Photo

VU+ duo 4k se - service unavailable! check tuner configuration! & No auto discovery of Eutelsat 5.0W

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

Re: VU+ duo 4k se - service unavailable! check tuner configuration! & No auto discovery of Eutelsat 5.0W #21 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,016 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 16 May 2021 - 13:05

Question.

Who has a tuner FBC DVB-C , show a screenshot of the settings menu tuners.

FBC DVB-C same as FBC DVB-S have 6 virtual tuners?

For FBC DVB-C / FBC DVB-S tuners the first two are always rooted with a physical input?

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: VU+ duo 4k se - service unavailable! check tuner configuration! & No auto discovery of Eutelsat 5.0W #22 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,074 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 16 May 2021 - 13:24

Here it is:

Attached File  DVB-C-FBC.jpg   113.95KB   3 downloads

Attached File  DVB-FBC-2.jpg   88.37KB   2 downloads

From what I can see I have only configured the I and J tuner with my cable operator parameters the other one are active but with the default configuration.
config.Nims.0.diseqcA=192
config.Nims.0.diseqcB=130
config.Nims.0.diseqcC=3550
config.Nims.0.diseqcD=3601
config.Nims.0.diseqcMode=diseqc_a_b_c_d
config.Nims.0.simpleDiSEqCOnlyOnSatChange=true
config.Nims.1.diseqcA=130
config.Nims.1.diseqcB=192
config.Nims.1.diseqcC=3550
config.Nims.1.diseqcD=3601
config.Nims.1.diseqcMode=diseqc_a_b_c_d
config.Nims.1.simpleDiSEqCOnlyOnSatChange=true
config.Nims.8.cable.scan_networkid=xxx2
config.Nims.8.cable.scan_provider=VOO-Belgium
config.Nims.8.cable.scan_type=provider
config.Nims.9.cable.scan_networkid=xxx2
config.Nims.9.cable.scan_provider=VOO-Belgium
config.Nims.9.cable.scan_type=provider
I connect only one DVB-C cable to the box.

Edited by Pr2, 16 May 2021 - 13:38.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: VU+ duo 4k se - service unavailable! check tuner configuration! & No auto discovery of Eutelsat 5.0W #23 twol

• 444 posts

+15
Neutral

Posted 16 May 2021 - 13:52

The FBC tuner should be in the first slot (and thus having A-H), the Dual C/T tuner in the second slot (having I and J).

That's how I understand it. I've seen the slots labelled differently on the back of these boxes, this is what it should be.....

I'm not sure what labels "should be", mine is different that the picture you posted, see attached picture.

This "positioning" of tuner works fine in BH and OpenBH, using OpenPli search and signal finder works, just zapping/tuning into channels don't works, to me looks like a bug, having to swap tuners should not be required, the software should be able to handle it. That's my opinion.

Now, the fact that the slots are labelled differently depending on.....who know what (trying to guess, SE vs non SE version??), makes things even more confusing for the users.

The picture just shows whats in the log - the dvb-T/C tuner in slot A, the dvb-s2 in slot B

Previously both Vu+ & Gigablue FBC receivers had a dvb-s2 tuner in slot A - you can argue as much as you like about the software handling this typical Vu+ issue, or change the slots and hopefully have a working image. Based on the experiences of previous users changing the slots round will not impact the use of other images. There are various software implementations supporting FBC tuners based on the 1st boxes from Vu+ and Gigablue

Edited by twol, 16 May 2021 - 13:56.

Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
.........FBC Tuners:
------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
.........DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W)

Octagon sf8008, AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo using Legacy ports on multiswitches
Zgemma H9twin & Zgemma H9 C/S mode into Giga4K

Re: VU+ duo 4k se - service unavailable! check tuner configuration! & No auto discovery of Eutelsat 5.0W #24 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,016 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 16 May 2021 - 15:49

Pr2

big thanks

Re: VU+ duo 4k se - service unavailable! check tuner configuration! & No auto discovery of Eutelsat 5.0W #25 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,016 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 16 May 2021 - 19:36

Done.

Need test preferably with tuners FBC DVB-C.

Attention!

For develop image only!

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/NimManager.py

Re: VU+ duo 4k se - service unavailable! check tuner configuration! & No auto discovery of Eutelsat 5.0W #26 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,439 posts

+62
Good

Posted 16 May 2021 - 21:48

Is this a typo on line 1165?

lastrotorposition = -1#secClass.getInstance().frontendLastRotorOrbitalPosition(slotid)

Re: VU+ duo 4k se - service unavailable! check tuner configuration! & No auto discovery of Eutelsat 5.0W #27 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,247 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 16 May 2021 - 21:49

Question.

Who has a tuner FBC DVB-C , show a screenshot of the settings menu tuners.

FBC DVB-C same as FBC DVB-S have 6 virtual tuners?

For FBC DVB-C / FBC DVB-S tuners the first two are always rooted with a physical input?

No, and no.

FBC DVB-C has only 1 socket, not 2. All 8 tuners connected to 1 socket.

FBC DVB-S2, it is valid to connect a single cable to just socket 2 or just socket 1 and feed the other 7 tuners from that cable.

