Dm 800 bugs?

DM800

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Beatngu

• 25 posts

Neutral

Posted 12 January 2009 - 19:36

I have a list with small problems i have on my dm 800.

I use the latest pli img and a boot takes 2-5min is this normal? sometimes it gets stuck in the boot menu,have to pull the plugg to reboot.
Many times on a boot it says setting up for first time use on the pli picture on the boot screen,but its not the first time.
After a web software update i get a question on rebooting after the update,i choose yes and the pli bootmenu gets on my screen and the box is not rebooting and has no power.
I have to pull the plugg to get it on again,and sometimes i have to put the plug in and out 4-8 times before i get power on the box and its starting.
Sometimes when scanning for channels it crashes and gets stuck,allsow have to pull the plugg nothing working anymore.

I can live with problems since its all just small 1s,but maybe some1 can make a link between thoose problems and my satfinder problem......

PS:i have reflashed,and its a orginal dm 800 hd.....

Re: Dm 800 bugs? #2 updatelee

• 631 posts

Neutral

Posted 12 January 2009 - 21:07

half the problem is the dreambox 800 needs to be unpluged for at least 30sec before you plug it in else it gets stuck on bootup. the other half seems to be a timing issue with some kernel modules, there is a thread on this subject here, search and you'll find the resolve.
DM500, DM7000, DM800 Fortec Mercury II, sg2100, winegard 39", invacom qph-031 Toshiba TRX-2220 ku-linear

Re: Dm 800 bugs? #3 gerrit

• 1,473 posts

Neutral

Posted 12 January 2009 - 23:12

up2datelee is right... And here we already noticed the problem some time ago, but we haven't been able to figure out a solution that really works...
Droomdoos 7000 Droomdoos 600 pvr bij moeke Droomdoos 7025 met OLED Frysk oersetter foar Pli

Re: Dm 800 bugs? #4 Bitman

• 12 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 January 2009 - 00:38

Hi there, I'm having exactly the same problems. On a second DM800 I cannot even get my first satellite installed as it keeps freezing on the tuner configuration page - usually when I'm trying to select my satellite (Intelsat 8 at 166, which requires quite a few buttons presses). It is even worse if I try and hold the right arrow key to scroll quickly through the list of satellites - I can usually only get to 64 degrees east !

In my humble opinion, PLi Jade is a no go on the DM800 until these problems are resolved.

Cheers

I have a list with small problems i have on my dm 800.

I use the latest pli img and a boot takes 2-5min is this normal? sometimes it gets stuck in the boot menu, have to pull the plug to reboot.

After a web software update i get a question on rebooting after the update,i choose yes and the pli bootmenu gets on my screen and the box is not rebooting and has no power.

I have to pull the plugg to get it on again,and sometimes i have to put the plug in and out 4-8 times before i get power on the box and its starting.
Sometimes when scanning for channels it crashes and gets stuck,allsow have to pull the plugg nothing working anymore.

Re: Dm 800 bugs? #5 jonc

• 2,667 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 January 2009 - 00:52

Hi there, I'm having exactly the same problems. On a second DM800 I cannot even get my first satellite installed as it keeps freezing on the tuner configuration page - usually when I'm trying to select my satellite (Intelsat 8 at 166, which requires quite a few buttons presses). It is even worse if I try and hold the right arrow key to scroll quickly through the list of satellites - I can usually only get to 64 degrees east !

Yet I have never had these problems at all with tuning satellites. I use a 8x8 multiswitch here as shown in the wiki >> E2Tuner << , being a mixture of Ku single, Ku universial and C band LNB's. Here is IS8 C Band settings I use and it is perfect

Posted Image

Re: Dm 800 bugs? #6 jonc

• 2,667 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:16

half the problem is the dreambox 800 needs to be unpluged for at least 30sec before you plug it in else it gets stuck on bootup. the other half seems to be a timing issue with some kernel modules, there is a thread on this subject here, search and you'll find the resolve.

I think you hit the nail on the head here in part two of your answer. I personally think it is LAN related, as this morning I put my 800 on a non LAN set up on a local HDTV channel (I have no LAN connected - wired nor wifi) and the boot times almost triple (same issues with some E1 boxes) because;

1. No LAN detected
2. Devices that the 800 think are attached via the LAN are not attached and need to timeout before the next part of boot takes place

So this would mean these issues could be part of the other users issues relating to boot up of the 800

1. misconfigured LAN in the DM800
2. misconfigured LAN settings for attached devices
3. attached LAN devices not attached or turned on (mount/movire plugin etc)
4. LAN not available at DM800's boot time for whatever reason (no DHCP server, DHCP server busy and a pile of other normal issues)
5. LAN not available when an external device is called (a pile of reasons why, see above note) during boot up / start up

etc etc

Just my two pence worth ...
It's a hobby, so mileage varies Tell your friends about our Pli Wiki as it is there to help you - Click here for the PLi Wiki

Re: Dm 800 bugs? #7 Bitman

• 12 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:54

I don't think so. I had no LAN issues with PLi Jade on a DM600, and now the DM800 routinely locks up on start up, along with the other freezing problems described in my post above.

I think you hit the nail on the head here in part two of your answer. I personally think it is LAN related, as this morning I put my 800 on a non LAN set up on a local HDTV channel (I have no LAN connected - wired nor wifi) and the boot times almost triple (same issues with some E1 boxes) because...

