Photo

Release Openpli 8.1 available in the downloadsection.

release problems

• Please log in to reply
398 replies to this topic

#1 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 21 August 2021 - 00:29

After a difficult period in which our server park had to be completely renovated, the Release 8.1 finally became public for our users tonight.

Unfortunately, in part due to the crashing of one of our servers during renovation, you are required to flash this release.
Do not update,
even though that is technically possible.

We hope it will meet the needs of many users, although there will still be gaps. However, we hope that the stability of our image can make up for this.

The team has done its utmost to make this version suitable for all the currently supported models. However, users should also take into account with this version that for the older models of most supported brands there is very little space available in flash for extra plugins besides a channel list and a softcam.

Becaus of this, chances are that these older models may no longer be supported in future releases.

With the online flash method in the menu, combined with a correct auto backup, you will be up and running again in no time. Plugins installed outside of our feeds will need to be reinstalled.

We hope that our users will be satisfied with this latest Release. The various Release Notes, including those of 8.1-release, can be found in the wiki.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Release Openpli 8.1 available in the downloadsection. #2 Rolands

• 21 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 21 August 2021 - 08:21

After fresh install  and update on VU+Solo lost FTP connections, On VU+Zero and VU+ Uno4K works fin e

Re: Release Openpli 8.1 available in the downloadsection. #3 Kaizoku

• 65 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 21 August 2021 - 11:49

Thanks to pli team and all contributors, 8.1 release working perfectly without issues on sf8008.

Re: Release Openpli 8.1 available in the downloadsection. #4 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,075 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 21 August 2021 - 12:56

After fresh install  and update on VU+Solo lost FTP connections, On VU+Zero and VU+ Uno4K works fin e

After fresh install you need to set back your 'telnet' password it is the same one used for FTP access.

So first connect with telnet to the box then type the command:  passwd  to define a password.

You also need first to define a telnet password before being able to SSH or SFTP to the box. If password is empty you cannot connect through SSH.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Release Openpli 8.1 available in the downloadsection. #5 believe

• 15 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 August 2021 - 13:40

Hello, after installation Edision OS Mio 4K does not show the contents of automounts and I do not see anything on the network. There is no change when recharging

Re: Release Openpli 8.1 available in the downloadsection. #6 Luna10

• 43 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 August 2021 - 14:10

"Attention Although 8.1 is a minor update, you MUST flash it!". I did not flash, I did an online upgrade. I see no problems. Why do we need to flash?

Re: Release Openpli 8.1 available in the downloadsection. #7 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 21 August 2021 - 14:56

Because the PR database got lost during a hardware crash when we were rebuilding the server farm, causing the ipk versions to be reset.

This means that if you do a software update, you might get a partial update (because some new versions are lower than they were in 8.0), and end up with a no longer working box.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Release Openpli 8.1 available in the downloadsection. #8 patrikcoc

• 36 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 August 2021 - 15:16

I flashed the 0821 build of 8.1 on my Solo 4K, but it downloaded 113 updates after checking, is this normal?

Because the PR database got lost during a hardware crash when we were rebuilding the server farm, causing the ipk versions to be reset.

This means that if you do a software update, you might get a partial update (because some new versions are lower than they were in 8.0), and end up with a no longer working box.

Re: Release Openpli 8.1 available in the downloadsection. #9 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 21 August 2021 - 15:43

No, it is an issue we're still trying to solve.

The cause is the fact we use shared feeds for TUNE_ARCH, so packages for boxes with the same hardware architecture are only build once.

This sometimes fails, so images that are build after yours increase the version number, which your image then sees as an update. Binary, the packages are identical, only the version number is incorrectly incremented.

Re: Release Openpli 8.1 available in the downloadsection. #10 Luna10

• 43 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 August 2021 - 15:56

I see no problems. I don't understand the problem ipk version is reset. What does that mean?

Re: Release Openpli 8.1 available in the downloadsection. #11 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 21 August 2021 - 16:31

Take for example rsync. It's package is "rsync_3.1.3-r0.3_armv7ahf-neon.ipk". The version generated by the build in this name is "r0.3", meaning "release 0, 3rd build".

If this version in the feed is higher than installed locally, like "r0.4" or "r1.0", opkg sees it as an updated package, and installs it. If it is the same, or lower, it will skip it.

The version of every package is tracked in the build farm using the PR database, which we keep for every major release. So 8.0 and 8.1 use the same one, and we do this so that 8.1 builds will always have higher versions than any package in 8.0.

However, during a major hardware upgrade two months ago, our SSD storage server had a hardware crash, and this PR database was lost.

So, the first 8.1 build of that rsync package will have version "r0.0". Which is lower than was available in 8.0, so this package will not be updated. This can lead to a corrupted enigma, as has been already reported.

If you have this problem and don't want or can't flash, it can be fixed from the commandline using

opkg list-installed | while read f; do opkg install ${f%% *} --force-reinstall; done

which will reinstall every installed package using the version in the feed, regardless of the version number.

Re: Release Openpli 8.1 available in the downloadsection. #12 believe

• 15 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 August 2021 - 16:40

Hello, after installation Edision OS Mio 4K does not show the contents of automounts and I do not see anything on the network. There is no change when recharging

Re: Release Openpli 8.1 available in the downloadsection. #13 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 21 August 2021 - 17:17

Did you check if the mounts are made at all?

What did you upgrade from, and did you use a restore from autobackup?

Re: Release Openpli 8.1 available in the downloadsection. #14 believe

• 15 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 August 2021 - 17:20

Yes

Re: Release Openpli 8.1 available in the downloadsection. #15 believe

• 15 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 August 2021 - 17:22

I upgraded from 8.0 to the new 8.1 and used automatic backup

Re: Release Openpli 8.1 available in the downloadsection. #16 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 21 August 2021 - 17:23

Ok.

Check the options on your automounts. Previously, incorrect or unsupported ones where silently ignored, now, they cause the mount to fail.

See https://linux.die.net/man/8/mount.cifs for CIFS, https://linux.die.net/man/8/mount.nfs for NFS.

Re: Release Openpli 8.1 available in the downloadsection. #17 believe

• 15 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 August 2021 - 17:24

I upgraded from 8.0 to the new 8.1 and used automatic backup

I have several receivers the one who stayed at 8.0 sees those with 8.0. But those with 8.1 see nothing. automounts.xml is installed

Re: Release Openpli 8.1 available in the downloadsection. #18 believe

• 15 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 August 2021 - 17:33

Ok.

Check the options on your automounts. Previously, incorrect or unsupported ones where silently ignored, now, they cause the mount to fail.

See https://linux.die.net/man/8/mount.cifs for CIFS, https://linux.die.net/man/8/mount.nfs for NFS.

This has always been the setting:     vers=3,sec=ntlmssp,rw

Edited by believe, 21 August 2021 - 17:35.

Re: Release Openpli 8.1 available in the downloadsection. #19 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 21 August 2021 - 17:58

Change the options to "rw", and save it, OpenPLi will automatically detect the most secure version possible.

If that doesn't work, restart Enigma in debug mode. Once restarted, restart again in normal mode. You will now have a debuglog file in /home/root. It will show you will the mount fails.

Re: Release Openpli 8.1 available in the downloadsection. #20 believe

• 15 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 August 2021 - 18:59

Change the options to "rw", and save it, OpenPLi will automatically detect the most secure version possible.

If that doesn't work, restart Enigma in debug mode. Once restarted, restart again in normal mode. You will now have a debuglog file in /home/root. It will show you will the mount fails.

mount error(22): Invalid argument

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users