Edited by Huevos, 16 May 2021 - 22:00.

Re: VU+ duo 4k se - service unavailable! check tuner configuration! & No auto discovery of Eutelsat 5.0W #28 SatRider

• 16 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 May 2021 - 01:17

The picture just shows whats in the log - the dvb-T/C tuner in slot A, the dvb-s2 in slot B

Previously both Vu+ & Gigablue FBC receivers had a dvb-s2 tuner in slot A - you can argue as much as you like about the software handling this typical Vu+ issue, or change the slots and hopefully have a working image. Based on the experiences of previous users changing the slots round will not impact the use of other images. There are various software implementations supporting FBC tuners based on the 1st boxes from Vu+ and Gigablue

I'm sorry, I received my new box with the tuners configured/ordered that way and, as I wrote, I was just expressing "my opinion", I was not arguing anything.

For the record, I swapped the tuners and it's now working fine.

Nevertheless, I still think that fixing this would make OpenPli a better image, IN MY OPINION.

Edited by SatRider, 17 May 2021 - 01:19.

Re: VU+ duo 4k se - service unavailable! check tuner configuration! & No auto discovery of Eutelsat 5.0W #29 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,016 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 17 May 2021 - 05:17

Is this a typo on line 1165?

lastrotorposition = -1#secClass.getInstance().frontendLastRotorOrbitalPosition(slotid)

Nearly.

This does not affect the FBC check.

You are very attentive ;) .

Re: VU+ duo 4k se - service unavailable! check tuner configuration! & No auto discovery of Eutelsat 5.0W #30 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,016 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 17 May 2021 - 05:29

Nevertheless, I still think that fixing this would make OpenPli a better image, IN MY OPINION.

I've already done it.

My DUO4K works great with the combination

<Tuner A & B>
- Tuner type: DVB-T2

<Tuner C & J>
- Tuner type: FBC DVB-SX

C and D is root tuner

Re: VU+ duo 4k se - service unavailable! check tuner configuration! & No auto discovery of Eutelsat 5.0W #31 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,016 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 17 May 2021 - 05:32

No, and no.

FBC DVB-C has only 1 socket, not 2. All 8 tuners connected to 1 socket.

FBC DVB-S2, it is valid to connect a single cable to just socket 2 or just socket 1 and feed the other 7 tuners from that cable.

Thanks.

I got it.

FBC DVB-C one root tuner.

FBC DVB-S2 two root tuners.

Re: VU+ duo 4k se - service unavailable! check tuner configuration! & No auto discovery of Eutelsat 5.0W #32 madiv

• 25 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 May 2021 - 05:56

Seems less useful anymore so just for the records:
Screenshots showing that tuners Duo 4k se reported in logs are same as physical config:
- DVB-T2 card in slot A='Tuner A'. Detected as Tuner A&B
- 2xDVB-S2 card in slot B='Tuner B'. Detected as Tuner I&J. 2 sat cables connected to the 2 tuners in.

@twol
> Try switching tuners around (physically) so dvb-s2 card is in position A
Good point, and as SatRider reported in post #28 that it solved problem 1- : you were Right :-).
However I tend to agree with SatRider: It would be better when software handle that as
- like SatRider I got this duo 4k se config (tuner pre-installed) delivered by a professional sat shop. I did not change it.
  => there should be many users out there in same case that won't understand why OpenPLi does not work, and they may not take the time to search/report (and it will probably be not easy to find it in the forum in X months).
- config runs well under VTi.
- there is no 'warning' from OpenPLi saying one should swap the tuners.
- if I swap tuners, I cannot restore my VTi backups without physically swapping tuners again (well, only in case I need/want to return to VTi).
  => not so convenient.

So thanks to Dimitrij post #30 saying 'already done'
Does somebody know when the fix will be available in 8.0 release ?

Attached Files

Edited by madiv, 17 May 2021 - 05:56.

Re: VU+ duo 4k se - service unavailable! check tuner configuration! & No auto discovery of Eutelsat 5.0W #33 twol

• 444 posts

+15
Neutral

Posted 17 May 2021 - 07:11

Seems less useful anymore so just for the records:
Screenshots showing that tuners Duo 4k se reported in logs are same as physical config:
- DVB-T2 card in slot A='Tuner A'. Detected as Tuner A&B
- 2xDVB-S2 card in slot B='Tuner B'. Detected as Tuner I&J. 2 sat cables connected to the 2 tuners in.

@twol
> Try switching tuners around (physically) so dvb-s2 card is in position A
Good point, and as SatRider reported in post #28 that it solved problem 1- : you were Right :-).
However I tend to agree with SatRider: It would be better when software handle that as
- like SatRider I got this duo 4k se config (tuner pre-installed) delivered by a professional sat shop. I did not change it.
  => there should be many users out there in same case that won't understand why OpenPLi does not work, and they may not take the time to search/report (and it will probably be not easy to find it in the forum in X months).
- config runs well under VTi.
- there is no 'warning' from OpenPLi saying one should swap the tuners.
- if I swap tuners, I cannot restore my VTi backups without physically swapping tuners again (well, only in case I need/want to return to VTi).
  => not so convenient.