Are you using the latest Jade2 firmware and the latest enigma2 ? That's what I have installed (not for much longer though)

Yet I have never had these problems at all with tuning satellites. I use a 8x8 multiswitch here as shown in the wiki >> E2Tuner << , being a mixture of Ku single, Ku universial and C band LNB's. Here is IS8 C Band settings I use and it is perfect

Re: Dm 800 bugs? #8 jonc

• 2,667 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:31

Yes the latest version, I did some of the testing on it and it works perfect here on my 800 although in an earlier pre-public release I had the same issues everyone is reporting, and I had to flash down to DMM's E2 software and then reflash with Jade2 to get it back to normal.

However in this latest release apart from the satellites.xml being split back to front from the earlier Jade E2 release (where the Ku postion has been swapped with the C band position on satellites that have both the C/Ku bands - this only effects the picons) I could not find anything wrong, and still can not. A good way to see this is to check the E2 wiki pages, which I write off the DM800 here.

However I did see major delays in boot/start up times when I had mounts/mediaplayers and other LAN dependant actions on a non LAN environment like I have the 800 on now.

PS: Off IS2 169e C band last night - on the Globecast feed channel - Setanta Sport Australia running FTA

Posted Image

Re: Dm 800 bugs? #9 Bitman

• 12 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 January 2009 - 03:19

Maybe it's my motorised dish installation with DisEqc switch in the mix ??

Re: Dm 800 bugs? #10 jonc

• 2,667 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 January 2009 - 04:00

IMHO, it should work OK as all you have enabled is diseqc 1.2 and the appropriate diseqc's AA or AB etc for the LNB's, but I never tested it 100% on this. I chucked my motek on it and it worked, but I will put a vbox on the 3.2m and try it later and see if this is an issue, but the motek should have found any issue with the diseqc 1.2 settings.

Having said this it takes an age if you have moved the dish off the default start channels satellite (as I did with the Motek to test it), but still works never the less :)

Re: Dm 800 bugs? #11 jonc

• 2,667 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 January 2009 - 05:55

IMHO, it should work OK as all you have enabled is diseqc 1.2 and the appropriate diseqc's AA or AB etc for the LNB's, but I never tested it 100% on this. I chucked my motek on it and it worked, but I will put a vbox on the 3.2m and try it later and see if this is an issue, but the motek should have found any issue with the diseqc 1.2 settings.

Having said this it takes an age if you have moved the dish off the default start channels satellite (as I did with the Motek to test it), but still works never the less :)

I confirm this works 100% even better than the Dm500, 600 and 7020 I have here (suprised me just how well it works) and so fast to, compared to these other boxes. So I think it is simply a set up issue there you have for diseqc 1.2 :) What the issue you have is, I do not know sorry.

I will get around to writing the wiki for motek and vbox type movers in due course.

Re: Dm 800 bugs? #12 Bitman

• 12 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 January 2009 - 14:20

I installed the latest version of Gemini and had absolutely no problems at all. So I can confirm that Jade2 for DM800 has some BIG issues to overcome. When they are, I'll be giving it another spin as PLi is preference !

Cheers from downunder

Re: Dm 800 bugs? #13 jonc

• 2,667 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 January 2009 - 14:39

Sorry do not agree with this at all. Maybe you have some issues to overcome (said as a true ANZAC = me being a Kiwi and all - tongue in cheek)

Re: Dm 800 bugs? #14 Bitman

• 12 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 January 2009 - 20:42

Sorry do not agree with this at all. Maybe you have some issues to overcome (said as a true ANZAC = me being a Kiwi and all - tongue in cheek)

I'm not imagining things, I battled around for 2 days trying to get 2 different DM800's to work and no luck. You need to read the comments of many others and your own administrators as well, so don't bury your head in the sand (said in the true spirit of an ANZAC)

Re: Dm 800 bugs? #15 gerrit

• 1,473 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 January 2009 - 22:45

The problem we experianced is that the drivers won't load properly. With these drivers, the drivers from dream are meant.. If they aren't loaded, enigma dies..

The cause for not loading, is most likely to be the hardware. If the component isn't ready, the drivers can't get loaded i guess.
It's just a modprobe with no "load verification".
Droomdoos 7000 Droomdoos 600 pvr bij moeke Droomdoos 7025 met OLED Frysk oersetter foar Pli

Re: Dm 800 bugs? #16 Bitman

• 12 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 January 2009 - 23:01

Right, so it's the hardware at fault is it ? Gemini seems to work fine with faulty hardware then LOL.

Re: Dm 800 bugs? #17 updatelee

• 631 posts

Neutral

Posted 14 January 2009 - 00:30

oi some people are never happy. download the cvs, determine whats wrong and let us know. we would be happy to fix the issue.
DM500, DM7000, DM800 Fortec Mercury II, sg2100, winegard 39", invacom qph-031 Toshiba TRX-2220 ku-linear

Re: Dm 800 bugs? #18 Bitman

• 12 posts

Neutral

Posted 14 January 2009 - 00:36

Who said I wasn't happy ? As stated above I prefer to stay with the PLI images, but it ain't working for me on my new DM800's. Don't shoot the messenger mate, I'm just reporting the facts ! What is the cvs, where do I get it and what does it do ?

Re: Dm 800 bugs? #19 updatelee

• 631 posts

Neutral

Posted 14 January 2009 - 01:29

cvs is the latest and greatest factory image from dmm.

Re: Dm 800 bugs? #20 Bitman

• 12 posts

Neutral

Posted 14 January 2009 - 01:55

I'm not having problems with either the factory image or Gemini image, only the PLI Jade2 image.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DM800

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users