Posted 20 July 2020 - 18:00

Is there a solution for multiboot ... Which image in flash..Thankis,,Zgemma H7S

Re: OpenPLi 7.3 Release available. #82 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,564 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 20 July 2020 - 18:46

Not the two arrows under 7 and 9. The recall button is a circular arrow under right key button [sf8008].
On openpli this button is not working at all unless you set it in hotkey

I've never seen a remote with such a key. OpenPLi doesn't have any specific support for it, you can zap through zap history via the < and > keys.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: OpenPLi 7.3 Release available. #83 catastrofus

• 3,443 posts

+43
Good

Posted 20 July 2020 - 19:52

Nice. :)

Can openPli have it a decent history zap ready to be used without installing and configuring aditional plugin ?
My recall button is useless in pli while in all images it opens a skinned history zap that suite the default skin.
Example of simple yet beautiful history zap in atv default skin
attachicon.gifhistoryzap.jpg

2 x ultimo4k (dvb-c fbc + 1 dvb-s2, 8.3r/nb) + een et10k/osmini (geen tuners en dus fallbackclient, nb) met een Synology ds214+ (2 x 6 TB) op DSM 7.1.1 in ziggo oost (voormalig @Home) + A1/A2/A3/HB (TechniSat)

Re: OpenPLi 7.3 Release available. #84 cmmc45

• 9 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 July 2020 - 20:38

O Open Pli 7.3 não está funcionando no ZgemmaH9S. Consigo meter o firmware, ele aceita o mesmo e após configurara o recepyor ytrabalha. Acontece porém que, sempre que desligo o mesmo e tento novamente ligar o mesmo,o receptor fica bloqueado, sem acesso a quaisquer funções. Fui obrigado assim a voltar para o OpenPLI 7.2. Existe alguma problema com este soft relacionado com este receptor

Google translation.

Open Pli 7.3 is not working on the ZgemmaH9S. I can insert the firmware, it accepts the same and after configuring the receiver ytrabalha. It happens, however, that whenever I turn it off and try to turn it on again, the receiver is blocked, without access to any functions. So I was forced to go back to OpenPLI 7.2. There is a problem with this soft related to this receiver

Edited by Frenske, 20 July 2020 - 21:58.
Only English please. I added the Google translation. We have no Spanish section.

Re: OpenPLi 7.3 Release available. #85 cmmc45

• 9 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 July 2020 - 20:47

Obrigado pela informação. Foi exactamente isso que fiz, voltei para o O Open Pli 7.2.

Cumprimentos.

Thanks for the info. That's exactly what I did, I went back to O Open Pli 7.2.

Best regards.

Edited by Frenske, 20 July 2020 - 21:58.

Re: OpenPLi 7.3 Release available. #86 balkanac

• 85 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 21 July 2020 - 19:17

I have Zgemma H7s

With OpenVix 5.3 in the flesh, OpenPLi 7.2 working on multiboot. I  install OpenPLi 7.3, but that kill my multiboot ?!?!?

The other three images are missing.

Please development OpenPLi team to solve this problem.
Thank you!

P.S.

Please recommendation, which image put in a flash to make everything work perfectly.

Edited by balkanac, 21 July 2020 - 19:18.

Re: OpenPLi 7.3 Release available. #87 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,564 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 21 July 2020 - 19:24

Not possible.

There are two multiboot methods in use, and all images flashed must just the same method, you can't mix old and new. This is not specific for OpenPLi, this is true for all images.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: OpenPLi 7.3 Release available. #88 sportfootbol

• 171 posts

+21
Neutral

Posted 21 July 2020 - 19:36

OpenPLi 7.2 worked perfectly with OpenVix 5.3 in flash...If you do the same with OpenPLi 7.3...from OpenPli 7.3 you can't go any further because the other image is not visible...

Re: OpenPLi 7.3 Release available. #89 isteric2005

• 220 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 21 July 2020 - 19:37

I can't understand where I have to intervene and how.
I hope someone gives me information

If Oscam Status can't connect, either Oscam isn't running at all, or it is running on a non-standard port, in which case you need to update the configuration.

what are the files where to intervene

Re: OpenPLi 7.3 Release available. #90 Kaizoku

• 65 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 21 July 2020 - 20:02

I just installed latest vix recovery image then atv 6.4 in slot 2.
When installing latest pli multiboot image it stuck on splash screen.
All these images use new multiboot system so there is no mixing of old and new multiboot here.

-sf8008-

Edited by Kaizoku, 21 July 2020 - 20:09.

Re: OpenPLi 7.3 Release available. #91 balkanac

• 85 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 21 July 2020 - 20:58

Not possible.

There are two multiboot methods in use, and all images flashed must just the same method, you can't mix old and new. This is not specific for OpenPLi, this is true for all images.

If possible with OpenPLi 7.2, why is not possible with OpenPLi 7.3?

Are my expectations that customers get better, not worse, was wrong?

Practically, for me as a user, OpenPLi 7.3 is worse than OpenPLi 7.2.
I would prefer to use only two images in multiboot: PurE2 and OpenPLi.

However, my impression is that OpenPLi team does not want competition and practically puts me in a position of take it or leave it. If you so wish, OK, I will in the future in multiboot use PurE2 and OpenATV. It is not my decision, it's your decision ...

