• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

Re: Slow zap on Vu+ Duo 4K #61 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,075 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 9 May 2019 - 12:57

How with OpenPLi 7.1, will the lcd4linux be installed by default?

PS. I found it strange that this is included, but not epgsearch. I think it is very very few people that want the lcd4linux, but many want epgsearch.

OpenPLi doesn't impose any plugin this is the difference with other image that pre-load many plugins, if you need epgsearch you need to install it, it is in the feed. Every user have its own usage so install what he really need.

And it is logical to install LCD4Linux on STB equipped with LCD, you won't find it install on STB not equiped with LCD.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Slow zap on Vu+ Duo 4K #62 Taykun345

• 1,297 posts

+41
Good

Posted 9 May 2019 - 13:48

Are you sure? LCD works even without LCD4Linux plugin, I have uninstalled it but LCD works normally with default settings on Duo4k. Or is there some leftover from plugin?

Army MoodBlue HD skin modification by me: https://github.com/T...-MoodBlueHD-mod
Matrix10 MH-HD2 skin modification by me: https://github.com/B...-MX-HD2-OpenPli
MetrixHD skin modification by me: https://github.com/T...xHD-WPstyle-mod
Slovenian translation for OpenPLi E2: https://github.com/T...ion-for-OpenPLi

Re: Slow zap on Vu+ Duo 4K #63 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 9 May 2019 - 15:01

Just a speculation...

Could be the OSD for that display that need to be communicated to the (extra) display, which might withhold some 'progress'... as it is e.g. not running in a separate thread within the LCD4Linux plugin?

lcd4linux uses threads internally. If it would hold up the UI thread, you'd see spinners.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Slow zap on Vu+ Duo 4K #64 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 9 May 2019 - 15:03

Are you sure? LCD works even without LCD4Linux plugin, I have uninstalled it but LCD works normally with default settings on Duo4k. Or is there some leftover from plugin?

The LCD doesn't need lcd4linux on newer (read: UHD/ARM) VU+ receivers. It has the same interface as all other displays, so enigma can drive them itself. The only drawback is that you're stuck with what the skinner makes, if you want something else, you need to change the skin.

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Slow zap on Vu+ Duo 4K #65 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,612 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 9 May 2019 - 15:34

I've not seen this phenomenon ever. It may be because I am not using all of the fancy lcd4linux stuff, like weather and other cloud services.

You don't need to, the issue is appearent even with the stock install and config, directly after a flash. It becomes really appearent if tuners are active with recordings when you zap.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Slow zap on Vu+ Duo 4K #66 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 9 May 2019 - 17:01

Then they "fancy" stuff apparently is in the default config and enabled that way. That would explain why I never see it (with my very basic config). As said, if that's the case, it should be solved there imho, trimming the default config down to a minimum.

Re: Slow zap on Vu+ Duo 4K #67 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,612 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 9 May 2019 - 17:32

Not sure what you mean by fancy stuff.

lcd4linux enabled or disabled shows exactly the same info on the display. And the display example shown in the lcd4linux plugin isn't shown at all. So in my humble opinion lcd4linux doesn't do anything visible.

So perhaps you don't have an lcd skin, only a (basic) lcd4linux config, and therefore no conflict?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Slow zap on Vu+ Duo 4K #68 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 9 May 2019 - 18:48

That's is what I am saying. Enigma controls the LCD. The output you're seeing on your display is part of the PLi* skin. There is no need to run lcd4linux to show it.

If you want to use lcd4linux (because you want to control what's on the display yourself), you need to:

- install lcd4linux (but apparently that already happens)

- go into the lcd4linux configuration and select "box skin" virtual output

- apply it; this will create the required skin file in /etc/enigma

- after restarting enigma (!) enigma will show lcd4linux instead, via the skin file.

If any of these steps is not taken, you will not see lcd4linux output.

Having said that, it can still be that lcd4linux does all kinds of fancy stuff, due to the default config. You'll just not see it.