So thanks to Dimitrij post #30 saying 'already done'
Does somebody know when the fix will be available in 8.0 release ?

I totally understand the viewpoint of SatRider and yourself. .. I would probably feel the same way…. And Google is more keen on providing results that try to sell the box than show forum articles! I am not a OpenPli user but remember the posts from way back on this forum with the 1st users of this receiver, just surprised OpenPli have forgotten!
Its probably Vu+ and not dealers that install the Sat card, but as Vu+ are not the most communicative outfit I am sure we will never know the logic.

How soon for Dimitrij‘s fix? In my view it will need some heavy testing as the last thing needed is to cause issues with current users of the other FBC receivers - and their backups - an excellent point mentioned in your post (Vti backups)

Edited by twol, 17 May 2021 - 07:17.

Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
.........FBC Tuners:
------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
.........DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W)

Octagon sf8008, AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo using Legacy ports on multiswitches
Zgemma H9twin & Zgemma H9 C/S mode into Giga4K

Re: VU+ duo 4k se - service unavailable! check tuner configuration! & No auto discovery of Eutelsat 5.0W #34 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,247 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 17 May 2021 - 07:51

BTW, if there are FBC DVB-C and FBC DVB-S in the same Vu receiver, the DVB-C tuner must go in the first slot.

Re: VU+ duo 4k se - service unavailable! check tuner configuration! & No auto discovery of Eutelsat 5.0W #35 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,016 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 17 May 2021 - 08:06

BTW, if there are FBC DVB-C and FBC DVB-S in the same Vu receiver, the DVB-C tuner must go in the first slot.

By the way, I found my mistake for determining FBC DVB-C tuners. In the evening there will be a fix.

Re: VU+ duo 4k se - service unavailable! check tuner configuration! & No auto discovery of Eutelsat 5.0W #36 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,074 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 17 May 2021 - 08:21

Not true I have a Duo 4K and a Soloi4K with just the opposite and it is working fine.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: VU+ duo 4k se - service unavailable! check tuner configuration! & No auto discovery of Eutelsat 5.0W #37 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,247 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 17 May 2021 - 08:35

Not true I have a Duo 4K and a Soloi4K with just the opposite and it is working fine.

Of course it does not apply to the Solo4K, that machine does not accept slot in FBC tuners. And you certainly can't put an FBC cable tuner in it.

I still have the email from Vu plus (12/2016) explaining that if FBC DVB-C is used it must go in the first slot. Duo4k came out 2 years later so possibly is different, but I am talking about FBC tuners, not the legacy TT3L10 that is not compatible with the FBC socket.

Re: VU+ duo 4k se - service unavailable! check tuner configuration! & No auto discovery of Eutelsat 5.0W #38 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,016 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 17 May 2021 - 09:32

Please help.

cat /proc/bus/nim_sockets

What other fbc tuners are there?

I know:

1)Qviart Lunix 4K

"DVB-S NIM(45208X FBC)"

2)Gigablue

"DVB-S2X NIM(45308X FBC)"

"DVB-S2 NIM(45308 FBC)"

"DVB-C NIM(3128 FBC)"

3)VU+

"Vuplus DVB-S NIM(7376 FBC)"
"Vuplus DVB-S NIM(45308X FBC)"
"Vuplus DVB-S NIM(45208 FBC)"

"Vuplus DVB-S NIM(45308 FBC)"   --> not sure need to confirm!

"Vuplus DVB-C NIM(BCM3158)"
"Vuplus DVB-C NIM(BCM3148)"

4)Dreambox

"BCM 45308"-->DREAMBOX DVB-S2X MS Multistream FBC TWIN TUNER  --> not sure need to confirm!

"BCM 45208"-->DREAMBOX DVB-S2 FBC TWIN TUNER  --> not sure need to confirm!

"BCM3158 (DVB-C)"  or   "BCM31588" -->DREAMBOX DVB-C FBC Tuner (8 Demodulatoren)  --> not sure need to confirm!

Edited by Dimitrij, 17 May 2021 - 10:03.

Re: VU+ duo 4k se - service unavailable! check tuner configuration! & No auto discovery of Eutelsat 5.0W #39 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,016 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 17 May 2021 - 10:13

Edit.

4)Dreambox

"BCM45308X"  -->DREAMBOX DVB-S2X MS Multistream FBC TWIN TUNER

"BCM45208"  -->DREAMBOX DVB-S2 FBC TWIN TUNER

"BCM3158"        -->  this DVB-C

"BCM31588" -->DREAMBOX DVB-C FBC Tuner (8 Demodulatoren)  --> not sure need to confirm!

Re: VU+ duo 4k se - service unavailable! check tuner configuration! & No auto discovery of Eutelsat 5.0W #40 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,247 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 17 May 2021 - 10:34

Please help.

cat /proc/bus/nim_sockets

What other fbc tuners are there?

I know:

3)VU+
"Vuplus DVB-S NIM(45308 FBC)"   --> not sure need to confirm!

I don't think so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users