 posts

+62
Good

Posted 13 April 2019 - 21:02

Can someone with a Sundtek USB satellite tuner check it still works for them please? DVB C/T is fine.

Re: Multituner: First commits - but they need a lot of improvements #300 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,269 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 13 April 2019 - 22:38

It should work...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users