What I am using is a minimalistically configured lcd4linux, so it's different from the default config. So it does use lcd4linux and shows it (via enigma).

Re: Slow zap on Vu+ Duo 4K #69 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,612 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 9 May 2019 - 19:02

What I notice is that when lcd4linux is installed, "lcd4linux enabled" is set to "yes", and with this config:

Attached File  1_0_19_5225_C99_3_EB0000_0_0_0_20190509185911.jpg   96.54KB   4 downloads

So it has an LCD type configured.

No clue how you can change this to an enigma skin. No clue how this thing work, of I try to enable debug (use left/right to switch off to on), the option list changes completely. Likewise it I try to select a different LCD type, I can not change anything...

The options in the menu, load active, load default, etc. also don't show any visible action.

Re: Slow zap on Vu+ Duo 4K #70 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 9 May 2019 - 19:15

You now have selected a "pearl" LCD, which is an external USB type of display. This is the default afaik. You need to change that into "box skin". Please note that lcd4linux was originally conveived for driving external USB displays. The Duo2k LCD (connected by USB)  was added later and enigma skin support (for the VU+ UHD receiver's displays) was added even later. These are display just like the dm8000 (monochrome) and dm820 (colour) using the same interface.

Edited by Erik Slagter, 9 May 2019 - 19:17.

Re: Slow zap on Vu+ Duo 4K #71 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,612 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 9 May 2019 - 19:22

I have not selected anything. This is indeed the setting after installing the plugin.

I can't change it, I have no clue how. Not by using the arrow keys, it directly switches to LCD config.

I think if we can't provide lcd4linux with the correct default config, we should not enable it by default, but have the user do that once it is properly configured. Or not install it by default for boxes which have native Enigma LCD support.

Re: Slow zap on Vu+ Duo 4K #72 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,075 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 10 May 2019 - 15:04

Or not install it by default for boxes which have native Enigma LCD support.

I agree.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Slow zap on Vu+ Duo 4K #73 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 10 May 2019 - 18:07

We could consider that.

ATM it's dependend on some machine_feature though, and that's in the BSP. So either all machines will have it in the image or none. I can live with "none".

Re: Slow zap on Vu+ Duo 4K #74 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,612 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 10 May 2019 - 18:11

The best thing is probably to move it from openpli-enigma2-image.bb to enigma2-feed.bb, so it is still available for those that have that MACHINE_FEATURE, but in the feeds, and not preinstalled.

Re: Slow zap on Vu+ Duo 4K #75 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 10 May 2019 - 20:31

Perfect.

Re: Slow zap on Vu+ Duo 4K #76 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,612 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 10 May 2019 - 20:33

Done, and will be part of 7.1-release.

Re: Slow zap on Vu+ Duo 4K #77 -M-

• 128 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 11 May 2019 - 10:35

It would be possible to install it on one (or few) machine, if it is required (as I understand earlier in thread, for atleast one box model). Like it is done for vuplus-tuner-turbo in the bb. However the box that require it for the internal display will still work (I really hope), i.e. osd on the TV. So maybe okay to let these users install it manually. Then they might also realize that they can configure what should be displayed on the lcd.

Re: Slow zap on Vu+ Duo 4K #78 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,612 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 11 May 2019 - 11:56

That is exactly what we want to avoid.

Enigma has native support for the LCD's of these boxes, and I am willing to bet that the majority of the owners of these boxes have no clue what lcd4linux is and does. That is limited to the few "geeks" that roam these forums, and that want the full xmas tree on the display, just because they can. Those people are smart enough to install lcd4linux from the feed.

For which box don't we have native LCD support?

Re: Slow zap on Vu+ Duo 4K #79 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,439 posts

+62
Good

Posted 11 May 2019 - 13:08

The only receiver that needs linux4lcd is the duo2.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.

Re: Slow zap on Vu+ Duo 4K #80 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 11 May 2019 - 14:46

And even then only when you're not satisfied with the vfd also present.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users