Edited by balkanac, 21 July 2020 - 21:01.

Re: OpenPLi 7.3 Release available. #92 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,564 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 21 July 2020 - 21:17

All these images use new multiboot system so there is no mixing of old and new multiboot here

It is not about the recovery image. It is about the image you flash using the USB method. That image will prepare the partitions used for multiboot flashing (those images are different).

If you flash the box with OpenPLi 7.2, older images in multiboot will boot, 7.3 will not. If you flash the box with OpenPLi 7.3, no older OpenPLi image will boot in multiboot. And the same is true for all other images out there.

Re: OpenPLi 7.3 Release available. #93 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,564 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 21 July 2020 - 21:21

However, my impression is that OpenPLi team does not want competition and practically puts me in a position of take it or leave it. If you so wish, OK, I will in the future in multiboot use PurE2 and OpenATV. It is not my decision, it's your decision ...

By all means, do. You will notice exactly the same thing. Old ATV images won't boot in mutliboot if the box was flashed with a new ATV image, and the other way around.

Reason is that until about 6 months ago, every manufacturer sort of implemented their own multiboot system, which was a nightmare to implement properly in Enigma. We've worked hard with ATV and the manufacturers to get the multiboot mechanism standardized, which has now happened, so all image makers now make images using the standardized format.

Re: OpenPLi 7.3 Release available. #94 sportfootbol

• 171 posts

+21
Neutral

Posted 21 July 2020 - 21:33

Explain why  OpenPli 7.3 does not work with multiboot  if in flash Purte 6.5 OpenAtv 6.4 or OpenVix 5.3..If they can work with each other, and only your image don't work, where is the problem...

There has been disagreement with Pure fimage or a long time...In the end, I will focus on OpenATV and Pure...

Re: OpenPLi 7.3 Release available. #95 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,564 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 21 July 2020 - 21:46

I've already explained it. If you choose not to believe what I write, that is entirely up to you.

Re: OpenPLi 7.3 Release available. #96 Kaizoku

• 65 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 21 July 2020 - 21:59

All these images use new multiboot system so there is no mixing of old and new multiboot here

It is not about the recovery image. It is about the image you flash using the USB method. That image will prepare the partitions used for multiboot flashing (those images are different).

If you flash the box with OpenPLi 7.2, older images in multiboot will boot, 7.3 will not. If you flash the box with OpenPLi 7.3, no older OpenPLi image will boot in multiboot. And the same is true for all other images out there.
The image i flash with usb is Openvix.5.3.039.Release.Sf8008.Recovery.Emmc.zip
(I always start with vix to have original hisilicon splash screen)
openatv-6.4-sf8008-20200721_mmc.zip in slot 2 andopenpli-7.3-release-sf8008-20200720_multiboot.zip in slot 3.
Vix and atv slots are working and booting, slot 3 stuck at boot..

Are you suggesting installing openpli-7.3-release-sf8008-20200720_usb.zip to be able to boot ?

Edited by Kaizoku, 21 July 2020 - 22:01.

Re: OpenPLi 7.3 Release available. #97 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,564 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 21 July 2020 - 22:12

I'm not suggesting anything,

I am just saying that there is a long list of multiboot capable boxes that received a backwards incompatible change to their multiboot mechanism. The SF8008 is just one of those boxes in the list.

The difference for the SF8008 box is very clear: the old system required an SD card in the SD slot to store the multiboot partitions, the new system doesn't, it uses the internal 8GB eMMC.

I don't know what those images are using as their OE. OE-A has changed the partitioning system in 4.4, on April 17th: https://github.com/o...eabd2c74baf0330

If you look at the list of images shown in the boot menu, you'll see some will mention the "old" or "new" boot format: https://github.com/o...r/sf8008/images

So pure2 6.5 uses the new format, so with that flashed you would be able to boot OpenPLi 7.3. But you won't be able to boot ATV anymore (until they update to the new format)

Re: OpenPLi 7.3 Release available. #98 Kaizoku

• 65 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 21 July 2020 - 22:23

Vix and atv both teams use new multiboot format, im sure of that because i always flash with vix first as recovery emmc then atv mmc and pli multiboot and i can boot my 3 favorite images without problems.
The first 7.3 release had this problem that was fixed in the same day.. with monday release the issue happens again.

By the way, thanks pli team because of your suggestion and insisting in changing the multiboot foemay we sf8008 owners can enjoy multiboot without needing sd card.

Re: OpenPLi 7.3 Release available. #99 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,564 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 21 July 2020 - 23:04

I have an SF8008 here with OpenPLi develop (homebuild) flashed (and in slot1). and OpenPLi 7.3-release in slot2. Both use the new multiboot system, and both boot fine.

I have just flashed OpenVIX 5.x in slot3 and OpenATV 6.4 in slot4, both using network multiboot upgrade in the boot menu. Both boot fine too.

Re: OpenPLi 7.3 Release available. #100 Kaizoku

• 65 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 22 July 2020 - 00:19

Thanks for testing and for your time.
I did install openpli-7.3-release-sf8008-20200720_usb.zip and the receiver stuck at boot.
So i entered recovery menu and used usb multiboot upgrade and install atv mmc in slot 1 containing pli.. after reboot slot 1 that now have atv is booting fine.
I will wait for upcoming pli releases since develop branch you tested has this fixed.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: release

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users